Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Army mods?

I get the feeling I'm missing something here. I mostly just make 24 divisions of troops, I dump them all on a planet, wait until they win, and then embark everyone again. Repeat until the war is won, the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Truga posted:

I tried to play as a purifier in a new game I started last weekend, but diplomacy kept getting in the way and I sorta got bored. I'm super hyped for that thing lmao.

I look forward to creating the Krikkit and purging the entire universe.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Lifeglug posted:

I thought the purpose of them was to stake a claim to an area but as you grow your empire and colonise planets, you decomission them as their expanded border isn't needed.

I wish I could see what my borders will become when I get rid of a station. As it is now I keep them way too long, just to be sure I don't lose any important systems.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Rent a hotel room.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Demiurge4 posted:

This is why Mojang stepped in and said 'No you idiots you don't get to monetize our game'

You can though. See: https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

Basically, you can ask money for access to a server, or sell purely cosmetic addons, but you can't sell gameplay items or in-game currency, like diamonds or magic books or whatever.

They had problems with servers restricting access to diamonds and asking money for them, so they'd get phonecalls from irate parents whose kids had bought a billion diamonds on some lovely server. And as far as I know they do enforce it.

I guess you can interpret it as asking money for server access - that happens to have MC on it - and not asking money for Minecraft itself.

MC videos are another exception.

uXs fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 3, 2017

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

genericnick posted:

That is probably not the right thread to ask this in but how does Steam handle purchases while abroad? I don't really feel like waiting two months for this DLC.

You pay and you get the stuff? Maybe you credit card company would throw up a red flag if you suddenly bought a billion things at once but I don't think Steam would care.

StarMinstrel posted:

Check what currency it's showing you. If it's yours then you are in the proper region shop. It should be that way I believe unless you changed any credit card address info. Anyway it is how it has been for me when I travel.

Oh, regional shops. Hadn't thought about that.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I've always been pretty firmly in the "FTL tech should stay the way it is" camp, but watching the stream for a bit and seeing them talk about what fun things they could do with hyperlane-only starts and discoverable wormhole tech and poo poo is making me change my mind.

I'm now in the "these guys have good ideas and they should do what they think is best" camp.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Is there a fleet designer yet? I'm reading this thread all the time but it's been a while since I played.

A fleet designer, coupled with an empire-wide construction queue, and some kind of automation to replace lost ships would be amazing.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
"The road not taken". You find a civ that never invented FTL but is advanced to absurdity in everything else, and by discovering them you've given them the keys to conquer the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Demiurge4 posted:

I watched Arumba stream Stellaris earlier and it was goddamn hilarious. He hasn't read any patch notes or dev blogs and blithely assumes things about the mechanics that aren't true, then gets super pissy when things don't work for him.

It was honestly pretty unprofessional for a streamer his size and if i was Wiz I'd have doubts sending him another review copy.

This is pretty much how Arumba is all the time though, and why I find him insufferable to watch.

• Locked thread