Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sweeeeet

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I do like C.

I'd be less confident in my Mr. F! vote if it was just because he's lurking, but please read my case on him before dismissing it as a lurker lynch.

Yeah I would also vote Mr F, just wanted to make sure the jon joe case got made too since the Mr. F one already seemed to be catching on really well while JJ flew on under the radar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

Why I think Jon Joe could be scum, because he asked:

I'm going to latch on here.

First, after this onion knight business, I'm going to violate my own principles re: setup spec and postulate that Bif is probably not scum.

Second, I'm going to ~evolve my views~ in a way I totally promise is not OMGUS: Mithross is scum.

quote:

This is it, this is his day 2, as far as content goes. We get two opinions (Is is scum because he said to be honest, bif is scum because reasons, and Moat worked his way into the middle of that list apparently as a holdout from d1). Also stickup isn't scum is in there, but it isn't a particularly quotable post, so I didn't copy it. There's no content to dig into, no reasons given. It's the simplest, bare bones of opinions, that gives nobody else anything to base an opinion on. We can disagree with his alignment calls, but with no reasons, we can't look for missteps in logic that allow one to scum hunt. This is how you give opinions while keeping secret knowledge secret.

Funny Mr. Ross would simultaneously mention I give no reasoning, mention my d1, quote reasoning and conveniently fail to quote reasoning from day 1, all simultaneously. This is cherry picking at its finest.

quote:

This isn't a case, or a mafia post. This is just insulting someone. Ad hominem is a fallacy for a reason.
And yet I never said Pera is scum. Mithross is doing his own odd fallacy here, wherein he quotes an entirely null post in a case on me because he's scum digging for whatever he can find.

quote:

Once you dig through the thesaurus, there's a real, valid point in here (Bif is scum because most of her content is setup spec, not casing). It's funny how he mentions lazy lurker call-outs as the easiest scum position to hold, seeing as caseless opinions are the second easiest scum position to hold (assuming we're ignoring actual lurking), which was his game up until this point.

Jon Joe isn't my number one scum pick, but he's on my watch list for sure.
I do not, at all, like the juxtaposition of calling my point valid and, at the same time, calling my positions caseless. Hint: You don't need make poo poo up, cherry picking posts, to case someone. A valid point is a case.

Mithross is looking to give himself lots of wiggle room intentionally. It's like he feels the explicit need to preserve his future choices behind a hedge maze of hedges. This is 110% a scum move.

Looking at his posting history, this is his MO: find a bunch of posts to comment on and hold his options open. Would vote with the force of 1000 suns.

##vote Mithross with the force of 1000 suns.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I have just realized I have been failing to charge anyone CP for their skill level when they change jobs.

Whoops.

I just edited that rule out of the op.

Carry on.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

I have just realized I have been failing to charge anyone CP for their skill level when they change jobs.

Whoops.

Carry on.

:ghost: THIS GAME IS A SHAMBLES :ghost:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
this game is a beautiful flower

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

C

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

BAM

(not gonna try the earlier ones ,they are too hard)

I don't know how you did this, but it's rad.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
C, very nervously.

CapitalistPig posted:

Whoops.
Carry on.

Polite request that you doublecheck your maths throughout because I think maybe you remembered to bill me when I remembered? Of course, I am but a useless unemployed historian, goodness knows I can't do math. But if I suspect a mistake, even if there isn't one with me, perhaps there is a mistake with others. Second - this is a pretty substantial rulechange that... adds more advantage to scum, right? Some kind of town... buff?? To equalize? idk. Run your game how you'd like, beloved and high holy CPig.

jon joe posted:

And yet I never said pera is scum. Mithross is doing his own odd fallacy here, wherein he quotes an entirely null post in a case on me because he's scum digging for whatever he can find.

The first sentence here is true. Jon Joe said I was difficult to read, Bif said I was frustrating, I think Kash had an adhom too. On this point at least, Jon Joe is right, and I would like to ask Mithross to respond, not that it's enough to move my vote (tho this is a solid play JJ drat -- especially if both of you are scum) because it occurs to me that realizing the second thief never claimed and then claiming it (knowing they were dead now especially?) would be a great way to get me to empathize with you which is exactly what I did. I know that trick. Not necessarily convinced that's what you did, but let's talk about it because this is definitely at the very least an in for JJ to get at your credibility (or pretend to).

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

peramene posted:

The first sentence here is true. Jon Joe said I was difficult to read, Bif said I was frustrating, I think Kash had an adhom too. On this point at least, Jon Joe is right, and I would like to ask Mithross to respond, not that it's enough to move my vote (tho this is a solid play JJ drat -- especially if both of you are scum) because it occurs to me that realizing the second thief never claimed and then claiming it (knowing they were dead now especially?) would be a great way to get me to empathize with you which is exactly what I did. I know that trick. Not necessarily convinced that's what you did, but let's talk about it because this is definitely at the very least an in for JJ to get at your credibility (or pretend to).

I never said he was using it to call you scum, just that it was a useless adhom attack, in the middle of a weak post history.

As for the second thief thing, the only death we've had since n1 was Moat, who claimed monk d1. And the n1 deaths had their current job, which also would have been their only job.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

I don't know how you did this, but it's rad.

It was simple:

* Suspect all along that the puzzles might have something to do with the "secret job" which has gotta be Onion Knight
* Look at those nice big puzzle pieces and compare against Onion Knight in the FF3 job artwork CPig's already been using, and see that it doesn't match
* Wonder for a second if it's a clue about what jobs the scum took instead, and check against all the other job artwork in that set just to be sure, starting with Black Mage
* Realize it still doesn't match cause nothing in that art set has that kind of Amano bead thing going on around the hand, but it looks like it should be some very similar character artwork
* Use photoshop to move a couple of the orange chunks together and get a better look at that distinctive sash bit
* Try looking up FF3 concept art in general, get mostly Amano stuff
* Look up Cloud of Darkness in particular cause I was thinking again about how the D choices are getting way more ominous, maybe the puzzle is actually about that
* See that Cloud of Darkness does not resemble any bits of this puzzle in any way shape or form, in any of the versions, but waaaait, one of these at least has a more similar style, the Dissidia one
* Google "FF3 Dissidia" now that I remember Dissidia is a thing that exists
* First image result :buddy:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

It was simple:

* Suspect all along that the puzzles might have something to do with the "secret job" which has gotta be Onion Knight
* Look at those nice big puzzle pieces and compare against Onion Knight in the FF3 job artwork CPig's already been using, and see that it doesn't match
* Wonder for a second if it's a clue about what jobs the scum took instead, and check against all the other job artwork in that set just to be sure, starting with Black Mage
* Realize it still doesn't match cause nothing in that art set has that kind of Amano bead thing going on around the hand, but it looks like it should be some very similar character artwork
* Use photoshop to move a couple of the orange chunks together and get a better look at that distinctive sash bit
* Try looking up FF3 concept art in general, get mostly Amano stuff
* Look up Cloud of Darkness in particular cause I was thinking again about how the D choices are getting way more ominous, maybe the puzzle is actually about that
* See that Cloud of Darkness does not resemble any bits of this puzzle in any way shape or form, in any of the versions, but waaaait, one of these at least has a more similar style, the Dissidia one
* Google "FF3 Dissidia" now that I remember Dissidia is a thing that exists
* First image result :buddy:

Thank you so much for showing your work, this is really fantastic. Fantastic use of your knowledge of the franchise and possibilities for relevance to the game.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mithross posted:

I never said he was using it to call you scum, just that it was a useless adhom attack, in the middle of a weak post history.

As for the second thief thing, the only death we've had since n1 was Moat, who claimed monk d1. And the n1 deaths had their current job, which also would have been their only job.

Solid - I actually had a (Moat??) in my first draft, then removed it, wondering if you'd point it out. Thanks Mith.

The first two sentences are also obviously true, but "useless adhom attacks" are just... I mean, how should I phrase this...

"Welcome to SA Mafia. Hope you like miasma! adhom attacks!"

Even if it is a filthy militarist ploy to demean the rightful authority of the people :helladid:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

peramene posted:

Solid - I actually had a (Moat??) in my first draft, then removed it, wondering if you'd point it out. Thanks Mith.

The first two sentences are also obviously true, but "useless adhom attacks" are just... I mean, how should I phrase this...

"Welcome to SA Mafia. Hope you like miasma! adhom attacks!"

Even if it is a filthy militarist ploy to demean the rightful authority of the people :helladid:

Well, I'd say there are useful adhom attacks in a game like mafia. Pissing off the scum until they slip is a thing, or pissing off town until it looks like they slipped. We just get... overenthusiastic with them sometimes, here at SA.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
C

Mithross is pretty clearly just flinging to see what sticks, while opening up the opportunity to vote me.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

jon joe posted:

C

Mithross is pretty clearly just flinging to see what sticks, while opening up the opportunity to vote me.

You asked me to case you.
You did.
I said I could see you as scum. Not you were scum. You wanted it expanded out into a case.
Now you say I made a case without presenting a concrete opinion.
Which I did.
Because you asked me.
I even said I would happily vote you.

This isn't me posting a lot of work with no conclusion out of the blue.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
??? I asked you to back it up. If you're town you have a reason for your opinion. Typically speaking, that reason isn't supposed to be cherry picked garbage if you aren't scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

C. Look for something in your environment to give you an advantage.

The Warriors Peer at their surroundings and see a switch hidden behind a throne.

They press it and A pit opens in the floor and Gutsco falls in.

Light aligned players get 20 CP and Dark Aligned players get 10 CP

Water Jobs have been unlocked as the power of the crystal is absorbed.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

jon joe posted:

??? I asked you to back it up. If you're town you have a reason for your opinion. Typically speaking, that reason isn't supposed to be cherry picked garbage if you aren't scum.

But this is the disconnect. You say I have bad reasons. Then you say I'm just hedging. So should I declare you are 100% scum for those "bad" reasons? Or should I declare you to be town because I haven't found enough evidence to be sure you are scum?

You want it to be both things at once. I'm hedging, and throwing things to see what sticks, and I don't have anything, and I should have drawn a concrete answer from all of that.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mithross posted:

But this is the disconnect. You say I have bad reasons. Then you say I'm just hedging. So should I declare you are 100% scum for those "bad" reasons? Or should I declare you to be town because I haven't found enough evidence to be sure you are scum?

You want it to be both things at once. I'm hedging, and throwing things to see what sticks, and I don't have anything, and I should have drawn a concrete answer from all of that.

What the gently caress are you even saying?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

3 hours to go, hopefully the forums are up at deadline...

##vote Mr. F

I still don't feel good about jon joe, but at least he is showing up to make more detailed cases now even if they're pretty omgus. And now I can relax knowing that if anything were to happen to me, he won't stay under the radar cause I'm no longer the only one paying him any attention.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I cannot be around for deadline, I'm sorry. I thought it was tomorrow night, not tonight.

I'll put my vote in now and I'll try to check at deadline if I can but it's not likely as I'll be on the road.

##vote Mr. F

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh drat I did not know it was tonight. I'll be here

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

##vote Mr. F!

Should be here for deadline, but if not this is a vote I'm OK with.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Mr. F! (5): King Burgundy, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, IllegallySober, Mithross
peramene (1): Kashuno
jon joe (1): Bifauxnen, peramene, Bifauxnen
King Burgundy (1): Anonymous
Absurd Revolver (1): Anonymous
Mithross (1): jon joe
Bifauxnen (0): jon joe, jon joe
chaoslord (0): peramene, peramene
Kashuno (0): IllegallySober, IllegallySober

Not Voting (6): Absurd Revolver, BottleKnight, chaoslord, Grandicap, Mr. F!, this is a stickup

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 16 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The sounds of a beautiful harp can be heard.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
bif quick, what does a harp do

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I'm okay with mrf

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Votecount for Day 3

IllegallySober (1): Anonymous
peramene (1): Kashuno
Kashuno (1): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Anonymous

Not Voting (6): Absurd Revolver, BottleKnight, chaoslord, Grandicap, Mr. F!, this is a stickup

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 9 minutes.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Bard puts out random votes and gives the bard an anonymous vote to control.

So it's basically a double voter plus random votes.

It's a day action, doesn't interfere with other night action performance I believe.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
oh yeah, there are a bunch of anonymous votes I didn't even notice

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Votecount for Day 3

peramene (2): Kashuno, Anonymous

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 7 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The song fades away.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I wasn't cool enough for an anonymous vote I guess

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
no one is here with stuff to say really so ##vote mr. f!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
was busy all day without Internet except in spurts and I was more busy arguing with people about things and lifting poo poo

but f has somehow lurked more than I have and that can't be tolerated

##vote Mr f

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Votecount for Day 3

Mr. F! (8): King Burgundy, Tobbs Gnawed, Bifauxnen, IllegallySober, Mithross, this is a stickup, Absurd Revolver, Anonymous
peramene (2): Kashuno, Anonymous

Not Voting (4): BottleKnight, chaoslord, Grandicap, Mr. F!

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 53 minutes.

:redhammer:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
MR F! has been eliminated on Day 3!

Gutsco

Go away, scat, skittle, skibobble! The horn is mine! Mine I tell you!
—Gutsco, when confronted by the party"

Dark Aligned

Current Job - Black Mage

It is Night 3 , do the thing.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This is a stickup has died!

Elder Homak

Luneth... you must treat Nina, your mother, the very best you can. You must know by now that she is not your birth mother, but she has taken care of you as if she truly were.
—Elder Homak"

Light Aligned

Current Job : Onion Knight

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (13): Absurd Revolver, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, chaoslord, Grandicap, IllegallySober, jon joe, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Mithross, Mr. F!, peramene, Tobbs Gnawed

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 01st, 2017 at 11:59 a.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

There's several people (including myself) that need to do more posting today.

I should be around quite a bit, I hope.

• Locked thread