Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
FINE! gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey nerds

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:toot: ##vote keane

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

christ why did I do this

confirmed, but also SOMBER! Tell me, has our rivalry cooled? Or do the flames of oft-mistaken certainty in my alignment still burn bright within your heart! Let us dance again, and save the Katamari Kingdom, by making you the first item in my Katamari of Vengeance

or some poo poo idk ##vote Somberbrero

have we played together?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

Voting for the confirmed dayvig is stupid and you are stupid for doing it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
KUBO AND WE COULDN'T AFFORD MORE THAN FOUR MINUTES OF RALPH FIENNES BECAUSE WE SPENT EIGHT TRILLION ON THAT SKELTON

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
wrong thread but i stand by it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
naw i can get behind exakt here. the unvote was motivated by perception rather than thought.

##vote omg

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Oh we're just going to END jokephase? Is that what we're gonna do?

Fuckin fine.

Lets real talk.

Talking about stuff that is real.

Current top Scumspect is Quid, as he's trying to justify the flimsiest of flimsy cases when the game has barely even started.

##vote Quid

it's early day one and quid is scumhunting, you dingus.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Alternatively we had like 72 goddamn hours in D1 and he immediately started 'scumhunting', instead of just enjoying jokephase and posting some rolling related videos.

i presume there is a point somewhere in here, i hope it's doing okay.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i think inf is wrong as a rule but i see this as an honest engagement

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

EXAKT Science posted:

I think that we have higher priorities for today than the dayvig. Scum dayvigs are rare to begin with, and I'm following his reasoning from a town place

your phrasing here weirds me out, like you're saving that dunk for a rainy day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

Can we stop talking about a he said/she said regarding Diqnol's intent and Inf's not believing him because we've all taken sides on that.

I'd really like to discuss how Dick has fabricated a case on me based on basically clicking votefinder rather than reading me.

there's a lot of white noise at present, could you do me a favor and summarize this exchange?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidthulhu posted:

I forgot to quote you, the above was for you bb~

hmm. i see the argument you're making and i don't want to dismiss your effort, but at present i think i'm seeing more awkward than dishonest behavior. i still feel worse about omg.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

so I'm catching up after a long day and as I read the thread:

somber he had a valid point and even if you disagree with it to completely disregard it is disingenuous

explain it then

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm all riled up on moon juice and ready to shout.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

it is traditional in mafia games to have a nice little joke-around period and Quid really dived for ending that early

I am not saying that Quid is inherently scummy or that Inf is inherently towny but it's valid as far as D1 points are valid IMO

oh it is traditional, i see!

why is ignoring the joke phase a scummy behavior?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

did I not just say that quid isn't inherently scummy

also this is true I forgot that quid is a no-fun bummer

so inf has a point but also it's means nothing?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

People with less than 10 posts that we should happily roll into a dumpster then light on fire
  • CCKeane
  • Jonathan Fisk
  • Flying Leatherman
  • Hal Incandenza
  • Raeg

this is really fake and bad

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Infinitum

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this headache feels like it's actually going to kill me and my hard drive broke, so i'm probably not going to be here for deadline.

i'm comfy with my infinitum vote. that lurker callout was really bad. i would back a murmur vote if i needed to.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dick Bastardly posted:

What could a death resulting in a no-flip mean? I'm not familiar with any roles that would result in this.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm going to bed, points to consider:

1. If scum killed DIPJ, why? What's the angle on murdering a claimed town mason?
2. Does the mystery surrounding EXAKT's disappearance jive with anyone's knowledge of possible role outcomes for this particular game?
3. What's Gulag's "divine mission" and why does it involve lynching mmt?
4. are any of these questions even worth reading?
5. what should I have for breakfast tomorrow?

Let's turn up the heat on the scums guys!

man really dog

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
fire

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

What's your read on me now and why?

honestly I have not really been following but this seems fakey.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

If you admit that you're not following the game, then what do you find fakey about me calling it out / trying to engage with you?

that's exactly it, if i'm not much a presence so why are you going out of your way to start a dialog? it's like tmm said about you going after easy targets, what's your goal here?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
gently caress man, there's just so much to read

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Please not OMG just hanging out in the user list not engaging

:10bux: says he comes in here with a Doc or Cop claim and is just ticking down the minutes.

this is really unpleasant

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I got caught up in work, is tonight deadline?

yeah. i thought i had more time too.

##vote omg not much point in loving around this close to deadline.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
mmt how was that not engaging an alignment discussion? you asked what i thought of you and i gave you an answer. don't get it twisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

I think I did already?

After reading a lot more players scumlist right now would be:

TMM - his casework has amounted to "MMT can't possibly believe what she's saying" and "KB is relying on meta reads". His only post D2 is an explanation for why he can't properly case (can't post in-theme, can't exceed 10 content posts) which doesn't make sense to me given that he was at 0 when he said that. Also conceptually, if he's saying he has to go against the theme that everyone else is going with, it sounds to me like he's not aligned with the majority of the game (if that makes sense).

I'm going to split this post up into multiple posts but spoiler alert: Hal and Somber are high on my suspect list for pretty much the same things (giving the impression of content without really making any hard calls D1 > not posting at all D2)

My gut says CPig is scum but admittedly it's hard to differentiate his play this game from other games.

i went back to reread mmt and better define my position, but this post really stood out. that last sentence could be bussin' but i don't especially see that as likely here. i think i was wrong.

• Locked thread