Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Situation Aspects:

Aura of Adorability
Basic Alchemy Lesson
Banefire Brand
Aura of Blinding Protection, 2 free invokes
Claws of Shadow, 1 free invoke
The (Man)children are chastised
A Dragon-Sized Migraine, 1 free invoke
You could really get pick-led with this lot, 1 free invoke
Shadow Overcharge, 1 invoke
Rincwind's orb of transferable fury

quote:

Foe: BOSS - Lavona, the Dark Beauty
Stress boxes: * ** *** **** ***** ****** Consequences: Minor, Moderate, Severe
Stunt: Bosses are bullshit anyway
Gain an extra action every time you are attacked.
Stunt: Draconic Scales
Reduce all incoming damage by 2.
Stunt: Nom Nom Nom
Instead of dealing damage, you can choose to chomp on an enemy leaving them unable to do any actions until rescued.
Stunt: Life Drain Aura
On an Attack that succeeds with style, regain your smallest marked Stress Box or Consequence.

Flaw: Can't hold her liquoir
While drunk, approaches are lowered by 3, regaining them at one per round. Currently: -1.

Lavona noticely sobers up... but she's still a mental wreck.

Turning her massive towards Zanzibar, she downright roars her sorrows at him. "DON'T YOU THINK I'VE SUFFERED ENOUGH!?" she sobs. However, she suddenly twitches, and holds her hand against her head. The migraine really doesn't help her right now.

"I'll make you suffer for this! [Hellfire Breath]! she declares as she takes in breath, and a massive jet of flame that melts everything it touches races towards Zanzibar!

With Zanzibars entire vision engulfed in flame, she then lunges forward, intent on snapping him up with her massive jaw!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fate Points: 0/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: Arm unfit for battle (Moderate) | Stress: [ ] [x] [ ]

"I sympathize, Lady Lavona", said Zanzibar, "I truly do", he continued as he [Uncanny Sidestep]ped from underneath the cone of flame, suffering only from mere embers clinging to his cloak that were more stylish than in any way harmful. Lavona was clearly distraught from the words on her hide, and Zanzibar was not at all happy about having taken advantage of such rudeness, even if it was largely accidental. Alas, so it was, and he resolved to count his blessings.

However, Lavona did not give him much time to ponder upon indignities inflicted, for she kept up her unrelenting assault as her head suddenly rose high up from the obscuring cloud of fire and flame, and lunged downwards at Zanzibar at lightning speed, maw open and bristling with teeth. Indeed, most any combatant would have been dragon chow at this point. But Zanzibar was not 'most any combatant'. He was his Lady's champion. And he had standards to keep. And even though he had but a split second, he made the best of it.

Zanzibar snapped the fingers of his wounded arm to release the energies that Percival had summoned, blinding the Dragon momentarily. Not long, but for long enough that she did not notice Zanzibar's [Pass Backward], and thus did not know to change her course, her maw eating nothing but dirt. She gained her senses just to see Zanzibar gaining air, jumping high with [Reaper's Leap], on course towards her face.

As for Zanzibar, he merely gazed into the Dragon woman's watery, bloodshot eyes, almost feeling the throb of her gigantic headache himself. And he reflected that he would have a lot to apologize to Lady Lavona for, later on. Alas. His heels dug deep into the Dragon's already pounding brow as he fell upon it, the pain increased even further as he pounced off of it, somersaulted backwards, fell on his feet, and pointed his sword at the Dragon once more, in battle stance as always.

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar defends Flashily against the Flashy Hellfire with his Flashy defense stunt!
Theantero: !r 4df+5
Krysmbot: Theantero, -+/++5 = 6
Theantero: hmm now this is a dilemma
Theantero: I think I'll actualy burn my own Boost here to make that an 8

Burning my Boost "I swear this swear's an accident" to Succeed

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar Flashily Defends against getting drool on his cool cape with STUNT POWERRR
Theantero: !r 4df+5
Krysmbot: Theantero, +-//+5 = 5
Theantero: I'll burn both bits of Blinding Protection, as well as Dragon Sized migraine
Theantero: to make that an 11
Yamifenrir: hmm, I'll fate point it
Theantero: in that case I'll fate too

Burning both Invokes of "Aura of Blinding Protection", the one Invoke of "A Dragon-Sized Migraine' and using Fate to Invoke "The Lady's (long suffering) Champion" as Zanz shows off his phat Single Combat chops and thus Succeed

Theantero fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 16, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Fate Points: 1 | Free Invokes:

He must have seen it at least a hundred times, and Oghrul still couldn’t help but be impressed by the Baron’s fencing. Not the flashy or flair bits, that is, but rather the pure skill of his swordsmanship. Definitely something to be respected, and the orc could learn a thing or two to be certain. Could being the keyword there. Wasn’t much fencing you could do with a warhammer, at least as far as Oghrul knew. Though of course, the Baron being so deadly left him quite the priority target. Watching as Lavona reared back for a fiery breath, the orc dashed over to Blackbone’s side, grabbing the cask of booze in a snap decision.

“‘Xcuse me, Blackbone, but I’ll be taking this.”

Leaving the Miner Lich to his own devices, Oghrul ran back over just as the dragon’s flames began to die down. drat, was he too late? But no, fortunately not, as she chose that moment to lunge forward and prepare to chomp down on the Baron. He expertly dodged out of the way, as expected of him, and Oghrul chose that opportunity to toss the cask forwards right as Lavona bit down. While some of the booze spilled out, enough made its way down her throat that the orc was confident it’d worsen that headache of hers. All the better for them to strike.

quote:

[14:39] <TheFireMagi> Oghrul is Forcefully Creating an Advantage by hurling Blackbone's booze cask into Lavona's mouth!
[14:39] <TheFireMagi> !r 4dF+3
[14:39] <Krysmbot> TheFireMagi, /+//+3 = 4
[14:40] <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+4
[14:40] <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, +--/+4 = 3
Making Lavona drunk as a skunk again so that her approaches get re-lowered!

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - Can I have your attention please? | Consequences: - | Stress: - [ ] [ ] [ ]

Blackbone nods in appreciation as Oghrul throws the cask, what an arm that ork has! The fact he managed to get it in the dragon's mouth as she lunged was impressive enough, let alone the weight and awkwardness of the object. It really was not designed to fly. Then again, now he thought about it how does a dragon fly? It's not like they're light like a bird. Otherwise Newbee would have all the force of a sparrow behind her punches... Maybe he should ask her about that sometime. Possible there was some secret dragon art to it.

Wait he was going to go ask a girl about her weight? No wonder he was just bones now! Probably how he died in the first place. HAHAHA!

Still he had to step his game up, this noise assault clearly wasn't doing what he thought it would. Should he try a flanking attack? He was no swords master like the Baron, and he had a feeling he was just going to get in the way. Way to undermine yourself...

oh hang on though!

He placed the now rather battered cloche on his head for protection and dived. If the dragon wasn't going to purposefully ignore him. Then it would miss him laying a trap.

quote:

<JohnOfOrdo3> Right, think I'll just go for digging under the floor again to destabilise her footing. So I'll create an advantage. If that's a set difficulty what am I rolling to beat?
<Yamifenrir> hmm. Considering it's a manmade building, destabilizing it would be a lot of work, so lets go with 3
<JohnOfOrdo3> Blackbone sneakily riddles the floor with pitfalls for the drunken dragon using his digging stunt
<JohnOfOrdo3> !r 4df+4
<Krysmbot> JohnOfOrdo3, //+/+4 = 5
throwing in my boost Can I have your attention please? to bring that up to a +7 to succeed with style

The building was quite well made. If he had more time he would have quite like to have a look at some of the foundations they were using. Could have been useful in ensuring the Clock tower back home wasn't going to collapse. But they had other things to do. So he stuck to weakening the floor. Carving out pockets of empty space for the Dragon to find with a misplaced lunge. He worked like a machine, the two pickaxes scooping out the earth in front of him like a dream. Weird he'd have thought it would have slowed him down. Maybe they just had really lovely ground here? Happy with his job. He surfaced again at the Dragon's other flank, making sure the others saw him. He pointed at the ground and held up his pickaxe. Trying to make sure they understood. The ground was rigged. Go crazy.

Creating the advantage Booby Trapped Battlefield with two free invokes

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fate Points: 0/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: Arm unfit for battle (Moderate) | Stress: [ ] [x] [ ]

Zanzibar stood back for but a moment, considering the situation. He'd been pressing the attack, yes, as was only sensible for him to do as the Mistress' champion. But Lavona was powerful, and allowing her to get into the flow would have been tactically unsound. Thus, it would be prudent to mix things up a bit. To take advantage of the fact she was focusing on him. Briefly, Zanzibar reflected on the nature of such tricks, and if they constituted uncouth sneakery. Hm, not really, he concluded, all the players had been present since the fight had started. Thus, this was but perfectly valid distraction. Thus bolstered by his reasoning, as well as the confidence caused by Blackbone and Oghrul's... interventions (the two lacked grace, yes, but their methods were undoubtedly effective), Zanzibar struck.

Well, pretended to, at the very least. His variety of showy flurries and flourishes, quick harrying thrusts and quick repeats, were worth nothing but ire and attention from the dragon, taken that they had no true hope of piercing her scales whatsoever. Of course, her attention was the only thing Zanzibar wanted here in the first place...

quote:

Theantero: Look at my COOL MOVES and COOL CAPE as I Flashily Create Advantage by distracting you, Lavona!
Theantero: !r 4df+3
Krysmbot: Theantero, -/+/+3 = 3
Yamifenrir: Lavona cleverly ignores Zanzibar!
Yamifenrir: !r 4df+1
Krysmbot: Yamifenrir, -+-++1 = 1

I Succeed, thus creating Advantage: Hello my name is Distraction with one free Invoke

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Mimi

Mimi wasn't done spitting spells yet. She hawked up a little Mage armour. Her throat was getting raw from all these spells. But hopefully it won't be much longer! This Drukgon had to be going down soon!

- - -
9:49 pm <ArashiOfOrdo3> Mimi will cleverly create an advantage by casting a low level defensive spell (+ stunt bonus)
9:49 pm <Krysmbot> ArashiOfOrdo3, -/-++4 = 3
9:48 pm <Yamifenrir> 1

New advantage: mage armour - 1 invoke

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: "Size Isn't Everything!" | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

While the rest of the guardians kept my (much) older, drunk doppelganger in check, I darted up into the darkness shrouding the air above the arena. It was not as if she could hope to keep up with my speed. Her size and... developments may give her the advantage in a direct conflict, but I'll show her exactly why I'm the real Dark Dragon in these parts. The real Dark Beauty!! I flip up against the ceiling, perch for a moment, and then spring back down towards her with all the speed I can muster. Her scales may be tough, but not tough enough to resist my...

"『DARK DRAGON DIVE』!"

That caught her attention, but she's too slow! Serves her right for being so big. God, she's like a cow. My shadow claws scrape against her scales, sparks flying wildly, and as I bounce off the floor and take to the air again I can see a series of scratches running all down her flank. Hmph! That'll show her!

Attack posted:

9:13 AM <Tricky> Newbee Quickly dive-bombs Lavona!
9:13 AM <Tricky> !r 4dF+4
9:13 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, +//-+4 = 4

9:14 AM <Yamifenrir> Lavona quickly dodges!
9:14 AM <Yamifenrir> !r 4df+2
9:14 AM <Krysmbot> Yamifenrir, -/-/+2 = 0

The Attack Succeeds with Style, inflicting 1-stress (after Lavona's stunt armor) and creating the boost, "Size Isn't Everything!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Situation Aspects:

Shadow Overcharge, 1 invoke
Booby Trapped Battlefield

Everyone

Lavona turns around towards Newbee, and lunges forward to try and grab her! ... but as she does so, the freshly destabilized floor caves in on her, and she is unable to grab the tiny dragon in her giant claw.

However, instead of getting out of the hole, she just starts sobbing for a moment. "I give up. It's pretty clear you'll just wear me down, and I'd prefer to get out of this without lasting damage..." she explains, as she turns back into her humanoid form.

Walking towards Lady Midnight, she pulls out a keyring and hands it to her. "Just... take these. I'm technically not supposed to give you ALL of them, but... whatever. I'm done with this place. These two are for the treasure chests up top." Lavona says, thinly grinning.

Lady Midnights eyes flash up dangerously as Lavona mentions treasure chests, enough for Lavona to flinch. "Thanks. So, you coming to us then? We're based out of the clockwork tower. We got an arena over there, sort of similar to this one. There's enough space for you and your kids until we figure out a more permanent solution." Lady Midnight explains

Lavona gives a surprisingly soft smile in response. "Thanks. I'll... need some time to collect my kids and eggs. ... Uh... a lot of time, actually. Should be done by the time you're done with this dungeon, though." she explains, as she turns to walk off. "Goodbye for now!"

Waiting for Lavona to leave the room, she turns to you all. "Good job, everyone! You made that look easy." she praises you. "While you were working hard, I was busy too. Say hello to your new little sister!" she declares.

Extending her right hand overly dramatically, she gestures towards a spot that is suddenly engulfed by a pillar of white light. When the light fades, all of a sudden a naga enchantress fills that formerly empty spot. With a mix of curiosity and confusion, she looks at her surroundings. "Welcome, Coral! Why don't you explain what you can do?" she asks of you.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - Can I have your attention please? | Consequences: - | Stress: - [ ] [ ] [ ]

Blackbone looks the naga up and down. Then over at Newbee, then back to the Naga. Seeing scales as a common feature the two shared and taking less a leap of logic and more like a run up off a cliff.

"...So what you thought you could make a better Newbee and decided to do it without wings or legs?"

He scratched his skull, producing a sound like nails down a blackboard.

"Seems to me like a bit of a step down Master. If you don't mind me saying so. What's wrong with legs? How are they supposed to wear boots? Or trousers? Truly we follow a dark genius to inflict that punishment on their own servants. What is she? Some kind of worm woman? She'd never get anywhere underground with a fin like that... Or is that a head wing? Oghrul, you're pretty learned. What is she?"

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: None | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

As Lady Midnight began the NPC Creation process, Coral felt herself being born, and,

When it was finished, she fell to the floor with a graceful plop.

Well, this was new. In fact, everything was all new! She opened her eyes for the first time and processed the sight in front of her. Her creator, Lady Midnight, stood majestically to the side -- her right hand splayed out in a definitely-not-overdramatic fashion -- and presented Coral to her brothers and sisters. They stood, also majestically (everything feels pretty majestic immediately after being created), around her. Observing her. Coral felt they looked like Gods; a mighty and gallant Pantheon born of and in the service of one true Overgod -- Lady Midnight. And she was joining them! It was enough to make her bubble over! What a wondrous and majestic and majestirous mome-- And then one of them spoke.

"Whaaaaaat?" She slithered over to Blackbone, "I'm a not a worm! I don't go underground! I go into the water, like, like--" Coral started to perform an awkward breaststroke in the air, "Like a fish." She thwaped her tail against the ground, "It's better; fish eat worms! And I don't need clothes. I'm naturally dressed! Although, I can equip..." Her eyes flicked upwards as if trying to remember some small detail, "barding. I can wear barding -- which is basically as good as pants!"

Having successfully defended her honor, Coral turns towards the others. She lets out a small cough, collects her composure, and introduces herself, "Hello! I am Coral, and I am a Naga." She pauses, and decides to repeat the word slowly for Blackbone's benefit, "A nah-gah. But I'm more than just an ordinary mob creature! ! I'm also an enchantress, and with my sonorous voice, I shall entrap Lady Midnight's foes into slumber or delusion!"

She pauses, places a hand delicately on her throat, and let's her voice sing for a few seconds. It is surprisingly loud, and echos oddly throughout the dungeon.

"Not bad for a first timer, eh?" Coral smiles at her own joke, "I am also skilled in scouting, trap disarmament, and, and," her heart started to beat faster in her chest, "puh-puzzle solving... Please! If you find any puzzles, let me know at once! Even if you think it'd be inconvenient for me; it wouldn't be at all! Never ever!"

General introduction finished, she slides over to her siblings for personal ones, starting with --

---

Baron Zanzibar, "Hello, royal skeleton! You look... very noble!" She grasps one of his hands with both of her own, and gives him a firm handshake, "You must be a very proud and loyal servant to The Creator; right? Don't worry! I am too!!"

---

Oghrul Skullbasher, "Hello, Orc..." She searched for another descriptor, but nothing came to her. He just looked so quintessentially Orcish, there were no other words she knew! "Ah, uh, you look very strong! I am sure I will find myself cowering behind you often." Coral leaned forward and dropped her voice to a whisper, "...It might surprise you to learn this, but I don't have many points in strength!"

---

Coral slithers up to Blackbone with a little less enthusiasm than the others, "Hello, digging skeleton... I..." think of a compliment, Coral, "I am not a worm." Dammit! She bit her lip, these were her siblings, she had to be friendly to them! "If I come across any trousers, or boots, in my scouting; I will make sure to bring them back to you." There. That was certainly polite.

---

When she sees Mimi, Coral...

"ehhe, eheheheheehe." One of the fellow servants of the Creator -- one of her very own siblings was literally a trap!? Coral bubbled over, "You're beautiful...." she whispers, before sliding off in a fit of euphoria...

---

Coral tiptails herself a bit taller, looking at the floating Newbee straight in the eye, "Hello, little whelp -- oh! You must be Newbee, right? You're the only one else that has scales!" Coral pauses, "And a lot else on, isn't it..." a bit much? Coral didn't finish the sentence. She was perfectly happy in just her scales, but she had also only been alive for less than half an hour. Maybe it was an acquired taste? But, one thing she did honestly like was, "That bow! It's very cute. It's very good, with the scales! Maybe I can get one someday?"

---

And finally, there was... What is this thing? With everyone else, Coral had recognized their form innately, but what was this... fluffy, panting, midget??

She bent down and scooped the strange creature into her arms. Coral held Percival up as high as she could, showing it to the others, "What is this!?" She inquired, "It's very light and soft. What is it! I don't know at all. It's the first thing I don't know!" Despite the question in her voice, she had an enthusiastic expression on her face. Learning what this thing was would be her very first lesson!!!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Zanzibar cleaned his sword and sheathed it in a single deft movement, before bowing respectfully as Lavona left the scene. She fought well, and knew well enough not to pointlessly delay the inevitable, which was an admirable quality to possess. She would be a formidable asset for the dungeon, even better if her... unfortunate penchant for alcoholic beverages could be somewhat curbed.

As for the new arrival, Zanzibar offered a polite nod when they shook hands, as well as an introduction. "You flatter me, young lady Coral. Rest assured that I am likewise pleased to make your acquaintance, as well as quite taken by your enthusiasm. You will serve the Mistress well, I am certain."

Zanzibar gazed after the naga as she slithered on forward on her little meet and greet. She had enthusiasm, yes, and childlike glee (which was understandable, given her age), as well as filling yet another niche in their repertoire with her abilities. Yes, she could be an asset, a good one too. But children had a way of getting too curious for their own good, and even though Zanzibar was not one to judge unduly, he could not entirely shake the feeling deep in his sternum that his future might involve cleaning after an ever increasing amount of hijinks...

None of this he let show on his face however, one of the perks of being a skeleton. He would abide.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: "Size Isn't Everything!" | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

Hmph! It serves that washed-up has-been right! She didn't stand a chance against my might. Maybe it made me feel a little sad that she was crying so much, but that was her fault!! If she didn't want to get beat up, she shouldn't have tried to stop us. Still... what was it that Lady Midnight was saying? She was going to be staying in the Clock Tower's arena? Huh. I didn't realize that we had one other than mine... Of course, that was unimportant! Lady Midnight had made a new guardian?? My mouth dropped open as I looked Coral. She was... sooooo cute! Sure, she was sorely lacking in certain attributes like, say, wings or legs, but... Well, I would simply have to look out for her! What else is an older sister to do, after all?

As we met each other's eyes and I noticed her marvel over my wonderful clothing, I grinned widely and planted my arms on my hips, "Hmph-hpmh-hmph! Indeed! I am the Mistress's Dark Beauty, the dreaded Newbee!" I chose to magnanimously ignore the whelp comment. It was a common enough mistake, after all, and she was surely confused by all of the new sights and sounds. But not confused enough to miss out on my greatest pride! "Indeed, you have a keen eye, sister! It is the mark of the Mistress's favor! I'm sure that if you serve her well you too will be conferred such an honor!"

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/3 | Stress boxes: 1 [X]

The fight was over. Mimi breathed a sigh of relief. She was not built for a brawl. She was a Mimic dammit! They weren't ambush predators for nothing! Even so, it was over now, and that was all that mattered. Mimi looked to her injury, a bruise, but it was probably the worst injury she'd had since she'd been created.

Clearly this meant she needed pats, and comforting. Clearly.

That wasn't going to happen though. Instead they got a new sister. Mimi, knew all kinds of things about Naga! She knew about everything. She was expecting something... cold. Disinterested. Another arse head unable to appreciate her gifts. Then Coral slithered up to her.

Coral posted:

"Beautiful"

Mimi went very still... she went red. Not just her cheeks. But her whole body. A subtle crimson. She slowly reached out a hand, hovering for just a few moments. Before gently patting the Naga on the head. Her voice came back strained.

"...You are the best thing ever...!" She breathed. Her eyes wide with glee. "Do you like traps then?!" She sounded a little over excited. But that was the nature of a shared interest.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 1 | Free Invokes:

Oghrul nods with a look of approval on his face as Lavona surrenders. Sometimes, there were just battles you couldn’t win. Better to accept a graceful defeat then waste pointless effort. Not that he should be one to talk! If he was in her position, he would have fought to the end if the Chief demanded it, pointless it may have been. Such stubbornness was only right for a soldier, after all. Basking in the Chief’s praise for a moment, it takes the orc a moment to recognize what she just said. A little sister? What-

-and then Coral appeared. A naga. Splendid. Well, it was better than another dragon, Oghrul supposed, even if he wasn’t entirely fond of songstresses. Too noisy. Too hungry for attention. Unless this one happened to actually know a few marches, in which case he might consider changing his mind. But until then, he considered her little more than another body he had to protect…

...did she say puzzles? Well then. Almost childish nature aside, he thought with eyes gleaming, there might be something worthwhile in that head of her’s after all. Stroking his chin for several seconds as he stared at her, the orc eventually replied with a grunt,

“Hmph. It’s Oghrul. Oghrul Skullbasher. Stay behind me as much as you like, little one. Such is my primary role. ...And as for puzzles, I would be more than pleased to share such matters with you, if the moment arises.”

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 2 Boost:

Percival couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Lavona. He's not used to his opponents breaking out into tears, and it made him feel a little bad. A part of him wants to give her a friendly, comforting nuzzle, and tell her that it's okay! There's no need to feel bad! You were doing great! But there would be a time for comfort later, especially now that the master has introduced them to their new ally.

The corgi walks excitedly stoically to greet his new naga sibling, but before he could say anything, he found himself lifted off his feet. "H-hey!" Well, this is slightly embarrassing. "I am Percival "Missile" Jasper, the master's loyal paladin hellhound. I am a mighty warrior, and I would kindly ask you to please let me down!" He protests, as he swings his tiny arms and legs around in a fruitless attempt to get out of the naga's grip.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

Lady Midnight, in the meantime, wandered off and opened the treasure chests.

"Ooh, lucky you, Coral! There's something in here for you already!" she declares, dragging a large, beautifull looking trident out of the chest. After that, reaching deeper into the chest (in fact, due to her small size she very much has to bend herself over the edge... she pulls out a cape.

A cape bearing the most disgusting combination of pink and yellow ever witnessed. It is so visually repulsive it hurts the eyes, and yet...

"Huh. No idea what it is, but apparently it's for duelists only. Go on, give it a try!" Lady Midnight orders. And with that, Zanzibar's fate was sealed... "And 500 gold pieces. Nice."

With some happy whistling, she moves onto the other chest.

"Oh, wow. Naga barding! That saves us me so much mo-- I mean, trouble! It saves us so much trouble. Enjoy having some actual armor, Coral!"

Again, she has to bend over the treasure chest to reach the deeper lot. "Ooh! This is a mining light. Probably better than what you have right now, Blackbone." she explains, as she grabs the last item, a strange looking potion.

"Alright, that's all! Let's take a short break to recover, and then we move on to the cellar. The next boss is going to be the Wine Seller." she explains, before her sight turns to Newbee and Mimi. "Oh, by the way, where did you find those clothes? They look great!"

Everyone, clear your stress box/Mild consequences!

This is a significant Milestone - clear your stress boxes. Also, Zanzibar, this counts as the second session - clear your moderate consequence.

Also, your FP refresh!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 4, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 3/3 | Free Invokes:

Absent-mindedly cleaning and polishing the Shield of De Verr as the Chief began to divvy out the loot, Oghrul sat in contemplation about the composition of their group now that they had an additional teammate to consider. There were seven of them on the frontlines now, not including the Chief. That was a lot of bodies to cover even with two of them on the defensive, ignoring the fact that Newbee tended to leap right into the enemies and completely disregard strategies or formation. Technically, throwing yourself into the fray was a method of drawing the enemy's attention in battle, but Oghrul didn’t like it. Admittedly, that was possibly because of who was involved, but details.

Regardless, with more lives to protect behind his shield then before, the orc needed to consider new tactics. How to position himself so that he could be able to defend any one at any time, regardless if he was under assault or not. It would be challenging, no doubt, but it was the exact kind of challenge that he was suited for. Leave the destruction and devastation to the others, Oghrul decided. Focus on keeping their reckless selves up and moving.

OOC: Or in other words, boosting Careful from +2 to +3, and replacing “When All You Have is a Hammer” with “Stalwart Soldier of the Vanguard” (1/scene, off-action can Defend for an ally)

Noticing that the Chief seems to be finished handing out the treasure, Oghrul rises to his feet and begins to walk over when-

“...Gwahahaha! That’s… that’s quite the cape, Baron. Come, try it on. I can’t wait to see how it looks on you.”

-for the first time in awhile, the usually stern and grumpy orc bursts out into genuine laughter at the all too hideous sight.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 4, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 2/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [ ] [ ] [ ]

A million screaming voices rang inside Zanzibar's hollow skull, his very core shaken by the assault wrought against his senses by a million spears of garish yellow and tasteless pink. Indeed, this was far worse than any attack against him only could be, for this was attempted genocide against ALL that was decent in the world. It was a walking war crime against good taste itself.

But even then.

Zanzibar abides.

"...Very good, Mistress", said the skeleton, his words even, his maxilla stiff and unwavering as he took the travesty and gazed upon it, moderately surprised his hands didn't disintegrate with contact "I do, after all, represent you in single combat, so advantages are good to have", Zanzibar hoped beyond hope that this subtle reminder might make the Mistress reconsider. Not too much hope however, for in his sternum he knew it was too subtle for the Mistress to catch or care about.

"I thank you most deeply, Mistress, for this... boon you have chosen to grant me."

Zanzibar bowed, and after a fateful moment, donned the cape presented to him.

He would carry this burden, for the sake of his Mistress. No matter how unreasonably heavy and ill-conceived it was.

Zanzibar straightened his back, slowly turned towards Oghrul and intoned, "Your opinion is duly noted, Sir Skullbasher", before turning away once more. He sounded tired.

Right, clearing all the stress and consequences, for my Major Advance to give my Flashy +1, as well as changing my stunt "Master of the Debuff Stack" from giving +2 towards Quickly Overcoming buffs to giving +2 when Quickly Defending against Buffs (advantages) being made (change made as a freebie as per GM's ruling).

Theantero fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 4, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Doing his best to restrain himself from further chuckling, Oghrul clasps Zanzibar on his bony shoulder, grinning at the skeletal noble in a good-humored way. Gesturing with his head towards Newbee, and to a lesser extent Mimi, the orc says in a joking manner,

“Ah, don’t act so down about it, Baron. Sure, it’s not a great look on you, or anyone really. But it’s also not one of those dresses the girls seem to be so obsessed over. Think about how’d that look on you, eh? And at least the cape won’t get in the way of your fighting.”

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/2 | Stress boxes:

- - -

Losing 1 Fate, to get new Stunt: Because Mimi is Made of mouths and Teeth once per game she can Eat someone human sized or smaller whole and remove them from the scene to spit them back out 3 turns later

Increasing Clever to +3

- - -

Mimi looks at her Kemono. She'd not tried it on yet... maybe it was time? She slipped on the garment and give it an experimental twirl.

"How do I look Mistress?" Okay, she was clearly fishing for a compliment. But at least this way if something did go wrong, she was here to try and fix it. She still had to try out her Beast Soul too... Hmmm.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: - [ ] [ ] [ ]

Blackbone took the mining light and rattled it about. He then stowed it away. He'd give it a try later, his own spectral headlight would suffice for now but he'd get a chance to try it out in the field before too long. This new pick though. Something was wrong with it, it didn't have the satisfying impact of his other pick. When it hit the earth there was a give to it, then a slide as it sunk deeper. There was no denying it's effectiveness though. Ate right through earth and stone. He stowed it safely away and stretched. He felt good, stronger. He thought about flexing to check his muscles before remembering he didn't have any. That could have been embarrassing.

"Thanks very much Master."

He glanced over at Coral, he was glad Lady Midnight had found some Naga barding. He had been trying to picture her dressed up in the skin of musicians. Not a pretty picture but maybe it helped with the singing or something? He'd been on entirely the wrong track, though he wasn't sure how metal armour helped anyone swim. Then again maybe it was like how he did it? Just walk along the bottom. He'd probably have to ask her. Then again he'd already done what he was good at, digging himself into a hole. Maybe he should leave it for a little while and wait to get to know them a little better before trying again? Yeah, good plan skeleton man.

"Didn't we already find the wine cellar? It's just down the corridor there. Didn't try to attack me or nothin' I bet we could smash it to bit dead easy"

He pointed back to where he'd found the booze and felt slightly guilty about the butler there.

Taking +1 to Forceful for a total of +4 and leaving it at that

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: None | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

"Wow! You're a hellhound? And my brother!?" Coral gently shakes the fluffy thing in her hands, "You don't look like a hellhound to--" She pauses, how did she know what a hellhound look like? How did she know anything? Inborn knowledge was weird. "You ARE a hellhound! Haha, I learned something new." With a smile, she puts Percival back down on the ground. Coral slithers back a few feet, giving the paladin some space, and then bows her head to him, "You're a mighty paladin, Percival? Well, please look after me, then! My constitution is not great."

Coral spins around at Oghrul's question, "Yes, I love puzzles!" Another quick turn to Mimi, "And traps! And any obstacles that need to be overcome through wit and study! I don't know why. I've never ever seen one before! But for some reason even just saying the words gets my heart beating..." Before she can begin to ponder the mysteries of her own existence, she sees Lady Midnight holding the trident and barding.

"OH!" Coral yelps, hands going to her face, "Oh, just wonderful!" Her powerful tail thwaps once against the ground, and she slides surprisingly quickly over to her creator, "I can equip both those. Would you mind if I...?" She gently reached for the gear from Lady Midnight's inventory.

Coral held up the barding, not-so-subtlety tilting her head towards Blackbone, "Looks like a perfect fit."

Then she puts it on, and as she spins her tail around to make sure the binding is tight enough, she equips the trident and does a quick, amateurish flourish in the air, "Hiayh!!" She let's a battlecry with a smile on her face.

Coral increases her Quick from +2 to +3. Leaving my stunts alone right now because I've never used them and have no idea if they're good or bad!

Scrree fucked around with this message at 18:59 on May 5, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I spun and twirled to better demonstrate my wonderful dress to the Mistress, "We beat up those nasty players, remember? They wanted your golden rabbit and those bear bits!" I was fairly sure that she had already seen the dress since she gave me the ring for flying, but... Well, I can't say I don't like the attention! It's rare enough that anyone other than Percival actually acknowledges how great I am and strong and wonderful and beautiful and... And.. Well, they should do that more!!

Seeing that our new little sister was too busy getting presents from the Mistress to admire my ribbon anymore or hold Percival, I floated over to him and buried my face in his fluffy fur. He had, perhaps, not been the most noticeable of us during the battle with that would-be beauty, but I knew that his contributions were the reason we had won so handily. My voice was muffled by his fur as I said, "You're a very good boy, Percival. I am always honored to fight by your side." I knew that he had been excited by an attack that would combine our prodigious strengths, though the situation had not allowed its use. Surely within the depths of this wine cellar we would find such an opportunity!

Newbee increases her forceful to Great (+4) with the significant milestone and exchanges Draconic Dragoon for Truly Tanky (+2 to Forcefully Defend against bosses!) with her minor milestone.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Percival couldn't stay mad at Coral. Her enthusiasm was practically infectious. He says, "Don't worry! I'll make sure to protect you from whatever harm that comes your way!" and gives her a doggy thumbs up!

Newbee's sudden show of affection was a surprise, but it was not unwanted. Percival happily wags his tail back and forth, and affectionately licks his friend on the cheek, "I am honored as well, Newbee! You've done a great job as well!" The pup is just glad there's at least one person who appreciates what he does. He tries his very best to provide support for his allies, and often that support goes unnoticed, so the acknowledgment from Newbee was very appreciated!

Missile increases his Quickly to +2, and exchanges Dog of War for to Doggo Missile (+2 to Quickly Attack when I charge, or am thrown, into action).

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 5, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Everyone

Smiling, Lady Midnight steps forward. "Looking good!" she exclaims. "Alright, let's go!"

Moving on, you visit the wine cellar Blackbone already visited earlier. "Alright, here's the deal. You see all of those bottles standing around in there? We need to sort all of them back into their proper places. Be careful, though! If you mess it up, it'll spawn an enemy we have to defeat. And yes, I am aware that these bottles very much look the same. Well, then, good luck!" Lady Midnight explains.

Despite having said 'we', Lady Midnight simply stands by (at a safe distance, of course) and watches you go on at your business.

Before you are 21 bottles, they nearly look the same with only minor differences in label or color. There's also footsteps all over the place, some ending in dead ends, some doubling back on themselves, and other oddities. The difficulty to properly sort a bottle in is 6, and yes, you do have to do it individually. There might be ways to lower the DC; though...

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 6, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

As I bobbed through the air behind the group, I was lost in thought. If Lavona was coming to live with us, what could I do to really impress the Mistress...? Obviously, I was the superior dragon, but what if... What if she got confused?? Would I get left to watch that hussy's gigantic clutch of eggs while they all went and had fun adventures? I shook my head. No! I couldn't let that happen. I needed to really step up my game and show everyone what I can do. Maybe I'm not as big or as smart or as endowed, but... Well, one thing's for sure! I could beat up anything! Nothing could stand before my claws.

Of course, what waited for us in the wine cellar was the one thing I feared most: A problem that I couldn't solve with violence! It was so very, very tempting to just jam a bunch of bottles in whichever way, beat up anything that dared to face me in battle, and move on, but... Well, I needed to show Coral how impressive I was as an older sister! I needed to show the Mistress just how valuable I was compared to that hag! And that all meant that I needed to — ugh — play along with this... challenge. But how? I ignored the bottles for the moment. They all looked the same. That was boring. But these footsteps? They looked interesting.

I didn't say anything as I started to trace the path. I even stopped floating around and matched my steps to the footprints. There was... could it be a pattern? A hint?? I grinned and said, "Coral!! I think I found something! Look at this!"

I pointed at the base of one of the walls, "See? Some of the footsteps go inside it! They're halfway cut off!" I planted my arms on my side and did my best to look impressive as I awaited the praise that was sure to be coming my way!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:31 PM
@Tricky: 4dF+1 Newbee attempts to Cleverly decipher the footsteps! (CaA, Difficulty 3) = (-b+b)+1 = 1
Burning the boost to make that a 3!

The Create an Advantage Ties, but essentially Succeeds since it's an existing aspect! The aspect "Footsteps leading into walls" is revealed with one free invoke.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 5, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 2/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Zanzibar idly slid a finger across a wine rack as he walked towards Newbee, gathering the dust on a glove-wrapped phalanx and marveling at it until finally rubbing it off with his thumb. This place could use a cleanup.

"An astute find, Miss Newbee", he said, "I wonder then, do these passages somehow connect? Mapping them as well as the footsteps might be in order", Zanzibar kicked a bit of loose rock into the hidden doorway, the echo of falling objects immediately filling the air. "Trap doors", he stated flatly. "We should proceed with caution."

quote:

Yami Fenrir: okay, let's say you started off with kicking rocks into it or something - because you noticed there's a trapdoor right behind the wall

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar Cleverly Creates Advantage by mapping out these strange hidden passages/footsteps (difficulty 2)
Theantero: /r 4df+2
SidekickBOT: @Theantero: 4df+2 = (+bbb)+2 = 3

Creating Aspect: Passage Scouting with 1 free Invoke.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: Newborne Euphoria!| Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

Coral's hand had been hovering over a bottle when her older sister's voice rang out, "Coming!" the Naga replied, leaving the bottle puzzle behind. It was a tantalizing riddle, how to sort the bottle back into their proper spot, but also one with a harsh penalty for failure. If Coral was more than an hour old, she might have had the confidence to storm forward fully trusting in her own abilities... But for now, it seemed more natural to follow the others.

And oh, where they led her! "Wow! Newbee, what a find!" When Zanzibar kicked a rock in and revealed the trap doors, Coral placed a hand over heart and tensed her tail up to keep from fainting from excitement. A complex puzzle, with secret hallways, containing traps? Could there be a greater birthday gift!?!

"I got this." If anyone wanted to disagree with that statement, Coral didn't wait for them. The Naga almost threw herself towards the hidden hallway, moving towards the trap with all of her substantial haste. As she actually nears the trap door, however, something happens to her movement. The short, quick S-motion of her tail begins to elongate out into wider waves, and the hyperactive expression of glee on her face begins to transition into an almost serene calm. She coiled her tail at the very edge of one side of the trap door, reached over to the far corner of the other side, and with slow, confident motions --

quote:

Scrree - Today at 9:52 AM
/roll 4df+5
SidekickBOT - Today at 9:52 AM
@Scrree: 4df+5 = (b--+)+5 = 4
Coral Carefully Overcomes the Trap of the Trap Door (Difficulty 1)! Using the stunt 'Patience Borne From Love' to boost her careful from +3 to +5 for this roll. Succeeded with style!

-- tilts the door upwardly slightly, taking a look at the normally-hidden guts and mechanics of the trap. "Hmmmmmm." Basic gear structure. More than a couple pounds of weight causes the whole thing to give way, but then the trap naturally resets thanks to the power of a metal spring. "Mmmmmh." Coral reached into a pouch on her barding and pulled out some pretty stones she'd picked up -- pretty stones are never bad to have on hand! If she could just wedge the teeth of the gears in the hinges, then...

click-clak

She moved in rotation across the other three corners.

click-clak. click-clak. click-clak.

Then, with the same serene expression on her face, she turned back towards the rest of the party, spread her arms wide, and fell backwards into the trap door.

It jostled, but held her weight. "Aahhahahaha!" Coral laughed and started to make snowangel motions on top of the disabled trap. "I did it, it's safe! I made it safe!" She called out, her tail rattling happily. Sure, that had been a very easy job, but it'd still been her first one and she'd done it right and wow! What a credit to the team she was!

Creating the Boost 'Newborne Euphoria' as Coral aces her first task within like, an hour of being born!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Ohhh... puzzles. Mimi was a clever creature. Mimi's were blessed with a certain amount of intelligence naturally, and gathered more as they aged. But wine wasn't something that Mimi had had to investigate before. The village wasn't exactly overflowing with the stuff. But! There was something she could do. A while back Mistress had given her a book on wine she'd got from a quest!

Well....

Mimi ate it.

But! reasons that Mimi had the book aside. All she had to do was go digging for it!

- - -

Activating stunt! "Because of my bag of holding like properties, once per session I can produce just the perfect item for the situation at hand."

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 10, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Oghrul sighed as he stepped lightly over the disarmed trapdoor, leaving the naga to her amusement. Nothing wrong with revelling in a job well done, of course, but ‘twas one of the most basic of basic traps. If she couldn’t handle this, he would have honestly been worried. That she was so amused as is was concerning in itself. Just how skilled (or unskilled) was Coral if a trapdoor was so worthy of celebration…? Slightly more doubtful than a few moments before, the orc continued on down through the secret passage, curious to see where it would lead.

OOC: No roll, just checking out what’s going on over here.

E:

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 5:08 PM
@TheFireMagi I'm too lazy to post, so I'll just tell you what you see: two doors, one left, one right, down the corridor
TheFireMagi - Today at 5:10 PM
/r 1d2 #1 is Left 2 is Right
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:10 PM
@TheFireMagi: 1d2 1 is Left 2 is Right = (2) = 2

Figuring it would be best to test out what was in front of him before proceeding further down the corridor, Oghrul goes for the door on his right as he calls back to the rest of the group,

"Oi, we've got two doors down this passage! I'll be checking out the first on the right!"

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 10, 2017

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Blackbone lifted one of the bottles up and considers it. "Master we should have asked your new Dragon what we're supposed to do with these. I bet she must have polished off the majority of them. Maybe she could have saved us the bother of this puzzle too." He glanced over at the still thrilled fish/wormsnake girl. "But I somehow don't see that happening"

He hears Oghrul calling from up ahead and with a quick glance behind them to make sure no one was going to sneak up on Lady Midnight, ambled over to Oghrul. "You want that I should take the other door? Or shall I hold your belt for when there's a trapdoor on the other side of the door. That's where I'd put it. No one ever expects them there. Pretty sure I can hold your weight up or pull you back if need be." He takes a firm grip of Oghrul's belt, just in case. He was fond of the ork. Even if he was covered in icky gooey bits.

quote:

giving up my action to give Oghrul a +1 against whatever he's going to run into beyond the door. Teamwork yo.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Percival follows behind Blackbone to go check out the doors inside the secret passage. He stands in front of the door Oghrul was about to check, and holds out a paw to stop him from opening it, "Wait! There could be something dangerous behind this door. Let me see if I can sniff out what's behind it, first."

He raises his nose, and sniffs the air around him. Surely, with his keen sense of smell, he should be able to have a good sense of what lies beyond the door, right?

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 9:11 PM
difficulty.... hmm, 4
because it really, really smells like wine

@Hugzilla: 4dF+3 Percival is going to Carefully sniff out what's behind Door #2 to Create an Advantage! = (--b-)+3 = 0

Hugzilla - Today at 9:14 PM
well yami
enjoy your FP
because i'm going to use a FP to reroll!

@Hugzilla: 4df+3 ROLL BETTER DARNIT = (b+--)+3 = 2

Yami Fenrir - Today at 9:16 PM
congratz, you smell wine

"Ugh," he pinches his nose closed, "All I can smell is the- ugh- wine." He turns to the orc, "Oh well, I suppose it doesn't really matter. There's probably nothing dangerous behind it. I'm sure you'll be fine!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Missile

No, wait! There's a really strange smell, after all - but it isn't from behind the door - that just smells like wine.

Compeling Nose for these Things: Follow the strange smell! Without telling anyone. You're too busy trying to not lose the scent in this mess of smells!

Oghrul

As you touch the doorknob and twist it, it suddenly changes shape! Quickly engulfing your hand, it traps your hand inside its mass as it the rest of the body creates a fist to punch you straight in the face with!

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 5:10 PM
/roll 4df+5 #The right door attacks Oghrul?!?
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:10 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+5 The right door attacks Oghrul?!? = (bb-b)+5 = 4

Blackbone

The hell? Did the DOOR just attack Oghrul?! The force of the sudden attack pushes you back, directly into the other door! It quickly creates a bed of spikes on its surface, and then wraps a tentacle around you as you slam into it, trying to slam you into the spikes!

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 5:11 PM
/roll 4df+5 #The left door attacks Blackbone. Wait, what!?
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:11 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+5 The left door attacks Blackbone. Wait, what!? = (++bb)+5 = 7

Mimi

After a bit of digging (your stomach is huge, okay!?), you eventually find the book you were looking for! Let's see. Comparing the bottles with the images in the book, it seems that if you sort them like this -- yeah! But, then again... hmm...

You managed to pre-sort the bottles a bit better, but you don't know where the bottles themselves are supposed to go. DC lowered to 4!

Newbee

Ughh! This puzzle is freaking stupid. Mimi pulled out some sort of book that seems to be a guide, but even then you're not making any progress. Why don't we just... put a bottle in somewhere? Who cares if you have to fight something? This is a waste of time...

Compelling Delusions of Grandeur: Screw this dumb puzzle, just shove a few bottles into empty spots (tell me how many), and try to get this waste of time over with.

Coral

Hey, good work! Makes you feel empowered, doesn't it? You've just been doing and you're already helping! But it seems like people are having trouble with the bottle puzzle, and Newbee is seems super annoyed already. Be a good little sister and help her out, yes? Surely, you'll make Newbee super happy if you manage to progress that puzzle!

Compeling Puzzle and Trap Enthusiast: You've aced your very first test of skill! What could possibly be hard about this one?

Zanzibar

It seems like people have split up into two groups. Some are investigating the hallways, some seem to be trying to figure out the bottles the hard way. Which group are you going to stay with?

Compelling The Lady's (long suffering) Champion: The Mistresses, of course. Nevermind the battle noises down the hallway.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 23, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Newborne Euphoria!| Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

Coral lay on the disarmed trap door, happy as a pea in it’s pod. Undoing a trap was truly fulfilling work; sure, this particular one was almost childishly easy, but a true puzzle enthusiast understood that difficulty was only one metric of puzzle quality. Coral knew that one must also engage with a trap’s placement, craftsmanship, and aesthetic in order to truly appreciate it’s wonder. The trap door might’ve been simple, but it’s placement immediately after the secret wall was devious – to miss that was to miss the grassland for the blade.

As she mused, several of her older sibs walked the path of the hidden hallway. Some looked at her with judgmental bemused expressions. Instinctively, she understood that she should follow them. She was a scout, explicitly made for not only finding secrets but also unlocking the gates barring access to them , and if the exploration turned into battle she could sing useful buffs for her allies. Really, it was very clear to her that following Percival (the cutie!), Blackbone (the rudie!), and Orghul (the orcie!) was the best course of action. Yet…

She slithered back into the main room with a greedy expression on her face. She might be a siren, but those bottles were calling to her! She approached her older sisters, Mimi, Newbee, and Zanzibar, “I think they’ve got the hallway handled,” she willfully ignored any sounds coming from that direction, “I’m going to start on the bottles, okay? Okay! Watch me go!” With that happy cry, she began move between the bottles and the shelves in a long, slow, circling motion. Her long, muscular tail slide gracefully between bottles, no matter how close she got, she never disturbed any of them.

On her third rotation around the bottles and the shelves she suddenly paused, quickly checked over the labels of every bottle that was facing north, chuckled softly to herself, and began moving as before.

On the sixth rotation Coral stopped over a bottle and finally let herself use her hands. Carefully, gently, only using the tips of her fingers, she caressed the glass from front to back. Then, after a second’s pause, she picked it up. She looked back at the others and announced in a soft voice, “This one goes...”

Carefully Overcoming the Bottle Puzzle (pt. 1/21)! Using A Patience Borne From Love to gain +2 to the roll!

quote:

Scrree - Today at 7:33 PM
/roll 4dF+5 #Coral Carefully Overcomes the mystery of these bottles!!
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:33 PM
@Scrree: 4dF+5 Coral Carefully Overcomes the mystery of these bottles!! = (bbb-)+5 = 4
Failure!

“HERE!” She pointed towards the far end of the shelf. In her moment of excitement she let tail whip out gleefully, scattering several bottles across the room! “Oh no!” Coral cried out as glass clinked against wood, “No, no, no, no! I can fix it! Don’t touch anything, I’ll put them back and start again!” More flustered than she'd ever been before in her short life, she started raced after the rolling bottles.

But wait! Invoking the boost Newborne Euphoria! in order to make the roll a success!

They almost rolled so far as to become unreachable, but she grabbed them just in time. Arms so full she could barely stop herself from fumbling half the collection, she began to hasilty set them exactly where they were before she scattered "This one goes here!" slam "And this one here!" slam "Here!"

Finally, Coral placed the final bottle not on the floor, but in it's proper place on the shelf. "Tahdah!" Coral spun back towards her sisters, an earnest but embarrassed grin on her face. She breathed in deeply, heart pounding from the exertion, "One down, twenty more to go!"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 4 | Boosts: None! | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

As I watched Coral have all sorts of fun with this bottle puzzle, I felt the life slowly escaping my body. I was bored. I wanted to kill something or at least get into a good scrap. Seriously! If it was going to take this long to put in one bottle, I'd be as old as Lavona by the time we were all finished up. All old and wrinkled and saggy... Ugh. Yeah, no. Clearly Coral just needs a little bit of help with this. If I jam in some bottles, that'll get us that much closer to getting done! And hey, what's the worst that could happen? We fight a bunch of monsters? Uh, sounds like a bonus to me! The Mistress always loves it when we bring her interesting loot, so nobody's even going to be mad! It's perfect!

I bobbed over to the other side of the shelves and, before anyone could stop me, just shoved an armful of bottles into random spots!

Accepting the compel and placing 8 bottles!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Mimi glanced up from her reading. She was starting to work this thing out. "Okay guys, these are all examples of wines made with Magarach Ruby, Bracciola nera, Black Muscat, and Grand Noir de la Calmette Red grapes! Meaning that they all share common groupings. These few here were all first made in 1674." She says pointing at a four or so bottles. "And these one's over here are all reputed to be favourites of the King of Skalamanti."

Okay yes, there was chaos all over the place. But at least they were a few steps closer!

- - -

Sharing the dificulty dropping news with the rest of the party

- - -

She glances up again just in time to see Newbee do something.... very very stupid.

"Newbee! Wait! No!"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 3/2 | Boosts: Banefireslash | Consequences: - | Stress: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Zanzibar had a choice. Either leave the other guardians to fight alone, or hope against hope that the Mistress managed to keep herself out of trouble without his assistance.

Zanzibar stood at his Mistress' side, face as bony and unreadable as always, garish cloak on his shoulders and a hand on the pommel of his sword, standing at readiness. Perhaps he wouldn't have to use it, young lady Coral was quickly proving that her excitement over puzzles was no mere childish enthusiasm. Commendable. That only left Newbee. As long as she could rein in her temp-

Zanzibar did not curse. He did not whine, or passive aggressively sigh, not when so close to his Mistress. He merely whipped out his sword, cast a quick cantrip (a powered down version of [Banefireblade], taken that he did not quite have the time to prepare that he wanted to), and took a protective stance next to his Mistress.

Just one more day in the life of the Champion.

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar Quickly Creates Advantage by invoking Banefirebrand in response to Newbee's... enthusiasm (Difficulty 3)
Theantero: /r 4df+2
SidekickBOT: @Theantero: 4df+2 = (b+bb)+2 = 3

I Tie, thus getting the Boost: Banefireslash

I also Accept my compel, thus gaining 1 Fate point.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Blackbone yelped as he was grabbed and slammed into the spikes. He could have sworn these weren't there a second ago as they ground painfully against his ribcage.

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 5:11 PM
/roll 4df+5 #The left door attacks Blackbone. Wait, what!?
SidekickBOT - Today at 5:11 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+5 The left door attacks Blackbone. Wait, what!? = (++bb)+5 = 7

@JohnOfOrdo3: 4df+4 Blackbone's bones attempt to forcefully resist the mimic through shear denseness = (+--+)+4 = 4
I'll mark the 1 stress box and take a mild consequence - Splintered bone (because I got bits of wood on my bones do you get it okay shutting up now)

He struggled, trying to bring his pick around to do some damage and convince it to let him go. Pressing his new pick to the surface of the door. Sadly, it seemed whatever it was made of was more resilient than the stone it was made for clearing. Or maybe he just couldn't get enough pressure from the repeated slammings

quote:

@JohnOfOrdo3: 4df+4 Blackbone forcefully attacks the door with his acid pickaxe = (+--b)+4 = 3

@Yami Fenrir: 4df+4 The Trap-door Mimic Defends! = (-+-+)+4 = 4

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 3/3 | Free Invokes: If it bends, I can break it! (Boost)

Surprised by the sudden assault-by-door, instinct took over for Oghrul, who responded to the incoming fist in the only sensible manner: by meeting it with his own. While the orc’s reaction wasn’t quite up to par, Blackbone’s aid in stabilizing his position was enough to match the mimic door blow for blow.

quote:

TheFireMagi-Today at 1:50 PM
/roll 4dF+3 #Oghrul Forcefully Defends by punching the mimic door fist right back!
SidekickBOT-Today at 1:50 PM
@TheFireMagi: 4dF+3 Oghrul Forcefully Defends by punching the mimic door fist right back! = (+-+-)+3 = 3 4
Forgot that Blackbone gave me +1 last prompt, so I actually tie and the Door gets a Boost.

A growl rumbling out from Oghrul’s throat as he realized the skeletal miner was being attacked by the other door, the orc cried down the hallway,

“Got some trouble down here! Me and Blackbone could use an extra hand or three!”

Hoping that the rest of the group could get here in time, and that they wouldn’t get distracted by who knows what, Oghrul slammed his hammer against the door that had attacked him. Sturdy as it seemed, it nevertheless bent beneath the weight of his swing. At that sight, the orc grinned. He might have been caught off guard at first, but in the end, a door was just a door.

quote:

TheFireMagi-Today at 5:54 PM
/roll 4dF+3 #Oghrul Forcefully Attacks by slamming that door that tried to punch him!
SidekickBOT-Today at 5:54 PM
@TheFireMagi: 4dF+3 Oghrul Forcefully Attacks by slamming that door that tried to punch him! = (+++b)+3 = 6
Yami Fenrir-Today at 6:04 PM
/r 4df+4 #door defense
SidekickBOT-Today at 6:04 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+4 door defense = (--bb)+4 = 2

Reducing my damage to 3 Shifts and taking the Boost “If it bends, I can break it!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 3 Boost:

Percival, surprisingly enough, was not around to help Oghrul and Blackborne. Actually, where did the little corgi go? Even he doesn't know! All he knew is that he did end up picking up on a strange smell, and he was determined to follow the smell to it's source. He was so determined to not lose the scent that he forgot to inform his friends about it. Whoops.

Now Percival finds himself in a strange room, alone, away from everybody else, with a strange smell lingering in the air. What could it be that made such a smell?

Accepting the compel!

• Locked thread