Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I thought pera was gonna case me

@bif my role is a jail that allows me to kill the jailed target after I ask them a question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
would vote mr F or BK. since we know where the replacement went the fact that neither of them has come forward says to me they are probs in a scum doc together.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I read Mr. F., he seemed really ambivalent about voting IS or Moat. Moat's flipped town, and I think Is is also town, so to me it reads as someone who just wants any mislynch to go through.

Mr. F! posted:

Hey sorry about to go to bed, sorry for not posting more today. Was doing homework and watching football. Both my teams won, gently caress the steelers.

Let's not no lynch today ##vote moatillata

Mr. F! posted:

##vote illegally sober

Sorry for lack of posting today. I'll be much more free to read everything I missed tomorrow

In response to Infinitum's callout:

Mr. F! posted:

@Inifinitum, I just don't want a no lynch, I've not been reading closely today. I will catch up tomorrow, and well, I believe in asiina. She's not faking she's angry right now and I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she's not angry cause we caught her teammate

And in response to stickup's callout:

Mr. F! posted:

I'm posting from my bed on my phone listening to a Steven king audio book. I decided to switch to IS cause Asiina felt real strongly about him, but now since that might not happen I'll have to switch to moatillata. Which means I can just wait until midnight to turn off the phone and go to bed

Mr. F! posted:

5 mins left. Do we need to switch back to moat?

He puts a vote on whoever is the vote leader, defers to Asiina when asked about his emptyvotes, yet still seems ambivalent and wanting to switch to Moat if necessary (even though Asiina is making his alignment calls).

Mind you, this is D1, before Asiina has flipped town. Why is he letting unflipped players decide his alignment calls on other players?

The easiest explanation is that it's a weak excuse from a scum player to throw a vote on the vote leader.

##vote Mr. F!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I read Mr. F., he seemed really ambivalent about voting IS or Moat. Moat's flipped town, and I think Is is also town, so to me it reads as someone who just wants any mislynch to go through.
Why is he letting unflipped players decide his alignment calls on other players?

:ironicat:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I suppose the snippet is ironic if you ignore me quoting Mr. F! quite literally justifying his votes "because Asiina said so".

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hello jon joe, who do you think is scum

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

It's going to be difficult for me to check in here much today but I'll do my best. We have a huge work event all day & night. I'm caught up on reading but won't be able to post much today, most likely.

FWIW although I still don't trust Kash, I can't disagree much with his case on Mr. F, but I'm not moving my vote there until we do our events today and everyone gets a chance to chime in.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

hello jon joe, who do you think is scum

IS and yourself

Who do you think is scum?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

jon joe posted:

IS and yourself

Who do you think is scum?

you

must be nice to just float through all this poo poo in the thread either not paying much attention or not wanting to contribute and yet having such precise clarity of only a couple scum choices to focus on. You even have the exact same list you did on D1, minus the dead townie!

I also think IS could be scummy, not so sure though cause you're also very scummy but you've got IS perched firmly on top of your list. Would be a bit odd for scum to put their 1/3 Mills-ratio scum at the very top of their list. thinking it's got to be one or the other of you two.

Besides that, I don't like the look of Mr. F, then I'm waffling on Tobbs and Kash and stickup. KB also entering the waffle zone now that the mad-at-Tobbs halo is wearing off.

peramene is frustrating but if their thief claim is legit, I find that to be an odd scum choice of role.

I wasn't worried about BK but I could see just popping him with a spare vig, shame about the shot on him being called so it could be blocked if that call's any good.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This thread is too quiet. Sure would be nice if some of the folks who aren't posting would do that.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

This thread is too quiet. Sure would be nice if some of the folks who aren't posting would do that.

be the change!

I'm doing my bit thanks to teething baby waking me up at 3AM :buddy:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

be the change!

I'm doing my bit thanks to teething baby waking me up at 3AM :buddy:

I have my vote and my case out there(Vote Mr F for great justice!). :) And I'm already at the top of the posting list. I think people have probably gotten their fill of me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

poo poo I just realized Kash finally answered my question about his BM jail but not the one about what JoJo part he was watching!

King Burgundy posted:

I have my vote and my case out there(Vote Mr F for great justice!). :) And I'm already at the top of the posting list. I think people have probably gotten their fill of me.

what the hell, how'd you get ahead of me? I haven't noticed your posts were THAT numerous.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

poo poo I just realized Kash finally answered my question about his BM jail but not the one about what JoJo part he was watching!

what the hell, how'd you get ahead of me? I haven't noticed your posts were THAT numerous.

Top section, not top top:

this is a stickup 195
Bifauxnen 120
King Burgundy 114
Tobbs Gnawed 113
Kashuno 104

So 3rd.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm on Diamond is Unbreakable

Also I don't really have much else to say tbqh. Pera/BK/KB/MF in that order namaste

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##vote jon joe

how come Mr. F can be the lurker flavor of the month right now but no one even loving mentions this guy

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote jon joe

how come Mr. F can be the lurker flavor of the month right now but no one even loving mentions this guy

probably because I am amazing and beautiful

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Also I don't really have much else to say tbqh. Pera/BK/KB/MF in that order namaste

I forgot to case Kashuno! I'll try to get to it but man, except for one thing you said you've really struck me as town this game and at least to my memory nobody's really truly seriously gone after your balls this game. Seems like a waste of time. I guess I oughta though.

Beginning of the sentence... hmm...

I picked thief at first because I main a rogue in wow and also figured it would be a rarer choice. I stole from IS (my D1 scumpick) because I had this grand thought that I might be able to prevent a kill or be helpful by slapping away the CP because I fundamentally misunderstood how actions and CP and jobs worked.

:sigh:

Case me, Kash! Let's have fun with it. Surely either rounding up your votes on me or ultimately deciding I'm town is a worthwhile endeavor.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

jon joe posted:

probably because I am amazing and beautiful

Regrettably since this is totally Popcon 2 jonjoe and I join in "suspicious, but" reads on him, like, the above is emphatically true.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I've already cased how you keep making posts with no actual content that are long :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote jon joe

Well, I have something besides lurker to go on with Mr F. Do you have something like that for Jon Joe that you want to sell us on?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I am physically incapable of reading peramene's posts this game. Something about their very form prevents both lingering sight and comprehension.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Well, I have something besides lurker to go on with Mr F. Do you have something like that for Jon Joe that you want to sell us on?

jon joe has shown up slightly more than Mr F, and not acted all "oh no I have a hard time following the thread please help", but still not contributed much. His case on me consists of "holy moley". (and has not been updated after my making shitloads more posts, especially past D1) His cases on IS and Moat were nonexistent. Now that Moat's flipped town, he just crosses Moat off the list and leaves it entirely unchanged so it's just IS and me now, no changes, no developments in his reads, no reactions to hardly anything going on, no thoughts except Tobbs got an ironicat that apparently didn't even mean jon joe thought anything was scummy about it.

And it seems really convenient that no one except me and like one quick comment somewhere from Kash is ever even mentioning this guy at all.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

jon joe has shown up slightly more than Mr F, and not acted all "oh no I have a hard time following the thread please help", but still not contributed much. His case on me consists of "holy moley". (and has not been updated after my making shitloads more posts, especially past D1) His cases on IS and Moat were nonexistent. Now that Moat's flipped town, he just crosses Moat off the list and leaves it entirely unchanged so it's just IS and me now, no changes, no developments in his reads, no reactions to hardly anything going on, no thoughts except Tobbs got an ironicat that apparently didn't even mean jon joe thought anything was scummy about it.

And it seems really convenient that no one except me and like one quick comment somewhere from Kash is ever even mentioning this guy at all.

I'll go back and look at him when I get a second. There's several people I want to re-read.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

how does one human produce that much bullshit?

you want activity, you got it buddy boy

your case consists of a cart of constructed caca, literally unable to handle my supreme ownage of you

the so-called content you seem so proud to push is actually you just feeding into the rancid miasma of class chat that covers this fetid game

every time that becomes a focus pose of discussion, I die a little inside; it's not helpful and prevents any actual content

what isn't that, is just lazy lurker call-outs, the easiest scum position to hold

stop farting and making GBS threads in this game, bifauxnen

##vote Bif

stop farting and making GBS threads

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

jon joe posted:

how does one human produce that much bullshit?

you want activity, you got it buddy boy

your case consists of a cart of constructed caca, literally unable to handle my supreme ownage of you

the so-called content you seem so proud to push is actually you just feeding into the rancid miasma of class chat that covers this fetid game

every time that becomes a focus pose of discussion, I die a little inside; it's not helpful and prevents any actual content

what isn't that, is just lazy lurker call-outs, the easiest scum position to hold

stop farting and making GBS threads in this game, bifauxnen

##vote Bif

stop farting and making GBS threads

______________/

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The group travels to the town of Tokkul , a sense of change has come over them as if something fundamental in their story is different.

They find the town in ruins and learn that The evil Gutsco has kidnapped King Argus and enslaved his people.

As they ponder this Gutsco's men surround them and throw them into a prison inside the ancient Elder Tree.

The warriors languish in prison what do you do?

A. Wait around and see if something happens.
B. Use the Mini spell to try to find a way through the roots
C. Pretend to be sick and attack a guard when they come in to check on you.
D. Come to the realization that life is meaningless and we are all specks of dust that can never truly change anything.

Let's say, 10Pm for deadline. (Eastern)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
B? I like B.

A and C I rate about the same.

D would be hilarious, but probably isn't the right answer. (on the other hand... CPig...).

I think B though.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I think it's either B or D. Perhaps D would activate some magical feel-good power of the tree.

But probably B.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

this whole game is just CPig trying to get us to pick D

A sounds not really any better than D this time

C is the most cliche thing ever so B is probably the way to go, yeah.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bifauxnen posted:

this whole game is just CPig trying to get us to pick D

You are so correct here I just had to reiterate.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I dunno, just reread him and nothing is really standing out to me. He has been more involved then the people on my existing lurking list, but seems to have dropped off recently. I don't know if I've played mafia with him before, is this different from his standard play? On re-looking at posts and skimming through some people, these are the people I'm most concerned about in the lurking category: MrF, BK, AR, AN/Grandi, in that order, but would really be nice if Grandi started posting or he'll move up.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

The group travels to the town of Tokkul , a sense of change has come over them as if something fundamental in their story is different.

They find the town in ruins and learn that The evil Gutsco has kidnapped King Argus and enslaved his people.

As they ponder this Gutsco's men surround them and throw them into a prison inside the ancient Elder Tree.

The warriors languish in prison what do you do?

A. Wait around and see if something happens.
B. Use the Mini spell to try to find a way through the roots
C. Pretend to be sick and attack a guard when they come in to check on you.
D. Come to the realization that life is meaningless and we are all specks of dust that can never truly change anything.

Let's say, 10Pm for deadline. (Eastern)

D, absolutely D.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

I dunno, just reread him and nothing is really standing out to me. He has been more involved then the people on my existing lurking list, but seems to have dropped off recently. I don't know if I've played mafia with him before, is this different from his standard play? On re-looking at posts and skimming through some people, these are the people I'm most concerned about in the lurking category: MrF, BK, AR, AN/Grandi, in that order, but would really be nice if Grandi started posting or he'll move up.

Yesterday was my D&D night, so I haven't read anything before I subbed in. I plan on catching up over the weekend.
I am actively following along, but am pretty lost. I don't get the job system, I'm not sure what is happening with the choose your own adventure(even though the answer is definitely D), I'm sure I can figure it all out once I catch up, but right now I'm confused.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, B seems like the best option.

I'll lock it in once we have a few more opinions.

Of course, at some point, we have to pick the comedy D option, but now is probably not the time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

B

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I'm content to lock B in.

I thought Kash and I were gonna go a round and have fun with it but whatever, I'm pretty sure he's town anyway.

I've done my best here so far and it's just giving fuel to a fire I obviously don't want to build so with that in mind:

jon joe posted:

I am physically incapable of reading peramene's posts

Bif, if you're scum, you've played a hell of a game. ##vote jon joe.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I don't really like any of these options but B or C seem best to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

Bif, if you're scum, you've played a hell of a game. ##vote jon joe.

:prepop:

I'm sorry your posts are symptomatic of your lack of experience, peramene

Your "hell of a game" back at you if your lost townie shtick is a ploy

B

• Locked thread