Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Situation Aspects:

Aura of Adorability, 2 free invokes
Basic Alchemy Lesson, 1 free invoke
Banefire Brand, 1 free invoke
Aura of Blinding Protection, 2 invoke
Holes in the Patrol, 1 free invoke

Everyone

One down, two more to go!

As Mimi prepares for the second assault, Lady Midnight calls out to the team. "Loot Goblin! Get him!" she orders.

Indeed, as you turn around, you see a loot goblin a bit way back you came, carrying a rather large bag of loot. Seeing your group turn around on him, he starts to scamper off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fate Points: 1/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: Arm unfit for battle (Moderate) | Stress: Box2

Zanzibar stared at the diminutive goblinoid creature. Hardly a target really worthy of his time.

But the Mistress demanded it.

Such was his life. Or lack of.

"I shall handle it then, Mistress", he said tersely, gave a small bow, and made his way towards the goblin. A goblin that was busy filling its Sack O' Loot [Uncommon] with a variety of gems and bits of dragonscale. Well, was, until its sneaking was interrupted by a [Cape Feint], and it was confronted by the leering form of Zanzibar, his cape fluttering due to the quick movements.

"Cur", he stated, "For the honor of I mistress I challenge thee for your treasure. On this we may not argue. Prepare yourself. As the challenged, yours is the first step."

And the moment the goblin made a move, Zanzibar was upon it, his [Fleche] targeted directly at the thing's heart. A quick thing to deal with, this one, especially since his newly enchanted feet gave him a boost in mobility.

Well, it would have been, if the good baron didn't get an eye-socket full of sand instead by the perfidious thing (curse be [Dirty Trick]), causing his blade to stray and give the thing a mere nasty gash instead of the mortal blow he was going for.

"Honorless dreg", he muttered under his breath (well, figurative breath) as the goblin made a speedy escape from between his legs. Zanzibar merely shook his heada bit to remove te sand, and gave chase.

This was going to be one of those days. Wasn't it?

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar Flashily attacks the lone Loot Goblin (+2 from Stunt)
Theantero: !r 4df+5
Krysmbot: Theantero, -++-+5 = 5
Yamifenrir: Loot Goblin defends!
Yamifenrir: !r 4df+3
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, ++/++3 = 6
Theantero: I'm going to burn that one Boost I have to give myself a +2 so that I don't completely embarrass myself
Theantero: to make that a 7

I cause the goblin one shift of damage.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 3/3

A goblin? Huh, well, she could leave that to the others. Mimi had more important things to do.

Namely, pushing dudes off ledges.

Sneaking up as a little swarm of ants, Mimi waited for the perfect moment. Then she 'added' herself to the structure. Extending out the brickwork just a bit along the route where the target stood at the edge. Unthinkingly the poor creature stepped onto her makeshift platform. Ehehehehehehehehe.

- - -

10:48 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Mimi is going to continue to sneakily attack Overcome the wardens by attacking from a disguised form!
10:49 PM !r 4df+5
10:49 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, -+/-+5 = 4
10:49 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 (making use of her stunt)

- - -

Oh dear, the brickwork crumbled and dropped the doof down into the infinite pit of 'ha-you-hosed-up!'. Gosh, if only there was a building inspector, they'd install railings or something. Huh, now there was an idea...

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fate Points: 4 | Boosts: Conspicuously Victorious, Still the Best

As I shook off the last of the muddiness in my head, the Mistress's words cut through the confusion. She needed her enemies destroyed. I saw Zanzibar leap into battle. For all his foppishness, he was quite quick on his feet. Of course, feet were something of a limitation. I gathered the energy of the ring around me, coating myself in the azure light, then lightly soared through the air. As I suspected, it was Mimi's mass that had thrown me off. Without her, flight was effortless. It wouldn't do to draw the attention of the wardens, who were rapidly falling at her hands, though, so I kept close to the ground.

Mere seconds after Zanzibar's strike, I cut around the skeleton and grasped the treasure goblin's foot. It struggled to escape my grasp, but I spun it in a vicious circle and sent it crashing down into the floor. It wasn't a fatal strike, of course, as I didn't wish to destroy the treasures it carried with my incredible power.

Attack posted:

9:41 AM <Tricky> Hm, I guess Newbee is going to Forcefully attack the treasure goblin
9:42 AM <Tricky> !r 4dF+3
9:42 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, +-+++3 = 5

10:07 AM <Yamifenrir> Goblin defends!
10:07 AM <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
10:07 AM <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, --/++3 = 2

The Attack Succeeds with Style, inflicting 2 shifts of damage and generating the boost 'Still the Best'.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Fate Points: 1 | Free Invokes:

Watching as Mimi deals with the second warden now, Oghrul glances over as he hears the Chief shout about some sort of Loot… Goblin? Grimacing, the orc lifts up his warhammer as the Baron and Newbee go charging at the thing, rushing over just in time for the dragon whelp to slam the goblin to the ground. Seizing the opportunity, Oghrul reared back in preparation to strike with a,

“You’re going nowhere. [Hobbling Strike]!”

But as he brought the hammer down, the Loot Goblin recovered and rolled out of the way, perfectly unharmed. Indeed, the damned thing even stuck a leg out and tripped Oghrul as he swung. The orc reached out as he fell, grasping the Loot Goblin’s arm for a moment… and only a moment, as Oghrul hit the dirt face-first. Positively furious now, he called out,

“Somebody catch that damnable goblin already!”

quote:

[15:41] <TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Forcefully Creating an Advantage by attempting to cripple the Loot Goblin's legs!
[15:41] <TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+3
[15:41] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, --+/+3 = 2
[16:28] <Yamifenrir> Loot goblin tries to NOT get its leg broken
[16:28] <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
[16:28] <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, //+++3 = 5
[16:52] <Yamifenrir> hmm
[16:52] <Yamifenrir> that is true
[16:52] <Yamifenrir> no aspect, then
[16:52] <TheFireMagi> roger roger
Failure to Create an Advantage, and no Aspect made, chief.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - Gust gem | Consequences: - | Stress: - [ ] [ ] [ ]

Seeing the group struggling to deal with the loot goblin, Blackbone reckoned he could brain it with his pickaxe and pulls back his arm. Taking a moment to aim, he throws his pickaxe at the goblins head. Watching it sail through the air.

quote:

<JohnOfOrdo3> Woop woop. Let's join the gently caress up train
<JohnOfOrdo3> Blackbone forcefully hurls his pickaxe at the goblin
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, -/+/+3 = 3
<TheFireMagi> well, better than me anyways
<Theantero> watch as goblin rolls a 6 and just grabs the pick from midair

<Yamifenrir> Goblin quickly dodges!
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -++++3 = 5

What.

quote:

<Yamifenrir> you know what? Let's do that. Goblin quickly counterattacks by throwing it right the gently caress back
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -++++3 = 5

<JohnOfOrdo3> Blackbone attempts to catch his own pickaxe back.
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, +//-+3 = 3
Spending Gust gem to draw

Even before he realises it, Blackbone was crushing the Gust gem to move quick enough to catch and absorb the impact of the Goblin's own throw. Even then he still staggered back a step or two. Thank the maker he didn't have muscles otherwise he'd reckon they'd have torn. He looked over to the goblin, and suddenly felt very, very glad he had decided to not approach it.

"Uhh... good luck everyone! I'll be over here if you need me"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 2 Boost:

"Do not worry, friends! I shall be the one who captures the dastardly thing!" Percival boldly declares! After all, he was the one who caught the Golden Rabbit! How hard can one Goblin be to catch?

Percival gets on all fours, and charges forth! He opens his jaw wide, and...

quote:

<Hugzilla> Can Percival Quickly Attack the goblin and not mess it up!?
<Hugzilla> !r 4df+1
<ArashiOfOrdo3> Mimi is going to come back down, having murdered everything and find you all dead from one goblin...
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, //-++1 = 1
<TheFireMagi> oh my goddd
<Theantero> hahaha

<Yamifenrir> Goblin also matrix dodges Percival!
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, ///++3 = 4
<Theantero> lmao
<TheFireMagi> we're so awful
<Hugzilla> hahahahahahahah

...SNAP! Percival bites into nothing. The goblin had somehow managed to evade Percival's bite at the last second! Percival, who is more than a little annoyed at how slippery the goblin is being, barks angrily at it. How can one, tiny goblin be so hard to deal with!?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:

Grasping Black Thorns, 1 free invoke

Foes:
Loot Goblin
Stress boxes: * ** *** Consequences: Minor, Moderate, Severe

Enemy Boost:
Goddamn overpowered Loot Goblins, 1 invoke
Too fast for you, 1 invoke
Who thought making metal slime mobs this powerful was a good idea?!, 1 invoke

Everyone (but Mimi)

Seeing you all struggle against the goblin, Lady Midnight FINALLY lifts a finger. A very specific finger. The one that has a ring on it - the Ring of Black Thorns!

"Fufufu! You are not allowed to run away. What's yours shall be mine!" she declares, as the ring glows omniously. As she does, a mass of black vines shoot out from the ground, and entangle the Loot Goblin! This is your chance for a decisive blow!

Mimi

Well, uhm, while you were busy doing your job, it seems everyone else has failed to do theirs. Apparently they're struggling so hard against ONE GOBLIN, that Lady Midnight has to step in. How does that make you feel?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 22, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fate Points: 1/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: Arm unfit for battle (Moderate) | Stress: [ ] [x] [ ]

The thing had its footwork on point, Zanzibar had to admit. Well, perhaps that was being a tad bit too generous, but it was very fast. Really, the only reason it hasn't already scampered away was the vines cast by the Mistress (a shocking display of tactical acumen by the Mistress. A very basic one, granted, but baby steps).

So he traded blows with the creatures, or more accurately, swiped at it as it dodged and weaved and laughed its irritating goblin laugh, looking for an opening and for his abilities to get off cooldown.

Ah. Perfect.

He opened with [Fleche], once again. And once again the goblin tried to intercept with [Dirty Trick]. However, this time Zanzibar was far more focused. A [Cape Feint] blocked the sand and bits of rock, an [Uncanny Sidestep] blocked the goblin itself on its chosen (and rather predictable) escape route, allowing Zanzibar to give the startled thing a nasty gash across the eye.

"It doesn't matter how fast you are", the Baron stated, "If I know where you'll be ahead of time."

"Work on your reading of the opposition", he added helpfully.

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar Flashily Attacks the OP Goblin with even more OP STUNT POWWAAAAAAAAAAAR
Krysmbot: Theantero, /+//+5 = 6
Yamifenrir: The OP goblins defends with an even more OP OPNESS
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, --/-+3 = 0
Yamifenrir: Let'S reroll that using one of the boosts, yeah
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +/+-+3 = 4
Yamifenrir: Gonna use "Too fast for you" for the reroll

That's 2 shifts of damage to the gobbo

Theantero fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 22, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Clearing the dirt off his face, Oghrul leapt to his feet with a wide grin as the vines wrapped around the Loot Goblin. A good bit of tactics coming from the Chief, though it shamed the orc that his failure forced her to waste effort. Watching the goblin weave back and forth in an attempt to dodge the Baron’s strikes (and a failed attempt, at that), Oghrul circles around and slams downward once more with his hammer while it’s distracted.

quote:

[14:21] <TheFireMagi> Oghrul Forcefully Attacks by bringing down the hammer! (Again!)
[14:21] <TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+3
[14:21] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, +-+-+3 = 3
[14:21] <TheFireMagi> ehh
[14:21] <Yamifenrir> Is it gonna work, tho?
[14:21] <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
[14:21] <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -+--+3 = 1
[14:22] <TheFireMagi> ay, i did something :toot:
Two shifts of damage from me too, Chief.

This time, there’s a satisfying crunch as Oghrul’s blow lands true, and one can practically see the stars circling around the Loot Goblin’s head. Still alive though. Very persistent, this one was.

“Someone finish this damned thing off already!”

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 4 | Boosts: Conspicuously Victorious, Still the Best

I grinned, my sharp fangs gleaming in the soft light of the tower, "Of course! I'm not about to let the Mistress's prize just run off!"

Grabbing a handful of the creeping, thorned vines that the Mistress had so thoughtfully summoned forth, I yanked them toward me so fast that the metaphorical stars on the goblin's head were left spinning in empty air. The impact it made when it hit my first head-first was incredibly satisfying, but I couldn't believe that it was still standing! What was this thing even made of? It couldn't have much fight left in it. Even if Ohgrul and Zanzibar weren't quite up to my level, they were competent enough.

Attack posted:

8:23 AM <Tricky> I think Newbee is going to Forcefully attempt to finish off the gobbo!
8:23 AM <Tricky> !r 4dF+3
8:23 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, //+-+3 = 3

Burning both boosts and 'Grasping Black Thorns' to make that a 9.

8:24 AM <Yamifenrir> Sorry, Gobbo too OP
8:24 AM <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
8:24 AM <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, +//++3 = 5
8:34 AM <Yamifenrir> I'll burn "Goddamn OP Loot Goblins" then :o (7)

The Attack Succeeds and deals 2 shifts of damage.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 3/3

Hahha! Oh yeah, that felt good! This was what she was best at. Okay, she'd love to just eat these idiots. But there was a time and place for that. She glanced back down to see what the rest of them were doing... and they were getting outshone by a goblin! A SINGLE GOBLIN! Mimi opened her mouth to shoot out a snide remark. But then the mistress stepped in. Oh god she actually did something herself for once! She shut her mouth and headed back up. Angry at the conflicting emotions this was making her feel. She'd take those out on the last of these guards.

- - -
8:04 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Mimi is going to Sneakily Overwhelm the last guard by attacking from disguise! (activating stunt)
8:04 PM !r 4df+5
8:05 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, +-+-+5 = 5
- - -

She couldn't even take any enjoyment in it. She pretended to be a stone pebble on the floor. Waiting for the fool to step on her. Then she tripped him off over the edge. Okay, she felt a small pang of pride at the look of confusion and betrayal on his face as he plummeted over the edge. Mimi waited a few moments, took a breath. Then she headed back down.

Maybe the rest of them could actually pull their weight.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: - [ ] [ ] [ ]

With even the Master stepping in to battle this goblin, they were still struggling. Blackbone decided to change tack. It seemed less a matter of when, not if the goblin would get loose. So they needed to slow it down further. He hefted his pick. This was something he could do.

Making sure the Goblin wasn't looking his way, he dimmed his headlight and began burrowing underground. Moving quietly through the floor. He could feel the vibrations just above him. Flecks of dust pattering down on his skull as he passed them. Finally in position. He set to work.

quote:

<JohnOfOrdo3> Yami, what would the difficulty be to dig underground and create a few pitfalls to slow or trap the goblin?
<Yamifenrir> considering the speed this thing is bouncing around? Prolly 3

<JohnOfOrdo3> Blackbone sneakily digs underground to create an advantage by creating pit traps under the floor
<Yamifenrir> you don't need to use fate points for stunts
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+2
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, ++-/+2 = 3
Thanks to the stunt Secret Tunnel, this is raised to +5

He crafted several pit traps strategically around the floor. Spreading them out so even if the goblin did go an unexpected direction it should still find one of them. It was hopefully too distracted with the others to notice any difference or the slight sag to the floor. He returned the way he came, rising up by his master slowly and stepping out from behind her.

"Nicely done with the plant things. Didn't know you were into gardening. Was it a spur of the moment thing or did you decide to turn over a new leaf? Either way it'll be a thorn in the side of our friend there. Haha!"

Advantage created - Pitfall 1 free invoke

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

How the goblin is still standing after the beating it took is anybody's guess, but Percival will make sure that the goblin won't be standing anymore! He charges, once again, and leaps forward, extending both his legs out, intending to hit the goblin with his [Doggy Dropkick]!

quote:

<Hugzilla> Percival is going to Flashily Attack the gobbo to finish it off!
<Hugzilla> !r 4df+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, +/+/+2 = 4

Invoking Pitfall to make that into a 6.

<Yamifenrir> gobbo says no
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, /---+3 = 0
<Yamifenrir> I guess he says yes

<Yamifenrir> yeah I'mma use that to reroll that trash roll
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, --+/+3 = 2

That should be 4 shifts of damage to the Gobbo!

WHAM! His feet slams right into the goblin's chest, and sends the annoying pest flying straight into one of the pit traps Blackborne set up. Surely that's enough to finally finish the thing off, right?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:

Grasping Black Thorns

Foes:
Loot Goblin
Stress boxes: * ** *** Consequences: Minor, Moderate, Severe

Enemy Boosts:

Everyone

With a loud noise, the doors open as all the wardens have been taken out by Mimi!

... However, that is just enough of a distraction for the Loot Goblin to try and run the hell away! It's wounds hinder it, however, and it's ridicilous speed has been reduced to something more manageable, and the pitfalls are slowing it down further, even if it is annoyingly competent at avoiding them.

Lady Midnight, momentarily oblivious, responds to Blackbone. "I know I made you this way but those puns are painful. Please --- HEY! Don't let that loot get away!!!" she yells out, after finally realizing what's hapening "I used my cooldown and everything!"

quote:

22:16 Yamifenrir Gobbo tries to run away! (activating it's stunt)
22:16 Theantero gosh dang it all to heck
22:16 Yamifenrir !r 4df+5
22:16 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, ---++5 = 3

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Percival, who is not willing to let the goblin escape, chases after the slippery little thing. Once he's close enough, he opens his jaws wide, and clamps it right down on the goblin's ankles! The goblin tries to shake the pup off of him, but Percival refuses to let go. He's not sure how long he could hold on, but at least this should give his allies an opportunity to finally finish this thing off.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Percival is going to Cleverly Attack the gobbo by biting it's ankles!
<Hugzilla> !r 4df+2
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, /-+++2 = 3
<Yamifenrir> hooooooold up
<Yamifenrir> someone needs to overcome first!
<Yamifenrir> but I guess in this case the roll would be the same?

Right, so I guess that's an Overcome roll instead. It's a tie, unless someone uses a help action to add +1 to the roll. :v:

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

It. Was. Still. Alive. And not only that, the goblin was trying to run away? Unacceptable. This was utterly unacceptable. How shameful would it be, how disgraceful would it be, to be bested by a damned goblin of all creatures. No. Absolutely not. He was not going to stand there and let this bastard get away, after all the humiliation it had caused, even forcing the Chief to use her Ring of Black Thorns. It needed to be stopped, once and for all. Oghrul watches as Percival clamps down on the Loot Goblin’s ankle, yet it continues to run. Clenching down on his teeth, the orc hurriedly unstraps the Shield of Darien De Verr from his arm, holding the shield up by the rim. A second of calculation, of measuring the angles and then-

“Go down already, drat you!”

Oghrul hurls the shield forth, unconsciously pumping his fist as it connects with the back of the goblin’s skull and the troublesome monster begins to tumble. All but ready to loudly cheer, Oghrul pauses as there’s a brief yet eternal moment where the shield begins to drop… right on top of Percival’s head, with a loud CLANG.

“Ah.”

It seemed in his anger, the orc hadn’t considered what the rebound of the impact might look like. Whoops. He’d have to apologize for that later, but at least the goblin was grounded!

OOC: Helping Percival to give the doggo +1 on his action, letting him successfully overcome the Loot Goblin’s escape attempt!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 1/2 | Boosts: Victor's poise | Consequences: Arm unfit for battle (Moderate) | Stress: [ ] [x] [ ]

As the goblin smashed to the ground due to shield induced trauma, a simple [Dash] was enough for Zanzibar to intercept the thing, struggling to free itself from the clutches of the tail-wagging beast stuck to its leg (curiously managing the feat even though just struck by rebound). He regarded it for a moment, almost leisurely using [Disarm] to flick the tiny knife the thing drew to defend itself into the chasms littering the cave.

"Well played, Sir Goblin", he said, voice deep, "I must admit you proved much more of a challenge than I initially thought. You would have made a fine adversary indeed to spar against in the future."

"Alas."

[Coup de grâce]

The Baron offered a graceful bow to the now beheaded goblin corpse, lifted the bag of loot, and made his way towards the Mistress, his task complete.

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar Flashily Attacks the gobbo, for one final time (with STUNTPOWER)
Krysmbot: Theantero, /+/-+5 = 5
Yamifenrir: Gobbo dodges for the FINAL TIME
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, -/+-+3 = 2

I Succeed with Style, choosing to deal 2 shifts of damage and taking the Boost: Victor's poise

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Wincing from the rejection of his puns. They had at least brought down the goblin. Thinking to gain back some favour, he started to head over to grab the loot bag. But the Baron had already claimed it. But that was alright. Even if he presented just a piece of it maybe that would work?

quote:

<JohnOfOrdo3> Blackbone sneakily attempts to steal some loot for himself to present to Lady Midnight
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+2
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, /-//+2 = 1

JohnOfOrdo3 fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 28, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 4 | Boosts: None! | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

It was somewhat disappointing that I wasn't able to finish it off, despite doing so much of the heavy lifting. Of course, given that Zanzibar had to stab it after Ohgrul and Percival tangled it up and stopped it from moving... Well, it wasn't like that was particularly remarkable either. Hm. It was most odd that I wasn't able to smash it apart as easily as I had the lesser whelps. Perhaps the monsters further within would require a true show of my talents?

I inhaled deeply, the shadows around us creeping up into my mouth, then breathed a steady stream of them around my claws. The shadows clung to them, making them longer and sharper than ever before. The next person to taste my claws would surely rue the day they decided to face me!

I looked at the remains of the goblin and sniffed, "Perhaps this so-called dark beauty will be worth dirtying my 『Claws of Shadow』."

Create an Advantage posted:

1:51 PM <Tricky> So I think Newbee is going to Flashily Create an Advantage by breathing shadows onto her hands to make some awesome Shadow Claws. (+2 from stunt) (Difficulty 2)
1:59 PM <Tricky> !r 4dF+4
1:59 PM <Krysmbot> Tricky, +/-/+4 = 4

The Create an Advantage Succeeds and generates the aspect 'Claws of Shadow' with one free invoke.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 3/3

Oh, they managed to kill a single goblin. Great.

"The guardians have been cleared above, Mistress. They were non-the wiser to what was happening, even as they plunged to their deaths. A perfect execution of the task."

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 1/2 | Boosts: Victor's poise | Consequences: Arm unfit for battle (Moderate) | Stress: [ ] [x] [ ]

Blackbone was very careful as he sneaked his hand into the lootbag. So engrossed in the task that he didn't even notice Zanzibar staring right at him, right there in front of everyone (the Mistress included), until he had managed to fish some sort of trinket from the bag. No expression in his lifeless eye sockets, yet the small embers gleaming within seemed to radiate a sort of slightly miffed disappointment. Sort of like how a parent might look at a child caught with their hand in the cookie jar, except if the child was a grown adult who really should know better.

There is a slight moment of silence, kept just long enough that Zanzibar was certain everybody (including the Mistress) had ample time to see what was going on, until he spoke.

"Sir Blackbone", he spoke, his tone deep, and impeccably polite as always, "If you wish to present the treasure to the Mistress, you could have just asked me. I have no issue with letting you take on the task."

And with that, he showed the bag into the hands of the other skeleton, forceful enough to be determined, but not so brutish as to unduly stagger him. Then, with a deep bow to the Mistress, he stepped aside to clear the way for him, saying nothing more.

Blackbones was a mostly good skeleton, he thought, but somewhat lacking in manners. Perhaps this semi-public embarrassment would work to make him think twice in the future. Probably not, but one could always hope.

quote:

Theantero: Does Zanzibar Cleverly notice Blackbone's thievery?
Theantero: !r 4df+2
Krysmbot: Theantero, +++++2 = 6
Theantero: lmao
Yamifenrir: lol
Theantero: high rolling where it matters :V
Yamifenrir: well, I'mma allow this to be a special case where you get the advantages yourself
Yamifenrir: 2 invokes of them
Yamifenrir: haha
Yamifenrir: since you rekt him so hard

I create advantage The (man)children are chastised with two Free Invokes

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Blackbone looks down at the bag in his arms now. His skull thankfully free of the flesh that might visibly betray the fact he was screaming in his head from social embarrassment. He stiffly made his way over to Lady Midnight and silently knelt and presented the bag. Not trusting himself to speak. Any hope of getting back favour now very dead and he just hoped to get through this as quickly as possible. As the silence dragged on he coughed.

"Your... spoils Master"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

CLANG! Oghrul's shield bonks Percival right on his tiny little head, and the next thing he knew, he was seeing little bones circle around his head. The little pup collapses on his back, completely dazed from the shield falling on him. Percival will no doubt recover by the time they move onto the next room, but boy, is he going to be feeling this one for a while.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Oghrul winces as Percival collapses, the shield still wobbling on the ground from the impact. Looking more than a little sheepish from his careless mistake, the orc walks on over to his fallen comrade, clearing his throat rather loudly as he straps the shield back on. There’s an awkward silence, before Oghrul grumbles out,

“I, uh, misjudged the rebound angle in the heat of the moment. My fault. Sorry ‘bout that. ...You need a hand or anything?”

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:

Aura of Blinding Protection, 2 free invokes
Claws of Shadow, 1 free invoke
The (Man)children are chastised, 2 free invokes

Lady Midnight laughs as she sees the scene unfold. "Hahaha.... well, alright then. Good job, everyone. You especially, Mimi. With that being taken care off, we can get the bonus for this branch of the dungeon. But first, let's see what's in the bag."

Opening it up, she pulls out the first item. "Oh. Mimi, this is something only you can use. This is a Monster Soul. Gives you extra abilities when transformed into this specific type of monster, and also a damage bonus against that type. Want to give it a go? Easiest way to find out what it is would you just trying it out." she says as she hands you the odd-looking orb-shaped blob.

Again, she reaches into the bag. Out comes a pickaxe she immediately drops on the floor due to her low strength. "Huff... Blackbone, you're the only one who uses pickaxes, so this one is for you. Loot Goblin items usually aren't cursed, so it should be relatively safe." she notes.

Next, she pulls out a strange box. Poking Missile, who is still sprawling on the floor with it, she wakes him up. "Hey there. this is a box of Frost Mints. This allows you to change your breath weapon typing for a certain time. There's infinite of them in there, so don't worry." she explains as she hands the small corgi the box.

"Aaand a bit of gold. Always useful. Looks like that's it. Next stop, Lavona!" she orders.

----

A few minutes later, you enter what appears to be some sort of arena. In the spectator seats, there's a small, square room serving as the announcer box. Inside it, you catch a glimpse of a familiar person.

... except, she's a lot less... imposing as she was before. See, she's kind of... dead drunk. "Bring me more!" she yells out at what looks like some sort of undead butler. By chance, she looks out into the arena, and spots you.

"EEEEEEHHHH?" she yells out barely coherent, clearly not expecting you to be there. "What the hell are you doing here?! How did you get here unnoticed? You probably killed all my poor little babies, didn't you!?!"

Lady Midnight steps forward, and responds. "Actually, no. We made sure not to break any eggs!" she exclaims, proudly.

"HAH?!" Lavona blurts out, surprised. "So.... So you didn't? ... You're the first group who didn't in ages!"

Briefly pausng, Lavona all but breaks down entirely. "I dont even wanna do this! *sob* This is no place for kids! But what's a single mother of 700 supposed to do!? I need the money! I can't believe he left me like that..."

Seemingly unfazed by the increasingly strange conversation, Lady Midnight continues. "Well, how about you join us? We have a dungeon of our own. As long as you work for us, we'll keep your kids safe and well fed!" she offers.

Lavona's eyes widen. "You... you would do that for me? ... I, uhm... yes! Yes, please! But, uhm... my contract says I'm supposed to fight you, and if I don't I'll be in real trouble..." she bemoans.

Lady Midnight grins. "Don't worry about it. My Guardians here are more than capable of defeating you! Also, uhm... you kind of need to get your alcohol problem under control. Your whelps are kind of... not reacting very well to any sort of contact with alcohol."

Lavona, with a bitter smile, jumps down, transforming into her true form mid-fall. As she lands, the entire arena shakes under her weight.

"Let's go!" Lady Midnight orders.

quote:

Foe: BOSS - Lavona, the Dark Beauty
Stress boxes: * ** *** **** ***** ****** Consequences: Minor, Moderate, Severe
Stunt: Bosses are bullshit anyway
Gain an extra action every time you are attacked.
Stunt: Draconic Scales
Reduce all incoming damage by 2.
Stunt: Nom Nom Nom
Instead of dealing damage, you can choose to chomp on an enemy leaving them unable to do any actions until rescued.
Stunt: Life Drain Aura
On an Attack that succeeds with style, regain your smallest marked Stress Box or Consequence.

Flaw: Can't hold her liquoir
While drunk, approaches are lowered by 3, regaining them at one per round. Currently: -3.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Apr 5, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: None! | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

I could feel dark energy crackling over my body as the Mistress and the washed-up has-been talked. She was going to give her a job in our dungeon...? It was my job to be the dark beauty! My job to be the mightiest dragon! It was a good thing we needed to fight her anyways, because I was getting seriously worked up! It was time to put her in her place and show her just why I was all that the Mistress needed!

I sucked in all the air I could muster and just roared at her! I'd show her who the real dragon was around here. She didn't look impressed as she roared back, but that just made me madder and madder! The roar kind of turned into an indignant scream of anger and I could see the fear in her eyes as it echoed across the arena! Or maybe it was pain. No, no, definitely fear. How could it be anything else?

<Tricky>Well, I'll start by making a Flashy attempt to intimidate Laverna with a mighty dragon roar and Create an Advantage!
(or, more accurately, probably give her a migraine. :v)
<Yamifenrir> haha
sure
that'll be contested
ROAR OFF
<Tricky> Newbee roars her heart out!
!r 4dF+4
<Krysmbot> Tricky, ----+4 = 0
<Tricky> rip
definitely FP'ing that for a reroll (invoking Dark Knight, Darker Dragon)
!r 4dF+4
<Krysmbot> Tricky, //+/+4 = 5
<Tricky> much better

<Yamifenrir> Lavona flashily roars back! (after nursing her headache) !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -+-++3 = 3

The Create an Advantage Succeeds generating the situation aspect 'A Dragon-Sized Migraine' with one free invoke.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

The orc stares at Chief Midnight for several seconds following the conversation between her and Lavona, in a very “Are you serious” manner. Another dark dragon? Really? And not even a whelp like Newbee was, but the real deal? Just… argh. So be it. Wasn’t his place to question the Chief’s decision. Sure as hell wasn’t going to be him feeding the damned thing though. Not unless he was ordered to. Enough complaining, Oghrul told himself. Focus on the fight, worry about the aftermath, well, after. Shuffling forward with Shield of De Verr in hand, the orc said,

“Keep behind me, Chief. This one’s going to be a problem.”

Now this, Oghrul thought, was the fight to utilize the holy power of the shield. But not quite yet. Being a monster of Lavona’s caliber had its many advantages, no doubt including a number of tricks up her theoretical dragon sleeves. Couldn’t afford to waste the divine effect before knowing what he was jumping into. Annoyedly leaning away from Newbee as she lets out a violent roar, the orc takes the opportunity to study the adult dragon, and comes to the rather logical conclusion that… well, those damned scales were going to be a pain to break through all right. Practically grumbling all the while, the orc says,

“Oi, don’t attack carelessly, the lot of you. If we don’t find the right spot to pierce through those scales of hers before striking, we're just going to waste our efforts.”

quote:

[07:56] <TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Cleverly Creating an Advantage by hanging back and attempting to figure out what Stunts Lavona has up her sleeves!
[07:56] <TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+2
[07:56] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, ++-/+2 = 3
[07:56] <Yamifenrir> yeah lets go with create an advantage - discover the stunt like you would an aspect, but no invokes
[07:56] <TheFireMagi> not bad
[07:57] <Yamifenrir> Lavona, can you hide your secrets?
[07:57] <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+4
[07:57] <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -++/+4 = 5
[07:57] <Theantero> lmao
[07:57] <TheFireMagi> lol
[07:57] <Yamifenrir> no, wait
[07:57] <Yamifenrir> whoops
[07:57] <Yamifenrir> I forgot to account the -3
[07:57] <Yamifenrir> that's a 2
[07:57] <TheFireMagi> oh, nice
[07:59] <Yamifenrir> alright, first stunt is: Draconic Scales - Lower the damage of all suffered shifts by 2

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 3, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 3/3

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Mimi takes the reward and spins with it like it was a massive diamond. Praise and proof! Yeah! Take that! She'd had to work extra hard as well for it. (Which if she was being honest, she'd done twice as much work for the same amount of thanks. But ignoring the fact that she's the only one who could use the Soul, it still counted as her being better then all of them!)

She activated the orb, trying out the form. Revelling in the sense of power it gave her. She shifted back before they headed to the boss. She could use it if it would be helpful.

Watching the boss carefully Mimi tried to use Blackbone's earlier discoveries to try and work out what this things deal was.

- - -

New messages
5:52 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Right
5:53 PM Mimi is going to cleverly Create an advantage by trying to figure out the bosses stunts!
5:53 PM !r 2d6+2
5:53 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, 5+2 = 7
5:53 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Wiat
5:53 PM Oh
5:53 PM T<TheFireMagi> wrong dice :p
5:53 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Right
5:53 PM !r 4df+2
5:53 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, //-++2 = 2

5:56 PM Y<Yamifenrir> I am here
5:56 PM okay, Lavona tries to hide her secrets!
5:57 PM Y<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+1
5:57 PM K<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, ++-/+1 = 2

Burning "Basic Alchemy lesson" for +2 making result 4

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Blackbone hefted his new pickaxe and stowed it safely away in his string belt. It was a pick to be proud of, but he chose his old pick for no- NO! PICKED HIS OLD PICK! HAHAHhaahahaaaa... His heart just wasn't in it. Not after the dressing down. He couldn't even feel elated at seeing an actual dragon for Newbee to be jealous of. She was reeking of it right now. He had a horrible feeling he was going to have to build a nest for this drunk dragon and her children. Master knows he could do with a drink. He spied the butler scurrying away to get her a refill. Right. He'd do it this time. He'd be a real sneaky skeleton and prove he could do it. He hitched up his belt, rattled his skull and set off after the butler as quietly as he could.

quote:

<Yamifenrir> hmm... let's say difficulty 1

<JohnOfOrdo3> Blackbone will sneakily try to follow the butler to the source of the booze
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+2
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, ---++2 = 0

invoking The (Man)children are chastised to make that a +2

Though the butler was still none the wiser, Blackbone had a sinking feeling that was nothing to do with how well he'd sneaked and more to do with a dedicated servant being focused on his job. He'd given up crouching over after he'd knocked that vase over (Who even owns a vase on a pedestal anyway?) and the guy hadn't even bothered to look up. He looked stressed. He reminded him a little of Zanzibar now he came to think about it. Couldn't think why... Still, he'd hit the jackpot. The Barrel room. He brightened up at the thought of the mayhem they could cause using this, if the kids were anything to go by. Plus the butler had been kind enough to unlock the door. He didn't even have to try and pick it. HAHA! That was more like it!

Creating advantage - you could really get pick-led with this lot one free invoke.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

"Oh, thank you, master." Percival rubs the bump on his head, and takes the frost mints.

"It's fine," he tells Oghrul, "I've taken worse bumps than this!"

--

The small corgi is practically unphased as Lavona transforms into her true form. He's fought bigger foes before, and the drunken dragon should be no match for him and his companions! Hopefully.

Still, it's better to be safe than sorry. He's fully aware that bosses always have some kind of trick up their sleeves, so he takes this time before the fight begins to study his foe carefully, and sniff out all her secrets.

quote:

<Hugzilla> Percival is going to Carefully Create an Advantage by sniffing out the last stunt!
<TheFireMagi> isn't that basically HG's strat as well :v
<Yamifenrir> but yeah, hugzilla might be more appropriate in the sniffing out more alcohol duty haha
<Hugzilla> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, /-+/+3 = 3

<Yamifenrir> Anyway, Lavona cleverly tries to hide the last stunt!
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+1
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, /+-++1 = 2

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 1/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: Arm unfit for battle (Moderate) | Stress: [ ] [x] [ ]

Listening and nodding to Oghrul (and to the rest of his team providing intel), Zanzibar waited for Newbee to finish her roaring before approaching.

Zanzibar drew his sword, and bowed politely as he approached the Dragon. "Greeting, Lady Lavona. I am Baron Zanzibar Zygomaticus, duelist and Champion in service of mine Mistress, Lady Midnight. Let me state that I am sympathetic to your plight, and am remorseful that we must come to blows. Yet it is necessary. And thus I, in the name of my Mistress, challenge you to combat. Prepare yourself."

Zanzibar took a stance, and approached the Dragon, the perfect example of poise. He had to be. After all, he had just chastised his allies for their impropriety, and it would be crude in the extreme to not live as he preached. Every step had thus have to be perfect. His eyes flickered as he waited for his chance.

There.

[Fleche]

The dragon, perhaps due to its drunkenness, perhaps due to its ears still ringing due to Newbee, reacted rather predictably. A [Gargantuan Slam] was used to interdict. Something Zanzibar had naturally known to expect, as this was a typical opening for colossal creatures. A [Cape Feint] mid-charge, and the dragon was charging past Zanzibar, exposing its flank for but a moment. But a long enough moment for Zanzibar's Banefire enhanced blade to pierce deep into its side, at a right angle, between the scales.

But there was to be no respite for him, for no sooner than he had committed his opening move, the Dragon was already invoking [Hellfire Cloak]. A nasty buff indeed. No, this definitely could not be allowed. With a quick [Lunge], Zanzibar closed the distance, within reach of the dragon's head, evading claw and fang with a well timed [Uncanny Sidestep], and finally struck the Dragon into the snout with the pommel of his sword, the [Mana Wither] causing the great majority of the attempted boon to harmlessly dissipate.

A [Pass Backward] later, Zanzibar was once again out of the dragon's direct reach. And once again, he pointed his sword at her.

"Your move, ma'am."

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar Flashily Attacks with STUNT POWER
Krysmbot: Theantero, -++-+5 = 5
Yamifenrir Lavona forcefully attacks defends against Zanzibar by bodyslamming him!
Yamifenrir: !r 4df+4
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, -/+-+4 = 3
Theantero: I'm Invoking stuff
Theantero: My Boost for a +2, Banefirebrand for +2, the other invoke of the Chastice thing (since Zanz wants to show a good example and live like he preaches) for yet another +2, anddd
Theantero: Newbee made that Migraine thing
Theantero: that definitely works as an attack thing
Theantero: Tricky, you okay with me using that?
Tricky: sure
Theantero: nice
Theantero: I'll Invoke that too
Theantero: for a total of 8 shifts of damage
Yamifenrir: well, in that case I use a fate point to turn that to a 6

I Invoke the following: My Boost: Victor's Poise, As well as Free Invokes from the aspects: A Dragon-Sized Migraine, Banefire Brand, The (Man)children are chastised, and deal the Dragon 6 Shifts of damage (accounting for it's Stunt that lets it ignore 2 shifts)

quote:

Yamifenrir: Alright, then in this case... Lavona flashily creates an advantage! Hellfire Cloak!
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, -++++3 = 5
Theantero: Zanzibar, Flashily show your Interrupt combos by contesting the Dragon Lady's self-buff
Theantero: !r 4df+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, +/+/+3 = 5

The boss Ties, thus getting a boost.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:

Basic Alchemy Lesson
Banefire Brand
Aura of Blinding Protection, 2 free invokes
Claws of Shadow, 1 free invoke
The (Man)children are chastised
A Dragon-Sized Migraine
You could really get pick-led with this lot, 1 free invoke

Enemy Boosts
Hellfire Embers, 1 invoke

quote:

Foe: BOSS - Lavona, the Dark Beauty
Stress boxes: * ** *** **** ***** ****** Consequences: Minor, Moderate, Severe
Stunt: Bosses are bullshit anyway
Gain an extra action every time you are attacked.
Stunt: Draconic Scales
Reduce all incoming damage by 2.
Stunt: Nom Nom Nom
Instead of dealing damage, you can choose to chomp on an enemy leaving them unable to do any actions until rescued.
Stunt: Life Drain Aura
On an Attack that succeeds with style, regain your smallest marked Stress Box or Consequence.

Flaw: Can't hold her liquoir
While drunk, approaches are lowered by 3, regaining them at one per round. Currently: -2.

Mimi

The Soul turns out to be a Thunderhawk Soul! One of the nastier enemies in this region, often seen in the Storm Peaks. High electric damage, and the capability to fly, makes it hard for most people to deal with.

Everyone

Lavona, now covered in a thin layer of hellfire (It would have been a lot worse if not for Zanzibar's quick thinking), roars in pain from his assault. However, she quickly recovers, and charges Mimi! With surprising speed, that gargantuan claw descends upon the mimic, threatening to crush her under the titanic might of a grown dragon!

quote:

22:30 Yamifenrir And following that, Lavona forcefully attacks Mimi by trying to paste her against the floor
22:30 Yamifenrir !r 4df+5
22:30 Krysmbot Yamifenrir, +++++5 = 9

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Apr 5, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3 | Stress boxes: 1 [X]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
WHAT THE poo poo!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

- - -

10:04 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Mimi is going to Quickly Defend by trying to avoid the attack!
10:04 PM !r 4df+2
10:04 PM K<Krysmbot> KrysmbotDestroyerOfWorldsAndLoverOfKittens ArashiOfOrdo3, //-++2 = 2

10:09 PM Y<Yamifenrir> alright, I'll use up the hellfire embers then
10:10 PM Y<Yamifenrir> Well, this is still the perfect opportunity to make use of that stunt
10:10 PM so... Sorry, Mimi. I'm Fate pointing this.

Burning 2 invokes of Aura of Adorability, and 2 invokes of Aura of Blinding Protection.
Also burning a fate point for a further +2

Final defence result 12 Vs Attack roll of 13
Taking 1 damage
Marking the 1 stressbox.
- - -

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 3, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: None! | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

Tch! She was ignoring me! How dare she! While Mimi danced out of the way of the giant, flaming claw, I began to focus on building up all the energy I could muster. I wasn't about to let her get away with this indignity. I began to suck in all of the shadows that surrounded us, the arena slowly growing brighter and brighter as I did so. It was tough, actually, to lock up all that power inside me. Even with my mighty frame! I roared as the shadow energy built up to its peak and began to dance and crackle across my scales.

I flexed my claws experimentally, reveling in the sheer power I felt emanating from them. This so-called dark beauty was going to taste them soon enough!

11:01 AM <Tricky> Newbee stands in a corner and yells a lot! (Flashy Create an Advantage, +stunt) (Difficulty: 2)
11:01 AM <Tricky> !r 4dF+2
11:01 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, +/--+4 = 3

The Create an Advantage is Successful and generates the situation aspect 'Shadow Overcharge' with one free invoke.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Blackbone seeing the others engaged as he arrives back with the booze. Dropping the cask he'd been carrying on the floor, he tried to figure out how to be useful. Drop the floor down? Drop the ceiling? The baron was already in melee with it and it was still attacking the others. So great was it's size. They needed to get around it. Force it to spread it's attacks out so it couldn't take them all out at once. He began running around it's flank, keeping an eye on it rather than where he was going and managed to trip over a discarded cloche. Bloody thing must have been on her pre-binge lunch. He picked it up by it's handle, considering chucking it at her. But she'd probably not even notice. So why not make sure she did? He gripped his pickaxe and started hammering at the silver food cover. Creating a din, trying to make it look at him, take it's eyes off him even for a moment. Give him an opening.

quote:

<JohnOfOrdo3> Blackbone Forcefully creates a racket by hammering on a piece of metal with his pick to distract the Dragon
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+3
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, +///+3 = 4
<Yamifenrir> Lavona cleverely tries to ignore the racket!
<Yamifenrir> !r 4df+2
<Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, /+/++2 = 4

No good. She could clearly hear him and it was clearly annoying her. But her gaze was still focused on the others. Still, if she was intent on ignoring him he could probably make use of that.

Creating the boost - Can I have your attention please? 1 free invoke

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3 | Stress boxes: 1 [X]

Owww!!! Mimi clutched at her injury, that was totally uncalled for! She balled all that sudden adrenalin and pain into a handy little buff spell. Yeah, shockingly she wasn't interested in tangling with that in a fist fight. But someone else could.

With a little flourish, she summoned a little red orb near the party. It pulsed angrily. Someone could draw on that and use her anger to hit that stupid dragon! For once, she didn't mean Newbee

- - -

3:10 PM → TheFireMagi and Krysmbot joined ⇐ HugzillaPhone quit • Scrleep → Scrreework
9:46 PM A<ArashiOfOrdo3> ArashiofOrdo3 Mimi is Going to cleverly create an advantage by casting a low level spell + stunt bonus
New messages
9:47 PM !r 4df+4
9:47 PM K<Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, +/--+4 = 3
9:50 PM Y<Yamifenrir> let's go with diff 2 then

New Advantage: Rincwind's orb of transferable fury (1 invoke)

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Oghrul winced as the claw came down onto Mimi, sighing in relief as she just barely managed to duck out of the way. Any slower, and they might’ve had a splattered mimic on their hands. Still, he couldn’t help but feel somewhat frustrated as he watched that happen. It was his role to keep the foes’ attention, was it not? Yet facing as massive a beast as this, whose reach far surpassed his own, that role was… difficult to maintain. But as Blackbone attempted (and failed) to cause a ruckus, Oghrul realized there was more than one way to put Lavona off-balance. Raising his shield, the orc began to loudly beat against it, even throwing in a yelling of his own in a reluctant repetition of Newbee’s own performance. Maybe it’d grab her attention, maybe not, but it definitely couldn’t be ignored by Lavona’s current less than healthy mind.

quote:

[18:06] <TheFireMagi> think i'll just add further invokes on Dragon Migrane by doing some good ol' shieldbanging
[18:07] <TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Forcefully banging on his shield and worsening that Dragon-Sized Migrane! (Create An Advantage)
[18:07] <TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+3
[18:07] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, +---+3 = 1
[18:07] <TheFireMagi> bleh
[18:07] <Yamifenrir> Rip
[18:07] <Yamifenrir> Well, who knows! Lavona's headache might be bad enough
[18:07] <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+2
[18:07] <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -+-/+2 = 1
[18:08] <TheFireMagi> haha
Dragon-Sized Migraine gets one free invoke!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 1/2 | Boosts: I swear this swear's an accident | Consequences: Arm unfit for battle (Moderate) | Stress: [ ] [x] [ ]

Zanzibar observed the tide of battle. They were doing... adequately. Even if Mimi had been taken by surprise by the dragon, who against all good manners chose not to attack the champion. Hmph. Oh well. But yes, even taking that into account, the dragon was being hurt worse than they were for the time being. However, its life draining qualities could very quickly undo all that. Because even though his wound was deep, the amount of damage in absolute terms was fairly small, which meant that even a single successful drain could undo all that hard work.

Perhaps some ablative armor of a sort was in order then? Yes, that sounded quite splendid.

"Ma'am", Zanzibar stated dryly as he approached the dragon from behind, "I apologize most sincerely for having to interrupt, but I believe we were in the middle of something?" not even a note changed in his voice, even as he he first rolled over the low sweeping tail swipe, and as he kept his distance from the high returning tail with a [Pass Backward], dashing with millisecond precision.

The Dragon's flank was exposed now, the opposite one he had initially pierced. But this time he would not cut deep. No, he would do something different. He would dash across the entirety of the dragon's flank, and cause a long, superficial gash. Not dangerous really, but something that would occupy its regenerative properties for the time being and keep them from healing the truly harmful wounds. But to do that, he needed something that could melt through the Dragon's scales to cause a gash to begin with, and his own banefire had depleted for the time being. Hm. Zanzibar's bony orbits turned towards the red, pulsating orb that Mimi had summoned. Yes, the orb of transferable fury would do well indeed. Zanzibar, in a quick, smooth motion, extended his sword towards the orb, causing it to drain of its color as the angry red hue transferred to his blade.

It was time.

[Fleche]

And so, Zanzibar sped across the dragon's flank, the transcendent power of indignant anger melting dragonscale to molten slag as he went and dragged his sword skin deep in his opponent's hide. Only dimly was he aware that the magic seemed to be guiding his weapon as well. Not something to be all that worried about, magic often had such minor effects. Only when Zanzibar was done, and retreated away, did he become aware of the glowing, caustic... invective that now adorned the dragon's side. Turns out, Zanzibar reflected, that using anger as an energy source was bound to have a downside.

Elsewhere, the dragon's flank displayed on the screen turned pixelated due to suddenly being considered inappropriate for the game's PG rating.

"Ah", exclaimed Zanzibar, "I apologize most profusely for having defaced you so, Lady Lavona. Battle is a place of dignity, after all, and I am sorry to see it wounded so as unplanned for collateral. Alas, in battle, some must fall, I suppose."

The Baron lifted his sword in battle stance again. Even this indignity he would abide in service of his mistress.

quote:

Krysmbot: Theantero, +/-++5 = 6
Yamifenrir: Lavona forcefully defends with a tail swipe!
Yamifenrir: !r 4df+5
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, +--/+5 = 4
Theantero: Right. I burn the Invoke on that angry sphere thing that Mimi made to make that an 8

Right. I burn the free Invoke on Rincwind's orb of transferable fury. I Succeed in Style, and choose to take a Boost: I swear this swear's an accident and deal Lavona 1 shift of damage (after her damage reduction)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Mimi was lucky. Things could have gone much worse for her if it wasn't for Percival's defensive auras. As much as he wanted to join in engaging the dragon, Percival knew he had to keep his allies safe first. He concentrates on recasting his aura, except this time, he glows brighter than ever before, like a mini-corgie shaped sun!

quote:

<Hugzilla> I guess I can try making more Aura of Blinding Protections
<Hugzilla> Yamifenrir: is that okay with you?
<Yamifenrir> yes
<Hugzilla> What would the difficulty be?
<Yamifenrir> 1
<Hugzilla> Percival is Carefully Creating an Advantage by casting his blinding aura again!
<Hugzilla> !r 4df+5
<Krysmbot> Hugzilla, /+--+5 = 4

Creating more Aura of Blinding Protection, and since I Succeed with Style, we get 2 free invokes!

• Locked thread