Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

PittTheElder posted:

If you're getting killed by a 3k fleet, the answer is build more ships. If you're at your fleet cap, the answer is build more spaceports. If you have no spaceports to build, or no minerals, the answer is expand faster.

At super early tech and industry levels like that, fleet design is pretty negligible, unless one side can afford to be building all destroyers or something.

Well, if one side is using missiles, that can account for poo poo performance. Never use missiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Do different species still grow separate from each other, making mid and late game xenophile empires completely busted in terms of population growth? The last time I played a xenophile Empire pre-patch I ended up with some 20 different races between conquest, uplifting and migration, which led to planets filling up faster than I could remove blockers. Granted, genemodding nomad onto everyone was probably overkill, but even without doing that, having multiple species growing at the same time is hilariously broken.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

ZypherIM posted:

Regular torpedoes are amazing against certain things, not terrible against someone really battleship heavy, but not the best general item.

Torpedoes have the issues of missiles, just worse. Slower travel time and slower RoF just make the problems with overkill and wasted damage that much worse. Even if the game had no PD, late game usage of missiles would still be completely worthless. The only advantage missiles have currently over other weapon types is range and in the late game that disappears.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
The queen has a man date.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

turn off the TV posted:

Tombworld terraforming.

Advanced physics course, part of the alternative uplift program.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

PoptartsNinja posted:

Uplifted into charged particles and radioactive ash?

They'll be airborne for quite some time, justifying the uplift terminology.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Bloodly posted:

Xenophobes, fine.

Authoritans, fine.

But Spiritualism has been responsible for as much charity and good as pain and suffering.

Spiritualism in Stellaris reeks of organized religion and anyone arguing that organized religion is a source of charity an good historically is confusing the actions of religious individuals and the organization pretty hard.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Would it really be? It's not like there was a difference between the groups - all of them gave you the same information and same bonus to research if you hired them. Same with the artists.

Now, if there's just one and they get blown up then I guess you're just SOL.

I imagine they still have multiple stations, so you aren't any more screwed post-patch than you'd be pre-patch.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

I am the proletariat now.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Shugojin posted:

Kind of nitpicky but:

Can we get some attention paid to some of the anomaly responses? I don't think my determined exterminators really think it's all that tragic for some random organic pilot to have died slowly

It is tragic.

He should have died fast, like all the other meatbags you come across.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Sauce yer quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

LordMune posted:

To pick up from some posts ago, a new thread is probably due.

Stellaris - 2.0 Serve Man

Stellaris - Consumer Electronics

• Locked thread