Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Enemies:

Mimic Doors (dual mini-bosses)

Left door: * ** *** Mild
Right door: * ** *** Mild Boost: Poison Spikes

Groups of ???

First group: * **
Second group: * **
Third group: * **

Missile

As you enter the room, the door behind you closes! Bars shoot down from the doorframe, and before you can react you're locked into the room. It... seems empty of enemies at least? There's a strange smell in the air though - a mix of bone and wine. This must have been the smell you noticed.

Behind you, you can faintly hear Oghrul yell for help. Oops. Well, you could use that too!

Newbee

First bottle goes in, click!

Second bottle goes in, click!

Hah! You got two correct! You're the best. Let's shove in some more...

.. wait, why aren't those clicking...?

... and where did everyone else go!? Oghrul just called for help!

... but looking at this, nothing seems to have happened when you put bottles in. Maybe you CAN just brute force it..?

Zanzibar, Coral, Mimi

The two of you fall down as the floor suddenly dematerializes! Strangely enough, the bottles seems to float still, but you fell straight through the floor.

With a loud splash, you two land in some sort of... water?

No, on closer inspection, this appears to be some sort of wine! Enough to form a small lake. It's really hard to see through this stuff, even with darkvision. Your Banefirebrand thankfully works even underwater, but... this place is just too murky, and holding it aboveground reveals only your own shadows on the walls.

Above you you see the floor fade back in, with Newbee seemingly none the wiser. The ring of flight seems to have prevented her from falling.

Your thoughts get interrupted by a bolt-like movement, and...

*CHOMP*

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 7:53 PM
Zanzibar gets attacked by some sort of creature!
!r 4df+2
... durp
/roll 4df+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:53 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 = (++--)+2 = 2

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 7:53 PM
Coral gets attacked by some sort of creature!
/roll 4df+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:53 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 = (+b++)+2 = 5

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 7:54 PM
Mimi gets attacked by a mysterious creature!
/roll 4df+2
SidekickBOT - Today at 7:54 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 = (--bb)+2 = 0

Oghrul, Blackbone

Well, help doesn't seem to have materialized yet. Just what are these buffoons doing, anyway?

Seems like you're on your own for the time being! The right door, after having punched Oghrul, now wraps some sort of tentacle around his waist and attempts to slam him into a bed of spikes as well! These ones glint in a sinister purple...

The other door, in the meantime, continues on trying to kill a skeleton with spikes. It... doesn't seem to do nearly as well with that strategy.

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 8:03 PM
Mimic Door grabs Oghrul and attempts to slam him into a wall of spikes!
/roll 4df+4
SidekickBOT - Today at 8:03 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+4 = (+-b+)+4 = 5

quote:

Mimic Door continues to slam Blackbone against itself!
/roll 4df+4
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+4 = (bb--)+4 = 2

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fate Points: 3/2 | Boosts: Banefireslash | Consequences: - | Stress: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Zanzibar abides. It was his duty as Champion.

Even when the floor gave way, and he found himself floating (how does a skeleton float? Via means of necromantic animation of course, the same way they walk!) in a puddle -well more of a lake really- of wine. Zanzibar looked this way and that, holding his burning sword aloft to cast the walls of the chamber in greenish flame. Not that he had long to ponder upon this newfound situation and its implications, since he could quickly feel a napping at his feet.

He was (barely) fast and deft enough to avoid major damage from the strikes even though he was not all that accustomed to aquatic combat. A sword was far more sluggish to handle underwater too, which was the main reason most aquatic peoples used stabbing weapons as primary armaments.

No matter.

He'd just make the enemies be above the surface when he struck. With a spinning kick, he kicked aloft...

Nothing but more wine. The buggers had moved out of the way. It was difficult to intercept them, taken that they couldn't really be seen through the wine.

"Young lady Coral", he spoke, "You're an enchantress, are you not? Have you anything you can cast to clear the wine, or somehow mark down our enemies? Their near invisibility below the surface is their greatest advantage, and one we should rob from them if at all possible."

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar, Quickly Defend yourself from winemonsters!
Theantero: /r 4df+2
SidekickBOT: @Theantero: 4df+2 = (b+-b)+2 = 2

I Tie my defense, thus the fishies that attacked me get a boost!

quote:

Theantero: Zanzibar, Flashily Attack winemonsters!
Theantero: /r 4df+4
SidekickBOT: @Theantero: 4df+4 = (++b-)+4 = 5
Yami Fenrir: Well, since you can't see them, they do get a bonus to defense, though
Yami Fenrir: /roll 4df+4
SidekickBOT: @Yami Fenrir: 4df+4 = (+++-)+4 = 6

I Fail my attack! Oh well!

Theantero fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 1, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Fate Points: 3/3 | Free Invokes: If it bends, I can break it! (Boost)

Unprepared for the tentacle suddenly wrapped around his waist, Oghrul feels himself being pulled into what looks like a very uncomfortable set of spikes. With a snort of annoyance, the orc wraps his own hands around the tendril before kicking off what looks to be a safe spot on the door, breaking free without injury.

quote:

TheFireMagi-Today at 5:17 PM
/roll 4dF+3 #Oghrul Forcefully Defends himself and tries to not get poison spike'd!
SidekickBOT-Today at 5:17 PM
@TheFireMagi: 4dF+3 Oghrul Forcefully Defends himself and tries to not get poison spike'd! = (-++-)+3 = 3 5
Burning my Boost to that make that a tie.

Glancing around the hallway, Oghrul was even more annoyed to see that backup had yet to arrive. What was taking them so long? He and Blackbone hadn’t gone that far into the hallway, so they shouldn’t be out of shouting distance. Unless… something happened to them, was preventing them from assisting.

“Tsk, drat it. Blackbone! Let’s fall back, regroup with the others!”

Seeing no reason to hang around with these immobile (?) doors when the Chief could be in danger, Oghrul motioned for the miner to follow after him before taking off to where they had entered.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Song of the Water, no, Wine Dancer (One Free Invoke)!| Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

Coral was frozen in place. She had been stuck, unable to move a muscle, ever since Newbee picked up eight -- that's right, eight whole bottles! The first two had been placed correctly by sheer luck only, but the rest. Oh... that poor puzzle.

A movement in the water wine caught her. Something moving quickly, lurking, shuffling through the murky depths. Whatever it was, it headed right for her tail! With a yelp of fear, she coiled her body tight, trying to get her tail out of the wine-mush!

quote:

Scrree - Today at 6:14 PM
/roll 4dF+3 #Coral Quickly Defends getting Chomped!
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:14 PM
@Scrree: 4dF+3 Coral Quickly Defends getting Chomped! = (b++b)+3 = 5
Coral Defends at 5 versus the monsters attack at 5! No damage is done, but they receive a boost!

Chomp! Coral gets her tail out of the water just in the time! The mysterious monster swam away, only driven further into bloodlust by the near miss.

"Um!" Coral shouts towards Zanzibar, "I don't really do that kind of magic? I mean, I can, but I'm more specialized towards helpful stuff, like --" Coral opens her mouth, places a hand on her throat, and let's out an indescribable noise, "💧💧💃💃💧💧"

quote:

Scrree - Today at 6:14 PM
A tie! They gain a boost!
/roll 4dF+4 #Coral Flashily Creates an Advantage!
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:14 PM
@Scrree: 4dF+4 Coral Flashily Creates an Advantage! = (-b-+)+4 = 3
Vs. a Difficulty of 2! Coral Succeeds and creates a new aspect with one free invoke!

It was not an unpleasant sound, but it was very, very odd. It wasn't something that could be expected to come from a being's throat. It wasn't a hum, or a song, or even a single note -- it was beyond vocalization.

The enchanted 'song' reverberates through the dark room before draping lightly over the backs of Coral's family. The chance is subtle, but distinct. Where before they had sloshed and struggled through the murky wine, now they stepped gracefully, and somehow always managed to land their footfalls on stable ground.

Creating the Aspect: Song of the Water, no, Wine Dancer! with one free invoke! Carol is sharing this aspect with Zanzibar and Mimi. Move with greater alacrity! Magically don't step on any nails!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Fate points 2/2 | Stress boxes:

Eww eww ewwww! Ugh, this was gross. "YOU IDIOT NEWBEE!" Mimi yelled up from below. But she was certain that the dragonling hadn't heard her. Next thing she knew Coral was shrieking! Mimi flowed over to her. "Coral! Are you okay?!" Then she noticed the thing in the water. She could feel it readying to pounce. They thought to try that with a Mimi? Please, she was an ultra ambush predator. They'd have to try a lot harder then a water strike.

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 4df+2 Mimi quickly tries to dodge the attack! = (+-b-)+2 = 1

No damage.

Yami Fenrir - Today at 3:53 PM
I dunno, that sounds more difficult than what a low level spell should be able to do, Especially with AOE (and keeping in mind the fact that we already established that light sources have trouble working under the sludge.) I'll let you do it but I'm going to increase the difficulty for that to 4.

@Arashiofordo3: 4df+3 Mimi cleverly tries to overcome the wine monster's camouflage by making them glow. = (bbbb)+3 = 3
Burning Coral's Song of the Water, no, Wine Dancer! Aspect to add +2

Final result 5

- - -

Mimi felt like dancing, and dance she did, twirling from one step to the next. She felt the ripples of the sludge as the beasts lunged. So she stepped carefully out of the way, reaching out and touching the creature with a simple glowing spell. The spell's name was 'Candle' in the book. A very basic light spell. It makes the thing blessed give off light. Glowing like a arcane crystal! On in this case strange monster hiding in wine sludge. But now there was a tell tail glow. faint. But enough to keep track of them if you were paying attention. But the light would grow the closer they got to the surface. Good luck hiding now! Fuckos! She repeated the feat on the other. Both softly glowing.

"Anyone see any more?"

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 3 Boost:

Well, Percival had found himself in quite the pickle, stuck in a room, separated from the rest of his allies. Still, he's been through far worse situations than this, and no bars shall hold the mighty hellhound for long!

Percival grabs hold of the iron bar, and, using his mighty corgi strength, bends the bars wide open! Or, at least, he tries to bend them open. He tries, and tries again, putting all his strength into it, but the bars refuse to move. Curse these soft, fluffy paws of his!

The pup, who wants to rush to his allies aid, but can't, given his current situation, begins to howl mournfully. It pains him, more than anything, that he is unable to help his friends. If only he had the strength needed to get out of here.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fate Points: 4 | Boosts: None! | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

I idly flipped a bottle in my hand. This puzzle wasn't so bad after all! All you had to do was stick 'em in the slot and see what happened! I looked around to see how impressed everyone was by my newfound puzzle mastery, but they seemed to have... Uh. Left? That's weird. And why did it smell like so much wine all of a sudden? I mean, yeah, sure, wine cellar. But wow! Talk about concentrated wine funk. Well, whatever. Not my fault if they're going to wander off like a bunch of children whenever I take my eyes off of 'em.

I grabbed a few more bottles, figuring I might as well finish solving the puzzle for my new baby sister while she did some sightseeing or whatever it was she was up to, but a faint, horribly sad noise caught my attention. Was that a howl? It sounded like... Sir Percival? He must be in trouble! Forget this dumb puzzle, I'm not about to let my best friend be sad and alone! The bottles clinked as they dropped back to the floor in a rough pile. Mustering every bit of speed that the Ring of Flight could give me, I zipped and zagged around corners getting closer and closer to the source of the howling.

Finally, I slid around a corner and saw him. He was safe! So, so fuzzy and safe. But he was locked in a room with a bunch of big iron bars holding him prisoner. Not on my watch! I grabbed the two bars in the middle and gave Percival a quick kiss on his fuzzy forehead, "Don't worry, Sir Percival, I've got your back!" Taking a deep breath, I summoned forth all of the might of a dark dragon! The iron bars groaned and bent under my incredible power, then I ripped the door straight out of the wall and tossed it to the floor!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:16 AM
@Tricky: 4dF+4 Newbee attempts to Bend Bars and Lift Gates! (Forceful Overcome, Difficulty 3) = (b-+b)+4 = 4

The Overcome Succeeds and Percival is freed from his prison!

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - (mild) splintered bone | Stress: - [x] [ ] [ ]

Blackbone watches the ork break free and walk past him into the corridor as he continues to be slammed back on the spikes. It was more than a little inconvenient, and the rhythmic thumping reminded him of his first few swings of his pick against rock so many hours ago. Though he had learned quickly to change how he swung at the difficult material, this door was clueless and continued to slam the spikes though the same holes in his rib cage. As the Door brought him out for another slam, he placed his pickaxes against each side of the corridor and felt the tips sink between the cracks, anchoring him. He then planted his feet on the ground and started to pull himself forward with the slowly unstoppable force of a being that doesn't have muscles to grow tired with. Either the door would let him go. Or it would be pulled off the wall.

quote:

Mimic Door continues to slam Blackbone against itself!
/roll 4df+4
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+4 = (bb--)+4 = 2

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:14 PM
@JohnOfOrdo3: 4df+4 Blackbone continues to forcefully ignore the door made of spikes and hate = (b-+b)+4 = 4

With a sound of something not unlike flesh tearing Blackbone found the coils around him slackening and without even glancing back began to drag himself down the corridor after the Ork. He could feel the even weakening pulling coming from the door as it tried to strain against his strength. New tendrils reaching out to try and get it's grip back. He took a moment to fish into his now completely ragged clothing and fish out a pinkish gem, the colour of a slowly creeping dawn. Not the strongest of enchanted fire stones, the colour itself gave that away. But by no means the weakest he'd come across. He threw it over his shoulder, feeling the whump of heat on his back as it's cracking released it's energies in the confined corridor.

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 11:10 PM
difficulty 1... but if you fail you smash it on yourself :p

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:21 PM
@JohnOfOrdo3: 4df+1 Blackbone flashily creates a wall of fire by using an enchanted gemstone = (+-++)+1 = 3

He heard the sizzle and the grasping stopped as it's nerves were cauterised by the merrily burning flame. He skulked after the Oghrul, hoping he wouldn't say anything about the pitiful battle he'd fought to the Baron.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

quote:

Aspects:
Song of the Water, no, Wine Dancer!

Enemies:

Mimic Doors (dual mini-bosses) (missing)
Left door: * ** *** Mild Boost: Lesser Strength

Groups of Wine Piranha
First group: * ** Boost: Feeding Frenzy
Second group: * ** Boost: Snake Eater

Distilled Spirit (Mini-Boss)
* ** *** Mild

Zanzibar

Again, the creatures below attack you, but this time you see it coming! It jumps out of the water to try and bite you, and you realize... that it is a Wine Piranha! Part of you is wondering how the hell such a lifeform makes sense, the other part of you is too busy dodging it's lunge.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 3:17 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 Wine Piranha tries to nibble Zanzibar! = (--b-)+2 = -1
Yami Fenrir - Today at 3:17 PM
hmm, I will use the boost it generated to reroll that
/roll 4df+2 #take 2
SidekickBOT - Today at 3:17 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 take 2 = (b+bb)+2 = 3

Coral

Thanks to the combined efforts of Mimi and yourself, you should be a little bit safer!

Keyword being should.

You barely managed to complete your song before you realize that Wine Piranha is coming for round two!

And oh man does it look hungry!

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 3:26 PM
/roll 4df+2 #Wine Piranha discovers its taste for snek!
SidekickBOT - Today at 3:26 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 Wine Piranha discovers its taste for snek! = (-bb+)+2 = 2 4
Yami Fenrir - Today at 3:27 PM
also using the boost right away
this time for a +2

Mimi

After you cast your spell, you realize that it's not one, or two, not even three, but TWELVE Wine Piranhas that are swarming around you! Oh dear. At the very least you know where they are now! But due to the huge number it's kind of hard to dodge!

/roll 4df+2 #Wine Piranhas take a bite at Mimi!
SidekickBOT - Today at 3:32 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 Wine Piranhas take a bite at Mimi! = (b-+-)+2 = 1

Newbee

As you break into the rip the door out of its hinges, you suddenly feel a strange force pushing you inward. Suddenly, the entire room goes dark, and the entrance melts into the shadows!

What the hell?!

Missile

Newbee comes to your rescue! But... something just happened! The room is now very dark, and...

A chandelier just lights up, it's candles glowing in a ghastly light blue, so muted it's nearly white! Coating the room in a strange light, it all creates a very eerie atmosphere.

Suddenly, you see something rise from the ground! It's... a GHOST!

Greeting you two with an eerie scream, it seems that this spirit isn't happy about your presence!

It charges forward, diving straight for Missile! As it does, it turns more transparent, and...

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 3:50 PM
/roll 4df+3 #Distilled Spirit attempts to possess Missile!
SidekickBOT - Today at 3:50 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 Distilled Spirit attempts to possess Missile! = (++b-)+3 = 4

Oghrul, Blackbone

Running back to where the Group just was, you find...

Nobody. Not even Lady Midnight! The only thing left in the puzzle room are a knocked over bottles. What the hell? Where did everyone go?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jun 8, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fate Points: 3/2 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Zanzibar stepped above the surface, his footwork light and graceful now that he was no longer burdened with being submerged. Indeed, he managed to play the role of a regal champion fairly well despite the fact he was soaked in wine all over. A fact which might have caused him consternation, if he were not totally focused on following the glowing points of the piranhas underwine. He gazed upon them, and then unfurled his cloak (he couldn't completely remove or discard it of course, due to it being cursed), and started waving and undulating it about himself as the piranhas started approaching.

Then they jumped at him. And as they did, Zanzibar was quick to [uncanny sidestep] out of the way, the creatures biting nothing but air as the cloak too was yanked from front of them, finding nothing but his burning blade then skewering and slashing through them.

Zanzibar kept this display up for a while, until the entire group that had been harassing him was dealt with.

"Olé", he quipped.

quote:

Theantero: /roll 4df+4 #Zanzibar will Flashily Defend against piranhas by piranha fighting with his garish as hell cloak! Olé!
SidekickBOT: @Theantero: 4df+4 Zanzibar will Flashily Defend against piranhas by piranha fighting with his garish as hell cloak! Olé! = (++++)+4 = 8

I Succeed with Style, thus gaining the Boost: Piranha Fighter

quote:

Theantero: /roll 4df+4 #Will Zanzibar manage to Flashily Attack the fishes during this display, or will he remain on the defensive only?
SidekickBOT : @Theantero: 4df+4 Will Zanzibar manage to Flashily Attack the fishes during this display, or will he remain on the defensive only? = (-+b+)+4 = 5
Yami Fenrir: /r 4df+2 #Fishies defend
SidekickBOT: @Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 Fishies defend = (+++b)+2 = 5
I burn both my Boosts (Banefireslash, Piranhafighter), thus gaining +4 to my roll.

I deal the Firstgroup of Piranhas 4 shifts of damage, that they cannot deal with and thus die.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 10, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Song of the Water, no, Wine Dancer! Just Drunk Enough (One Free Invoke)![/b]| Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

"Ah!" Coral yells as a Wine Piranha snaps at her tail. She pulls it out of the water just in time.

"Ah!!" Another high-pitched cry as a Piranha bites at her hand. Coral clenches her fingers into a tight fist, and the Piranha's jaws close at where their tips had been hanging.

"~~!!" This scream was so high pitched it wasn't audible to normal ears. If Missle was in the room, he'd have winced in pain. A Piranha launched itself out of the wine at Coral's face, jaw open, and she leaned back just in time to watch it sail over her face.

quote:

Scrree - Today at 2:08 PM
/roll 4df+3 #Coral Quickly Dodges away!
SidekickBOT - Today at 2:08 PM
@Scrree: 4df+3 Coral Quickly Dodges away! = (+bb+)+3 = 5

Coral backed herself against the wall of the room. She turned to her older siblings for guidance. Mimi was dancing around the room, reaching into the wine, and where her hands came up where the Piranha's glowed a bright, viable light. "Wow! That's really helpful, Sis!" Next was Zanzibar, who was already just slicing and dicing several of the Piranha's to bits! "Haha! My siblings are so cool!" The Naga yells to Lady Midnight. Once again, she was struck by how great being existent was.

An excitement coursed through her body. Suddenly. her trident was in her hand, steel glinting dimly from the moving lights of the Piranhas. Scout, and support caster, those were the two roles written into her at creation, and she had fulfilled both of those admirably. But here, in this... well, not water, but close enough! Here, in this flooded room, Coral realized she wasn't just limited to those two roles. No, here, she could be a predator.

She pushes herself off the wall, tail making a large wave of wine as it paddles her forward. With her trident in hand, she swims into a group of the glowing fish...

quote:

Scrree - Today at 2:12 PM
/roll 4df+5 #angry angry sneky (Coral Quickly Attacks!)(edited)
SidekickBOT - Today at 2:12 PM
@Scrree: 4df+5 angry angry sneky = (++--)+5 = 5
Success with Style! Reducing Damage by One to get a Boost, but that's still enough to WIPE THEM OUT!

thwak! One piranha on the trident. thwak! A new neighbor appears. thwak! A third piranha adorns the trident's spikes, making it look more like a Rod of Light than a weapon.

Coral charges the final piranha of the group. Her trident might be stuffed with dead fish, but that doesn't mean she's ran out of weapons! splash! She falls fully into the water, right on top of the fish. splash! She rises out, the Wine Piranha flapping wildly in her mouth. Then, in an oddly silent motion, she swallows it whole.

"Hey! They're actually--" burp "Excuse me! They're actually pretty tasty!"

Coral looks back at her siblings and creator with a smile on her face. A light, ahem, buzz of pleasant emotions coming from her freshly filled stomach.

Creating the boost: Just Drunk Enough!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Careful +1 | Clever +3 | Flashy +0 | Forceful +1 | Quick +2 | Sneaky +3

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:26 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 4df+2 Mimi attempts to Quickly Dodge the Parana's attacks! = (++-b)+2 = 3

- - -

Mimi ducked and weaved the fishy frenzy. Pulling and shifting her mass as only she could. It was hard for the little biting buggers to get a handle on her, especially when she didn't have to follow the basic laws of biology! She glanced at her brother and sister. Each of them had their own way to deal with this. But Coral's idea was genius! Fighting fire with fire! Mimi had the biggest bite around. Some might complain she was all talk, but they were wrong. She was all MOUTH. With lots of big sharp pointy teeth!

- - -

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:38 PM
@Arashiofordo3: 4df+2 Mimi Quickly Attacks the Glowing Fish with her teeth = (b+b+)+2 = 4
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 piranha dodge = (+b-+)+2 = 3

1 shift of damage.

- - -

She waited for one of the fishes to leap, and opened a mouth where it was going. CHOMP!

"Hey! You're right! These are pretty good! Could use some cooking through." She agrees with Coral over the sound of crunching bones.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - (mild) splintered bone | Stress: - [x] [ ] [ ]

Blackbone peers around the now empty room and feels a slight shiver up his spine.

"Hey... Did we get ditched? I think they ditched us! As if it wasn't bad enough that Shorty the wonder hound abandoned us seconds before we're attacked..."

He turned to look back the way they came. Aware that the only think stopping the mimics was a merry little fire. Once that was out the only back up they'd have is the steps they'd have to take backwards to avoid an attack.

"Oghrul! We need a plan! Use that smarty smart brain of yours. I'll... fortify our position"

Blackbone cast around for things he could use. There... wasn't a whole lot. A couple of empty barrels, some spare planks that at one point must have been shelves. But it was a start. He cracked his knuckles and set to work.

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Yesterday at 11:40 PM
(difficulty) 2. Stuff's a bit sparse where you ran to - aka the puzzle area (which you can't touch because DUNGEON RULES)

@JohnOfOrdo3: 4df+1 Blackbone attempts to Carefully create an advantage by constructing a baricade = (b-+b)+1 = 1

"Okay... now stay... staaaay" Blackbone squatted down, made a small adjustment and carefully took his hands away from the plank. He watched as it immediately seesawed on the rounded part of the barrel he was attempting to balance it on, it wobbled then one end hit the floor and stayed there. Blackbone cursed and tried to set it back up to balance. Failing again to achieve the desired result. If he could cast magic this kind of thing wouldn't happen to him. No he'd have a dozen different spells for walls already lined up for just such an occasion. He wiped the none existent sweat from his forehead and concentrated on the plank with the kind of focus that would set win a staring contest with a cat. He lifts up the plank for another try, and the barrel begins to gently roll away, leaving him frozen staring at the spot it was in. He slowly turns to glance at Oghrul to see if he was paying attention to this utter bullshit. Before slowly shuffling after the barrel, plank held riggedly out, staying in the crouched position as he went. Like a DIY enthused wombat.

failed to create an advantage. It's up to you Magi (no pressure or anything)

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 3 Boost: Drunk Dog Power!

Oh, no! A ghost! And it's trying to possess Percival! This might be a problem... if he wasn't a paladin who was used to dealing with the undead! Percival, using his holy doggo might, resists the ghost's possession with ease!

quote:

@Hugzilla: 4df+3 Percival Carefully Defends against the ghost with his holy doggo might! = (+-+b)+3 = 4

Yami Fenrir - Today at 5:27 PM
anyway, @Hugzilla yes, you'd need to overcome an aspect tied to yourself - it's got no invokes, but it has negative effects due to the ghosts stunt
namely, you feel really drunk, and get -1 to rolls that require focus

"Hah! You cannot posses me that easily, you foul fiend!" He barks out, "For I am Percival Jasper! Lady Midnight's holy protector! And together with my friend and ally, Newbie, we will.... we will.... we will..." Huh. When did everything get so... blurry? "We will.... weeeeeeeeeee wiiiiiiilllllllll... *hic* What... what was I trying to shay again?"

Oh, dear. It seems the after-effects of the ghost's possession made the pup really, really drunk.

"Oh yea! We're gonna KICK yoooooouuuuuuuuuuur ghosty *hic* rear end!" He slurs, "We're going to *hic* kick it shhhhoooooooooooooo haaaaaaaaaaard *hic*" He drunkenly spins over to Newbie, "Dragon friend! I'm going... to do *hic* the thing.... the thing that I... I always do *hic* The glowy... thing..." He holds out a glowing paw, and stumbles over to Newbie, trying to apply an offensive buff on her. Unfortunately, he trips over his own feet, and lands, head first, onto the ground. Not exactly Percival's finest moment.

"*Hic!*"

quote:

@Hugzilla: 4df+4 Percival is going to Carefully Create an Advantage by buffing Newbie up to make her hit even harder! While Drunk! (-1 from negative effects) = (b--b)+4 = 2

Creating the Boost: Drunk Dog Power!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 4 | Boosts: None! | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

Whoah! The room sucked me in? And now there's a spooky ghost! Ugh, ghosts are the worst! They're super creepy! I look over at Percival, just in time to see the ghost try and go in him. And... do something else to him? He seems a little different as he attempts to cast one of his many spells on me. I wince as he trips over himself and faceplants into the floor instead. Ouch. I tentatively ask, "Are you okay, Sir Percival?"

Well, even if he got cursed or something, I'm still more than enough to deal with this spooky spirit! I flex my hands, my claws shooting out to their full length, and charge straight at it!

Attack posted:

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:37 AM
@Tricky: 4dF+4 Newbee gets her rip and tear on! (Forceful Attack) = (-++-)+4 = 4

SidekickBOT - Today at 7:38 AM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 spoopy ghost defense = (-+-+)+3 = 3

The Attack Succeeds and deals 1-stress.

My claws rip through the spirit with ease, but it's like I'm cutting through air! It reforms almost immediately. Man, ghosts really are the worst.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 3/3 | Free Invokes:

Empty. The room was empty. That wasn’t right. Where had the Chief, and the others, gone? Ahead? Nowhere to go except down that hallway, and the orc hadn’t seen any of them pass by. Speaking of, where had Percival gone? The hellpup was right behind them not so long ago, yet he was nowhere to be seen now. This was odd. Very odd. And, frankly, even somewhat worrying to the soldier. Leave them alone for one second, and they manage to get themselves into trouble. Figures. Oghrul frowns at Blackbone’s words, replying,

“Settle down. We don’t know what happened here yet, so don’t be leaping to conclusions about them leaving us behind. Have more faith in the Chief.”

So if they didn’t abandon them, and they hadn’t passed them, what had happened here? Perhaps… perhaps something in this room was to blame. Oghrul began to pace around, checking the walls, the floors, even various objects. Behind him he was dimly aware of Blackbone doing… something, but the orc was too focused on his task to pay much attention. Whatever it was, he figured the miner lich had a good reason. As Oghrul kneeled down and scanned his surroundings, his eyes eventually caught an oddity in the tilework. Whereas most of the room was still covered in a thick layer of dust, at least the parts he and the others hadn't walked by, there was one section completely devoid of any dust whatsoever.

“Strange. What-”

The orc paused mid-thought as he watches a barrel roll by, finally turning to see Blackbone attempting to erect some sort of barricade, by the looks of it. Attempting, of course, being the key word there. Oghrul looks Blackbone eye-to-eye-socket before sighing, and just saying,

“It’s a good idea. Keep it up.”

quote:

TheFireMagi-Today at 2:21 PM
/roll 4dF+3 #Oghrul is Carefully Creating an Advantage as he searches the room for any signs of where the heck his party has gone!
SidekickBOT-Today at 2:21 PM
@TheFireMagi: 4dF+3 Oghrul is Carefully Creating an Advantage as he searches the room for any signs of where the heck his party has gone! = (+-b+)+3 = 4
Finding the Aspect Resetting Floor...? and getting a free invoke on it.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jun 19, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

quote:

Aspects:
Resetting Floor...?, one invoke

Enemies:

Groups of Wine Piranha
First group: * ** Boost: Feeding Frenzy
Second group: * ** Boost: Snake Eater
Fourth group: * **

* ** *** Mild Boost: Holy Power

Zanzibar, Coral, Mimi

Having thinned the school of piranha's out a little, only a lonely two fishies remain. Surely, these will be taken care of by one of you very quickly, especially as they try to get a last-ditch nibble into Coral!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:09 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 Wine Piranha suicides into Coral probably = (----)+2 = -2
Yami Fenrir - Today at 6:09 PM
... wow.

Painfully obvious, and now actually outnumbered, the two piranhas pose little threat.

But...

That's step one. Now how the hell do you get out of this place?

Oghrul, Blackbone

The attack that Blackbone feared would come... never materialized. It seems the mimics chose not to chase you. Well, that's both good and bad, isn't it?

Regardless, it gives Oghrul some time to think about the situation. The complete lack of dust is a bit strange. Even if the floor was a trapdoor, it'd have some dust remain on it. It'd make sense for a trap to be here, but clearly it's not simply mechanical. But...

Wait, then what about magic! Some sort of translocation magic would be a pretty good explanation for this anomaly. Perhaps this is the result of someone bruteforcing the puzzle?

... Well, Newbee WAS part of the group that remained here. It suddenly all makes sense!

Newbee, Missile

Having touched Missile, the spirit suddenly begins to glow golden! Could it be that it absorbed holy magic from Missile?! And at the same time, did... SOMETHING to him. Oh dear. This might be a problem. Seemingly not satisfied with its attempt, and nearly unfazed by Newbee's attack, the spirit goes for another charge attack, this time attempting to possess Newbee! Oh no!

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 6:17 PM
/roll 4df+3 #Distilled Spirit attempts to possess Newbee!
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:17 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 Distilled Spirit attempts to possess Newbee! = (-+bb)+3 = 3

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 23, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Follow the Burp? (One Free Invoke), Just Drunk Enough (One Free Invoke)![/b]| Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

"Combat Encounter, won!" Coral raises her trident in the air victoriously, "Do do do do, do, do, do do do!" Right now, she felt good. Oddly good. There was this pleasant bubbling in her stomach, and she inexplicably wanted to dance and sing! Could it've been the wine piranha she ate? Maybe! For some reason, she felt like not worrying about it right now!

While the battle might've been won, the war was neverending. The war against puzzles. Coral narrowed her eyes, the right thing to do when trapped in a maze was to rest your left hand on the wall, take every left when you have the chance, and map the entire thing in a consistent and straightforward manner. Buuuuuut she could also help by singing, and that just seemed more fun.

"I'm going to," hic, oh, where did that come from? "I'm going to sing, and the path that echos the longest will be the one with no dead end." She raised a finger, "And that'll probably be the way out!"

With that, she once again set her hand on her throat, took a deep breath, and...

quote:

Scrree - Today at 6:33 PM
/roll 4df+4 #Coral is just, so, useful!
SidekickBOT - Today at 6:33 PM
@Scrree: 4df+4 Coral is just, so, useful! = (b-b-)+4 = 2
Flashily Creating an Advantage through song! Difficulty was three. Failure!

Too much variation. For whatever reason, Coral could not keep her tone under control. It was impossible to locate the echo when the sound shifted from moment-to-moment. Frustrated at her own clumsiness, Coral redoubled her efforts. Maybe if she was just loud enough, it wouldn't matter that her voice was an utter cacophony of notes? What she needed was one, very strong, sound, but the note she was aiming for kept slipping from her grasp...

Burning the boost, Just Drunk Enough, to push the roll into a success!

Burp!

How could she have expected it? She'd never been drunk in her life! A pocket of gas, racing up her body, escaping through her esophagus, resounds throughout the darkened maze in a single, loud note.

Coral buries her head in her hands. Being intoxicated just became a lot less fun. Still, she manages to squeak out through her shame, "The path that echos the longest should be the way forward!"

Creating the Advantage Follow the Burp? with one free invoke, and sharing it with everyone within earshot!

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fate Points: 3 | Boosts: None! | Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

I bring my arms up to block the ghost's charge. I saw the weird thing it did to Sir Percival! I don't want anything like that to happen to me! The ghost runs straight into my arms and bounces off, but then it goes all misty and tries to sneak through! I'm not about to let that stand. Drawing on all of my unlimited draconic power, I shout really loud and focus all of my energy on my scales. Black energy crackles across me and the mist recoils from it just as it was about to go inside me!

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:11 AM
@Tricky: 4dF+4 Is Newbee's dragon bullshit stronger than a ghost? (Forceful Defend) = (-b-b)+4 = 2 4

Spending an FP for +2. Tagging 'Dark Knight, Darker Dragon' to resist the attempt at possession!

The Defense Succeeds.

I crack my neck, then charge at the ghost. Ghosts are the worst! They're creepy and gross and not even satisfying to rip in half! I swing my claws towards it again, but this time it gets all shiny and weird! Maybe it took something from Sir Percival? Whatever it did, my claws just bounced off. It's not glowing anymore, though, so it better prepare itself...

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:23 AM
@Tricky: 4dF+4 Newbee rips and tears a ghost! (Forceful Attack) = (-b++)+4 = 5

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:24 AM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 Spoopy ghost defense = (b+-+)+3 = 4 6

Ghost spends its boost 'Holy Power' for a +2.

The Attack Fails.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 3/3 | Free Invokes:

Magic. Should’ve known. Sudden disappearance of a group like this without any physical clues, of course it was magic. But what had caused the trap to go off? There wasn’t anything off about the room… except for the fact that the bottles were in different positions than when they had entered. Someone had tried to solve the puzzle, and extremely haphazardly at that. But who? The baron had his skull on right, Coral seemed to be an adept at this thing, Blackbone was with him… wait, Newbee was back here as well, wasn’t she? Musta been her screwing everything up here. Oghrul shook his head. He’d have to say something about this when he got them outta this mess.

Since he was here, however, the orc figured he might as well finish solving the puzzle. Maybe that’d even bring the rest of the group back? Possibly. Even if it didn’t, this wine puzzle needed to be completed before moving on, so no reason to wait. There was the trap to consider, of course, but Oghrul wasn’t too concerned. If he succeeded, it wouldn’t trigger. If he failed, it’d bring him to the Chief and others. Win-win, really. Still… maybe just a tad bit of caution was best here. Looking to Blackbone, the orc said,

“You might want to step back, Blackbone. Floor is trapped, it seems. Goes off if someone messes up this puzzle. Don’t think I’ll have that issue, but better to be safe than sorry, eh?”

Waiting for the miner to step back, Oghrul began to think, before moving select wine bottles around. This one here, that one there, this one… here? That one… there? ...Maybe?

quote:

TheFireMagi-Today at 1:59 PM
/roll 4dF+2 #Can Oghrul succeed where Newbee messed everything up? (DC 5)
SidekickBOT-Today at 1:59 PM
@TheFireMagi: 4dF+2 Can Oghrul succeed where Newbee messed everything up? (DC 5) = (-b+b)+2 = 2

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 3/2 | Boosts: Battle Focus | Consequences: - | Stress: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Zanzibar nodded to himself as Coral took on the puzzle of their imprisonment. Which meant, of course, that the trivial obstacle of dealing with the last two surviving piranhas was up to him. Which was alright with him, Zanzibar always took the trivially easy and boring in stride, indeed he found a sort of happy relief in such things, for in service of the Mistress he was always on guard for the actively distasteful and any deviance from that was a welcome surprise.

Thus, Zanzibar followed the creatures with his sword, trailing their patterns. How did these base animals move when threatened? He was no expert in fish, but he knew even base animals ought not to be totally underestimated. The glowing orbs of his eyes shrunk to pinpricks in his eye sockets as he focused, waited for the perfect moment. Until the fish were perfectly lined under him.

Just so.

[Uncanny Sidestep]

[Circle Cut]

In a blink, Zanzibar sidestepped, his gaudy cape fluttering, framed by a pinkish mist of wine as his blade cut underneath. Yet the lights below still persisted. He must have misjudged their depth.

Zanzibar coughed awkwardly, and prepared for yet another round of combat.

quote:

SidekickBOT: @Theantero: 4dF+4 Come one and all to see Zanzibar's Flashy fish dance Attack! = (++b-)+4 = 5
SidekickBOT: @Yami Fenrir: 4df+4 fishy def = (+++b)+4 = 7
Yami Fenrir: that's +2, so a 5

My attack is a Tie, thus I gain the Boost: Battle Focus

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Team Wine Swimmers

Suddenly, the room is brightly lit, as a familar face falls directly on top of Zanzibar, the combined weight temporarily proving too much for the spell and pushing both of them underwater.

As the room darkens again, the telltale clattering of the piranha's jaws multiplies once again...

Oghrul's incompetence spawned another group of Wine Piranhas. Oh dear.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:23 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 How does an Orc taste? = (---+)+2 = 0

Blackbone

So uhm... The floor disappears, Oghrul falls through, and the floor reappears. That's wonderful. Now you're all alone!

However, a sudden movement catches your attention. Did the shadows just come alive!?

Yes, yes they did! They all home in on you, and a sudden tug from behind pulls your legs out from under you, and you sink into the floor!

---

"Hey! Hey, wake up!" a barely audibile voice yells out at you. "WAKE UP YOU BIG BONEHEAD!"

Groggingly haking your head, you look around for the source of the voice. Scanning the room, you realize you're in a prison cell. You finally notice the source of the voice, and it's a birdcage, which contains... a bat?

"Blackbone, it's me!" the bat explains. "When the floor first disappeared, and Newbee bolted off, I managed to turn into a bat to avoid falling, but I got floormastered afterwards!"

The bat ineffectually tries to shake the cage. "I can't turn back because I need enough empty space! Mind giving me a hand?" she asks "... not literally, please."

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 23, 2017

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Blackbone's eye lights slowly brighten as he becomes aware again. Sleep was not something he was used to, but being shouted at by that voice sure was. He gazed about the room slowly, but couldn't see Lady Midnight on the ground anywhere. Weird that was where she normally was. He glanced upwards and spotted her batting at the cage with her bat wings.

"Mistress? What are you doing in a cage? This is no time to be goofing around. No wonder you drive Zanzibar batty"

He stood up and checked his belongings were still all attached and then made his way over to the cage.

"This is maybe not the time to ask Master, but how does one such as yourself turn into a bat? I mean it's a lot smaller than the normal sized you. Where does all the..." He gestures at himself to show his relative size as he examines the cage closely "...rest of you go when you're that size?"

He starts to rub the bars between his fingers, feeling their strength. It was a pretty good cage, all things considered. A quick probe around the cage found a tiny latch and he moved around the cage to find a door on one side with a latch.

"Oh, here we go, there's a door here."

Suddenly a thought occurs to him. A traitorous thought. The latch must have been visible from inside the cage. Right? She could have probably spotted it and released herself. It wasn't as if she had bird level intelligence. But his Master wouldn't be so stupid... Right? Unless

Unless this wasn't his Master. Unless this was a mimic, luring him into opening the cage and letting it out. Perhaps a trap would be sprung once he had and it's be back to the old spike door. He turned swiftly to survey the room again, fingers inches away from opening the cage. AND THERE WAS A DOOR RIGHT THERE! loving GOT YOU YOU MIMIC BASTARD!

Suddenly every stone, every object in the room was a mimic, all waiting patiently, smugly judging him. It was if they were whispering. Yes... Yes if he imagined he could hear them he could! They were saying such mean things too. Totally unjustified things like how he was crazy. But he wasn't crazy talking rock. This was just a crazy mimic filled world of mistrust. But he was on to their sick little game of... of... bone baiting! Oh he'd burn them all to ash with the power of flames he wielded, he would call lightning down on them till they lay split open and searing from the heat. He would freeze and shatter them peddle by peddle and then defrost the pieces one by one so he could watch them die over and over again. He'd scour the world till not even the ground remained. No place for the walking lies to hide or exist. Till all was still and silent.

The fantasy fades, he comes back to himself. The bare, blackened bones, the hollow of his insides, devoid of the rightful power he should have. The familiar sense of loathing that filled that empty space. The weight of his pick axes on his back. The slight creak of the mining light he'd found hung on his belt. The tiny grinding sound his bones made as he moved. He took a step. Then another, away from the cage and peered at it suspiciously.

"How do I know you're my Master? You could just me a mimic in disguise trying to fool me!"

He levelled his pickaxe at the cage.

"Prove it. Prove you're my Master. Tell me something only my Master would know!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 4:10 PM
@JohnOfOrdo3: 4df+1 Blackbone carefully tries to make sure Lady Midnight is Lady Midnight by creating the Aspect "Mistrust of the Mistress" = (+bb+)+1 = 3

Attempting to creating the Aspect Mistrust of the Mistress that Lady Midnight must overcome or she's staying in that cage

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 3:15 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 Lady Midnight cleverly Defends herself against these vile accusations! = (-b+b)+3 = 3

Draw Aspect doesn't not succeed

Boost of Linger Doubts created instead.

JohnOfOrdo3 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 25, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Mouths flying everywhere, snapping at the fish even as they leap. Mimi feels like she's doing something no mimic has done before. Their natural tendency is to run and re-ambush. It felt wrong to stand a fight. But she was moving in ways that no mimic before her has done. Ducking and weaving, her form shifting into blades and fanged mouths. Endless eyes track each attack, she was a fortress, made bold by the alcohol, and made deadly by exhilaration!

- - -

@Arashiofordo3: 4df+3 Mimi quickly attacks the glowing fishies = (bb++)+3 = 5

@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 fish dodge = (-b-+)+2 = 1

Arashiofordo3 - Haha get hosed fish

- dropping damage by 1 shift to create boost: [Drunken Bite-fu!

- - -

"Woooo! DID YOU SEE THAT!!!!" Several of Mimi's mouths chatter excitedly!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 2 Boost: Drunk Dog Power!

After several attempts, Percival finally manages to get himself back up on his feet, somehow. He points at the ghost, and slurs out, "Heeey! Don'tchu- hic!- don'tchu hurt my-hic- pal buddy friend!"

He charges at the ghost, his sword glowing with holy energy. Or at least, he tries to charge at the ghost, but unfortunately, the pup trips over his feet halfway through his charge, sending his sword flying forward. Somehow, by complete accident, the sword manages to hit the ghost, and cuts right through it!

quote:

@Hugzilla: 4df+2 Percival is Carefully going to Attack the ghost with holy light! = (--b-)+2 = -1
@Hugzilla: 4df+2 rerolling attack! = (+b+-)+2 = 3
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 ghost defends! ... by being a ghost = (---+)+3 = 1

Spending the boost to turn my roll into a 5! The ghost takes 4 shifts of damage!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

quote:

Aspects:
Follow the Burp?, one invoke

Enemies:

Groups of Wine Piranha
First group: * ** Boost:
Second group: * **
Fourth group: * **

* ** *** Mild Consequence aspect: Holy Wound

Created Aspect: Drunkest Doggo (2 free enemy invokes)

Missile and Newbee

As Missile somewhat awkwardly stumbles, he impales the ghost! Shrieking in pain, a bright wound has appeared on its form - an obvious weakspot! However, this made it very angry, and it dives at Missile once more!

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 10:13 PM
/roll 4df+3 #Distilled Spirit attempts to possess Missile again!
SidekickBOT - Today at 10:13 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 Distilled Spirit attempts to possess Missile again! = (b++b)+3 = 5

quote:

Hugzilla - Today at 10:15 PM
/roll 4df+3 #Missile is Carefully Defending against the spirit!
SidekickBOT - Today at 10:15 PM
@Hugzilla: 4df+3 Missile is Carefully Defending against the spirit! = (b-bb)+3 = 2

It disappears into Missile! Oh no. With a ghastly glow around the pup betraying it's posession, it turns towards...

The many, many bottles of alcohol around you? With a mad dash, Missile suddenly runs towards the bottles, and empties one after another into himself! Now nearly blackout drunk, Missile finally manages to shake off the spirit after pouring about twenty bottles into himself, but he's basically completely incapable of rational thought at this point.

You get ANOTHER -2 to your rolls due to being EXTREMELY drunk. Also, the spirit creates the aspect "Drunkest Doggo" with two free invokes for itself.

Wine Swimmers

Mimi having eaten the last of the glowing fish, the newly spawned, unmarked Wine Piranhas still lurk about. All of a sudden, they jump out from below, attempting to tear into Oghrul's leg!

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Today at 10:14 PM
/roll 4df+2 #Wine Piranhas wonder what Orc tastes like
SidekickBOT - Today at 10:14 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+2 Wine Piranhas wonders what Orc tastes like = (bb-+)+2 = 2

Blackbone

"... huh?" the bat wonders. "It's magic. Don't question it."

Seeing Blackbone inspect the cage, she gets confused. "Excuse me? I am a tiny bat! How am I supposed to open a lock like this? I don't even know if I could open it in my real form! Have you seen my strength stat?!"

The bat gets even more confused when you go on your rant about mimics. "Uhm... You really hate magic?" she replies. "Come on, just get me out of here already!"

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 7, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

As I looked on, confused, as the ghost shot into Percival and he drank so much of that smelly stuff, the glowing weak spot caught my eye! Aha! That would do the trick. I just need to kill this ghost and then whatever curse it put on Percival will go away! That's definitely how curses work. I'm not an expert on curing curses or anything, that's more Percival's area of expertise, but have I ever been wrong about anything ever??

(The answer is no, by the way, in case you were confused.)

With absolute confidence in my skills, I cut through the air and try and stab my claws into the glowing weak spot! But as I start moving, the ghost cheats! It multiplies or something and all of its brothers make me super woozy and, uuugh, my stomach feels weird. I bounce off the wall instead and shake my head. Wait... Where did it's brothers go? Are they invisible now?

I shout, "Watch out, Percival, it has invisible friends!"

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:41 PM
@Tricky: 4dF+4 Newbee tries, once more, to rip apart the ghost! This time via the glowing weak spot! (Forceful Attack) = (+-b+)+4 = 5

SidekickBOT - Today at 1:41 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 Ghost tries to not die! = (+bb+)+3 = 5 7

Ghost spends an invoke on Drunkest Doggo, boosting its roll to a 7.

The Attack Fails.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Aspect: Follow the Burp? (One Free Invoke)| Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

Oh no! The fish Oghrul summoned when he fell through the ceiling were chomping up Oghrul! How karmatic, but also bad!

"Mimi! Zanzibar!" She yelled to her sisters, "I'll slow them down, okay!?" Coral took a deep breath in, looked down roughly where she thought the fish were swmming within the wine, "Go to SLEEEEEEEEEEeee--"

She dunked her head into the wine, holding the syllable loud even as she entered the liquid. On the surface her voice became muted, but inside the wine the vibrations intensified and lengthened. Coral could not see them, but she sung all the same to the last group of wine piranha's. And as her note hit the edge of the wine and bounced back, reverberating entirely through the pool, they fell victim to her enchantment.

quote:

@Scrree: 4df+4 Save or die, trash! = (-bb+)+4 = 4
DC was 1! Success with Style! Creating the New Aspect attached to the Wine Piranha's -- Sleepy Fishys!

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Fate Points: 2/3 | Free Invokes:
Oghrul floated in the pool of wine, thinking to himself. The Chief wasn’t here, but more than a few of his group were. Had she escaped the trap somehow, then? The orc could only pray that was true. Not something he liked to do, most days, but sometimes you had little better option. He begins to say,

“Well, we’re doing less than nothing swimming in here, so let’s see about finding a way out-”

-when a new group of piranhas lash out at Oghrul’s leg. Without even thinking about it, he thrusts a hand into the water and pries open their mouths, forcing them away before they can do any noticeable harm. Blood is in the water now, however, which is never what you want around predators like these.

quote:

TheFireMagi-Last Thursday at 4:15 PM
/roll 4dF+3 #Oghrul Forcefully Defends and tells the piranhas to chill out!
SidekickBOT-Last Thursday at 4:15 PM
@TheFireMagi: 4dF+3 Oghrul Forcefully Defends and tells the piranhas to chill out! = (-+-b)+3 = 2
Tie on defense, so piranhas gain a Boost, but...

As the song lured the fish to sleep, Oghrul saw his opportunity. His hammer would be of little use beneath the water, and as strong as he was, his fists were unlikely to be of much help here either. However, that was only so long as the fish were beneath the water. With them sleeping sweet dreams, the fish were all too vulnerable to being approached, and if the orc could approach them, well…

“Baron! Stand ready, you’ve got small fry incoming!”

With that, Oghrul dived down, submerging himself within the wine pool while doing his best to avoid drinking in anymore than he had to. As the piranhas sank slowly, downwards and downwards, the orc scooped them up into his arms in an almost loving embrace. Then, as his touch began to awaken them from their magical slumber, he gave them no opportunity to flee as he flung himself out of the wine… and the piranhas right up into the air.

quote:

TheFireMagi-Today at 10:32 AM
/roll 4dF+3 #Oghrul Forcefully Smashes puny piranhas! (maybe)
SidekickBOT-Today at 10:48 AM
@TheFireMagi: 4dF+3 Oghrul Forcefully Smashes puny piranhas! (maybe) = (b-bb)+3 = 2 8
Spending both invokes on ‘Sleepy Fishys!’ and a FP to raise my roll to 8!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Zanzibar emerged from under the wine, his garish yellow cape now totally soaked, rivulets of wine dripping down his skeletal form. Whether or not he minded this, he gave no real indication of, carrying the burden with a sort of weary, but practiced ease.

"Greetings, sir Skullbasher. Your arrival is most fortuitous", he said, his tone flat, "Or perhaps not", he continued as the tidal wave sent the fish flying and he expertly skewered each and every one on his sword, before swiping their corpses off the blade with a single contemptuous swipe. Zanzibar sheathed the blade, and looked at the orc. "For I have no knowledge of the happenings above, and perhaps you were more needed there."

"Tell me, is the Mistress well and out of trouble?"

His tone, now, was clearly full of concern, yet there was an undercurrent of a certain type of hopelessness, as well. As if he already knew the answer all too well.

Using my action to aid Oghrul to give a +1 to his roll, thus finishing off the piranhas.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate Points: 3/3 | Boosts: - Lingering Doubts | Consequences: - (mild) splintered bone | Stress: - [x] [ ] [ ]

Blackbone stares the bat down, tilting his head slowly. It was true... He did hate magic. Maybe it really was his Master, it was certainly talking in the weird way his Master talked about "stats". He lowered his pickaxe uncertainly then raised it again. After all, this might be his Master. But the door might still be a mimic! It certainly hadn't done anything to prove it hadn't! Could he protect her from them all? They'd been attacked by two mimics before, what if they travelled in packs? He was no Zanzibar after all... The cage was pretty sturdy though. Kind of like a suit of armour... Yes the idea that could work. He couldn't leave her behind if she was attached to his belt! Or be ambushed by her if she was a mimic. Plus even if he had to run away from the mimics they wouldn't get separated!

He reached up above the cage to the chain it was hanging on and placed the edge of his acidic pick against it. Letting it eat away at the metal till it freed a portion of chain with the cage hanging on it.

"If you are my Master, I can't take the risk that you're a mimic, but I can't leave you here either... So hang tight in there till I find the others. Ha... Hang. HAHAHA! Ahem..."

quote:

difficulty
Yami Fenrir - Today at 6:16 PM
eh
I guess... 1?

SidekickBOT - Today at 6:19 PM
@JohnOfOrdo3: 4df+1 Blackbone carefully secures the cage with Lady midnight inside his ribcage for safety = (bb-b)+1 = 0

Using my boost Lingering Doubts to turn this into a +2 for a pass

He starts to wind the chain around his belt, securing it tightly. When something Oghrul said came back to him "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer". Well this might be his master, or it might be a mimic. So they were kind of both... SO HE HAD TO KEEP THEM SUPER DOUBLE CLOSE!

Ignoring the sounds of panic and confusion from inside the cage, Blackbone fed the chain through his ribcage and pulled it up tight, feeling it fit snugly inside his empty ribcage. He wrapped the chain around a few more bones and made sure it wasn't going to fall out. It rattled a little but so did he so everything was set.

"You should be safe in there. These are hard bones after all." He drew his pickaxes and eyed the door. Setting his jaw grimly, he stalked forward and started striking the wall to knock it down. He squeezed through the hole he made rather than use the door. They'd never suspect that!

Creating the advantage Armour of Bone

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!!! Zanzi! Did you see?! Did you see what I just did! Did it look cool?! It felt cool! ohmygod that was so cool!!" Mimi hyperventalated at her brothers and sisters. She'd done something as far as she knew no other mimic had done. She'd stood her ground and fought like a person, not like a monster. Mimics were not known for their stand up fighting ability. They attacked then fled. Ambush tactics. But Mimi had just thrown all of that out of the window! Maybe with some practice she could do it again!

"Oh, hey Oghrul! When did you get here?" She said, realising that they weren't as alone as they had been previously.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Fate Points: 2 Boost:

Poor Percival. After being forced to drink way more alcohol than he could ever manage, the pup finds himself lying on his back, tongue sticking out, unable to move, or think. He tries to speak, but all that comes out of his mouth are jumbled slurs. How could he ever hope to help his friend while he is in this state!?

"Hic!"

...Wait, what's this? Is Percival... glowing? Why, yes he is!

"Hic!"

Percival starts to glow brighter, and brighter, until...

"Hic!"

He glows, brighter than ever before, and envelopes the entire room in holy divine light! All those who are standing in the light feel more empowered than they ever have been before, and are filled with courage! They feel like they can take on endless challenges, and face even the strongest of foes! Who would have thought that Percival had such a powerful aura inside of him!?

...Now if only he was sober enough to realize what he was doing.

quote:

@Hugzilla: 4dF+2 Percival is going to Carefully Create an Advantage by casting his buff aura while extremly drunk! What could possibly go wrong!? = (+++b)+2 = 5

I Suceed with Style, so I'm going to create the Aspect Greater Drunken Doggo Aura!, which can be invoked twice for free!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Zanzibar turned to Mimi after being addressed, looking almost pensive, for a moment. Then he performed a small, polite bow. Not a deferential one, but one of acknowledgement.

"I did, in fact, see you fight, young lady Mimi", he spoke in deep tones, "And you fought well, better than I thought you would in a frontal confrontation like this. Our struggle was easier for your contribution, and for this you have my thanks and acknowledgement."

"Should you wish to hone your skills even further, we can always spar later."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

quote:

Aspects:
Follow the Burp?, one invoke
Bone Armor, one Invoke
Greater Drunken Doggo Aura, two invokes

Enemies:

* ** *** Mild Consequence aspect: Holy Wound

Created Aspect: Drunkest Doggo (1 free enemy invokes)

Newbee, Missile, Blackbone

Percival glows so brightly, it actually surpresses the shadows around you briefly!

... and at the same time, someone bursts through the wall. It's Blackbone! And... he has a cage in his ribcage...? With a bat inside?

... a talking bat. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" it cries out. "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, BLACKBONE!?"

Wait a minute... isn't that Lady Midnight's voice?!

The ghost, irritated by this new intruder, charges straight at Blackbone.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" the bat screams at an awfully high pitch.

quote:

Yami Fenrir - Last Friday at 5:14 PM
/roll 4df+3 #Ghost attempts to posess Blackbone! Oh no.
SidekickBOT - Last Friday at 5:14 PM
@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 Ghost attempts to posess Blackbone! Oh no. = (b+b-)+3 = 3

Coral, Oghrul, Zanzibar, Mimi

Finally, it's peace and quiet! Which means, you finally have a moment to look around, and try to figure out how to exit this flooded basement. And maybe try to figure out where the rest of the team went...

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 10, 2017

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

Fate Points: 4/3 | Boosts: Sneaky Snakey| Consequences: None! | Stress: [_] [_] [_]

"Wow!" Coral clapped her hands, "We all worked together, and those fish didn't stand a chance. Fighting is also fun!" The fact that the Piranha's were trash mobs, even for the low level of the party, didn't seem to phase her enthusiasm.

Allllright!" Coral slithered to the exit, turning around to face her siblings, "Older sisters, older brother, please allow me to lead us through this maze." She bows deeply, a big grin adorned on her face. "Since the Creator is missing, we'll be going for speed instead of treasure. Okay? Okay!" With that, she pushes off into the maze, one hand delicately trailing on the wall beside her.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:31 AM
@Scrree: 4df+5 snakey in the maze, slithering through the wine haze! might be lost for days without the snakey in the maze! = (b-+-)+5 = 4
DC is 3! Invoking Follow the Burp for a +2, making this Overcome Succeed with Style!

Her tail moves confidently through the wing, pushing Coral forward at a slow, steady pace. At the first fork the group comes across, Coral immediately points to the left path, "The... sound I made earlier echoed more from the left side. It goes deeper." True to her words, the path continued.

At the next fork, she brought the group to a halt. She wrapped her tail in a spiral, lowering herself into an odd, curling kneel, and placed a hand on her chin. What did the top floor look like, again? There was the bottle room, and then the secret hallway adjacent to it. They almost certainly wanted to end up somewhere underneath the secret hallway, which meant that needed to go, "Left."

Once again, no dead end. As they progressed, Coral noticed there was a slight tilt-upwards to the floor. Her tail had previously been completely submerged, but now the tip of it rested in the open air. The next fork was a three-way -- left, straight, or right. "Look." Coral pointed to the rightward path, "The wine at the end of the hallway is lower than at the start. The floor is tilting upwards; I bet that's the way out!" She sped down the path, humming a little tune under her breath.

And in the next minute, the path terminated in a door! "ha ha ha." Coral wanted to laugh very loudly at her success, but also wanted to be quiet. Who knows what could be on the other side? "ha ha." She whisper-laughed again, "That was very fun, maybe if we have time, we can go back through the maze and explore all the dead-ends?"

Of course, the business of saving their Creator came before the pleasure of fully exploring ever nook-and-cranny of a maze. Coral placed her eye on the door's keyhole, seeing...

As per my Success with Style; creating the new Boost -- Sneaky Snakey!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Coral, Zanzibar, Oghrul, Mimi

Finally! Some solid ground. Looking around, you see two doors, one left, one right, and a ladder leading to a trapdoor.

Which way do you go?

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 8, 2017

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Fate Points: 2/3 | Boosts: - Armour of Bone | Consequences: - (mild) splintered bone | Stress: - [x] [ ] [ ]

Blackbone exploded through the wall, taking in the scene as the shrill voice of his Master (Who he was quickly becoming convinced was his real master but he was putting off panicking about his actions for right now) to find... Percival who was on his back, possibly dead, Newbee looking rattled and... a most extraordinary sight. To the living the ghost might have seemed a grey haze, but to the dead, colours burned impossibly bright. Strips of colour, like rich whiskey unwrapped the slender transparent form of the elemental, swaying like ribbons of liquid, each as deep and complex as the gems he dug from the earth. the spirit itself was as clear as vodka, but it's eyes blazed with the amber of bourbon. Clear and bright and full of drunken rage at the world. It flowed towards him like a tidal wave, a scream of rage harmonising with Lady Midnights screech of terror. Blackbone felt the first tendrils of control worm into his skull like a bad hangover, seeking his mind to make hazy and suggestible. Instead to the spirits horror, it found the entrapped lich hidden beneath the surface of Blackbone's consciousness, like a vein of marble and steal through rock. The Lich inside him struck back with instinctual scorn and fury. Hardening Blackbone's bones, making them like walls to the insubstantial touch of the wraith.

quote:

@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 Ghost attempts to posess Blackbone! Oh no. = (b+b-)+3 = 3

@JohnOfOrdo3: 4df+4 Blackbone forcefully defends against the spirit through his naturally high magic resistance and strength of will. = (b+bb)+4 = 5

Using my boost Armour of Bone to increase that to a 7. Creating a the boost Power of the Lich

Yami Fenrir - Today at 10:20 PM
Oh, what the hell. I guess it's dazed from being MAGIC RESISTANCED away
so it gets a "failed possession" aspect you can invoke

The spirit bounced off Blackbone's skeleton like it had just slammed into a brick wall, a sensation that was doubtlessly horribly alien to a ghost. It reeled back in shock, leaving itself undefended. Blackbone felt the rage seeping into him, for what was a ghost? But Magic, pure sentient power clinging to this coil desperate, pitiful, mocking him with it's very existence. Blackbone roared his fury, sprinting at the ghost and using his momentum to throw punch after punch. Again feeling the strange sensation of his bones hardening against the soft form of the spirit.

quote:

@JohnOfOrdo3: 4df+4 Blackbone Forcefully punches the ghost out with fists of magic resistance. = (b-b+)+4 = 4
JohnOfOrdo3 - Today at 10:31 PM
Going to invoke the aspect (Failed Possession) from overcoming the attack before and then also use my boost Power of the Lich from the attack to bring that up to an 8

@Yami Fenrir: 4df+3 Ghost defense = (+bbb)+3 = 4
Yami Fenrir - Today at 10:35 PM
Going to upgrade this with the drunkest doggo advantage, to a 6

Spending a Fate Point (down to 2) to invoke the aspect Holy Wounds to increase my roll to a 10

The ghost shuddered under the onslaught from this terrifying creature with the screaming heart, every blow it took setting it up for the next one. It threw all the power it had to disorient the berserker. Grabbing at his skull to force the drunkenness in. Blackbone sways for a moment. Success, a reprieve! But his hell light eyes blaze with merry murder and renewed violence, one hand grabs the ghost by the face, holding it's writhing form still while his other hand pierces the glowing wound left by Percival. The Spirit flails blindly at him as, with a sickening motion and a final scream, he rips it in two. Letting the now formless spectral energy fizzle and dissolve into the air. He feels the proud energies of Lich draining out of the tips of his fingers and automatically returns to his customary slouch. His briefly clear mind fogged over again. His eye lights dimmed, he glances over to the two other guardians in the room.

"You two wouldn't happen to be mimics now would you? Only there was this door see and then I found this bat which says it's Lady Midnight" He loosed the chain a little and the cage dropped from his rib cage to where his stomach should be with a weirdly pleasing motion. Displaying the somewhat rattled bat for them "and honestly? I think it might be telling the truth." He glanced at the prone Percival. "Is he dead? He looks dead."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I'm a little surprised by the sudden appearance of Blackbone. I'm even more surprised when he reveals that he's... holding? protecting? imprisoning? Lady Midnight. That's... Why? Mimics? Was Mimi playing tricks on people? I shake my head vigorously, pat my cheeks, and focus on the situation. The ghost was dead. Again. Double dead. That was good! That should even lift the curse it put on Sir Percival. I should check, just to be sure. I float over to my furry friend and shake him!

I say, "Sir Percival!! Did the curse vanish? Hey! Hey! Wake up! Are you okay?" Hmmm. No immediate response. Well, he's probably fine. I spin back towards Blackbone and add, "He's fine. Just a little cursed, probably. And no!! Mimi's the only mimic I know. Why's Lady Midnight a bat? Why's she in a cage? Where's everyone else?"

I couldn't remember if I'd seen her do that trick before. Had I? She was cute like that. I'd have to protect her double-hard, though, because she looks a little vulnerable like that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"I am afraid that this conclusion might seem even suspiciously obvious", Zanzibar stated in his deep tones, "But taken that we fell down to the pit, upwards seems like the most logical place to continue. Lady Coral, you are the authority on mazes in this troupe, do you believe it a trap?"

• Locked thread