Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I use "the first of their kind". I had fun with it. I cracked up difficulty and aggression so that any space age primitives would have a remote chance to catch up. Only I forgot that the universe was goddamn huge and that a space age civ could transition pretty much at any time. I'm just glad they were xenophiles! It's a cool change of pace if you want to try something different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Ordering a glass of milk is going to be a risky game in Stellaris

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I really hope it's a massive orbital fortress. I really want to be able to build one that can stop a late game fleet longer than 2 seconds.

Demiurge4 posted:

I only drink sapient-free milk.

Only the finest Cambodian for me, sir.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hey Wiz, can we get a toggle for our rallied ships to spawn as evasive or passive?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kinetica posted:

I think we're more into the "dangling a hamburger just out of reach of a starving man" territory

More like dangling ice cream in front of a well fed fat american

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

In two separate games, the Unbidden spawned and got murdered by an AE within 10 years each time. Soo I've never actually had a proper end game experience yet. :(

Also learned that by around year 150 my computer just can't handle the game. I had to disable a bunch of stuff to get it to run. Kind of a huge pain in the rear end.

@Wiz, can you guys add more graphics and performance options in the menu for broke rear end dudes like myself?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

fondue posted:

How do you tell the difference between what you've surveyed and what you haven't?

On the galaxy screen, you'll see the resources and stuff but the dot won't be a bright color and the name is greyed out.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

So I just found out you can get Sentient AI before Droids. That makes no sense but I'm all for it. Bring on the AI Rebellion!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Anticheese posted:

Maybe the sentient AIs are bound to massive mainframes and haven't been miniaturised into a humanoid package yet?

Touche, sir.

Roobanguy posted:

you still need synthetics for the robot rebellion to kick off. sentient ai is just a stepping stone to them.

Dang, I was really hoping for an insanely early crisis to hit.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Libluini posted:

There are actually two files for displaying the portraits in that mod. Also, two guys out of 56 (as of now) have this problem. Why are the other 54 seeing the portraits?

I haven't looked but earlier a goon mentioned if some of those portraits are taking up spots from the plantoid DLC. That would cause it to be invisible if those two guys didn't have it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I will not rest until all cat-like species are not allowed to start from wet planets. They really hate water. :colbert:

Okay, actual serious suggestion: can we get a basketball league so I can prove that Earth is truly the greatest empire?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Honestly, there's no point in even caring about planetary defense because a) stations are worthless late game and b) you get all your points back when you reconquer it anyway.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Why, why WHY are there so few ways to gently caress with pre-spacefarers? The mod that was linked was a good start but drat, if the game isn't ripe for awful things to do with them.
The Pyramid event is honestly one of my favs just because it's there and isn't "oh by the way there's a meteor there"

next time I'm really tempted to just let it slam them

Sometimes I like to infiltrate pre-FTL species to get them to unload their nukes on each other just because I can.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Why would you pick Afterburners over railguns or destroyers :psyduck:

I mean the new stuff is great but come on, man

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I really like the new first contact dialogue options

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

GotLag posted:

Next in my series of retarded questions: I acquired a vassal in a two-planet, two-faction system. I then stomped and acquired the other planet, intending to give it to the vassal. Is this possible?

Yup! Send it in a trade. I sometimes do that for protectorates when I get new tiny ones later in the game.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

GunnerJ posted:

At least you're living up to your user name.

This does remind me of the fact that it's a little weird that you can just arbitrarily genetically modify any pops in your empire, but moving them from one planet to another is an authoritarian-only policy.

I always thought it'd be cool if individualists government couldn't force pops to get mods but make could make certain mods legal. The catch is that since it's an individualist empire, any available gene mod has to be open to all species, not just your favorite one.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I am boring and only play as different flavors of Humanity, so all of my "aliens" are just various homo-sapiens living out among the stars :/

Nothing wrong with playing the Star Trek mod

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

DLC is taking too long to drop :f5:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kitchner posted:

I honestly think this is shaping up to be not only the best Paradox DLC of all time, but the best DLC in any game of all time.

I honestly can't remember an expansion for any game with this many fixes and new gameplay options. All for supposedly 20* bucks? What a steal!

*saw that on Reddit, no idea if it's true

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I hope hiveminds don't spam migration treaties. No, Tyranids, I really don't think you'd be a good addition to my society...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

GunnerJ posted:

It's basically the eagle symbol of the government in Starship Troopers.

eta: Looks a whole lot like this.

eta2: haha poo poo, just realized the ST symbol is a combination of an eagle and a bomber.

This is like fedex arrow levels of eye opening

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

We actually got confirmation? I recall seeing someone speculate about it but not any Wiz based tweet or anything to back it up.

Edit: While I'm asking questions, do we know what day they're doing the dev diary on?

Always Thursday, usually at some weird European time. I work nights so I usually catch it when it drops.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

So I want to play a game absolutely jam packed with primitives but can't find a mod or way to mod their rate up. I remember someone was mentioning a mod that let you have 0 AI's and tons of primitives but I can't find it or remember it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796374922&searchtext=

It doesn't change the rate of primitives but it spawns a galaxy without FEs or other empires

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I want to see what the drawbacks are. It's gotta be something big. I hope it's being unable to participate in normal diplomacy, like the "bad" guys in Forever War.

Loving every single drop of news so far. :allears:

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 22, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

It's so you know who is about to get hosed

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Still want there to be a way where if you keep drawing a ton of army techs and few ship techs you can be more competitive than just having impregnable fortress worlds.

The secret is to never research army techs ever (none have value) and just spam low tier ships until you get upgrades

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Poil posted:

-100% happiness BEING GROUND INTO lovely COFFEE FOR BEING UNGRATEFUL JERKS

Nah, man. Use a slow, coarse grind so they get really chunky and throw them in a dyson sphere to heat up with water and you got yourself the best alien coffee you could ask for

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

It's because they are trying to make things feel different. If you make everything work with everything then why even have alternative options?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

If design leads are anything to go by, people get shifted around a lot between projects.

I don't work in the game industry but I suspect that is the case. Happens at my job all the time.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My advice to anyone considering federations: EMBRACE DARKNESS AND CONSUME ALL

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I just bought a new graphics card so hopefully I'll be able to actually finish a game!

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

So I've been playing on 1000 star galaxies because my computer can handle it (for the most part), but it occurs to me that the game is probably balanced around the medium setting. Is that true, and is the game improved somehow when you play with a small galaxy vs a larger one?

I think it's balanced towards larger sizes. At least it seems that way with how AE and Unbidden work.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I just bought a new graphics card so hopefully I'll be able to actually finish a game!

I tried a huge galaxy with 23 civs and 5 FEs. Game chugs with max everything in the late game but it doesn't freeze like before on mimimum (+ mods to reduce further) settings. I dropped it to medium and it's perfect :woop:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

SO I probably shouldn't play the mod if I haven't seen all the shows. I'm still on season 2 of TOS and have a lot of catching up to do and wouldn't want to spoil myself. How spoilery does this mod get if I'm trying to get through all the TV shows? I have the mod ready to rumble but haven't taken a crack at it yet.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Music player?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Are they also resized so you don't have to scroll in the first place? Or perhaps a button that shows "100 x-class corvettes" instead of 100 individual x-class corvette buttons???????????

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Dongattack posted:

I'm having a hardy time finding species to enslave that can take the climate on my planets. Can i eventually genetically manipulate my fringe world slaves to handle my core worlds climate?

Yeah, that's totally an option.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Baron Porkface posted:

Why does my federation fleet keep turning passive, running away and going to some allied planet?

Iirc it's a bug and the solution is to stop being a bitch and eat your own drat allies

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

If he doesn't slip in something about stairs I'm never buying any DLC ever again :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Wiz posted:

We're not going to tear out half the game to satisfy the wishes of one Something Awful poster, relax.

Your game is really good! HOWEVER there is a major problem. You still haven't added Trappist-1. :colbert:

e: Correction, I am dumb!

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/834763517194534913

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 23, 2017

• Locked thread