Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCU_Grey_Area :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

good point, for a paradox game stellaris is very lacking in proper byzantine empire mechanics

*Fixed bug where AI would check to see if they could castrate every sentient being in galaxy

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Already the best update because before this I've never actually found enough events to continue any precursor quest line.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Is the icon for chemical bliss a blorg body pillow?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Just waiting for the megacorp civic option to get fixed so I can truly make the New Economic Block.

Screamers is a good film okay :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

It was posted a few pages back you have to be egalitarian to get the trait and it was an oversight.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Is there no way to press enter in the species biography to enter a new paragraph? Having it be one giant block of text is a little irksome.

e: Had to go into the user empire txt file to make sure it was formatted properly but now I'm happy with the result :3:

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 8, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I'm so bad at playing my fanatical purifiers :ohdear: No matter how much I feel like I'm ahead in tech or fleet power & size I'm always at a disadvantage to the AI I'm attacking. It'll say I'm superior in the diplomatic menu but when my fleet turns up they have twice the amount of ships and if mine gets destroyed it's pretty much game over because you can't rebuild in time unless you have thousands of minerals stored up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

In my first save after Utopia I managed to complete the cybrex chain and the final event didn't bug out. It gives you 25 engineering research and 5 living metal resource in the system.

Clanpot Shake posted:

Ok, so how do you actually know if this is the case? I get that the system is sort of a rock-paper-scissors thing but it's like you pick one of the three and then find out 3 hours later whether you can beat your neighbors. There's no adaptability to what goes into your fleets, short of late game micromanaging ship builds and keeping them separated into fleets by damage type.

Seems a lot like in CK2 where there's a bunch of different troop types but it really just comes down to who fields the biggest numbers.

Yeah I've been thinking about this too. Can you actually see the load out of other empires ships if you're not in a war?

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 14, 2017

• Locked thread