Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm curious if he's going to be primarily Gamespot with permission to do GB stuff on the side or what the deal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Pinball becomes a permanent fixture of definitely-not-UPF.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Burn the 'dawgs
Kill the Yellowjackets
Purge the Tiger
It is better to die for Bama than to live for yourself

Fun Shoe

Iím not prepared for this level of dedicated ongoing snark, but Iím here for it.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Fallom posted:

Two of their youngest employees quitting without having jobs lined up probably led to some real awkward meetings.

All signs so far seem to indicate RV offered payouts to existing gamespot / giant bomb employees under longer contracts

Magna Kaser
Nov 4, 2004

iirc ben said an opportunity presented itself and he took it when he left, so idk if he quit without another job. he said he was specifically leaving to go to a non public facing job so I doubt he'd announce any details beyond what he already did.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

I'm curious what Bakalar's job will actually entail day to day based off of the tweet's wording. Like I'm sure he'll still be on the Beastcast regardless but maybe the bulk of his job will be more managerial/behind the scenes?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

hcreight posted:

I'm curious what Bakalar's job will actually entail day to day based off of the tweet's wording. Like I'm sure he'll still be on the Beastcast regardless but maybe the bulk of his job will be more managerial/behind the scenes?

Yeah Alex briefly mentioned it on his drum stream tonight and the title definitely sounded more behind the scenes-ish and didn't sound like he's really directly related to Giant Bomb but I might be reading too much into it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

odiv posted:

It's funny because Rob's story is basically my experience as well. Not so much the megafan aspect, but I was stoked enough about Star Wars to see Episode I in theatres, which was disappointing. Then I won tickets to Episode II so I thought I would give it a go, but I hated it even more. Didn't bother seeing Episode III.

And while I really liked the first couple of episodes of A More Civilized Age, I really can't justify watching a show I have zero interest in, just to keep listening.

I was a huge fan through the prequels, fell off after that but did watch the new movies and Mandalorian. I thought there was zero chance I'd ever watch Clone Wars but A More Civilized Age got me interested and I watched the whole thing over the past few months.

It starts off rough but hits its stride by season two. The anthology structure is used really well to tell a variety of stories in different settings and subgenres, and it does some fantastic work rehabilitating characters and an entire era of Star Wars that seemed unsalvageable. Anakin is actually a compelling character who makes sense, and the clones and their struggle to find an identity get explored with impressive pathos.

It has its issues: like I said the early episodes are kinda forgettable kids show fodder, and the anthology structure does some weird stuff with the pacing; more often than not I was onboard by the end of an arc, but there were several times I wondered "why are we spending a quarter of a season on this?" Overall though it hits incredibly well with great high points. It's easily the best onscreen Star Wars content since the original trilogy, and probably the best Star Wars has been in general for decades. Ahsoka and Captain Rex might be my favorite Star Wars characters, period.

If you're not into Star Wars enough to want to watch a hundred+ episodes of a scifi cartoon though, you can skip it. If you're on the fence definitely check it out.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Well poo poo thatís awesome

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Maybe now she can live without a tidal wave of lovely dudes dumping all over her for having the nerve to not like a game they haven't actually played, but just KNOW is going to be amazing.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Maybe now she can live without a tidal wave of lovely dudes dumping all over her for having the nerve to not like a game they haven't actually played, but just KNOW is going to be amazing.

Sadly localizers have been hit by gg before for not using word to word translation no matter if it would make a mangled english sentence. And since now she worked at gamespot that gives bad people material to dig for any crumb of a conspiracy to latch to on any numerous videos/posts.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Re: Bakalar's new gig

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Quixotic1 posted:

Sadly localizers have been hit by gg before for not using word to word translation no matter if it would make a mangled english sentence. And since now she worked at gamespot that gives bad people material to dig for any crumb of a conspiracy to latch to on any numerous videos/posts.

Yeah, I don't know if that's the same as the "Nintendo Treehouse" positions but it was specifically one of the localization managers there who got targeted and harassed and then fired by Nintendo after gators doxxed her

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quixotic1 posted:

Yeah, I guess as long as she's a woman in games they'll always find some excuse to dump on her

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

RIP legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wPeoURsz0c

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 26, 2007

Brad loaded up Pac-Man 99.

Guess how long it took for him to die

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 9, 2021

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This What the Dub game seems pretty fun

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

gamers rise up

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1380638792340627456
Dan is absolutely living his best life

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Look at those cool guys and also Dan.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I love that outside of his wedding photos there's something about Dan that just makes him look like he was photoshopped into every picture

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

I legit hope Dan gets to live his dream of being a WWE manager reach for the stars my man

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dan looks like a tourist dad who wandered into the shot because he saw he was wearing the same shirt.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

He looks like a Max Payne (from 3) cosplayer

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ixnay posted:

Hahahah

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blockhouse posted:

I love that outside of his wedding photos there's something about Dan that just makes him look like he was photoshopped into every picture

Ok, I'm glad it isn't just me that sees that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

IRQ posted:

Ok, I'm glad it isn't just me that sees that.

It's really bizarre how consistent it is!

Even when he's directly touching something it looks fake

I guess Dan just looks like a fake person

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Vinny name-dropping Thrasher in one of the Beastcast ads this week reminded that I saw a dude the other day wearing a shirt that said Frasier in that flaming Thrasher font, and I kind of want that shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Track Jacket
Jun 17, 2003

ixnay posted:

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/1380638624123850764