Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao

I've got a 5e 4th lvl Tiefling Warlock who is dope as gently caress. Mage tanks for life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
are games that aren't dnd cool

tao of lmao

Eldrich blasted some prisoner my group captured because he wasn't giving up any information. Team insisted on giving him a proper burial but I wanted to stake him to the wall outside the gate cause their spies are always watching...

tao of lmao

Ominous Jazz posted:

absolutely

tao of lmao

My guy is basically Ray Reddington from Blacklist only not as capable, but I'm getting there.

social vegan

he's long he's strong and he's about to get the friction on he's a cleric

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
I play in a superhero game and I'm playing a riff raff like super speedster named ASAP PLATINUM who is obsessed with social media and does vines of his superhero fights

Historical Wizards

I haven't played a tabletop rpg in about 5 years :(

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

tao of lmao

Ominous Jazz posted:

I play in a superhero game and I'm playing a riff raff like super speedster named ASAP PLATINUM who is obsessed with social media and does vines of his superhero fights

that's sick

City of Glompton

my favorite was my half orc paladin with a direwolf mount. she was raised by nuns and had a very outgoing, positive, somewhat sheltered personality that was a bit at odds with her amazing strength for chopping heads off bad guys.

she was ripped in half by hydra. very sad.

now I have an orc street samurai but I really haven't developed her because of snowstorms that keep cancelling our game sessions.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Historical Wizards

I really want to again, both as a player and as a gm. I've got a bunch of ideas bouncing around in my head but no idea how to run them or what system to use because I have pretty much no experience outside DnD 3.5

tao of lmao

one of my players rerolled a new character and had this whole acrobatic anime pose introduction thing where he wound up failing the very last check and fell flat on his face

tao of lmao

the failures are generally more fun than the successes imo

Historical Wizards

E: Its worth noting that the only reasoning he had was that the npc wasn't really a human, but rather something that took the form of a creature. At the reveal of the npc not being a human, this happened
"She's a monster, we need to killer her!" Said my friend's character to the rest of the party that consisted of a Gnoll, a Half-Dragon, and a man with villainous facial hair

Historical Wizards fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 20, 2017

Dads Dip Cup

Ragnar sat alone at a table in the tavern, a massive battle-axe far too large for any normal man to wield propped up by his side. a famous barbarian and giant among men, he stood at well over seven feet tall with long flowing hair and a beard as red as the setting autumn sun. as a child he was mild-mannered but his fate changed forever the day his favorite action figure was swallowed by a Gelatinous Cube.

"I will hunt that bastard until my final breath." he snarled as he slammed his spoon into his Jell-O pudding, hatred burning in his eyes. "and it shall suffer as I have"

Rushi

by Smythe
I am the shadowrunner decker d00mh0use

Plebian Parasite

One of my favorites was a 4e Kobold Rogue named Bluequill whose only contribution to team planning was "run away" and "Set some traps". Of course he ended up being the most valuable in combat because free 5 foot shift means I could always find a way to backstab and I had decided to take every single movement enhancing feat I could find, y'know, to run away better.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Half-Orc social justice barbarian.

City of Glompton

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Half-Orc social justice barbarian.

:mrgw::hf::mrgw:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.
I only got to play a couple of DnD games and they were bad experiences (mainly because of the DM). I had a level 5 kleptomaniac ratfolk warlock, mainly played chaotic neutral so i could at least have some choice in what i did as all evil alignments were banned by him.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i don't have a character because i am always always always stuck dming :(

Ben Carsons Ghost

i had a 3.5e necromancer and my friend was a cn orc barbarian or something, we got to a town, he killed some kid and cut off his arms and legs, his mother came out and I tried to convince her that we found him that way and that I had placed a spell on his leg so if she planted it in the ground like a tree he would regrow from it. the orc assisted my bluff check and since we both rolled 20s the dm said fine, she believes you. I also managed to travel for a couple months with a paladin which is not really supposed to happen beign that necromancers are necessarily evil and paladins arent allowed to travel with evvil creatures

later i convinced a whole town to pull up stakes and travel with me so i could use them as meat shields and also reanimate them for practice

wigglin

Hello, I am the DM and I am here to kill you all

wigglin

Hand over your spellbooks and magic weapons or I will introduce encumbrance rules

wigglin fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 20, 2017

Status_Surge

I need ya, Surge. This is a bad one, the worst yet. I need the old blade runner, I need your magic.

wigglin posted:

Hand over your spellbooks and magic weapons or I will introduce encumbrance rules

im gonna need you to make an intimidation check.

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ominous Jazz posted:

Cooler than d&d, which has a Nazi in the credits as a play tester and advisor.

On a chiller note I'm running a playtest of magical burst 5e online. Everyone is busy and or sad brains so it's slow going but it's gon be good.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
Is that a operation paperclip thing

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm not sure what that is. But Merls worked with RPG pundit and Zack S and I'll never forgive that turd butt head, also dnd is a bloated mess and is currently designed around nostalgia belly feels so I wouldn't be playing it anyway.

My favorite DND character I played was a necromancer was that butt mad at the god of death and wanted to destroy the concept of death. So she got upset at the body count the ostentatiously gooder party members were causing.

Bwee
come join the rpg on otherforum julio

tao of lmao

I like 5e :shobon:

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Yeah have fun with whatever is fun it's just a set of rules in the end. Who you play with shapes the experience way more. Sorry to come screaming in with my very important opinions.

With that necromancer I threw spiders on a person in a tunnel then used the giant vermin spell to make them twice as big as the space to cause a cave in. Thats my only funny RPG story that doesn't require a mountain of context. That's part of the reason that character was one of my favorites.
I wish I could get more games in these days but all my friends are Busy Adults now

tao of lmao

a lot of time I find issues w alignment and stuff can be easily prevented by having a "session 0"

I ran into a similar issue in my game where one of my players wanted to do evil things that I had to kinda say no to because I don't want to dm for evil characters. which isn't to say there's no wiggle room, but it's an issue I should have tackled from jump street.

next game I run won't be an issue

Man with Hat

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

I play a God who sometimes possesses hobgoblins, roll natural 20s and kill off PCs. It's a good time!

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

my 5e guy is a halfling rogue and he does lots of crimes

one time investigating a cult he found shipping manifests they'd been using to smuggle treasure and he used those plus the cult kobolds he convinced to work for him and made an empire selling :420: across faerun

Bluedeanie

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ominous Jazz posted:

:catdrugs:

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i like characters with traditionally 'evil' goals that they're pursuing for reasons that their characters truly believe in

we have a half-orc warlock who worships shub niggurauth and wants to free her from her dimensional prison at the center of the planet because he genuinely believes she'll usher in a new era of unity and peace

there's a rogue who is a member of the party but occasionally secretly running at odds to them - they wanted to help reopen a mine, but he was paid off by the mining company's rival (who he'd wronged pretty significantly in the past and thus owed a favor) to sabotage it, with the intention of using the money to start repaying people he's screwed over with his rogue-ing

the important thing is to give them real, solid reasons stuff like

Ben Carsons Ghost posted:

he killed some kid and cut off his arms and legs
doesn't fly in your world, and that while they can totally do it if they really want to they're going to have actual consequences to deal with, like being run out of town and not being able to stock up on supplies

Puppy Doll

Hey everybody!
i dont play pathfinder too often so to excuse my long absences from the party, i play a different version of the same character, a crab who is low on brains but filled with love for the world around them

crabs are a bespoke species and theyre each the size of a bull terrier. who is lawful and immediately sides with anyone who gives them orders. ive played crabs with bubble magic, crabs who are swashbuckling pirates, and crabs who basically just have stands from jojos bizarre adventure

theyre each named Crab and they have a newsletter called 'crab weekly'. this weeks horoscope for cancer: yay!

FactsAreUseless

Her name is Patrencima and we kiss at night, when the game is over.

tao of lmao

FactsAreUseless posted:

Her name is Patrencima and we kiss at night, when the game is over.

g-go on :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

I dipped a little into this conversion for the game I run. My players found themselves in control of an airship and I needed to come up with some rules so, enjoy some converted SpellJammer

https://www.reddit.com/r/DnDBehindTheScreen/comments/3ho9pj/spelljammer_conversion_to_5th_edition/

• Locked thread