Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, are the "game" bonuses permanent/persistent? The ones you spend the green bills on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is there any way to go above 10% for the bank?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

eeenmachine posted:

More visual stuff would be good. Also I've made it so that mission progress can never go backwards meaning once you hit the required number it will stay completed.

But it only increases when there are X number of the same building on the map at one time, right? Like if I end up having 4 Starbits buildings being built, all at different times, no overlap, it'll still only show 1 until there are 2 actually there simultaneously, correct?

I think a good work-around for this (unless you really want to keep a purpose for the 'Historical' option) would be to have a greater number in the mission ('Build 10 Starbits locations') and then have that get worked towards whenever one is built, regardless of how many are in the city at one time. It'd be exactly like 'build 2,000 buildings', except for a certain type.

I don't know, it sounds good to me, but maybe I'm the only one :ohdear:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

eeenmachine posted:

I just mean that if you need 2 baseball fields and miss marking the second as historical before it disappears you won't be screwed.

Oh, I thought this was how it was anyway? I was doing a 'Have 2 <whatever>' mission, and had marked one historical, and then some time when I wasn't paying attention, the mission was completed, and I took my reward and moved on.

Was it usuallyt reverting to incomplete when the second building gets changed?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Any plans on being able to add friends to your game somehow, and there being any sort of interactivity between them? I just mean something basic like what TT has.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

monkeytennis posted:

I don't know what kind of tile they go on.

Blue, as it's a commercial property. Aside from some service tiles, most of the time, the building makes sense for the tile it's on.

Anywhere people can live = Residential.
Privately-owned businesses for profit = Commercial.
Government-run and maintained stuff that people need for daily life (aside from food) = Services.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Slight irk in control (not necessarily a bug, take it how you will):

Scrolling up and down the city purchases list is fine, unless you're scrolling where the buttons are, because they register a hit the moment you touch them and not on when you remove your finger/thumb.

These things aren't that big of a deal to have purchased accidentally, but it's still an unexpected behaviour (or rather, the normal expected behaviour doesn't happen here).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

delfin posted:

a light rail system

Holy poo poo, if this game added in some sort of mass transit system that you could design, it'd be my favourite thing ever. Probably outside the scope of this game, but I can dream.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I gotta say, prestiging after spending a lot of time on a city kind of kills my motivation for starting over. This time, though, I think I'm going to aim for city 8, rather than stopping at 5 or 6 (whatever one is after the first city with a dock).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

What, you don't want to watch the magic piano puzzle ad 50,000 times?

The cat woman puzzle is my favourite, if only for that one panning shot where her cat looks like it's seen some poo poo. :stare:

Anyway, minor feature request/QoL upgrade: could we get to see how many things we've built towards a 'build ## whatevers' missions? Right now, I'm doing the "Build 1,000 buildings" mission, and while I appreciate the green status bar, I'd love a "230/1000" below it to show me exactly how many I have left to go.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LeFishy posted:

To assist with this can we get some kind of citipedia that stores each discovered building and its type? If that doesn't already exist of course.

I'd love this, especially if there was flavour text added :allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

monkeytennis posted:

Build 10,000 buildings are you actually serious :stare:

Yeah, that sparked my feature request in this thread for showing the progress so far in actual numbers. I mistakenly said I was working towards 1,000 buildings, and then did a double take a few minutes after I posted. Goddamn.

Also, only 150 bit bucks?

:negative:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 25, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Snorkzilla posted:

I started this quest at the same time I started city 6. I'm now at 20% done with city 7 and still just over halfway on the 10,000 quest. Might be my playstyle though.

My quest actually got cancelled with the update, so :toot:

Hey devs, are there a finite number of these quests? Or do they just keep going? I wanna know if I have any shot in hell of ever earning enough bux through gameplay to raise the bank saving rate :ohdear:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Psion posted:

e: giving me a city quest to have 3 hospitals on a city which doesn't even have 3 large tiles available is rude above and beyond me not liking those quests

The quests aren't tied to cities, though. I think once you're on the map with the airport and dock, you should be all set to handle most if not all requests. The city after that, for sure.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

porktree posted:

Yes, I just read 'Keys can be spent' and clicked to spend some keys. I am very good at not reading, it is my forte.

Oh, hey, I've been recently saving up my bux so I was looking up what I could get for a ton of them, turned my screen off.... went back to it a few minutes later, and was still on the bux screen. I saw something that was green, as in purchase-able, and immediately clicked on it.... thus spending around 360 bux on getting a higher chance of big vehicle rewards. :smith:

I mean, it's nice and all, but I was aiming for one of those rewards that cost 1,000+ bux. Ah well.. here's hoping I don't run out of missions any time soon. Is there a way to just 100% reset your game progress? Ha, so many of you are reporting that your games got wiped, and I actually want to restart mine.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Maybe have a certain percentage of your current money be brought over to your next city?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

pixaal posted:

What about if spending keys also increased starting cash making it not feel like a huge slot when you start over. You have 200% increased income but your starting point is low and that first map is boring and sucks to do over and over. If I could get enough keys to instantly buy all 4 plots I'd feel like I'm progressing.

Yeah, I'd totally love this!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, just a quick note of appreciation: I LOVE how the double-speed timer only counts down while I'm actively playing. If that was changed to count down even while I'm outside of the game, that would be terrible. Please don't change it.

Activating it, leaving the game and coming back in ~3 hours and still having around 10 minutes of double-time is really, really great.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

What, in general, is everyone's favourite thing to buy with bux, outside of the quick fast-track things in the time menu?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

eeenmachine posted:

I'm not sure that would scale as people will be going through quite a number of cities. Also unless it was obvious and visual I bet many wouldn't notice.

This is actually reminding me of when we added prestiging to Tiny Tower and ended up saving copies of your tower to the server for you to view later if you wanted (non-interactive). Do you think people would like that?

Well, see... no matter how many times I finish, say, City 2 (don't know the name, haven't prestige'd since the naming update), I doubt I'd recognize it again.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Man, I know this is a big ask, but if we could place down roads, and determine where the zoning would go... :toot:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

porktree posted:

What's up with 'Instant Build' - in the last iteration, I could insta-build some buildings until I got the right one for a dollar. Now the costs are insane. Leaving me to ask how long it's going to take to build my trailer park slum in River Ridge.

They updated the cost to sort of reflect the building's level. I think perhaps it might be too expensive now.

What about "Level of Building / 10", and then rounded down. Level 29 building would cost 2 bux, but level 30 (to 39) would be 3, 40-49 would be 4, and so forth?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Perhaps some way to multiply earnings at the beginning of each new city?

Yeah, if a finished city added more and more to the earnings every time you go through it, maybe like a multiplyer, that'd be awesome.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

IllegallySober posted:

I'll re-start from scratch then on that build and give you some feedback about the early game compared to the first build :)

Speaking of which, is there any way to true restart from scratch? Remove all key inventory and purchases, reset missions?

Feature idea: game scans for save data from Tiny Tower/Vegas, and allows you to place one, some, or all of those in your city.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 3, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gotta admit, this song (But sung as "Bit City, now now!") goes through my head every time I load up the game.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=7Tju1MIKn8E

Not a bad thing :colbert:

Edit: one suggestion, the cost/reward for the saving rate increase is a bit much. For that price in bux, I'd feel like it should go up more than just 1%. Maybe 5?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 5, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Super small suggestion, maybe it's easy to change, maybe it's not: I feel like the value of the various land vehicles should be reflected in what vehicles they are. I'm two away from having them all unlocked in city 5 or 6, and the last two are a school bus and a minivan. Not that it really changes much, but wouldn't it make more sense for those to be a limo and maybe a hummer? Or perhaps some sort of super top of the line sports car? Just a thought.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Psion posted:

Someone posted about how expensive the bank upgrades were so I looked and it was like 1300 bux for 1% or something?

noooooooope

Perhaps every few bank coin upgrades could add a percent as well as time? Really get you to invest in that thing. The buy-with-bux ones would raise the floor from always starting at 10% per city to always starting at whatever higher number percent per city.

Yeah, that was me. If, for the same current cost of however many bux it is (something over 1k, I know), it raised it by 10%, then we're talking... but as it stands, that's just WAY too expensive to even consider.

The one that adds an extra 5 minutes of double time was a good price, though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'm curious as to why the progress bar for "X number of <building>" doesn't go back down when those buildings aren't there anymore?

I didn't realize that I didn't in fact have any more than one tiny tower currently built, because the mission progress bar was showing that I had a few. They all stikl have to be built at the same time, so it makes little sense for the progress bar not to show the current number of whatever it's waiting on.

Am I alone in thinking that?

Also, man, I wish there was another way to increase bank saving percentage other than spending a ton of bux on a 1% increase. I'd happily spend like 500 bux for maybe a 2% bump, but the current cost vs benefit seems steep.

Edit: for what it's worth, I'm totally fine with dropping $3.89 Canadian or whatever on my bux piggy bank, now that it's up to something ludicrous like 20k, but I'm holding off until the app releases officially.

Edit 2: :toot: Thanks for the Market Gains fix, and the doubled mission rewards are awesome!

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 14, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Maybe every time you finish the game/city 8, you get that level of city ordinances (whatever the things are that you buy with money through city hall) for free? So, beat the game 3 times, get the first 3 cities' worth of those upgrades for free.

I still don't know what could be added after that, though. Man, I wish there was a social aspect to this, that'd be cool.

Edit: I would drop serious cash (and way more time) if there was a building and/or vehicle designer. :swoon:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 14, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Edit: nm, I'm mistaken. Yes, a clock would actually be pretty nice.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rastor posted:

I had some complaints about the quests:

2. The wording about "build 50 buildings" seems wrong because what it really means is something like "Use a 'build' or 'quick build' button 50 times".
3. I got a quest to have 4 StarBits cafes in my city and I had one, so it showed 1/4. Then I moved to the next city but it still showed 1/4. This seems weird to me? Is the quest to "build 4 StarBits cafes" or is it to "have 4 StarBits cafes in your city" as it currently says? If it's the latter, this seems like I found a bug.

I'm not one of the devs, but I can help with some things here:

2. The wording isn't incorrect, what counts towards your building count is a) placing a building for the first time, and b) having that building upgrade/level up, as it gets torn down and rebuilt either into something else, or the same thing if you've marked it as historical (in which case, think of it as renovating, to tie it to some sort of realism). Eventually, you get a city hall perk that's autobuild. There'll be a small line on the top of the Build button that will automatically hit the button for you if it fills completely to green and there's something to be built when it does. You are correct in that, every time you hit the Build button, your counter for those specific quests goes up one, but there's slightly more to it than that which still works with the wording of the quest.

3. In my (and others') previous posts, this has been mentioned. How it works now is that when you're working towards X number of Y buildings, whenever you hit a new 'record' of those buildings on your map at the same time, yes, the bar/counter reaches that number and stays there, even if all of those buildings are changed to something else, or when you start over in a new city with nothing. As far as I can tell, this is intended behaviour, as I seem to remember one of the devs saying that they specifically changed it to be like that. I have to be honest, I'm not sure why. In fact, I have a small FEATURE/QoL REQUEST: Have an option (on the quest dialog window) to mark all applicable buildings historical OR to auto-mark them as historical until the quest is completed. Sure, it might be fun for some of us to play Where's Waldo's Workplace, but overall, I think it's more annoying than anything else to have to find every instance of whatever building we're trying to get 6 of. This is especially troubling when you've got auto-build going (maybe have an option to toggle auto-build?), so you need to find those ASAP before they're upgraded and gone for now. This would be less of a problem if the quest counter accurately reflected how many of the required building you currently have, not 'the highest number you've had, historically, while the quest was active'. At least that way, if it says I have 3, two are marked historical, I know I'm looking for just one. And if after a few minutes, it changes to then say that I've only got 2 so far, then I can safely stop looking for the third.

As for prestiging, I don't think it's a Nimblebit thing, more of an Egg Inc thing, which I haven't played. Most people in this thread have played it, however, so they'd probably have more info on that whole system. But prestiging is a 'now vs later' sort of thing, where yes, you have to decide 'Am I going to keep on trucking with my current bonus rate, or do I start over, but faster this time?'. I like it, think it's great, really kind of adds a good incentive to go through old levels/cities again, especially since the start up for those is notably faster with the added % bonus.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 21, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Rastor posted:

Yes, an option to pause auto build would be great, because it also interferes with trying to line up pretty screenshots when you've got construction sites popping up all over.

If that's the case, the "pause autobuild" should of course allow current builds to be finished, so if you wait a bit you won't see any construction.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OR

Hear me out....

OR... the whole system could be inverted, where all buildings stay what they are when they're first placed, with an option to have them switch every time they're upgraded.

Eh? Ehhhhhhhh?

I don't know, that might suck. Who knows? :shobon:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Next time I prestige I'll see if this happens again, but last time I did it, I feel like the prices for plots were kind of all screwed up. Like, in general, are the large plots not equal to roughly 4x the small ones? I seem to remember a small plot being, at one point, something like 800k, and the large one was 35M. Has anyone else experienced this?

They seem to be ok now, but at first, there was a definite scaling issue.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BobTheJanitor posted:

Egg Inc feels a little better since you can leave it off for hours and pop back in and actually have enough saved to do a few upgrades. Bit City, with the game off overnight, may get you about as much as you'd get by leaving it open for 5 minutes. (And then asks you if you want to watch an ad to double that paltry amount) Also drone chasing only requires you to tap the occasional thing, whereas there are always more cars, boats, and planes to tap. Egg also drops free or ad supported piles of cash or golden eggs on you periodically, sometimes huge ones that let you make a nice leap ahead. I agree that they're comparable, but I feel like there's always a clear winner in that comparison.

Yeah, I was all over Bit City, but then I played Egg Inc about a month ago, and I'm STILL addicted. :negative:

It's just a better version of the same thing, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I feel like you guys should be aware of this bug.

Fun facts:
Randomly appeared when I started level 8.
It does not fly off the screen but is just going in a loop around one area.
It counts as both a plane and a boat.
I can tap on it as much as I want and as quickly as I want and it won't go away.
Currently gives me 46.28 billion each tap with all upgrades in town hall. For every ~15 taps it will randomly give me 462.8 billion. For every ~20 taps it will give me 10bux or randomly 100bux (I assume these are big bonus)
Not sure if it's going to despawn if I switch apps or close it.

Goddamn :stare:

• Locked thread