Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I once had early on destroyers (when destroyers were all I could build) where all the weapons were point defense, not especially useful in actually doing damage to the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
What the hell am I supposed to do about an ascended fallen empire that wants to reclaim the galaxy, when they're flying around with multiple 100k + strength fleets? I had a fleet that big and I beat one of their fleets then they brought 3 more and kicked my rear end. I'm rebuilding but it's relatively slow and now I see a 173k power fleet jumping into my system and that's gonna kick my rear end.

Everyone is at war so nobody can engage in diplomacy, so there's just kinda nothing to do. I'm beginning to remember why I stopped playing this when it first came out, the endgame just peter's out into nothing.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I'm onto the repeatable techs so yeah I've got psi.

I turned down the aggressiveness of the AI when I made the game so the AI spends a lot of time time just chilling. The 190k doom fleet destroyed a couple of mining outposts then they gave me a white peace.

With all that my max fleet size is a 160k doomstack between energy and naval capacity. I did manage to join a federation and we vassaled an AI pretty quickly so maybe I've found a path to victory now.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
So what the hell am I supposed to do at the end of the game? Awakened Empire is big enough it can stomp my fleets and I can rebuild and just do it all over again and again and again, but even that takes a significant amount of time, even at Fastest speed. Going to war against them they're so powerful that it's almost impossible to get my warscore up to 100 to try and start peeling off their systems. To me this is just a boring unfun slog, is there some gameplay aspect I'm missing?

• Locked thread