Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

Oh great, Orky-Mc-Ork-face had not taken the chance to get to a better position and was now surrounded by the drat things! Ugh! This sucked! This was not what she was supposed to do!

She was going to shred that bow right in Newdumbs face.

With a sudden burst of energy, Mimi leaps out of her traps and sprints at the bears. She was going to open a door for Oghrun. Animals hated fire. It was a well known fact. Nothing liked being on fire. And Newbee wasn't the only one capable of breathing it.

- - -
Spending a Fate point to go back for Oghrun

ArashiOfOrdo3 posted:

11:49 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Mimi is going to Cleverly Create an advantage, by breathing fire on a few bears to make them panic and scatter.
11:49 PM !r 4df+2
11:49 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, /--++2 = 1

Yamifenrir posted:

11:50 PM the bears actually have a weakness
11:50 PM against fire
11:51 PM so the defense roll will be at a penalty
11:51 PM !r 4df-2
11:51 PM K<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, +/---2 = -3

Creating Aspect: Bears that are on fire, and do not like it (Two free invokes)
- - -

Mimi didn't understand what was so 'amazing' about dragon fire. Anyone could do it. Fire wasn't special you just covered something in it and then they freaked out. Just look at those bears. They did not like it. Already their formation was breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Fate Points: 3/3

Insolent whelp. Idiotic little runt of a newt. All of these were things that Zanzibar might have said if he were not the person he was. Instead, he resolved to merely stiffen his imaginary upper lip as he watched his plan slowly disintegrate into ruin, any loud objections or shouts of frustration safely locked within the confines of his skull, never to be aired for others to hear. Indeed, the only outwardly apparent sign of his disappointment was a weighty, weary sort of sigh. The sigh of the sort of person, who did not want to deal with this sort of thing, but nevertheless accepted it as their responsibility to do so.

He glanced towards Newbee, standing on a rock. And he had to admit, that for all her bravado, this was her element, the area of combat where she most excelled. She would do fine on her own. Indeed, she might even do exceptionally well, and Zanzibar steeled his mind for the inevitable onslaught of smug boasting that would most certainly follow her victory.

For now, however, his larger concern was Oghrul. He was not built as defensively as the dragon, and was the one more needing of assistance. And so, with a flourish of his cape, Zanzibar strode towards the veritable mass of bear that surrounded the orc. The Mimic had managed to make them lay off the worst of their assault with a judicious application of fire (a good choice of damage type, Zanzibar thought approvingly), but they were tightly packed still, and he could not really use most of his refined tactics against such a formation where he had no real room to maneuver around his enemy. But these were simple beasts, mere mobs. Simple moves, repeated quick lunges and back-steps to avoid counter attacks ought to be sufficient to thin and scatter their number.

And so, Zanzibar lunged.

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar lunges at the bears around Ogrhul, harrying their flanks (It's a Quick Attack!)
Theantero: !r 4dF+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, +-//+2 = 2

quote:

Yamifenrir: The Bears defend against being poked in the behind
Yamifenrir: !r 4dF
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +-/- = -1

quote:

Yamifenrir: Hmm, actually, THE WALL OF BEAR MUST HOLD STRONG
Yamifenrir: (aka I'm using the boost to upgrade that roll to a +1)

So that's a total of 1 damage Bear group #2 will take, and somehow have to allocate.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Fate Points: 3/3 | Free Invokes: Boosts - "Battle Rush"

Oghrul stared in complete disbelief as Newbee took off into the forest by herself, and then in exasperation as she returned with bears aplenty in her wake. Not only had she utterly ignored the plan, she caught the attention of… 18, 19, the entire 20 bears! With little time to react before the swarm fell upon them, Oghrul began to shout to Mimi,

“Get behind- Oh.”

Well, he thought, at least the mimic’s survival instincts were active. The orc raised his hammer overhead as one of the bears charged for him, preparing himself to strike. As he reared back, however, he realized another was beginning to approach from his side. Swearing underneath his breath that the dragon whelp needed a stern lecturing once they were through here, Oghrul lowered his weapon and dove out of the way.

---

quote:

<TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Forcefully Attacking by smacking the closest burrs with his warhammer!
<TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+3
<Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, --+-+3 = 1

quote:

<Yamifenrir> If a bear falls over in a forest of bears, does it make a sound?
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, --/+ = -1
<Yamifenrir> In this case, TheFiremagi, I am going to use a Fate Point to up the defense roll by +2 to make you tie on the roll
---

Just in time, as it turned out, for a sudden burst of flames came from behind the orc. Momentarily surprised, Oghrul gave a curt nod of thanks to the fire-breathing mimic before diving back into the fray alongside the Baron. Watching as the bears scattered out of fear and panic, the orc felt a small grin spread across his face. He had to admit, there was a certain thrill that even the finest books couldn’t bring about…

Tie Boost: Battle Rush

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid

Fate points: 3/3 Free invokes: Boost - "Oakenhammer, the bane of bears"

Blackbone watched the swarm... do bears swarm? Or are they more pack animals? No that's like them cows and things. Or is that a herd? He tilted his skull as he considered this. What was the appropriate name for a group of bears. The ork would know, he was smart, he'd read at least a book. He turned to Oghrul.

"Hey Oghrul..."

And promptly realised that he'd been pondering this for so long the fight had already begun. Oghrul was surrounded, bears were on fire, and the Baron had rushed to Oghrul's defence. Leaving Newbee to face her bears alone whilst the others tried to outnumber the bears that were on fire? Maybe this was one of those battle tactics he'd heard about. Must be the baron's plan then. What was he supposed to do again?

Oh yeah! Trees that's right. He'd been entrusted tree duty. That was probably it. He'd have to go tell Zanzibar later he wasn't one of them woodsen though, to avoid any confusion. He looked over to his left and low and behold there was a tree right there! How convenient. He squared up to the tree, took it's measure. Before checking again how the battle was going, when an idea struck him. He lined up, carefully examining the direction of his swing. Before pulling back and hammering his pick at the tree, great powerful swings scooping barkflesh from his target and sending it careening through the air. With a tortured scream, the tree began to topple. Directly towards the bears and Newbee.

---

quote:

Carefully knocking down a tree on to the bears in Newbee's group
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+1
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, ++-/+1 = 2

quote:

<Yamifenrir> Anyway, Bears try to ninjadodge a tree!
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, +-/- = -1

---

With an explosion of sound and crying bear, the tree impacted on the bears like a... big tree. Which had fallen. A big old falling tree. With bears under it.

2 damage to the bears in group #1 and I'll make a boost: Oakenhammer, the bane of bears

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

...Can I feel your muscles?

Fate Points: 3

Percival was ready to give the Baron his retort (Mostly by chomping on his bony leg), but whatever he was about to say was interrupted by the swarm of bears Newbie bought along with her. Before he knew it, the fight had already begun.

Fire proved to be most effective against the beasts, as Mimi has so kindly demonstrated, and if there is one thing Percival is not lacking in, it's fire. He is still a Hellhound, after all, and he could easily use his hellbreath to deal with the wild animals, and show that dang Baron how strong a fighter he really is! Percival could do that, but in the end, he chooses not to, not while there is an ally in danger. Oghrul was looking at him for protection, and Percival, being the Good Boy that he is, will not let him down! He will do whatever he can to defend him from the bears (as long as he doesn't get distracted by a shiny object again)!

Filled with determination, Percival rushes forth, using his small frame to his advantage to run in-between the bears, allowing him to reach his allies with no trouble at all. "Oghrul! Have no fear, my friend! I am here now! I will give you my divine blessings, so no harm will come to you!"

Percival dramatically leaps onto the orcs shoulder, and sticks out his long tongue, which starts glowing a holy, radiant light. He gives Oghrul a nice, big lick to his face. "There! Now have the protection of my divine slobber! Now you should not have anything to worry about!"

quote:

Hugzilla> Percival is Carefully Creating an Advantage by casting a defensive spell on Oghrul (+2 from stunt)
<Hugzilla> !r 4df+5
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, //--+5 = 3

I am creating the situational aspect "Drool of the Divine," that gets two free invokes since I succeeded with style that I or Oghrul can use.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Jan 29, 2017 around 17:43

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Situation aspects:
Tracks of the Golden Rabbit (1 free Invoke)
Bears that are on fire, and do not like it (Two free invokes)
Drool of the Divine (Two invokes)

The bears on Newbee's side are taking a beating, and are starting to be reduced to manageable numbers. Right now, there are six trying to get to Newbee on her rock and failing, and eight bears are just running about panically, trying to roll the flames out, scrape themselves against trees, and other things.

Mimi

In the chaos, however, you manage to make out a rather quiet noise - but as you turn around, you see something amazing!

It's a Golden Rabbit! However, all of the noise has spooked it, and it's rapidly running away! It's even employing cunning tactics, like jumping onto rocks and the trees to make tracking it impossible.

quote:

17:32 Yamifenrir The Golden Rabbit attempts to hide its tracks! (Overcome to remove the "Tracks of the Golden Rabbit" aspect)
17:32 Yamifenrir !r 4dF+2
17:32 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, /-+/+2 = 2

Roll to Defend to interfere with that or you'll lose track of the Golden Rabbit!

Newbee

Not much happening on your side. After all, you got this under perfect control! Why not show off and finish them all one one attack? That'll show them all!

quote:

17:50 Yamifenrir Bears try to nibble at Newbee's feet!
17:50 Yamifenrir !r 4dF+2
17:50 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, /+/-+2 = 2

Zanzibar

Your surgical strikes remove just the right amount of bear for Oghrul to be able to retreat from the encirclement! Good work. Now that you've managed to regroup, show these bears your skill!

Oghrul

Hey, the situation's under control again, right? You should test out that shield! After all, Lady Midnight ordered you to. Why not do it now?

Compelling (Supposed) Soldier Par Excellence: Do not Attack this turn, and instead test out the shield. You know the drill by now.

quote:

17:51 Yamifenrir Bears want an Ork for dinner!
17:51 Yamifenrir !r 4df+2
17:51 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, --+-+2 = 0

Using a fate point to make that result a 2.

Missile

Well, that's one crisis averted and --

SHINY!! So Shiny!

and it's a rabbit. but that doesn't matter. It's SHINY! You need to have it!

Compelling SHINY!!! Ignore everything else, acquire Golden Rabbit. And maybe take a nibble.

Blackbone

Hah! That showed them. Maybe you should branch out? Become a woodser too? Make double the money by doing two jobs! ...

Well, it's food for thought. For now, you got to make sure you aren't food for bears. You've thinned out the bears, but there are still so many!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Jan 29, 2017 around 16:53

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

Ha ha! Take that you hibernating honey eating, grizzly, fur covered- what was that?!

AHHHHH! The rabbit was making tracks! Or... not, as the case may be! Well, Mimi was not going to let it get away. She was going to catch this bunny if it was the last thing she did!

It wasn't going to be the last thing.

Because Mimi was amazing, and was going to succeed without having to die in the process!

- - -
5:14 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Mimi will Quickly attempt to Overcome the rabbit's escape attempt!
5:14 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 !r 4df+2
5:14 PM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, --+/+2 = 1
5:14 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 and I'm going to invoke the Tracks of the Golden Rabbit aspect to make it a 3
- - -

With a quick jump, Mimi shifted her form into some kind of bird, swooping down in front of the critter, stopping it in it's tracks, then quickly shifted back, ready to try and catch the bunny.

"You're mine!"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 4 Boost: Shiny Hunter

With that out of the way, Percival is now ready to do battle with the bears! He jumps off the orc's shoulder, and stands bravely in front of the large beasts! They may be taller than him, stronger than him, and furrier than him, but he has one thing they don't; they don't have his fierce- SHINY!!!!

RABBIT! SHINY! So sPARKly!!! MUST CATCH SHINY!!!! MUST- No! Fight the urge, Percival! Yes, the rabbit may be gold, and shiny, and very, very, very sparkly, but you must... you must... you must...

Accepting the compel. +1 FP

Alas, Percival cannot resist the temptations of the shiny, as he drops his sword, and charges straight for the rabbit, leaving his allies behind. He leaps straight for the rabbit, and catches it in his maw. The shiny is his now, and nobody can take it away from him!

quote:

<Hugzilla> Percival is QUICKLY CHARGING FORTH to catch the rabbit!
<ArashiOfOrdo3> That rabbit is mine! Gonna dash after it and make use of my boost!
<Hugzilla> !r 4dF+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, //--+1 = -1
<Hugzilla> I'll try my chances with a reroll! (Invoking Drool of the Divine)
<Hugzilla> !r 4df+1
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, ++//+1 = 3

<Yamifenrir> The Golden Rabbit tries to escape Missile's hungry maw
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df-2
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, ++//-2 = 0

The attack Succeeds with Style, inflicting 2 shifts of damage and generating the boost "Shiny Hunter!"

The Rabbit now has the mild consequence "Stuck in missiles mouth," so I get a free invoke on it.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Jan 29, 2017 around 19:28

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fate Points: 3 | Free Invokes: Boosts - "Target Rich Environment", "I have the high ground!", "Weaponized Bear", "(Almost) More energy than I can handle!", "And this... is a level beyond!"

I saw that things seemed to be proceeding as well as could be expected on the other side. For all of their frustrating quirks and inability to believe in the strength of the Mistress's chosen servants, they were competent. Not as competent as me, of course, but who would even suggest such a thing? I was invincible on the field of battle, clearly a brilliant tactician, and the only one who could truly lead this lot into glorious battle!

The bears could hardly reach me on this outcropping. The best they were managing was a frankly embarrassing attempt to scrabble up and snap at my ankles. This was just as I had expected! I would draw the horde, weather their blows, and then crush them in a single attack when their vigor flagged. Mine, of course, was overflowing! I felt better than ever! I felt so strong that I could—

I felt a bear chomp down on my hand. It didn't hurt, of course, but how dare it! How dare it interrupt my moment of glory? Calling on all of my bountiful reserves of energy, I lifted the bear over my head and began to swing it wildly to knock the other bears back. They would pay! They would all pay dearly! Forget the idea of forgiving them, forget the idea of breeding them. These bears only had one fate. They would all perish.

Defend posted:

8:18 AM <Tricky> Newbee is going to Forcefully use the first bear to attack as a shield!
8:18 AM <Tricky> !r 4dF+5
8:18 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, +-+-+5 = 5

The defense Succeeds with Style and generates the boost "Weaponized Bear."

As the bear swept back and forth, knocking its fellows around, I channeled every ounce of the energy I had drained from the horde to strengthen myself. A clean hit saw a bear smashed several feet into the ground and I followed up with a few more vicious swings. A brief pause came over the melee as the bears looked down at the mess I had left. It seemed that they were beginning to realize what a poor choice they had made in attracting our Mistress's attention. A feral grin crossed my face as I leaped down from the rock outcropping, utilizing the momentum to swing ever harder. The bear in my hand spun round and round, looking increasingly in poor health, as it sent the massed group of bears flying in several different directions.

They did not rise. The only bear left within reach was in my claws. I spun several times, building momentum and energy, then sent it flying straight up into the air. For a moment, it simply soared ever higher. I announced my victory to the world with a tremendous, world-shaking roar as I stabbed upward. The bear fell onto my claws, dead, and then I threw it to the side with the other bears. Let the others witness my glory! I was, and will always be, the shield of the Mistress! No bear could hope to break through my defense.

I could feel their life fill me to the brim. Dark energy began to emanate from my body and fill the air around me. Why stop our rampage now? The night was young! We should strike and strike and strike again! We should gather more materials, more experience, and more gifts for our Mistress! A mountain of treasure should fill her chambers before she awakens!

Attack posted:

8:22 AM <Tricky> Newbee is going to unleash her might and Forcefully attack with her newfound bear weapon!
8:22 AM <Tricky> !r 4dF+3
8:22 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, //+-+3 = 3

Burning three of those delightful boosts the bears keep giving me to make that an 9 instead.

8:26 AM <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+2
8:26 AM <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, /--/+2 = 0
8:26 AM <Yamifenrir> those are some dead bears alright

The attack Succeeds with Style inflicting 8 shifts of damage and generating the boost "And this... is a level beyond!".

Tricky fucked around with this message at Jan 29, 2017 around 19:02

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 4/4 | Free Invokes: Boosts - "Battle Rush"

Oghrul grimaces for a moment as the Hell Corgi’s tongue runs across his face. As much as the buff would no doubt be useful, the orc found it difficult to be thankful for the ‘assistance.’ Nevertheless, he said a quick but polite,

“Appreciated,” before turning his attention back to the fight. And he had to admit, despite the worrisome start, everything had gone surprisingly well. Newbee was handling herself just fine, and the bears on their end were utterly in a panic from the fire. All things considered, it could have gone much worse. As he thought that, one of the bears in its panic began to swipe wildly at Oghrul, as if it sought to bring him down with it. Keeping a close eye on its movements, Oghrul kept to the edge of its reach, although one claw came a little too close for comfort.

quote:

<TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Carefully Defending against becoming dinner by watching the bears' movements!
<TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+2
<Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, -/+++2 = 3

So far, so good, Oghrul thought. No one had gotten hurt (yet), and most of the bears were dead or injured. Slightly disappointing as it was to admit, but between the efforts of the other servants, the situation was well under control even without him directly engaging the enemies. In that case, it’d be better for him to focus on defense since their usual tank was off doing her own thing, and make certain the group stayed unhurt. Besides, he still needed to test out the shield that Blackbone had found. With that in mind, he began to slowly press forward as he strapped the shield to his left arm, periodically banging against it with his warhammer.

“Look over here, you burning furballs! Come and get me!”

Accepting the Compel, +1 FP

quote:

<TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Forcefully (Creating An Advantage by) drawing aggro to himself by banging the Shield of Darien De Verr!
<TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+3
<Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, -/--+3 = 0
<TheFireMagi> oof, that's a bad roll
<Hugzilla> pssttt you have a free invoke
<TheFireMagi> yep, and thanks for that
<TheFireMagi> i'll invoke both Drool of the Divine and Battle Rush for a total of +4

<Yamifenrir> Are the bears aggroed?
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df-2
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -/---2 = -5

Creating the situational aspect “Bearing the Aggro” with two free invokes since I succeeded with style.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Battle Focus

Fire. Death. Chaos. The crackling flame of battle cast sharp shadows on Zanzibar's angular features, as he stood in the midst of the enemy, sword drawn, eyes sharp, but calm in demeanor. Calmness was the most essential part of combat, after all, for in combat every second mattered. There was no time to waste for errant thoughts or missteps. For in combat, every movement counted, every swipe of the sword was a commitment that could cost you your (un)life if poorly executed. Thus, you were to remain calm, and focused. Something that the bears had evidently forgotten.

Well, the fact that they were on fire might have played into that. Or the fact that they were wild animals with no capacity for higher reasoning. But Zanzibar did not allow those sorts of thoughts to distract him from his somber ruminations, not when he finally had a chance to do what he was good at. For the bears had made a fatal mistake. They had scattered. And they were all focused on Oghrul, ignoring him completely. Which meant he could engage the remaining eight one on one.

He took the En Garde stance. It was time to dance.

Lunging Advance on a flaming bear distracted by the clanging of the shield, caught flat-footed, pierced through the neck. It didn't even have the time to react.

3 seconds

Pass Backward to free the blade and to gain distance on the second bear, that was readying to strike. Uncanny Sidestep, a stab through the ribs. The perforated heart of the second bear beat no more.

7 seconds

The third was almost consumed by flame already. Crippling Strike to the left flank ensured it would not reach anyone before it perished.

9 seconds

Dead Man's Fleché decapitated the fourth in a greenish flash of banefire, to be immediately followed by a set of twirls, parries, and quick stabs on the fifth, until it too bled.

14 seconds

The sixth came to the scene, avoided by Cape Feint, gaining naught but a long, deep cut across its right flank as Zanzibar dodged to the side, flawlessly continuing the movement to parry the seventh, and cutting open its jugular with Counter-Strike.

17 seconds

Withering Strike, Banefire Slash, Crippling Strike and the eighth, the only one of the pack untouched by flame, was on the ground, helpless. Yet still trying to impotently claw at Oghrul's shield. Zanzibar spared it nothing but a pitying glance.

Coup De Grâce.

20 seconds

Wipe the blood from your blade.

Bow to the audience.

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar, DUEL ALL THE BEARS TO DEATH with a Flashy Attack!
Theantero: !r 4dF+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, +-+-+3 = 3
Yamifenrir: But, do the bears know duelling tactics?
Yamifenrir: !r 4df+2
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, -///+2 = 1
Theantero: I Invoke BOTH of the 'they're on fire' things to make my roll a 7
Theantero: thus I deal 6 damage
Theantero: do they use a fate point?
Yamifenrir: yes
Theantero: Invoking Bearing the Aggro twice for a +4

Righto, the bears take 8 shifts of Damage, but I'll rather make them take 7 shifts of Damage and take a Boost: Battle Focus

Both the free invokes from the Bears that are on fire, and do not like it and Bearing the Aggro have been used, but not like it matters since they all died in the process.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Jan 29, 2017 around 19:06

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:
Drool of the Divine (1 free invoke)

Complication Aspects:

Golden Rabbit - Stuck in Missile's mouth (free invoke for Missile)

Combat over! Clear your stress boxes if you have marked any.

Everyone

The bears are defeated! And you even found yourself a Golden Rabbit. It's given up on resisting and is dangling in Missile's mouth. After you gathered all the bear flanks, it's time to head back. It's too risky to continue on with the super-rare Golden Rabbit in your hands.

As you walk back to Lady Midnights domain, you hear talk in the bushes.

"You seeing this, sis?! There's a bunch of NPC's without their Player around, with kickass gear, AND they got a Golden Rabbit. I'm telling you, we HAVE to kill them. I want that sword! It's got to be a Mist Sword!" an energetic girl argues.

Pretty close to her seems to be someone else, with a much less confident voice, also female. "I don't know, Sis. They... they kinda look scary. Also, that's pretty mean..." she replies.

"Come on, it's just a buncha dumb NPC's! What are they gonna do? We'll kick their rear end!" she says, charging forward without considering her sister's opinion. "Hey, you! Yes, you, Skeleton Man! Hand over that sword and that Golden Rabbit or I'll kill you all!"

The sister, clearly not agreeing with that, quietly follows after her, shivering as she looks over your assembled group.

Name: ??? Class: Novice Sword Maiden

Stunt: ???

Name: ??? Class: Novice Star Mage

Stunt: ???

Oghrul Skullbasher

After using it, you now understand what the shield is capable of! It's a pretty curious thing. With the gemstones inside, you can activate it once per day to have it activate the imbued spell, holy smite (a pretty strong spell for your level), while with the gems removed you it changes your melee attacks to be of the holy type as long as you wield it.

Blackbone

The nerve! Not only do they want all of the stuff you gathered, for free, they also got a mage! A MAGE!

They're all you should have been, and you know it! This can't stand!

Compelling Trouble: Oh that's not how you spell Minor? gently caress it! Leave it in! to attack the Star-Mage in a fit of rage.

Zanzibar

The nerve of the Sword Maiden! By demanding the blade so calleously they are insulting your liege. his cannot stand. You must show her who's best in a honorable duel!

Compelling High Concept: The Lord's (long suffering) Champion to challenge the Sword Maiden to a one-on-one duel.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2017 around 21:36

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Battle Focus

Zanzibar eyed the girl, his poise straight, seemingly unperturbed by being addressed as 'Skeleton Man', even though secretly his noble self couldn't help but take the slightest bit of offense. Without a word he drew the Mist Sword from its sheath, and pointed it at the offender, crossing his free hand behind his back.

"I am afraid", he rumbled in that deep tone of his, "That I must disappoint you, good lady, for all these belong to my Mistress, and are not at my liberty to give. And indeed, as her champion, this my duty and sworn obligation to defend her honor and all that is hers with my blade. And I am afraid, good lady, that your presumptuous attitude here is an insult most dire on the honor of my Mistress."

"And as such, I am by my duty forced to challenge you to a duel for the sake of my Mistress."

Zanzibar was silent for a moment, his cape flapping slightly in the wind as he stood.

"You are the challenged. Thus yours is the first step."

Accepting compel.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2017 around 22:00

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: "(Almost) More energy than I can handle!", "And this... is a level beyond!"

It would not be inaccurate to say that I was quite pleased with myself. How could I not be? The flanks were secured and the others had even managed to catch the Golden Rabbit. Was it not exactly what I had said would occur? And my performance during the battle! Breathtaking! I could see the looks of ill-disguised awe from my fellow servants. As much as they pretended to dislike me, I knew that had to be a front. Percival was easily the most honest of all, save myself, and his respect was evident!

As I floated along on elegant wings of shadow, I hummed a happy tune to myself and played with the Ribbons of Awe. The Mistress would be so pleased! Surely she would mark me with another token of honor after such a display of prowess and might! I was so busy fantasizing about that that I hardly noticed the two players that seemed to have mistaken us for easy prey. In fact, I didn't notice them. Not until I bumped into Zanzibar's back after he suddenly stopped.

Wait. Wait. The stylish one had said something. She wanted our equipment? She wanted my equipment? She wanted MY RIBBONS? The energy surrounding me began to flare up and spark. I could feel the ground shattering beneath my feet. I would rend her asunder! I would break her blade like a twig! I would drain the life from her veins and take her dress for my own. It deserved a better, more beautiful owner. It deserved me.

I unsheathed my claws as I leveled them at the two, my eyes blazing red beneath the dark aura surrounding me, "L̸͓͡͝ͅȨ̣͎̺͖̭͈͚̠Ą̡̬̜̘̘͉̼͓̖͓V̙̙̙͔̗̜͟E̷̡͓͔̤͚̪̯̞̣͙ ̗͖̦͎̮͈͖̙͘M̼̭͍̩͜Ý͉̖̪͘ ̢̡̼̥̣͈͍̬̺̣R̴̛̻͚̗̭͍̫I̙̥͓̪̞͚̱B̡͇͙̱̝̪̖͜B̷͓͇̟̪̭̝ͅͅỜ͖̬͇̺N̡̧̻̙̫̥̹̫̣S̨͉̮͉͓̬͘ ͉͈̩͢͞͡A̧̺̭̘̻̟͎̹L̻͢͡O҉̗͖̳N̜͕͈̲̺̯͢Ẹ̛̜̞̱͓̬̱͞͞!̢̣̗̥̜̺̙͈̫̱̀!̸̹͓͠͞"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

Mimi crossed her arms as they walked. She'd put in all the hard work to find the rabbit, but NO Missile was the one who was carrying it back. He got all growlly when you tried to reach for the bunny too. And of course Newbee was being her usual insufferable self. Could this day be any worse?

Speak of the devil.

"Adventures, huh... neat."

She had no intentions of giving them anything. But maybe it would be helpful to point something out.

"Why don't you just be on your way? After all, when you lose we're going to take everything YOU'VE got. So spare yourself the humiliation, and go away."

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 4 Boost: Shiny Hunter

Ah, there is nothing like a job well done. Not only have they gathered the bear flanks their master desired, but they had also managed to retrieve the ever elusive golden bunny, as well! And it was Percival himself who had personally caught it! Yes, the rabbit may be a little mangled, and there may be bite marks all over it, but his master shouldn't mind. She will surely be overjoyed that he caught the thing, and surely she will praise him for a job well done! Maybe she'll be happy enough to give Percival... the scritches? Oh, he certainly hopes so! His tail starts waggling quickly back and forth over the thought of receiving scritches from his master.

But it seems the scritches must wait, as the party is stopped by two girls who seem ready to start a fight. Is she... demanding that Percival give up the golden rabbit? How dare she! This golden rabbit is a precious gift to his beloved master! If she thinks he would just roll over and just give the rabbit to her, then she is truly barking up the wrong tree!

Percival brandishes his sword at the girl, and growls, "Do you really think it is wise to threaten us? We outnumber you, 6," Percival raises his free paw to signify the number 6, not realizing he only has 4 fingers, "To 2," he raises 3 fingers (Nobody said he was the best at counting), "I suggest you think very carefully about your next action, or you might end up doing something you very surely will regret."

Surely his words would have sounded threatning... if he wasn't still holding the golden rabbit in his mouth. To everybody else around him, his words sound like muffled growls.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2017 around 13:52

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate points: 3/3 Free invokes: Boost - "Oakenhammer, the bane of bears"

((I see your compel and I raise you a berserk skeleton. +1 fate point))

Blackbone gazed at the players. The loud one looked like a lot of fun, the quiet one was probably the voice of reason but he doubted she'd get much of a say in anything, swept along in her friends more dominant wake. He tilted his head as he looked her over again. downcast face, nervous pose, mystical sky doodles over their weird see through dress. Mystical sky doodles? Nah they're constellations mate. Aren't they? Anyone can see tha-oh.

Oh...

Mystical

Mystical.

If Blackbone had eyes in his skull they would have rolled madly. They dared, they fuckin' dared mate? Oh mate. Ah MATE. No mate. Uh uh. Yah fuckin' DEAD mate.

Blackbone, calmly, defiantly very calmly, stepped forward, cleared his throat, and quietl-

"I'MA HAVE YOUR loving ARMS YOU MAGIC TWIG STICK! I CAST PICKAXE!"

Blackbone launched himself madly at them, tunnel vision (ha) straight at the nova mage. His voice descending into a garble of furious sound. Ceaselessly, horrifyingly violent noise. Helped by the fact his voice wasn't limited by having to make it with a physical throat.

Fate 4/4

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:

Complication Aspects:

Golden Rabbit - Stuck in Missile's mouth (free invoke for Missile)

Everyone

"... Eh? Hahaha sure thing skeleton man! I accept! Let's go!" the sword maiden replies, pointing her sword at you. "If any of you other buffoons attack, your skeleton man gets disqualified. And I'm going to kick your rear end too."

... as she's saying this Blackbone is charging the mage.

"KYAAAAAA! What about me sis?!? Doesn't this mean they're all going to go after me?!?" she protests, running circles around a tree trying to dodge the berserk Miner Lich after her.

"JUST TELEPORT AWAY OR SOMETHING! I DON'T CARE!" the sword maiden yells in frustration as she lunges towards Zanzibar.

Gulping, the Star-Mage teleports onto the higher branches of a tree, holding onto it for dear life.

quote:

23:06 Yamifenrir A WILD SWORDMAIDEN ATTACKS
23:06 Yamifenrir !r 4df+3
23:06 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, --/-+3 = 0

quote:

23:28 Yamifenrir Star-Mage sets up magical sigils!
23:28 Yamifenrir !r 4df+3
23:28 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, -/-/+3 = 1

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2017 around 23:13

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Battle Focus, OUTPLAYED, Taken to School

Not sooner than the Swordmaiden had taken her first step forward, Zanzibar took his. Far faster. With a refined, practiced sort of grace he lunged, sidestepped the maiden, and guided her lunging sword downward. And the laws of momentum took care of the rest as the maiden struggled to correct a disgraceful stumble as her blade ate the Earth.

"Good lady", Zanzibar intoned, "You seem to have forgotten that one cannot do battle armed with nothing but false confidence alone."

quote:

Theantero: Right. Zanzibar advances without delay for a Quick Defend
Theantero: !r 4df+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, /++++2 = 5

I succeed with style, thus I get Boost: OUTPLAYED

"Yet I still cannot help but respect your conviction", he readied his blade once more, "So out of kindness I offer you this free tutoring session in the fine art of dueling."

Zanzibar approached quickly, a sudden thrust forcing the already stumbling girl to fall as she overcorrected her movements to parry. "First, know when to lunge. Yours was made at far too long a distance, against a ready opponent on guard, with much room to evade. A foolish mistake."

The skeleton watched impassively as his opponent, somewhat bruised from her fall, got to her feet. A brief bout of clashed blades followed, until Zanzibar sidestepped and ended up on the opposite side of the enemy, a quick push causing her to stumble again, but before she could correct her footing, Zanzibar lunged, and was quickly on her face. "Always lunge for a reason. To gain ground quickly against opponents who are not in a position to parry. To get inside the comfortable engaging range of long weapons", he nodded to the side, at the weapon his opponent was holding, "such as the katana. This has been your fist lesson."

The girl tried to slash back, but her awkward position and Zanzibar's fast Pass Backward ensured she hit nothing but air.

Zanzibar took a look at the Mist Sword, a faint red gleam adorning it, and at the girl, a stain of similar hue on her left side, seeping through her robes.

"Lesson two", he added sardonically, "Know when to yield at the face of far superior opposition you have no true hope of beating."

A moment of silence.

"I claim first blood for my Mistress."

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar Flashily Attacks the Swordmaiden, using his Stunt (The Noble Duelist) for a +2
Theantero: !r 4df+5
Krysmbot: Theantero, //+++5 = 7

quote:

Yamifenrir: Just how badly did the swordmaiden get outplayed?
Yamifenrir: !r 4df+3
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +-/-+3 = 2

Righto, a total of 5 shifts. Having the attack do 4 shifts of Damage and taking the Boost: Taken to School.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Feb 1, 2017 around 23:21

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate points: 4/3 Free invokes: Boost - "Oakenhammer, the bane of bears"

There was writing. In the air. Is was glowy, it looked runic, Blackbone felt the magic in his very bones as it was summoned by the Nova mage into being. An intrinsic act of will to alter the very universe itself to her design. Real power. Raw power. The strongest thing in the universe.

The only thing stronger was Blackbone's own self loathing that he couldn't do it.

He channelled that disgust, filling himself with it, drawing strength into his legs as he flung himself into the air. Forcing his own will into a pinprick at the very tip of his pick, and swung at the bright letters of mockery. Scouring them with scorn and bitterness, tainting the words and the will till they dissolved and spluttered. Their purpose unfulfilled.

quote:

<Yamifenrir> Star-Mage sets up magical sigils!
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -/-/+3 = 1

quote:

<JohnOfOrdo3> Opposing the nasty magical sigils (how dare she?!) by forcefully smashing them with a pickaxe
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, ////+3 = 3

He landed heavily and screamed at the mage for her hubris, for the very hurt of her existence. Next time he would get her. He just needed to be higher. Or... He gazed darkly at the tree. She just needed to be lower.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 3 | Free Invokes:

With the skirmish against the bears over without a single injury, Oghrul gave a small nod of satisfaction as he moved the shield about a few more times. It had held up well, even better than he first expected in all honestly, and it seemed to have some magical properties to boot. Holy properties at that, which meant that it would suit Percival more than before. Of course, after watching the Hell Corgi abscond from the battlefield, the orc wasn’t as certain he desired to hand off such a powerful artifact. If Percival couldn’t be trusted to be around in such a minor battle, what was to prevent the pup from disappearing in the midst of a major one?

Lost in his thoughts and deliberations, Oghrul snapped to attention just in time to watch the Baron begin his duel with a substantial lead. The orc expected no less, as was the arrogance of giving advice to your opponent mid-duel. Unless the Swordmaiden had quite the trick up her needlessly long sleeves, Zanzibar should be able to handle himself. No, the one that Oghrul was concerned about was the timid Star Mage. Teleportation was potentially a very dangerous tool, let alone whatever other magic she might have, which meant that locking her down would be prudent. So as Blackbone charged forward and smashed aside the first sigils (Very impressive, the orc thought), Oghrul calmly watched the battlefield from a distance.

quote:

Oghrul is Cleverly Creating an Advantage by staying back and trying to figure out the Star Mage’s Stunt(s)!

<TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Cleverly Creating an Advantage by staying back and trying to figure out the Star Mage’s Stunt(s)!
<TheFireMagi> !roll 4dF+2
<Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, -//-+2 = 0
<TheFireMagi> hm

quote:

<Yamifenrir> Is the Star-Mage a mystery wrapped in an enigma?
<Yamifenrir> !r 4dF+3
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, ----+3 = -1
<TheFireMagi> oh wow
<Yamifenrir> ...
* Yamifenrir screams internally
<TheFireMagi> i am so sorry
<Yamifenrir> WHAT ARE THESE ROLLS
<Yamifenrir> Hmm
<Yamifenrir> I will fate point this
<Yamifenrir> to a +1
<TheFireMagi> i'll burn a FP as well then on Eternal and Curious Scholar, the idea being that even if Oghrul doesn't use magic, he's studied up on it enough to get a sense for any basic shenanigans she might be trying to pull
<TheFireMagi> burn a FP for a +2, that is

Entire conversation kept for hilarity.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: "(Almost) More energy than I can handle!", "You're grounded!", "And this... is a level beyond!"

The stylish one must have realized how much trouble she was in, because she immediately fled to the treetops and began to prepare defenses. It might have worked against one of the others, but me? I wasn't about to let her run. Not after she dared to covet my ribbons.

As I lifted into the air and shot towards her, I roared, "N̬̒̽̈́̍͆O̶͎̮͓̫̮͉̟ͫ̌ͫ ̵͍̙̲͎͔ͩ́̎Ě͓͔̠̩̠̭͊̆̑S̆ͦ̕C̨̏̚A̛͎͎͕͙̜̝͌̊̀ͮͣͫͨP̏ͨ̍̀̈́͋͏̣͇̺͚͖̜È̮̣͉̭͉͆ͦ͂͡ͅ"

A look crossed her face. Unimportant. What was important was that she thought she could stop me. A sun-shaped sigil appeared in the air and I crashed against it. It held for a moment, but I was too full of power to possibly be stopped by something like that. I stabbed my claws deep into the sigil and began to tear it apart. With an odd screeching sound, it flickered and exploded. My path was clear. I blazed forward, cloaked in darkness, then stabbed towards her head with both sets of claws. She ducked down beneath them, surprisingly, but that only brought her down for the perfect knee to her stupid nose. Try standing on a tree after that!

Attack posted:

1:46 PM <Tricky> Newbee is going to Forcefully introduce the Star Mage to her claws!
1:46 PM <Tricky> !r 4dF+3
1:46 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, ++-++3 = 5

Burning "(Almost) More energy than I can handle!" to make that a 7.

1:46 PM <Yamifenrir> Is the Star Mage going to shake Newbee's hands?
1:46 PM <Yamifenrir> !r 4dF+2
1:46 PM <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, ++-++2 = 4

The attack is a Success with Style, dealing 2-shifts and generating the boost "You're grounded!"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 3 Boost: Shiny Hunter

While his allies were dealing with the mage, Percival decided to focus his attention on the Baron and his duel. Zanzibar may be arrogant, rude, a windbag, and an all around jerk, but there's no denying his skills in single combat. Sometimes. The way he is belittling his opponent reminds Percival of all the times he was looked down upon (No pun intended) by his opponents. They all saw him as a non-threat, choosing to mock him and play around with him, only for them to be taken by surprise at how skilled the young Hell Pup actually was. Zanzibar might have the upper hand for now, but Percival can tell there is more to the Swordmaiden than meets the eye, and Zanzibar might be in for a rude awakening.

Percival concentrates all his focus on the Swordmaiden, watching her movements closely. Whatever secret technique she is hiding, Percival will find out what it is, that much is certain!

quote:

<Hugzilla> Percival is Cleverly Creating an Advantage by figuring out the Swordmaiden's stunts
<Hugzilla> !r 4dF+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, -///+2 = 1
Burning a FP and invoking Dogged Determination to give myself a +2

quote:

<Yamifenrir> How well does the Swordmaiden hide her tricks?
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+1
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -//++1 = 1

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

Mimi watched as the lich launched himself at the spell caster. Ooooh, bad choice. Okay, she had no way of knowing ahead of time that being an obvious caster in front of Blackbone was a death sentence, but it was her own fault. Clearly. Then Newbee also joined in, it was rather unnecessary, Blackbone didn't need the help. But whatever, maybe he'd catch her with a back swing and knock her out or something. Now THAT would be funny!

She glanced over to where the Baron was taking his opponent apart bit by bit. Gosh, who'd would have thought that challenging someone to a one on one duel was a bad idea. She reshaped herself to the girls measurements. Hmmm, it would be a little flashy. But that kimono would be quite a nice prize.

"Hey Baron! Try not to ruin her dress too badly! It would look pretty good on me! Hehehehe." she called out. More to make the adventurer a little bit more fearful then anything else.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:

Solar Mines (1 free invoke for the enemy)

Consequence Aspects:

Sword Maiden - Painful Shoulder Wound (1 free invoke)

Zanzibar

"Gaahhhh!!" the Sword Maiden yells out as you stab her through the shoulder. "Why are you so strong!? This was supposed to be easy!"

Panically, she reaches for a bottle on her pocket and attempts to drink it. What ever it is, it's probably not good for you if she manages to do so!

quote:

21:22 Yamifenrir Sword Maiden attempts to drink a potion! (Create a Advantage, Clever)
21:22 Yamifenrir !r 4df+1
21:22 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, /-+-+1 = 0

The Sword Maiden gains the Painful Shoulder Wound moderate consequence.

Blackbone

"Why do you hate me so much!?" the scared mage cries out at you as you smash her attempt at setting up a spell. "What did I ever do to you!?"

Oghrul

Turns out, reading really is useful! You happened upon a few books that Star-Mages use to learn their spells a few days ago. And Star-Mages of the level that can learn Teleport can also learn...

quote:

Meteor
Upon an Attack that you Succeeded with Style, you can choose to instead deal 2 shifts of damage to EVERY enemy.

Which is, needless to say, a huge threat. It's a good thing that Blackbone is harrying her so hard - giving her time to use that spell would have been a huge mistake!

Newbee

Distracted with Blackbone, the girl is unaware of your attack until it's already too late, and you knock her straight out of the tree. It looks like she hit her head, ouch.

"Kyaaaaaa! Stay away!" she pleads, chanting another spell. "[Solar Mines]!"

Between the two of you a bunch of brightly glowing Orbs.

Uh oh! Those are probably holy element...

quote:

21:55 Yamifenrir The Star mage tries to create some distance via spell! (create an advantage)
21:55 Yamifenrir !r 4df+2
21:55 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, +/--+2 = 1

Missile

Hmm, looking at her swordsplay, she's actually got a decent amount of experience. She probably was just dumbfounded by Zanzibar's surprisingly powerful onslaught. Being a melee combatant as well, you have some idea about what tricks others can pull. You're fairly certain that someone on her level has THAT annoying skill...

quote:

Uncanny Parry
Automatically Succeed with Style any Defend action in melee combat once per session.

Mimi

"Oh shut up!" the Sword Maiden yells at you. "You're just a fake piece of loot! Not even a real one! There's no way in hell you're getting MY dress! Do you know how expensive that thing was!?"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 2, 2017 around 22:31

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Battle Focus, OUTPLAYED, Taken to School

Staggering Blow. The girl struggled to keep her balance as she fumbled with the bottle in her hand, the sudden lack of proper footing making removing the stopper next to impossible. A impeccably comboed Guard Breaker made her open to approach.

And then there was the sudden slash of a Disarm as Zanzibar cut the potion bottle right at the neck before the girl had had a chance to take even a sip, causing the vial to drop and shatter against the ground, the mixtures within quickly seeping into the Earth.

Zanzibar stared the girl deep into the eyes, and spared her naught but a curt statement.

"No cheating in class."

He withdrew a few steps away once more before the girl could counter-attack, and brandished his blade, waiting for an opening.

quote:

Theantero: eh, I might as well whip out a post
Theantero: this one's going to be Quick
Theantero: almost as Quick as this Overcome that Zanzibar's performing to wreck that potion bottle
Theantero: !r 4df+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, //-/+2 = 1
Actually that is a 3 since I had to change my stunt 'Master of the Debuff Stack' (it was a bit illegal as it turns out ), and it applies here

Theantero fucked around with this message at Feb 2, 2017 around 22:32

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: "And this... is a level beyond!", "You're grounded!", "I'm your worst nightmare!"

Hah! The weakling thought that I'd be stopped by her glowing orbs? I'd show her! I'd show them all! The pitch-black aura that surrounded me slowly dissipated, finally leaving me clear to view. I sucked in a deep breath, filling my lungs to capacity, then unleashed a mighty torrent of darkness towards her puny spell! The clash between the two was nigh-cataclysmic, but was the outcome ever in doubt? I was the greatest! None dared oppose me directly!

The orbs shattered under the onslaught of the dark tide, though my breath faded before it could engulf the beleaguered human. For a moment, I was hidden behind the mass of smoke and debris that the explosions had caused. A perfect opportunity to imbue my prey with the proper respect for my undeniable talents. I dramatically flew through the smoke and struck a mighty pose as I roared.

I leveled a claw at her, "You shall pay for daring to covet my ribbons!"

Overcome posted:

12:22 PM <Tricky> Newbee is going to get SO DARK you guys and Flashily blow up the mines with the power of ~opposing elements~!
12:22 PM <Tricky> !r 4dF+2
12:22 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, ++/-+2 = 3

Overcharging my breath with some DBZ aura to make that a 5.

The overcome is a Success with Style, destroying the Solar Mines situation aspect and generating the boost "I'm your worst nightmare!"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

It had taken him several moments to recall, but Oghrul snapped his fingers after his flash of insight; Meteor, that was what the spell was called, and quite the devastating one at that. However, the spell required a lengthy time to cast, and neither Blackbone nor Newbee were giving it to the Star Mage. Still, no reason to risk it at this point. Better to keep her locked down, prevent her from casting. With that in mind, Oghrul shouted,

“Blackbone, Newbee! Don’t give her space to cast! She’s packing an area spell that could hit all of us if we give her the opportunity!”

As Newbee cleared the minefield with her dark breath, Oghrul charged forward through the cloud of dust, barreling into the Star Mage and knocking her off her feet. Before she could recover and Teleport away, the orc scooped her up into his arms and began to squeeze, though not as tightly as he could have. Feeling a tinge of guilt considering it was her acquaintance that had started this senseless mess, Oghrul gave a quiet,

“Apologies for being so rough. Better me than either of those two though.”

quote:

<TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Forcefully Creating an Advantage Attacking (after discussion in IRC) by tackling and grappling the Star Mage!
<TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+3
<Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, ++/++3 = 6

<Yamifenrir> Can the Star Mage escape Oghrul's bear hug?
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+0
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, ++/++0 = 3

That’s 3 shifts of damage, Chief.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

There'd be no popping pots here! This was amazing to watch. She'd always liked the Baron, but now, there was a teeny tiny bit of respect.

"Oh, I know exactly how expensive it is. I'm gonna use it to lure in all kinds of people. Just to go *SNAP* *SNAP* *SNAP*" She replied slamming her lid down. Trying to unnerve her enough to give the Baron an opening.

- - -
10:42 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 I'm dicking on sword girl. Because I want that kimono.
10:45 PM Mimi is going to Cleverly create an advantage by distracting and taunting the sword girl by threateningly snapping her lid shut and licking her lips.
10:45 PM !r 4df+2
10:45 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, --//+2 = 0
10:46 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 woop :/
10:46 PM Yami, you've got a chance for one of your characters to succeed on a roll.
10:47 PM Y<Yamifenrir> Is the sword girl going to be distracted?
10:47 PM !r 4df+1
10:47 PM K<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -/--+1 = -2
10:47 PM Y<Yamifenrir> fate point, rerolling...
10:47 PM H<Hugzilla> oh my god
10:47 PM Y<Yamifenrir> *sigh*
10:47 PM !r 4df+1
10:47 PM K<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, /+//+1 = 2
- - -

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate points: 4/3 Free invokes: Boost - "Oakenhammer, the bane of bears"

quote:

"Why do you hate me so much!?" the scared mage cries out at you as you smash her attempt at setting up a spell. "What did I ever do to you!?"

The scared cry bounced around the inside of Blackbone's skull as he stalked closer. Pickaxe brandished menacingly as she struggled in the orks arms, she seemed tiny compared to him, almost like a child. Weak. Defenceless. Blackbone felt his pace slow, his anger spluttered and die as he reached her, staring down into her huge eyes. He could almost see himself reflected in them, this inhuman monster, this thing of rage and violence, a horrifying reminder of mortality. He tried to growl at her, bring back the outrage, the passion he had felt seconds before. But it sounded hollow, forced. Still the girl shied away from him fearfully and with a lurch Blackbone felt sickened by himself. He reached out and tore the staff from her hands, she didn't resist, eyes tight shut, waiting for the blow to come. Blackbone stared at the staff, it was beautiful, light, balanced, it inspired awe, everything that a magic staff should aspire to be. He couldn't help note the difference the difference between them then, this girl and he. Like polar opposites.

He hefted his pickaxe, feeling it's familiar weight, finger bones finding the grooves in the wooden handles that he knew better than he did his own bones. After a moment, he turned to look at the remaining sister.

"Swordswoman. We have your sister at our mercy. Give up now or we will... You know, I don't think there's a word brutal enough for it. Why don't I demonstrate it for you?"

With a quick twist he put all his rotten feelings into a blow that smashed the trunk of a tree to splinters, as if it were made of balsa wood rather than oak. Its too joined the other tree, it's agonising death throes sending birds flapping madly for the sky and cawing.

"Now I don't suppose you would like to see what that would look like when performed on the human body?"

He placed the blade of his pick under the chin of the star mage, she could feel the wet of sap clinging to the blade and lifted her head slightly out of reflex, only exposing more of her throat.

quote:

<JohnOfOrdo3> I'm going to Forcefully hold the star mage to ransom to create an advantage
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, +//++3 = 5
<Yamifenrir> Is it gonna work?
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+2
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -+/++2 = 3
<Yamifenrir> fate pointing that to tie
<JohnOfOrdo3> Going to burn my boost "oakenhammer the bane of bears" by making my point clear by smashing another tree to pieces. Is that acceptable?
<Yamifenrir> yup
<JohnOfOrdo3> okay. So we've got a aspect... "damsel in distress" for 1 invoke.

"Would you?"

Aspect - Damsel in distress 1 free invoke

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 2 Boost: Shiny Hunter

Hm, Percival does not personally approve of Blackborne's methods, but this is their fault for trying to rob them in the first place. They should have known the risk when they chose to challenge the Master's fiercest minions! Still, even though Percival's party may hold the advantage for now, there is no telling what the sisters might pull next. He decides that now would be a good time to cast a spell he's long been practicing on.

Percival sheaths his sword, and claps his paws together, almost as if he was in prayer. The spell he is about to cast requires all his concentration. He closes his eyes, and focuses all of his holy energy inside of himself. The hell pup is soon bathed in holy energy, and that energy slowly spreads out, until it forms a giant, holy, glowing bone sigil on the ground. His allies, who are all bathed in the bone's light, soon hear a divine choir within their ears. Now, with the power of the Holy Bone, there is truly nothing that could stop them now!

quote:

<Hugzilla> Percival is Carefully Creating an Advantage by casting an AOE buff spell
<Hugzilla> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, +---+3 = 1
<Hugzilla> um, so, what's the difficulty? :v
<Yamifenrir> remember to ask for difficulty :p since this isn't directly messing with the enemies
<Hugzilla> yea i should've asked a bit sooner whoops
<Yamifenrir> hmm, the party is kinda spread out so... 2
<Hugzilla> yep spending a FP
<Hugzilla> to give myself a +2

Creating the aspect Blessing of the Golden Bone, which me or an ally can invoke once for free.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2017 around 00:38

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:

Damsel in Distress (1 free invoke)
Blessing of the Golden Bone (1 free invoke)

Consequence Aspects:

Lily - Grappled (1 free invoke)

Mimi

It... doesn't seem that she heard it. Or maybe she doesn't care at all. In fact, you're almost sure she'd ignoring you on purpose. As if you're not worth paying attention to...

Newbee

She backs away from you, using her staffs as a makeshift shield, but obviously it's merely a stick to you.

"W-W-what? I-I-I don't w-w-want anything off you! It's my s-s-sister who does!" she explains. "and I don't think she wants your ribbons..."

Oh, uhm... oops. But hey, at least she's the first to react to you the PROPER WAY. That is, being afraid of you. That's something, right?

Oghrul

"Eep!" she yells out as you tackle her to the ground and then bear hug her. She struggles an awful lot, but given the difference in strength it's ultimately futile. You really can't help but feel sorry for this poor girl. After all, she never really wanted to be part of this, and because her sister agreed to the duel, everyone's just piling onto her. But then again, her spells are hugely dangerous, so it has to be done...

She marks the mild consequence "Grappled"

Blackbone

"KYAAAAA!!" the Star Mage yells out as you threaten her, struggling to get out of Oghrul's grip but to her it's an iron grip.

Her sister... doesn't seem as impressed. "OH FOR FUCKS SAKE LILY!" she yells at her. "How do you keep screwing this up? Just teleport! away!"

"I'm sorry, Deliah!", she yells out panicked. "I told you I'm not good with scary things!"

Lily, as the mage is apparently called, then looks back at you, and sensing your hesitation, she pretty much yelps out a spells name.

"[Realignment]!"

quote:

20:35 Yamifenrir Starmage tries to teleport again (overcome)
20:35 Yamifenrir !r 4df+2
20:35 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, +-//+2 = 2
20:35 Yamifenrir fate pointing that up to a 4

Zanzibar

"Oh come on! Stop these constant distractions! Can't you keep your goddamn lackeys in check!?" she demands, increasingly angry at your success and the lack of her own.

Growling in anger, she jumps back, and sheathes her sword... huh?

Before suddenly bolting forward, an omnious glint in her eyes...

"[Lightning Draw]!!"

Before your eyes, her sword is approaching several times faster than before! Avoiding this one might be hard!

quote:

20:58 Yamifenrir Sword Maiden is going to fail at stabbing a skeleton, again
20:58 Yamifenrir !r 4df+3
20:58 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, -/+++3 = 4
20:58 Yamifenrir Fate pointing that up to a 6. >: )

Missile

Good thing you just cast that buff! Looks like things are getting heated on BOTH fronts...

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2017 around 20:13

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Battle Focus

The sword slashes through the air, piercing Zanzibar's cape at lightning speed. And then it hits air again, as Zanzibar looks on with some amusement (which was rather hard to tell, for his skeletal face was not capable of forming expressions).

"[Cape Feint]", he said dryly, "And [Uncanny Sidestep]."

"Your move selection is fairly good, I must admit", he continued as the two fighters circled each other, "But you still have much to learn. For example, the fact that even good priority moves such as [Lightning Draw] are easily overcome by synergistic abilities combined with each other, even if they are individually weaker. So lesson three: Always spare your powerful moves for after you've ensured your opponent is in no position to negate them with weaker ones. You will never go far as a duelist if you refuse to learn these points."

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar is Flashily Defending against the Swordmaiden!
Theantero: !r 4df+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, ++/-+3 = 4
Theantero: burning 'Taken to School' and OUTPLAYED to make that an 8

"Let me demonstrate."

And so Zanzibar was on the move again, the little talk having allowed [Staggering Blow] to finish its cooldown, immediately to be followed by a shove by his shoulder to compound the staggering effect, the extra second or so affording Zanzibar the exact amount of time he needed to stand back and coat his blade with a greenish hue.

"[Banefire Slash]", he intoned calmly as he brought the blade down upon the Maiden. Sure, it was not a perfectly clean hit, the Maiden just about managed to mount a defense, but had no time to invoke any special moves due to her stagger. And a normal defend was nowhere near good enough to protect against banefire completely.

"You do it as thus", Zanzibar remarked across their crossed blades as licks of Dark-elemental flavored flame gently caressed the girls face.

He stepped back as the banefire around his blade died.

"Now. Give me your best shot."

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar Flashily Attacks the Swordmaiden (getting +2 from Noble Duelist)
Theantero: !r 4df+5
Krysmbot: Theantero, -++-+5 = 5
Yamifenrir: Does the Sword-Maiden (which incidentally has a name now!) dodge?
Yamifenrir: !r 4df+3
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, /+-/+3 = 3

That's 2 shifts of Damage.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Feb 4, 2017 around 20:45

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

As the word “Realignment” comes out of Lily’s mouth, Oghrul brings his head back as he says,

“Can’t let you do that, Star Mage.”

And with that, he slams his forehead into hers, a resounding crack echoing throughout the battlefield. Pain flares for a moment throughout the orc, though he imagines it must be far worse for her. Not the most elegant method of interrupting a spell, but if it worked, it worked.

quote:

<TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Quickly Defending by interrupting Lily's Realignment with a headbutt!
<TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+1
<Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, +--++1 = 1
<TheFireMagi> could I invoke both Grappled and Damsel in Distress?
<Yamifenrir> Hmm, Grapple yes, but damsel in distress no. After all you can't use the hostage as leverage against the hostage
<TheFireMagi> then instead of Damsel, I'll invoke Blessing of the Golden Bone, since I think that's supposed to be an attack buff

Total of +5, meaning Lily’s Overcome fails!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: "You're grounded!", "I'm your worst nightmare!", Ribbons of Awww!

What...? She didn't want my ribbons? I started to sniff, tears coming to my eyes, "What's wrong with my ribbons? Why wouldn't you want the beautiful ribbons the Mistress gave me?" I flew over to where Oghrul held her in place, barely managing to keep it together, and started to flail at the mage. Lily. My limbs whirled and bopped at her barriers, but it was hard to bring my full strength to bear. I could hardly see her through my tears. Nobody seemed to respect how important they were! Mimi always said such hateful things about them and now these humans, too? It was too much!

Attack posted:

11:45 AM <Tricky> Newbee Forcefully flails at the increasingly bullied Lily. :v
11:45 AM <Tricky> !r 4dF+3
11:45 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, -//++3 = 3

11:46 AM <Yamifenrir> Does Lily have protection spells against melee attacks!?
11:46 AM <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
11:46 AM <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, /-+/+3 = 3

The attack is a Tie and generates the boost 'Ribbons of Awww!'

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

How rude! Ignoring a Mimic is a sure way to lose a finger. Hmm, not that Mimi would want one of her nasty fingers. She probably tastes terrible. The words of the mage, Lilly reach her ears. "Not good with scary things" She said. Ha, well Mimi was probably her worst nightmare! Then another sounds reaches her ears.

It's Newbee

Crying.

Mimi feels a rush of satisfaction, 'yeah! Take that you overblown lizar....' the crying continued. The pitiful sobs of someone deeply hurt. Mimi felt a twinge of guilt. Which she tried to smush deep down inside. But she couldn't help but see Newbee flailing weakly. She shifted from foot to foot. Trying to ignore the sound.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" she groaned. Then rushed at the mage. Shifting her body into all kinds of horrible forms.

"Look out Newbee! SHE'S TRYING TO STEAL YOUR RIBBONS!!!" she yelled in warning. It was a total lie, but Mimi was very good at faking things. Diving over Newbee, she gave the ribbon a little tug (to fake the stealing attempt she was 'foiling'), and pushing her (gently) back, 'away' from the attempted theft! Then? Then she just got to gribbling all over the trapped mage. Especially all over her face. Just you try and talk when you've got The Thing trying to give you a kiss! Yeah, it wasn't the most dangerous attack. But it was all about the effect. It was scary and sudden and all in your face! She made a mouth on the other side of her head, so she could yell at Newbee some more. Partly because yelling at her made Mimi feel better, but also to try and get her head back into the game. It was embarrassing seeing her all... mopey like that.

"Newbee! Focus! You're one of Mistresses servants! Would she really want to see you crying like that!!"

- - -
New messages
12:26 AM Mimi will Cleverly Attack Lilly to fake stopping Lilly trying to steal the Ribbons so Newbee will stop being sad.
12:27 AM !r 4df+2
12:27 AM Y<Yamifenrir> thats not how it works lol
12:27 AM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, /-/-+2 = 0

12:28 AM Y<Yamifenrir> Is Lily going accidentally help you with that?
12:28 AM !r 4df+2
12:28 AM K<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, +/--+2 = 1

Going to burn Damsel in Distress for +2. Final result 2

1 shift of damage to Lilly
- - -

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 2 Boost: Shiny Hunter

What is that sound? Is that... Newbee? And she's... crying? Oh, no! If there is one thing Percival cannot stand, it is the sight of an ally and a good friend cry! "How DARE you!" He barks out at the Star Mage, pointing his sword at her, "Do you even realize how important those ribbons are to her!? They were given to her by our great Master, the one and only Lady Midnight! They mean more to her than anything else in this life! You should feel ashamed of yourself for making Newbee cry! Ashamed of your words and deeds!"

Once again, Percival does not realize that he still has the rabbit in his mouth, so the only thing that comes out is a garbled mess of words.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Percival will Cleverly Attack the Star Mage by shaming her (with the rabbit still in his mouth)!
<Hugzilla> !r 4dF+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, +--/+2 = 1
<Yamifenrir> Does the Star Mage have enough problems already?
<Yamifenrir> !r 4DF+2
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, ---/+2 = -1
<Yamifenrir> no, she doesn't apparently
<Hugzilla> haha
<Yamifenrir> also, gently caress those dice
<Yamifenrir> rerolling
<Yamifenrir> using a fate point
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+2
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, +///+2 = 3

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: "You're grounded!", "I'm your worst nightmare!", Ribbons of Awww!

As soon as Mimi yelled and I felt the tug, I leaped backwards. Of course it was just a ploy by that loathesome mage! How could anyone resist the beautiful fabric? The perfect color? I sniffed, wiped my face, and pointed dramatically at the mage, "Your foul plots won't save you! Even if you escape today, I vow that I shall see you fall by my hand!" I think I managed to sound pretty impressive, but it was hard to tell. Mimi was trying to stick Lily's face in her mouth. It was kind of gross, but... Maybe she's not so bad? I knew she was jealous of my ribbons. For, you know, for good reason. But maybe, just maybe, I'd let her borrow them for a bit. Like a minute. Maybe two.

And then Percival started barking! I couldn't tell a word he was saying, what with the increasingly drool-soaked rabbit in his mouth, but he was pointing his sword at the mage. He must have seen her try to steal my ribbons too! I flew back towards him and buried my face in his fur, "Percival...! She's being so mean!"

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate points: 4/3

Oh well that did it. With another spell attempted Blackbone felt his outrage return. He stabbed at Lily's neck with the wooden shaft of his pick. Which was a lot harder with the BLOODY GIBLET MONSTER IN THE WAY.

quote:

<JohnOfOrdo3> Blackbone forcefully attacks Lily
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, ++-/+3 = 4

quote:

<Yamifenrir> Alos, defense roll:
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+2
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, ++//+2 = 4

He just about got it to make contact without hitting the stupid meat trashcan, but the force of the blow was quite negated. He would really have to- Fuckin- Off! Off the pickaxe! LET GO OF THE PICKAXthank you. He staggered back a step as he extracted the pickaxe's blade from some kind of tendril that... Was it making an obscene gesture at him? He thought it was? Nah, should probably take it as a give, it was clear Mimi was out of control. Hadn't he just seen her try to take Newbee's ribbon just now too? Yeah just like her, first she can cast spells and then she tries to steal a prized obsession. Did she have no decency? He brought back his pickaxe and rotated his shoulder. Ready to cast pickaxe again with all the righteous anger he could muster.

Tie Boost: I'll show you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:

Damsel in Distress
Blessing of the Golden Bone

Consequence Aspects:

Lily - Grappled (1 free invoke)

Bully Squad

Lily actually starts crying as you all gang up on her. "No! I never wanted to steal her Ribbon! It's a very nice ribbon but I never wanted them! I never wanted to fight any of you!" she sobs.

Soon after, she stops struggling. "I'm just trying to get away! Will you guys let me go if I don't fight back anymore? ... Please?" Lily pleads.

Lily is giving in if you let her.

Zanzibar

Deliah growls, annoyed. "Fucks sake! You really like the sound of your own voice, don't you?! Stop talking and just die already!"

She swings her sword sideways, far outside of your range, but...

"[Wind Slash!]"

quote:

17:37 Yamifenrir Deliah fails at stabbing Zanzibar, again!
17:37 Yamifenrir !r 4df+3
17:37 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, ++//+3 = 5

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at Feb 6, 2017 around 17:09