Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Would quite enjoy playing the Mafia if there's space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

TMMadman posted:

We'll you can't say we aren't rolling now.

I'd say everyone went right off on...

https://youtu.be/2_zAxPqKa8Y

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Sorry, no lurking strat or intentions. Game opened during a long weekend off here due to Lunar New Year and the times I had to catch up, the forums kept going down.

Should be good to roll now.

Inf is experienced enough for him to know better about lovely lurking cases.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

really? lurkers are pretty often scum from my experience.

Honestly, I haven’t played in a long rear end time but unless the meta is completely different, lurking never indicates one alignment or another, particularly in a role heavy game like this.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I'm not pushing a lurker case tho.

Just saying those players in particular are bad and need to up their game.

My money is elsewhere for the moment.

Fair, I'll admit I've done a lovely job being in the game until now.

However,

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I haven't read past page 7 and I'm not planning to tonight god bless

##vote no lynch

This seems like aggressive levels of avoiding involvement ina anything

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Infinitum posted:

PUSHING for a lurker lynch on the other hand should be scrutised under the context in which it was made, because the timing of which is more often than not quite scummy

Which raises the question on your Frisk vote because you seem to be inconsistent on your feelings towards the dangers of lurkers.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

guys, stop making me agree with infinitum.

there's a player that barely posts and just went "im not gonna read, vote no lynch" and youre calling the person who calls them out for that scum?

The no lynch this early on is bizarre in and of itself because it gives us less information to operate on.

I think the only thing holding me back mentally is how brazen it was.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Look at the votes starting on me now after he lied about my action.

You're right, something doesn't ring right here and it certainly isn't Frisk's super strong case against you.

##vote Jonathan Frisk

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Hi, I didn't case nor vote infinitum

In fact I didn't advocate it at all other than say he's made two scummy posts

If you want to say I didn't play mafia on a weekend guilty as charged but the other leaps are really weird and don't seem logical

I read passive agressive points at someones motivation as cases I guess!

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Like, for example, lurking doesn't mean scum for Fisk. He does it as any alignment.

Obviously you know meta better than me, but lurking with a combination no lynch vote is weird right? I mean if you were determined to zone out, you'd just probably not vote.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Like I haven't seen such an obvious "Makes you think" style push in a long rear end time

It's okay he isn't making a case

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

uhhhh what is the point of this post?

"Inf look how BAD YOU ARE BEING, IT'S SUSPICIOUS
but don't worry guys inf is town"

There's been a couple of moments where people are throwing suspicion towards Inf while claiming that they aren't really accusing him of anything, trying to nudge momentum Inf's way without being culpable. Right now I'm trying to work out if that's more suspect than the people who drove by voted for Inf at the time without any real justification. DB is the second time it has happened and it stands out.

I obviously don't have the meta game reads that have been discussed so I'm going to probably remove myself from those conversations.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I don't know if I'm missing anything but I followed Inf's logic on Fisk (although some of my concerns seem to be divergent from meta history according to King Burgandy) and really don't see the arguments against him.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Flying Leatherman posted:

to clarify, you're saying you don't see the arguments against Inf? or Taste? Just want to make sure I'm parsing this right.

I saw the argument against Fisk more than Inf.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

very rarely is there smoking gun hard evidence like a cop claim etc. bad posting is in itself the evidence we need to make hay out of

What do you view as bad about the posting in general that implies scum alignment? I see overly aggressive but there's been a ton of mafia players like that but I can't match that up with any kind of scum tell.

Also there's the claim now too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

target yourself

Reading this, I believe he used it on Keane for today

• Locked thread