Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Hey Wiz, can y'all add some vertically oriented ship sets? I'd pay $5 for a few sets of ships that are set up like the Homeworld mothership (to give an example).

good suggestion but i'm wondering if they would be harder to see given that stellaris is largely top down or isometric perspective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
so i got my first ascenion perk and i was looking at the 10% research rate for my fanatic materialist space scientists who are exploiting the hell out of the "get research points for surveyed" systems perk but then i saw +5 core systems :stare:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I prefer the "gently caress blockers" option personally.

that one was real attractive but in my game i'm sitting on a huge pile of influence and there's a cluster of two big continental worlds + a gaia world about halfway between me and another continental species

it only takes me like 3 months to crush a block removal tech anyway

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
is it wise to allow my megasector to colonize? i'm playing as a devouring hive so food isn't a concern

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
its weird how terraforming costs a kajillion energy but i can swap out my climate trait for free

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dick Trauma posted:

I really enjoyed CKII even though I was never good at it. I see that all the Stellaris stuff is on sale so I'm tempted to grab it but it looks even more complicated than CKII.

it definitely is way less complicated than CK2

Dick Trauma posted:

Can a planet get possessed by demons or is that too CK2?

there is various crazy poo poo that can happen beyond space and time

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 25, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ephemeron posted:

If I've never played the game before, would it be a good or a bad idea to start out as a hive mind for my first couple of runs?

it's not necessarily a bad idea to start with a hive first but i wouldn't say it's a good idea either. hive minds have some behaviors that are exceptions to the rule, so imo you're better off learning the rule first. the 'optimal' strategy anyway is to wipe the galaxy clean of xenos instead of loving around with federations and vassals and the like so try a nice chill playthrough of like some technocrat pacificst cyborg lords before you get bored with that and go full zerg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I'm looking at getting Stellaris for the first time, is Utopia a good expansion that's worth spending money on?

imo you should just get base stellaris to see if you even like the game and if you do, definitely get utopia and probably leviathan too

the expansions so far make the base game better in every way but you may not like the base game

• Locked thread