Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: -

Zanzibar did not have to think. Not really. He was a seasoned enough fighter that the proper defense here came from the backbone, as he sliced his own blade lengthwise across the incoming windfront, distributing the force behind the attack evenly across the sword, the remainders dissipating into vortices with barely enough energy to flap his cloak.

"Ah", he stated, apparently oblivious to the snide remarks of his opposition (Zanzibar was above participating in such banality), "Wind elemental attacks. A good choice for ranged reach. Perhaps you would have had more luck here if you had combined it with your [Lightning Draw], when I was busy dealing with it and not expecting attacks in Guard Stance?"

Zanzibar sighed. "My advice is good, lady Deliah, and this my wish you would heed. But perhaps you're the type that learns only through example and the pain of failure."

quote:

Theantero: just going to continue as I have, and Defend Flashily
Theantero: !r 4df+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, +/+/+3 = 5
Theantero: So, I'm burning Battle Focus to make that a 7

His cape still flapping slightly from the left-over gusts of the [Wind Slash], Zanzibar stepped in for a counter-attack, begun with the actual move [Counter-Attack] as the Swordmaiden tried to intercept his advance, "Once again...", their blades connected, but Zanzibar's move caused the woman to falter ever slightly, and forcing her to bring her blade heavily down on Zanzibar as he used [Uncanny Sidestep] to move to her left, just so she could balance her stance again. Unfortunately, her step was now too wide to properly correct as Zanzibar used [Cape Feint] to immediately zig-zag back to her right side, and gave her thigh the smallest cut with the tip of his sword, before stepping back, "...you have to learn the power of combinations."

He nodded towards the cut. "[Withering Strike]", he explained, "It's worse than it looks."

He looked at the Star Mage during the brief lull.

"Your sister has already forfeited. And whilst I respect your dedication to the art of the duel, you should heed her wisdom. You have no hope of victory here."

"Surrender, and forfeit to us all your possessions as the price for attacking us, and you may leave with your lives. Costly, yes, but less so than having to pay for your resurrection as well."

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar is going to Flashily Attack the Swordmaiden again with his SWEET MOVES and SWEET STUNR
Theantero: !r 4df+5
Krysmbot: Theantero, +///+5 = 6
Yamifenrir: Sword maiden fails at dodging!
Yamifenrir: !r 4df+3
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, -+/++3 = 4

That's 2 shifts of Damage.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Feb 6, 2017 around 17:22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: "You're grounded!", "I'm your worst nightmare!", Ribbons of Awww!

Once I heard the pitiful mewling of the mage, Lily, I snapped out of my funk. Mimi was right. This was no way for the Mistress's ultimate servant to conduct herself. And the mage? There was no way I would simply allow her to leave after trying to steal my ribbons. Her disinterest earlier had merely been a ploy. Were I a moment slower or Mimi unable to warn me in time... I couldn't bear the thought. I raised my head from Percival's flank, scratched his ears, and stomped towards the girl with a determined look on my face. The ground cracked and buckled beneath me, but I paid it no notice. It seemed that she did, however, as her face spun between various emotions.

As I approached, I shouted, "Mimi! Let's finish her for the glory of the Mistress! Don't be fooled by her tears!"

I slowly curled my claws together into a perfect fist. I didn't have ludicrous amounts of energy filling my body, but somehow, I knew I didn't need it. I was fueled with righteous indignation. This strike would serve to judge the mage and inspire my allies. There was no room for hesitation. No room for tears. No room for mercy. I pulled my fist back and, as Mimi surely danced out of the way, I swung with all the force I could muster. The mage's eyes crossed and went blank for a moment as Ohgrul, despite his size and Percival's potent buffs, was sent sliding back.

My roar split the air, proclaiming the dominance of our dark lady and her champions!

Attack posted:

8:28 AM <Tricky> Alright, yeah, I think Newbee has been sufficiently comforted and is ready to Forcefully finish things with one punch!
8:28 AM <Tricky> !r 4dF+3
8:28 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, +-+-+3 = 3

Newbee is playing for keeps now. Nobody tries to steal her ribbons! Burning her boosts, Grappled, and Drool of the Divine to make that a 13.

8:29 AM <Yamifenrir> Oh no! How how hard is Lily going to get knocked out?
8:29 AM <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+2
8:29 AM <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, +/-/+2 = 2

The attack Succeeds with Style and inflicts 11 shifts of damage. Rest in pieces, poor star mage.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...they shall march out of my laboratory and sweep away every adversary, every creed, every nation, until the very planet is in the loving grip of the Pax Bisonica. And then peace will reign, and the world, and all humanity, shall bow to me in humble gratitude...

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: -

"..."

"......"

Zanzibar sighed.

"Well, I suppose that choice has been made for us, then."

"En Garde."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

Jeeze, Newbee was so easy to play. Ah well, it did have the desired effect. Newbee stopped crying, and practically killed Lilly. Ohhh my god. Mimi at the very least, moved out of the way with all the gracefulness of a ballet dancer. Wincing as the fist hit it's mark.

Lilly wasn't dead... yet. But she might as well help things along. With a little magic, something to drop her defences, let the lich deal the final blow.

- - -

8:22 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Mimi will Cleverly Create an Advantage by casting a defence debuff spell on Lilly
8:23 PM !r 4df+2
8:23 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, ++--+2 = 2

8:23 PM Y<Yamifenrir> Does Lily resist?
8:23 PM !r 4df+2
8:23 PM K<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, ++//+2 = 4

No advantage created

- - -

Hmm, looks like she's still got enough sense to try and null the casting.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid

Fate points: 4/3 Boosts: I'll show you!

Sensing his opportunity as Lily reeled back from Nami's knockout blow, Blackbone darted forward and leaped into the air, his eyes meeting Lily's as he brought his pickaxe down on her, letting the weight do most of the talking. He slammed her into the ground with all the force he could muster to finish her off.

quote:

chopped and chased but posted for prosperity anyway because I'm apparently an oracle.
<JohnOfOrdo3> I see. Still if she goes down then it's all good. Guess I've just got my tie boost. So let's hope I don't roll really poorly.
<JohnOfOrdo3> massive foreshadowing ahead
<JohnOfOrdo3> Blackbone forcefully attempts to flatten the mage with a blow from his pickaxe
<Yamifenrir> makes sense given the fiction, reasonably broad and gives me the final decision on if it fits or not
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, ---/+3 = 0
<ArashiOfOrdo3> That's probably the easiest way to get across what I mean.
<JohnOfOrdo3> well gently caress
<TheFireMagi> oh wow
<JohnOfOrdo3> I called it
<JohnOfOrdo3> I loving called it
<Yamifenrir> Jokes on you, the mage is bouncy! ... Or is she?
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+0
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, //-/+0 = -1
<JohnOfOrdo3> Burn that +2 roll anyway because who the gently caress cares. 1 damage and a boost of Mage slayer for being a good boy

Blackbone rose slowly, shouldered his pickaxe and let loose a roar of victory. He felt good. Take that you two bit mage! He cast pickaxe and it was super effective. Now eat dirt. He was hyped from his victory over the mage, even if he was massively helped by the team, he still cherished it. He examined the staff he'd taken from her again, he would keep this as a trophy. Hopefully she'd have something good to give to the Mistress too. The boss was more a spellcaster anyway, not a spell caster spell caster. Obviously, no the Master would never be caught so low as these scum bags. She was above all that nonsense anyway. He reached down and grabbed hold of Lily's ankle to pull her out of the little crater he'd made. They would need to loot her soon, but for now they were free to enjoy the duelling sceptical

Boost - Mage slayer

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: -

The others failed to heed the ultimatum.

There was no turning back now.

There was a strange sense of trepidation in the air, as if warning of things to come.

The girl charged, but was far too gimped by being Withered to mount an effective offense, Zanzibar merely taking backsteps as he continually swat her blade aside, his back straight and his left hand balled in a fist behind his back. He seemed almost bored.

quote:

Yamifenrir: Here comes her counterattack!
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, --+++3 = 3
Theantero: I defend also with my best label! That is Flashy!
Krysmbot: Theantero, -//++3 = 3
Theantero: I burn the Withered to make that a 5

"Once again you fail to heed my lessons, lady Deliah", he remarked, almost casual in tone, "You are fast, yes, and your moves powerful, but that is not enough. You must pay attention to your conditions also, and seek to inflict them on your foe."

Of course, Zanzibar was far too professional to totally discount a foe even this unworthy, and had been diligently counting the seconds of the Withered status, aligning it with the cooldowns of his other moves just so...

[Uncanny Sidestep]

Zanzibar suddenly changed direction, the still Withered swordmaiden unable to keep up as he pirouetted past her right side, giving her thigh a nasty gash as he went. Once again they stood, positions reversed. Zanzibar flicked his sword downward in a swift motion to remove the excess droplets of blood before lifting it in front of himself once more.

"You must learn. Or you will never succeed."

quote:

Theantero: well, here's my Flashy Stunt Attack!
Krysmbot: Theantero, -/-++5 = 4
Yamifenrir !r 4df+3
She marks the 1 Stress box

And perhaps it was, that at that moment something snapped in the mind of the maiden. Perhaps she was tired of being humiliated like this? Perhaps she had actually managed to learn something. It was hard to say for certain. But what one can say for certain is that Zanzibar did not expect what came next.

[Lightning Draw]

Zanzibar was expecting this, naturally, a [Cape Feint] was enough to misdirect the lonely blow for he had seen it coming, the [Swordmaiden's Lunge] that followed was a bit more surprising, but it had been her opening move, so not that much of a surprise, even if Zanzibar had almost given up hope of the girl actually knowing how to combine attacks. A [Pass Backward] took care of that, Zanzibar moving an equal distance as the girl during her lunge. It was the final [Wind Slash] that was surprising, for continuing the move from a failed lunge took considerable skill.

No matter.

He'd just-

[Uncanny Sidestep] was on cooldown still.

Zanzibar's plate groaned as the slash opened a wide gash in it, reaching diagonally across the breastplate. But the girl was relentless, pressing on for a further strike. And perhaps she would have succeeded too, if Zanzibar was not suddenly there anymore. The skeleton had transformed into a cloud of gray mist, that slithered to the back of the girl, before reconstituting itself.

A moment of shocked silence.

Then Zanzibar laughed. A deep, almost good-natured sort of laugh.

"Ah! You're learning!"

quote:

Yamifenrir: alright, Round two FOR REAL EXCEPT NOT REALLY
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, /+-++3 = 4
Yamifenrir: Fate pointing that to a +6, as Deliah finally manages to exploit your hubris!
Theantero: I'm burning the Invoke I have on the Injury to reroll
Krysmbot: Theantero, +---+3 = 1
Theantero: Burning the Invoke I have on my cool swerd to make that a 3
Marking 3 Stress

"But there is more to dueling than offense. You've demonstrated an ability to strike when given priority, but can you defend against the same?"

Zanzibar lunged, the girl sidestepped. Zanzibar followed through with a quick flurry of strikes, the girl parrying and keeping her distance. She was not letting Zanzibar close in like last time. After a while, Zanzibar stepped back, and nodded in what might almost be surmised to be approval.

"Good."

"I suppose I shall have to start taking you seriously now."

quote:

Theantero: Heh. Nice try kid, but you'll need more than that to beat me *Flashily and Stuntily Unsheathes Katana*
Krysmbot: Theantero, /-/-+5 = 3
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, /++-+3 = 4

The fighters eyed each other for a moment that seemed far longer than it actually was.

"Shut up", the girl finally growled.

Zanzibar would have raised an eyebrow if he had them. "Excuse m-" "JUST! SHUT! UP!" the girl was practically screaming now as she pressed her assault with renewed vigor. Gone was the former grace, in was a furious assault. And Zanzibar, to his dismay, found himself unable to properly penetrate her flailing defense, momentarily taken off guard by the sudden change in her fighting style. And he was rapidly running out of defensive moves, and he'd rather not rely on base defense actions against a two-handed heavy hitter like her katana. But no matter. He knew this sort of fighting style was not sustainable. Sooner, rather than later, she couldn't help but sport an openi- ah, there it was. She had overwrough her strike, and was now nearly doubled over, with her blade embedded in the dirt. A [Guard Breaker] would open her up nicely, and he could get this whole thing over with.

But then something happened. Again. Whether due to dumb luck, a momentary visit to 'The Zone', or just some lucky button pummeling on the player's part, the swordmaiden's defend was timed perfectly, to the frame, synced to the [Guard Breaker], an effect known as a Perfect Parry. Usually nothing much more than a nice negated attack and a brief half-second stagger on the attacker. But in this situation, combined with all the other events that had transpired, it transformed into something terrible. For in that moment, Zanzibar was defenseless, with the sword of his foe below him.

The girl's [Underarm Whirlwind] removed the blade from the dirt, sending pebbles flying as she swung it in a wide vertical arc, swinging it high above her shoulder and bringing its entire bulk to her other side as she turned to follow its trajectory. This was why it was a risky move, too, for while it was fairly strong, it made you turn around, which was usually bad in a fight like this. She half expected to be pierced through the spine.

But the attack never came. Instead there was a thump, followed by a clatter, as Zanzibar's right arm, cut clean through the shoulder and swung into the air by the [Underarm Whirlwind] hit the ground, followed by the Mist Sword.

Zanzibar looked on in brief bewilderment.

"..."

"Impressive."

Zanzibar gains Severe Moderate Consequence: "Unarmed!"
Deliah gains Boost:"Coming back from the brink"

quote:

Theantero: so go ahead, make your own attack
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +++++3 = 7
Theantero: Burning fate to Reroll
Krysmbot: Theantero, +--/+3 = 2
Taking Major consequence
Taking Moderate Consequence and 1 Stress box because I am stupid and forget the rules

quote:

Theantero: attacking with my Flashy Stunt
Krysmbot: Theantero, +-+++5 = 7
Yamifenrir: I ACTIVATE MY TRUMP CARD
Yamifenrir: Deliah gets a boost, "Coming back from the brink"

quote:

Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, -//++3 = 3
Theantero: right
Theantero: Defend yourself, Zanzibar! Flashily!
Krysmbot: Theantero, +/-++3 = 4

The girl did not deign to answer, merely moving in on an attempt to finish off her crippled foe.

"Impressive", Zanzibar repeated, "But you have much to learn still", she continued her advance "Sudden changes in the tide of battle, just like this, are the reason you never reveal all your tricks at once."

"For example", with a deft kick, Zanzibar threw the Mist Sword high into the air, and caught it with his remaining hand. He continued this to an extremely fast strike at the girl. Far faster, defter than before. The girl barely had the time to block.

"I'm left handed", he whispered through locked blades.

And so, their battle continued with renewed vigor, both sides struggling for advantage

Zanzibar gains Boost: Fortunately for me I'm not Right Handed
Deliah gains Boost: "Relentless Assault"
Zanzibar gains Boost: "One hander"

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar, use your Flashy Murderstunt
Krysmbot: Theantero, ---++5 = 3
Yamifenrir: Deliah skillfully dodges!
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, /+/-+3 = 3

quote:

Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, /--/+3 = 1
Theantero: Defend urself with Flash!
Krysmbot: Theantero, +/-++3 = 4
Yamifenrir: I spend a fate point to reroll my defense
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +-/++3 = 4
Yamifenrir: Hmm, I'll take the boost "relentless assult"

quote:

Theantero: Flashy stunt attack etc
Krysmbot: Theantero, ++/-+5 = 6
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, /++-+3 = 4
Yamifenrir: using the boost to match that defense

quote:

Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, /+//+3 = 4
Theantero: Defend, Flash
Krysmbot: Theantero, +++-+3 = 5

But such it was, that in elongated fights such as this, true mettle of fighters was measured. For the laws of probability dictated that reliability and higher skill counted more in protracted combat than strokes of luck. And so it was here too, for even without his other arm, Zanzibar was the superior duelist, and it was only a matter of time before the girl misstepped. Wasn't quite fast enough with the blade. And that was the moment when Zanzibar's [Lunge] pierced her defense. And her lung.

Certainly it was an attack that left him open, and the girl did indeed take advantage by cutting off a rib or two, but Zanzibar was still the clear victor of this one particular bout. He picked them up and put them in a little pouch beside his belt as they circled one another.

Had he lips, he would have smiled.

This was starting to seem like real combat. Against a real foe. Someone of worth to fight against for her Mistress.

This was what he lived for.

Deliah gains Major Consequence: Sucking Chest Wound
Zanzibar gains Boost: "In his Element"

quote:

Theantero: Well, eat my SPECIAL ATTACK! SPIRIT +5 STUNT FLASH ATTACK BOMB
Krysmbot: Theantero, ++/-+5 = 6
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +-+++3 = 5
Yamifenrir: fate pointing that up.
Theantero: Using my boost to up that
Yamifenrir: and with that hit she marks a severe consequence

quote:

Yamifenrir: but is she gonna go out in a blaze of glory?
Theantero: Zanzibar, Defend
Theantero: Flashily
Krysmbot: Theantero, -/-/+3 = 1
Yamifenrir: fate pointu!
Theantero: me too
Marking 2 Stress Box

quote:

Theantero: the final strike: very flashy
Krysmbot: Theantero, +--/+5 = 4
Theantero: or perhaps not???
Yamifenrir: the final dodge: very quickly
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +-/++3 = 4

quote:

Yamifenrir: The final final counterattack!
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +-+++3 = 5
Theantero: Defend urself! With flash, again
Krysmbot: Theantero, //+++3 = 5
Theantero: burning my thingy
Theantero: to make that a

quote:

Theantero: Is this the FINAL final Flashy Stunt Attack???? The World Wonders
Krysmbot: Theantero, /--++5 = 4
Theantero: goddamn
Yamifenrir: The final final final dodge!
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, //+++3 = 5

The combat was fierce. It was elegant. And Zanzibar was getting into it with gusto. Every move planned perfectly. Every move as if a step in an elaborate dance. Indeed, as they dogged, thrust and weaved across each other, Zanzibar could almost visualize them both in a ballroom, dancing a waltz to the tune of an orchestra. And the way this girl was starting to prove herself, he was beginning to not be so opposed at all to taking her hand for a little dance.

The lights in his eyes flickered as the katana sliced across his face, his precise movements meaning he lost but a few slivers from his cheekbone rather than his head. He laughed.

Zanzibar gains Minor Conesquence: "My beautiful facebones!"
Zanzibar gains boost: The Dance of Battle

quote:

Yamifenrir: The final final final final coutnerattack!
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +++-+3 = 5
Theantero: DOODGE
Theantero: WITH FLAASH
Krysmbot: Theantero, --+++3 = 3
Marking Minor Consequence

quote:

Theantero: I activate my special Flashy Stunt Attack move: [Just Die Already]
Krysmbot: Theantero, /-//+5 = 4
Theantero: !!!
HugzillaPhone: this really is a dbz episode
Yamifenrir: The final final final final final dodge!
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +/-++3 = 4

quote:

Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, -+-/+3 = 2
Theantero: Defend yourself Zanzibar
Krysmbot: Theantero, ---/+3 = 0
TheFireMagi WELP
Theantero: rerolling that with my Boost
Krysmbot: Theantero, /+-++3 = 4

But alas, all good things must come to an end.

"Now I must say", Zanzibar remarked to the panting girl, exhausted by the prolonged bit of combat, bits of banefire clinging to her sleeves and skin, "That I've not been so challenged in quite some time! You have far more promise it seems than I initially thought you did. I apologize sincerely for taking you so lightly."

"Alas, I must now leave you now. My Mistress awaits, and this a poor servant that lets their liege wait."

Always leave your best moves for when your opponent cannot readily defend against them. And just looking at her (and her human Stamine levels), it was clear she was not in the position to mount a major defense anymore. Or an offense.

Zanzibar was upon her in a flash, running past her in a [Dead Man's Flčche].

There was no response. No counter-attack.

The girl's head merely rolled smoothly off her shoulders.

quote:

Krysmbot: Theantero, //+-+3
Yamifenrir: THE FINAL! (x7) dodge
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, ///-+3 = 2
Yamifenrir: Finally

Zanzibar looked upon the cooling corpse of the girl, in thought. He stood still, rigid and silent, as if honoring the fallen. Eventually he kneeled, and ran his fingers across her eyelids to close them. He also picked her sword, and rose back up.

"Thank you", he finally stated, "That was the most alive I've felt in a long time."

"Until we meet again."

He bowed to the corpse, threw his cape over this right shoulder to hide his severed arm, turned around, and started the walk back home.

TL;DR: I kill the girl and have ticked all Stress boxes and the following Consequences at the end of combat: Minor: "My Beautiful Facebones" and Moderate: "Unarmed!"

Taking the sword, leaving the rest of the looting to the team since I didn't feel it dramatically appropriate for Zanzibar to go full Vulture on her after all that.

Theantero fucked around with this message at Feb 8, 2017 around 09:31

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

"Wooo! Go Zanzi!" Mimi yelled, she strolled over to the cooling body of the sword maiden. Starting to work on taking that expensive Kemono. "Yonk! Oh, she is going to hate me. Ohhh! Newbee! Next time we run into them, we need to be wearing these! Hahahahaha!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: None!

As Mimi got to work on removing the other girl's kimono, I was already dressed up in Lily's fancy star dress and busy spinning around. It had been a little short on her, but it was the perfect length for me. It even had neat ribbon sleeves! Oh, this was so wonderful. Now everyone would see how great the Mistress and her servants were! I could see my ribbons and my new dress's sleeves twirling and bouncing as I jumped up and down. I couldn't wait to show the Mistress! She'd surely give me many compliments on how good I looked in it!

I laughed at Mimi's suggestion, "Oh, yes! That'll show them for trying to mess with my ribbons!"

I was curious what other treasures the two humans were carrying, of course, but it was only polite to share the spoils with the others. I may have been instrumental in defeating the foul magic user, but was the greatest of the Mistress's servants not known for being the most magnanimous as well?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Everyone

Well, that was exciting! Zanzibar is a bit beat up but other than that, you're largely unharmed. And more importantly, LOOT!

Lots of loot. Turns out, between them they had a lot of stuff in their inventory. You're a bit confused as to how the hell they carried all this, considering neither clothes had a lot of pockets, but still.

Apart from the clothes already looted, you find:

- a simple staff (Lily's, to be precise)
- a well-maintained katana (guess whose it was)
- a ruby-encrusted ring
- a ring with a cloud symbol on it
- a non-descript amulet
- a piece of chainmail (... wut?)
- a warhammer (???)
- a piece of leather chest armor
- 40 carrots (???????)
- a total of 300 gold pieces
- 8 unidentified scrolls

... okay, seriously, where were they keeping all this stuff? It will forever remain a mystery.

Regardless, none of this stuff is identified, other than the dress Newbee so carelessly put on. Also, the carrots reminded you of the golden rabbit. Maybe you should... give it a bath. And carry it with your HANDS.

But hey, at least you got a bunch of food for it now.

Well, time to decide what to do with all this loot and then head back! Preferably before more competent adventurers try to kill you.

Tricky

The dress you're wearing doesn't fit properly onto your wings, so you had to fold them in to put it on. But hey, it looks really good on you!

As you equipped it, you become aware of it's properties. It doesn't have much armor value to speak of, but it allows you to teleport at-will, scaling with your ability to cast spells. Unfortunately, for you that means roughly once a day.

Oh, and it's cursed and doesn't come off.

Whoops.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Zanzibar continued walking, merely stopping to pick up his severed arm as he walked past it.

"I suggest the rest of you learn by example", he said calmly, "And not don magical items before identification. Less so because of what might happen to you, but because it means the Mistress will lose the chance to assign the items as she deems fit. For make no mistake, all things here belong to her, and not to us."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I paid Zanzibar little attention as I bounced along with the group. Sure, I couldn't fly with the dress on. Sure, I couldn't take it off either. Who cares! It was so pretty! He was just jealous that I had ribbons and a dress. What did he know, anyways? He couldn't even beat up a little girl without getting his arm cut off. Fat lot of good that fancy sword did him! The mistress might as well just give it back to Percival.

Ribbons twirled through the air as I skipped over to Percival. He was such a good comrade! Truly, the Mistress had struck gold when she brought him into being. I rubbed his ears and told him the magic words of the Doges, "Percival, you are such a good boy! Thank you for... For earlier. With her."

Still, I did wonder. Was the Mistress going to want my dress...? It was so pretty. I mean, I guess I could give it up for the glory of our Mistress. If I had to. Wait, could she even remove curses? Obviously she was fantastically powerful, but I hadn't seen her do that before. It seemed that I'd at least get to enjoy it until we came up with a scroll of Remove Curse.

...It was probably one of those scrolls we found.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Speaking of scrolls. Blackbone stuffed another one into his handy ribs, pulling out another to examine the seal without opening them. As a lich he felt he should be able to know at least something about it, beyond that it probably contained a spell. He was sure there should be some way to tell them apart, but they all appeared exactly the same, no marker on the outside beyond the nub of wax keeping each sealed. He sighed and replaced it. He'd probably have to ask Oghrul about it later on the down low and hope the ork could shed some light on these. He was sure there was a lot of useful things in those books of his, but he was on warning for covering one in his dusty soil covered finger bone prints and he had little want to make a scene. He reached to his back where he'd tied on Lily's staff with some scraps of cloth, touching it gingerly, just to make sure he still had it.

"Wonder what our servants have got up to while we've been gone? Five to one says the place is in shambles except the throne room which will be in pristine condition and the Master won't know a thing while we're sweating bullets."

He looked sidelong at Zanzibar.

"By the way Zanzibar, I think you should come down and visit the markets. I'm sure you'd appreciate it. After all, it's basically one big second hand shop! HA!"

He laughed to himself, feeling more at ease each step they got closer to the comforting roof of the underground.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

"Not a bad little haul." Mimi said, scooping stuff into her vast cavernous maw, including the Kemono (though that she placed carefully). Made things a lot easier then carrying them. "Ohhh, carrots! Super tasty!" She riffled a little further. Ohhh, scrolls! Those will be super useful for the Mistress! Nice, nice! That pair were going to be pissed at all the loot they'd just nabbed! Maybe Mimi would even leave some of it out, lure them in and bite their legs off. Hehehehe.

Newbee seemed very proud of her terrible dress, not a surprise, she did have terrible taste. Undoubtedly the thing would get torn to ribbons first time she tried to fight in it. But that was nether here nor there. She was just relieved the overgrown lizard had stopped sobbing. Mimi didn't really know how she felt about it all. Was it some kind of irritation that had made her try to stop the dragon crying? Or had she done it because she didn't like seeing Newbee cry? She didn't know, and it annoyed her. Did she hate the dragon because she egotistically jostled with her for the top spot? (When Mimi was obviously already the winner) Or was it because she felt physically threatened by what she would one day become?

Ugh, these questions were just complicated and messy. What she really needed right now, was to eat something.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Zanzibar nodded as Blackbone spoke.

"A wise idea, sir Blackbone. My breastplate requires repairs as is, and my clothes tailoring. A visit to the market would thus be rather sensible."

Other than that, he made no remarks in particular as he continued on.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

"Well that's Zanzibar for you. Always ready to deadpan. Haha!"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Fate Points: 3 | Free Invokes:

Body still aching from the feedback from Newbee’s final punch, Oghrul shook his head as the dragon whelp donned her new dress and started to bounce about the place. That one made no sense to him at all, no matter how hard he tried to understand (which admittedly, wasn’t very hard.) Furious one moment, crying the next, and now overjoyed. Then Blackbone spoke, and the orc couldn’t help but groan, both at his thoughts about the servants and the terrible pun that he had made. At least the Baron hadn’t seemed to notice.

“...Repairs. Right. And don’t remind me about our servants, Blackbone. I shudder to imagine what state they’ve left the Archives in. Damnable goblins…”

Grumbling to himself, Oghrul picked up the warhammer and chainmail before Mimi could swallow them up, weighing the equipment in his hands. What the duo were doing with ill suited equipment like this, he wasn’t sure, but he wasn’t going to complain either. Never hurt to keep spare weapons and armors around, just in case.

“If we’re done here, let’s get a move on. Hate leaving the Chief without one of us close by for long.”

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 2 Boost: Shiny Hunter

Now that the fight is finally over, Percival breathes a sigh of relief. Or at least, he would, if he still didn't have the rabbit in his mouth. He's glad that they can return to his master, and that his good friend Newbee is feeling better, and she is looking splendid in her new dress! His ears perk up, and his tail starts wagging back and forth as Newbee rubs his ears, and gives him those words he always loves to hear. "You are most welcome my- oh!" At this point, Percival -finally- realizes how long he's held the rabbit in his maw, and spits it out, choosing to carry the incredibly wet rabbit by paw. "You are most welcome, my friend! And might I say, you look most stunning!" He says, in a clear voice this time. He licks Newbee on her cheek affectionately.

"Oghrul is right, we've kept the master waiting for far too long," Percival runs up ahead of the team, and points his sword at the direction of the tower, while holding the sopping wet rabbit on his other hand, "Onward, friends! Back to the master we go!" He charges forward, as he usually does, leaving the rest of them behind to try and catch up with him.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

After giving the poor Rabbit a bit of a bath in a river on the way back, you make your way back to the tower. Before you head to sleep or back to work (depending on how alive you are, of course), one of you puts together a cage for the Golden Rabbit while the rests deposits all of the loot on a set of table in the Inner Sanctum.

The next morning...

Seeing as it's only sensible to report a task well done, you all await the Lady in the Inner Sanctum. You've figured out the time she usually wakes up by now, so you're already standing by as she leaves her quarters.

"Good morning to you all!" she greets you warmly, albeit clearly still a bit drowsy. ... Come to think of it, don't vampires usually sleep in the day? Oh well, there surely is a reason for this. Regardless, it takes her a moment to notice all of the loot you have brought back home - and the golden rabbit, which is soundly sleeping in its cage, seemingly haven given up trying to escape it.

She continues staring at the loot for a second, before turning back. "Amazing work! ... Uhm, where did you get all this? Did you clear a dungeon...?" she wonders, before seemingly staring into space for a second. "Oh! I leveled up thanks to your hard work! That's amazing! ... Oh, right. The bear flanks. Let's see..."

Her hand glows briefely, and all 20 of the bear flanks disappear, seemingly in this air. In their place appears a rather delicious looking meal.... huh?

"Oh, wow. That gave me another level. Hmm, let's see here... we've got a bunch of loot so an appraisal spell would really help." she mutters to herself. After a moment, she briefly glows light blue. "Alright, I now have two levels in Arcane Crafter. I can appraise three items per day with this. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should appraise first?"

Note: This is a Minor Milestone!

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Blackbone steps forward and bows in greeting. Taking a moment while bowed to glance at the simple staff.

"Well my Master, funny story. We were out heroically gathering those bear hides when we were unjustly attacked by two heroes. A sword maiden by the name of... uhh..."

Blackbone taps his chin and stares off to the side

"Dead-lia-la? Something like that.. and a FILTHY star mage called Lily."

Blackbone attempts to spit on the ground, the motion is so convincing you could swear you hear it.

"They attempted to attack us and steal our equipment and items. So we went to task because in attacking us, your servants, they may as well have attacked you yourself. In an epic battle that will be shared by the local wildlife for the ages to come, we defeated them. Zanzibar! Oh you should have seen him. Single handily duelled the sword maiden and bested her for your honour. Meanwhile Ogrhul locked down the mage with a bear hug and Newbee knocked her out of a tree! It was very impressive. So most of this stuff was theirs. Oh and the dresses that Newbee and Mimi are wearing were the former clothes of our foes."

He gestured to the two of them and their new duds.

"Meanwhile Percival single handily caught the gold rabbit. With his teeth."

He leaned forward and held up his hand to whisper conspiratorially.

"Though I would wash that rabbit before touching it Master, might still be a bit... drool-ly. I mean we did bathe it. But you know..."

He leaned back and clapped his hands

"Other than that, I was wondering Master, is there any way to tell what these scrolls are without opening them? We thought they might be spell scrolls, but I cannot see a mark or any way to tell them apart. Oh but don't use one of your appraisals if you have to! I means, that would be kind of a waste when everything else looks pretty cool. Maybe one of the rings? I bet the ruby one would go well with your eyes."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 2/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: Unarmed (Moderate)

Zanzibar bowed deep for his Mistress.

"Indeed, this as Sir Blackbone says. We have completed the task asked of us, and punished a pair of self-described heroines that dared bring insult to your honor. They have been thoroughly chastised for their hubris, their possessions taken, now all rightly yours, my lady."

He straightened his back again.

"As for suggestion, I believe the Warhammer might hold utility, for Sir Skullbasher is a premier frontline combatant of our troupe, and an upgrade in weaponry for him would be a welcome addition to our combined potency. The rings, too, are a good choice for appraisal, for jewellery is known to often hold powerful enchantment."

As for the Minor Milestone, I'm reducing my Refresh by one to take another stunt: "Master Fencer: +2 to Flashily Defend when being attacked by a lone aggressor", as Zanzibar hones his ability with the sword further.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Hearing Blackbone and the Baron summarize their recent exploits, Oghrul gave his usual salute as he stepped forward to say his part.

“Well, it’s more or less as they said, Chief. Got the job done, with a few extra finds on the side. As for the equipment, I must advise the jewelry as well. Their effects aside, they’re the main pieces of loot that’d suit you, Chief. Other than the staff, that is, but judging by how plain it is, I doubt it’s an artifact of any note.”

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

"Hmmmm, I'd say check the rings first. They tend to be pretty nice. I'd like to know if this dress'll do bad things if I put it on. But that can wait. At least until we've got a better idea of what the other stuff does!" Mimi adds.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I was content to quietly bounce up and down on my feet, ribbons and sleeves and dress bouncing with me, as the others proclaimed our mighty deeds to our majestic Dark Lady. I mean, yes, I had been instrumental in the fight with the bears and the mage. I hadn't even gotten an arm chopped off like someone in the room. Nothing to be ashamed of from my performance! Yet, even so, I was worried. What if she wanted the dress...? I'd give it to her, of course, without any complaint. I just... I really liked it. I wanted it. Everyone else got swords or shields or hammers or whatever and I just wanted a dress. Wasn't that fair? As the conversation turned towards our new equipment, I stepped forward.

I bowed deeply to the Mistress, the material of the dress brushing lightly against the floor, "Yes, Mistress, this is all yours. This dress provides the ability to move through space a limited number of times per day. I would gladly remove it and surrender it to you for your personal use, but I regret to say that it is cursed and... I can't take it off." I smiled shyly at her. "If it pleases you, may I keep it? I'd just need a few holes for my wings and..." I blushed. Was I asking too much? I wasn't, right? I was the most valuable of all the servants. It was only just.

Minor Milestone: Exchanging Tiny Threat for Draconic Dragoon (+2 to Quickly Attack when diving from above).

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 2 Boost:

Percival gets on one knee, and bows to his master.

"It is as they say, Master. We have gathered the flanks, defeated those who dare insult your name, and returned to with the golden rabbit you desired. I, Percival, your loyal hound, made it my personal duty to never let go of the rabbit, not until we have returned to you with it!" His bow deepens, "I hope this all pleases you, master." He would never say it out loud, but Percival hopes that this will be enough for his master to give him scritches. Maybe... she'll be happy enough to give him a belly rub?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

Lady Midnight absentmindedly scritches Missile as she looks at Newbee.

"Oh no! Feel free to keep it for the time being. That ability might be useful to you. I kind of prefer how my current dress looks. It's a bit... warmer. ... Hmm, what to do about the curse, though? Oh, well, until we get something to replace it it might not be as much of a problem if you can't remove it. But don't damage it, Newbee! That's really important. It takes a skilled crafter to alter magical equipment without destroying the enchantment! ... Unfortunately I don't think we have one of them here. I suppose we should keep an eye out for a scroll of remove curse." she orders. "So the hammer and the rings? Alright, let's have a look..."

Lady Midnight extends her free hand towards the first ring, with the cloud symbol. "This one is an uncursed ring of flight. Newbee, take this one until we get the dress uncursed."

Second on the list, she investigates the second ring. "This one is a ring of protection. Missile, you take this one." she orders.

"And this... oh dear. This one is a cursed Warhammer of Might. Oghrul, what's your opinion on this? Would you want to use it regardless?" Lady Midnight inquires. "I'll give you some time to think on it. In the meantime, I'm thinking of going to raid a dungeon today. Do you have any suggestions? ... Oh, I just realized something."

Her hand briefly glows, and you all feel really strange for a moment. "Our dungeon leveled up, it seems. We now have Guardian Echoes, so the tower won't be defenseless if we are abstent."

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

"I bet Oghrul has a few dungeons mapped in that library of his. Anything come to mind? I'm happy to go somewhere without many flying things. They tend to be a bit difficult for most of us to hit them. I suppose there's also a few of the more obvious places, Like the Aquatic Bastion...

"or maybe Deathtrap Glen, that one filled with those stupidly powerful petting zoo creatures on steroids. But they're kinda well trodden if even I've heard of them."

Blackbone clicked his fingers as a thought occurs

"Oh, I remember hearing about this one called the Massacre-ade Ball, lots of vampires, illusions and dancing. Pretty sure it's not commonly gone to since it's out of the way, but maybe there might be some vampire only items there for you Master!"

JohnOfOrdo3 fucked around with this message at Feb 12, 2017 around 16:05

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

My face lit up as the Mistress spoke and I bounced up to get the Ring of Flight. I slipped it onto a claw and could feel my feet rise a few inches off of the ground. She wasn't angry! She didn't want my dress! And, best of all, she gave me a gift! This had already been such a good day and we might get to escort the Mistress through a perilous dungeon? Could I ask for anything more? When she mentioned Guardian Echoes, I thought down to the coliseum below. Would that mean that if I went down there, I could see myself in all of this beautiful new gear?

I looked back over at Blackbone, "The Massacre-ade Ball sounds promising! What better spot to secure items for the glory of our Mistress? And, you know," I smiled shyly, "It might be fun to go to a dance like that."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 2/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: Unarmed (Moderate)

Zanzibar nodded solemnly.

"The Massacre-ade Ball is indeed a venerable sort of locale, most certainly worthy of your presence."

Too bad he was missing an arm, Zanzibar thought grimly. Well, it ought to be strong enough for a dance even freshly reattached, even if it would take some time for the necromantic energies animating it to reassemble themselves enough for it to be combat capable.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

“No need to think on it, Chief. If it’ll give me an edge on the battlefield, I’ll shoulder whatever curse that Warhammer of Might has to offer.”

It was a blunt statement, but what else was there to say? It was his role, his duty to throw himself into the frontlines, and anything that assisted him in that was welcome. Still, he couldn’t help but wonder even further what the duo were doing carrying this thing around. Were they intending on selling it, or…? Well, it hardly mattered now. Oghrul nodded as Blackbone addressed him, and said,

“Dungeon maps, is it? Yeah, the Archives has a few of those stored around, but I’d need some time to go find them again. Off the top of my head though, I seem to recall reading about a Waveward Cove. Supposedly, it’s the hideout of a band of notorious pirates, and their ill-gotten treasure. No flyers, least as far as I remember, but there’s plenty of merfolk, sirens, and other troublesome creatures of the sea. Plus, well, ghost pirates.”

Clearing his throat, Oghrul added,

“You’ll hear no complaints if we head off to the Massacre-ade Ball, Chief, but don’t ask me to dance. I’m an orc of many talents, but dancing's not one of them.”

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 2 Boost:

"Thank you, master! You are too, too king!" Barks Percival, like the excited little pup he is. Scritches! Wonder scritches! And his master was kind enough to offer him a prize! Oh, what a joyous day this is! Percival slips on the ring of protection, and already he can feel the effects of the ring working. He feels like he can take on a hundred bears for his master! Well, not a hundred. More like, twenty, maybe. Ten at the max.

"If the majority wish to go to the Massacre-ade Ball, then that is where we shall go. You will hear no complaints from I!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

"Well, sounds like the perfect place for me. Because everyone is going to be in disguise!" Mimi quips, producing a ball mask and holding it in front of her face. She liked dancing, and this place sounded like her playground. Sure, the mistress didn't give her anything. But there was always next time. Maybe she'd get even better stuff then everyone else because she had to wait! She shoved the seething ball of envy deep down. She better be shown the respect that she'd earned. Otherwise the others might find her increasingly snappy.

Snap snap.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

"Sure! That does sound like a pretty good idea. Let's go there, then." Lady Midnight replies, summoning her umbrella out of seemingly nowhere.

---

Two hours later, you all arrive at the ball. It seems you arrived at the "dance" part of the dungeon, and the "murder" part is yet to happen. Still, that gives you some time to have fun, and figure out who the dungeon bosses are this time around!

Everyone, what do you do to pass the time until the actual fighting happens?

Also, make up a dungeon boss for you to fight later!

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Blackbone turned to Lady Midnight

"Fancy a drink? I think they have a buffet over there."

Without waiting for an answer he plunges away into the crowd. Everyone here seemed so fancy and bright. Even the light seemed rich. He fingered his scruffy, dirty shirt. He'd have to blend in. Maybe get some new rags for himself. And a mask. AND a hat. A big one. With fruit on it. Hey you only live once.

He heard them before he saw them, they were tuning up. Strings squealed and trumpets wheezed, he could swear he even hear a tiny, somehow out of tune, triangle in the midst of it. The Eternal Orchestra

An eclectic collection of instruments and people, like they were picked up from different times and places. Some looked like they'd been here for quite some time. Others looked fresh. A few ghostly violin players danced above the throng, awaiting the next song to start.

Blackbone turned and leaned against the table, watching the Orchestra watch the room.

"I'll have drink. Something hard, on the rocks. Oh and one of them little umbrella with an olive on it."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 2/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: Arm unfit for battle (Moderate)

As a skeleton of noble heritage, Zanzibar was very much in his element at the ball, making polite, light conversation amidst sips of wine, whilst still being careful to never leave the side of his mistress unless specifically excused to do so (he was her champion, after all, it would have been extremely poor form to leave by himself).

"Mistress", Zanzibar leaned in to say, "In case you were not aware, the entertainment routine of the ball is most of the time related to the guardian that guards the treasures. The presence of The Eternal Orchestra would imply that The Conductor is present also."

"He is a Bard, specializing in group buffs and area effects in particular. I..." Zanzibar's mood darkened just the tiniest bit, as hope left his skeletal being. He let none of it to show, of course. "...advice you to caution, Mistress."

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3

The party was lovely. Charming even. With a subtle undercurrent of violence. Or was that violins? Hard to say, to Mimi, both of them sounded like screaming. Mimi knew a little bit about this place. And was pretty sure that once they sorted out that orchestra, they'd have to go to the basement for some refreshments.

And while they were down there, tangle with the Wine Seller

A mimic that got drunk on all the wine, it's disguise is terrible, but it's size is huge and it doesn't feel much pain. It was far to drunk to shape shift adiquately, but it hunted by attacking with the near limitless alcohol it held. Stupifying it's prey and pickling them in spirits.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 3 Boost:

Percival is not exactly in what you would call a "partying mood." He had no problems with the music, or the ball itself. What he DID have a problem with, is people coming up to him, and petting him without his or his master's permission! The people in the ball would stride up to him, and say things like "Aw! What a cute doggie!" or "Who's a good boy?" and then they would dare to touch him! Only the master (and maybe also Newbie) are allowed to pet him and/or give him scritches! Do they not realize that he is a HELLhound, and a mighty warrior!? Do they not know of all his accomplishments for his master!? They should be treating him with respect, not like a... a... common house pet!

That was not the only reason for his foul mood. Percival found out there is another who wishes to take the treasure for themselves, and that person is someone who the young pup wished he never had to see ever again, and that person is none other than...

The dread pirate, Cap'n Blackclaw!

Percival has had dealings with Blackclaw before, and none of them were good. Blackclaw is a greedy man with no honor! He will cheat, lie, and deceive his way to victory, and if that doesn't work, then he will use his special array of magic trinkets, all of which he stole, to give himself the upper hand in a fight. If he is here for the treasure, and he most certainly is, then that means that Percival must once again face his dreaded rival.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at Feb 21, 2017 around 17:34

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

My eyes were wide with wonder as I flitted about above the dance floor. The Ring of Flight that the Mistress had so graciously bestowed on me didn't provoke quite the same level of dramatic awe as my mighty wings, but it did allow me to fully enjoy the ball in my beautiful new dress. It was so much fun! There were so many people dancing and the music and the food was so tasty. The Mistress said I wasn't allowed to have any of the wine when I asked, though, and then this... this... nasty woman made fun of me!

The Dark Beauty, Lavona

She said this was an event for adults and that children like me weren't welcome here. Which, first off, I am not a child. I'm a mighty dragon! Even if the Mistress says I'm too young to drink. And second off? At least I'm wearing clothes, not like that hussy! I'm looking forward to when the fighting starts. I'll show her just how strong and adult I am! She better watch out for my shadow breath!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

While the other servants enjoyed the Ball in their own ways, Oghrul kept to the outskirts of the crowds, never straying too far from the Chief. Though it was impossible to watch for every sign of danger at an event like this, that fact didn’t keep the orc from trying. In particular, there was one member of the Eternal Orchestra who stood out to him, her armored form clashing with many of the other finely dressed instrumentalists. Yet there was no questioning that she was welcome there nonetheless, for the beat of the Abassal Knight roared loud and true, if slightly overpowering her compatriots at times. For his part though, Oghrul was concerned more about the bladed end than the stringed portion.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

Lady Midnight is clearly amused by the event, but doesn't seem all that interested in food or drink. Well, she's a vampire, so it's reasonable, one might suppose. ... Come to think of it, you haven't seen her drink blood either. The Lady sure is confusing sometimes, isn't she? Regardless, your thought get pulled back to reality as the performers disperse, and now the dungeon starts proper.

"Well, that was fun. But alas, all good things must end. Guardians, let's go kill them all. I want that loot. Especially that Tiara of the Dark Beauty. She shall be the first target." Lady Midnight declares.

The dungeon itself is split into five parts, the Dark Roost, Lavona's domain, being the must secular, split off into a seperate tower near the entrance.

As you enter it, already you see a bunch of trash mobs in the way - a large number of small dark dragon whelps with a few undead spellcasters mixed in.

Beware of their dark breath, brave adventurers!, a mysterious voice warns.

"Oh, so this is a beginner dungeon too. I see." Lady Midnight mumbles. "Well, whatever. let's go. Newbee? If you'd please."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I giggled as I slowly spun in mid-air, admiring my fancy clothes, "Yes, Mistress!" My eyes narrowed and I charged at the nearest group of monsters. It was somewhat odd facing creatures that were, by my understanding, pale imitations of my true power, but how could I hesitate while the Mistress watched? I grabbed one by the tail and began to swing it around in a large circle. I could see that the magicians were already gathering the energy for their foul spells, but I didn't plan to give them enough time to cast.

When the whelp was spinning at full speed, I sent it flying towards the nearest magician and shot after it. The whelp missile did a fine job of opening a hole in their formation and my subsequent battering of those that stood firm finished it. The magicians would have a tough time of it now.

I spun towards the Mistress and the other guardians and called out, "None shall stand before our might!"

quote:

9:35 AM <Tricky> Okay, I think Newbee is going to Forcefully Create an Advantage to [expose the backline]
9:37 AM <Tricky> !r 4dF+3
9:37 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, /-+++3 = 4

9:36 AM <Tricky> what's the difficulty going to be?
9:36 AM <Yamifenrir> opposed
9:37 AM <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+2
9:37 AM <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, /+-++2 = 3

The attempt to Create an Advantage Succeeds and creates the situation aspect "Exposed Backline" with one free invocation.

«8 »