Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ofaloaf posted:

I was super tired yesterday but tried to mod the main menu screen and a city set anyways

Graphics mods, man. They're fun to do.

This fits the Failbetter writing so well maybe possibly

e: Lol nevermind they're already doing it http://www.failbettergames.com/sunless-skies/

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Stellaris: Absolutely No Pleasure Slaves

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Flopstick posted:

Is there some trick to getting fleets to bombard a Prethoryn infested primitive civ in your own territory? They jumped into part of my empire and got marmalised, but not before occupying a primitive civ I had within my borders, and now I can't dislodge the fuckers. Known bug, or am I being dumb? I have 150,000 points worth of fleets in orbit, doing nothing. The primitives are being purged by the Prethoryn, and ideally I'd like to save a nucleus of them before they're all gone.

I think as it stands you can only invade with your ground troops, but be warned it'll still count as invading primitives and everyone will hate you for it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

So I'm a hive mind, modified a species to have hive mind, then when I try to change their rights to resident or full citizenship it gives me the prompt and then marks them both unavailable. I'm on the beta patch which I read fixed that but maybe not?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm not using beta and it automatically makes them full citizens.

I had found old information when looking up how I do it and it turns out the beta patch that fixed it has already been released as a full patch :downs: I tested it and it works. ALL OTHERS CAN ALSO BE ME

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Niiiice I managed to do wormhole station dickery in unclaimed border stars over to what turned out to be the enigmatic fortress

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Bio ascension is pretty cool, all my dudes are now superdudes and it's also necessary if you want to be a borgy hivemind and bring everyone into you.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

More happiness more basically everything

Unless you're a hive mind in which case gently caress it who cares about those entire mechanics

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Knowing how to fight the Unbidden makes them kind of a non issue, they just showed​ and I chewed through 250k fleet power and their portal with just 70k

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah it's just kinda sad, the first time was so frantic and now just hammer em with bullets

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

They do have lots of repeatable +% to minerals/energy techs and some other things, plus all their special poo poo.

Or maybe there's some under the hood fuckery to them, who knows!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

Unbidden about to hit reality like the great devourer herself.

And then get shitstomped by the super economy that gives

It occurred to me that they're the one and only fleet action I have had in this entire game I'm playing so far. Just the entirely passive for over a century hive mind just suddenly going :catstare: NO and then buggering off back to their space to start making a ringworld

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yo when am I gonna get my Pratchett update full of strange things

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

King Doom posted:

Well, there's now one of those partially exploded planets you see around black holes where the fallen empires 25 tile gaia world used to be.

:stare: I see...

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

So have I gotten really good at tech or is survey corps just super ultra broken? I've re-started games 3 times now because my early game lead is just insane. By the time I've got cruisers every other empire is listed as inferior or pathetic in tech compared to me. I end up spamming habitats and have terraformed everything by the time other empires are building their first battleships.

It really is, I'm so far ahead of everyone.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think everyone was supposed to hate my hivemind based on that -30 malus but I'm somehow pretty popular because I held out until someone else started being a little warmonger :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Strudel Man posted:

While I agree that unique mechanics are better than simple percentage bonuses, I'm not sure a bounty for surveying does really change the way you play. Outside of maybe making you turn down trading star charts, which is probably a bad thing.

Yeah I'm saying no well into the late game and freaking out when someone offers them like Gollum

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Holy crap that habitat energy building :stare:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm kind of sad that I can't blow up this Dyson sphere since the game told me it's going to obliterate one of my people's favorite constellations :smith:

I mean I get why, if they could be blown up it would be a major point against ever making megastructures and also the ai would probably super prioritize them but... Still.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Just got a popup about how my science officer was awestruck by the ringworld of the AE, long after I already built one

Fuckin yokels

Also the AE is suddenly convinced that it's protecting the galaxy from a crisis even though the Unbidden were put down years ago and I've been successfully dealing with their arrogant crap up until now :confused:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

Yes, but their testing is clearly in need of improvement. I mean, go right click one of your hotkeys to try to delete it. The options come up as "Decline" or "No". That is some amateur poo poo, honestly. Somebody isn't writing decent test scripts, or ignoring QA, or nobody bothered to take ten seconds to fix it.

see also:

Maybe brutal war is how they say hello in their civilization! Don't judge!

e: that said this entire game has had every other civilization using my race name when referring to themselves

which is kinda weird

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Did I read my tech weights properly that hivemind can't have epigenetic triggers and so can never uplift presentients? :smith:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Once I angrily used the console to kill the people on the AI science vessels who were trying to steal MY FIND

They kept instantly replacing them for a while so I must have run them out of influence doing this

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I think I've only ever had Yuht and First League finish.

Both were after they added the mechanic that randomly spawns anomalies on your planets throughout the game until you can finish the quest.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah I started having AE luck by going cruiser heavy.

Also you can get them to split up their stuff instead of having like 500k in assorted fleets in one place by real quick grabbing a couple planets.

Sometimes this results in their whole fleet parking in one system sadly bombarding though but that's better since you can go steal even more planets :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I still love the story of the one goon who discovered an AI slowly depopulating surrounding planets by having migration treaties and then purging everyone who came to its gaia world

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Poil posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707297106 <- all the leviathan stuff spawns in every game

Niiiiiiice maybe I can finally meet that space dragon I keep hearing about!

e: I know he spawned once because I found the hoard planet but I think an AE killed him or something

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 26, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Well they think you're a bit weird is more like it. -30.

They'll really hate you when you eat pops :v: fortunately that actually all poofs like it never happened the second you finish assimilating whoever with generic engineering.

Its okay, we only ate a little bit of them!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Foolish AI picked a fight with me what turned out to be like a week before I built my first cruiser when they were still on corvettes

Now they are my vassal

e: Seriously though nerf PSC holy poo poo

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh hey it's​really easy to edit the tech file so that hive minds can uplift.

Good, I think it's silly that I can modify already sentient critters to join me but not presentients.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

Remember that you don't earn achievements when you have mods on. I have almost 300 hours on Stellaris but only 11 achievements.

Also sometimes it just says you are eligible but aren't anyway and it's confusing.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I mean you can use the gene techs to make perfect slaves maybe?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

The endgame crises are weird in that they're similar to the normal combat scenario where you are pretty much either killing them or being destroyed with no middle ground, but somehow moreso.

I just dicked around and let the Prethoryn screw around in a part of the map but they took so long to do anything that I eventually got bored of waiting for them to do things and instead just killed them all.

And after all that there are no more fallen or awakened empires and the crisis is over and I'm bored :smith:

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 7, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Decrepus posted:

Change Frontier Clinic to Trailer Park and allow more than 1 per planet.

But those would reduce habitability?

yes I know it's reproductive rate now not habitability

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

war in heaven and the black hole storyline are hosed. also 1.5 broke endgame crises so pretty much only one of the three ever fires, and even 1.6 only restores one of them.

these aren't things that are going to affect most people, but they're annoyances the kind of people who write reviews on the steam page for a DLC pack are going to be sensitive to.

Maybe I was really lucky but I have had Unbidden and Prethoryn so far!

I have never had the angry robits though. Ever.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

How exactly is the War in Heaven supposedly broken?

For a more serious response, it was always a pain in the rear end to resolve in any way. Out of the two times I have seen it​ resolve... Once I was neutral (completely, not even league of whatever) and it somehow resolved anyway. The second time I cottoned on to the AI never bothering to retake its own planets and to the fact that while it was very obsessed with taking mine, it never bothered to defend the planets so all I had to do to keep it in a loop was to have one lone transport come in after the enemy fleets and armies left the system and switch the flags out again.

Meanwhile my fleet was off clearing out resistance and then leaving a token battleship to maintain the blockade status since it was worth more than occupation.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Game is loving refusing to declare war on me and I really want to try out my cool murdercloud from the shroud but nooooo the AE that I'm trying really hard to tick off is just warring everyone else :mad:

And my stupid federation members won't let me declare, one of them keeps rapidly switching from yes to no on the predictor

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm on the beta patch, I think it's just that I have a bunch of good fleet power and the other major player in my federation is "equivalent" on fleet power so I'm an unattractive target. Plenty of war is happening all around me though! The one awakened empire killed one of the sleeping ones but neither of the remaining ones has awakened yet.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 15, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Splicer posted:

Downgrade all your ship tech until someone declares on you then quickly re-upgrade.

Not only did that not get no one to declare war on me, but it used a lot of minerals :v:

However I found someone my allies will let me beat up and while I was taking some vassals, that the Unbidden arrived and are pestering the heck out of the AE which is kinda neat.

(Fun fact, if the Unbidden and an AE are around apparently people you declared war on/facerolled/just "liberated" will all love you because the mutual threats bonus outweighs the warmongering jerk malus!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

:catstare: + :ohdear:

I think they really got mad at the Unbidden

• Locked thread