Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's because we're good at Boxing and bad at MMA, other than the Bisking, who is the undisputed GOAT MW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The British homerism in the boxing thread is so outrageous it's unbelievable at times.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I do often feel like I'm living in crazy land when im at the pub at people genuinely think Amir is going to beat Álvarez because of his speed or something, the boxing thread is a reality check in to make sure im not insane.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

willie_dee posted:

I do often feel like I'm living in crazy land when im at the pub at people genuinely think Amir is going to beat Álvarez because of his speed or something, the boxing thread is a reality check in to make sure im not insane.

he was beating alvarez's rear end until the knock out i thought?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Skip My Posts posted:

he was beating alvarez's rear end until the knock out i thought?

I don't remember being worried for Alvarez at all, yes he looked fast and had good hands, but he hadn't hurt him at all, and then boom.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When you're as chinny as Amir Khan, you're never safe. Remember him getting dropped in a tune-up against Willie Limmond back when he was an up and comer. He needs to fight Kell Brook while there's interest.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Seltzer posted:

The British homerism in the boxing thread is so outrageous it's unbelievable at times.

theyre just supporting fighters representing their own country

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I.N.R.I posted:

theyre just supporting fighters representing their own country

Seriously. And I've never found it 'outrageous'.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
There's a difference between rooting for hometown fighters and ignoring reality.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Seltzer posted:

There's a difference between rooting for hometown fighters and ignoring reality.

Could you paraphrase an example? Don't actually search for a post or anything.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

Could you paraphrase an example? Don't actually search for a post or anything.

I have to say, its not in the thread to any level in comparison to it is in reality down the pub. I remember watching Hatton Vs Mayweather and being bemused people thought Hatton was a sure favorite.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

willie_dee posted:

I don't remember being worried for Alvarez at all, yes he looked fast and had good hands, but he hadn't hurt him at all, and then boom.
For a split second I was like 'wow amir sadollah is back in the UFC and hes fighting eddie jfc'

mewse
May 2, 2006

MacDougall posted:

His name is Maidana not Maldana.

Fatherdog would never have allowed this to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Irrational nationalism is a critical component of all combat sports.

• Locked thread