Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bifauxnen posted:

I never really got how he got these odds from the 3 abilities he said he picked though.

Since we're doing geomancy talk, this is the post from bif I thought for a time might have been a scum slip. Being confused about the odds, I thought it might have been coming from a scum who didn't get detailed specifics on a weird job. Once I became a geomancer, I decided maybe bif was confused because she'd gone geo and didn't get odds either. I didn't want to point it out the specific post yesterday, because it might have given current job info to scum, if Bif was in fact a geo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm lost at this point. I really dropped the beat of this game by not reading at all over the weekend, and repeated class talk is kinda making my eyes glaze over.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
If the three of us are all really town and this is where the game turns in town's favor, I'd just like to point out that the Thieves' Guild collectively pulled off this amazing operation with no ability to coordinate whatsoever.

I'd say, "Feel free to take your CP back if you've nothing better to do with your turn, IS." But that won't work like that anymore once you change jobs. drat. WELL at least I'm walking away with the satisfaction of having stolen from scum D1 by proxy. Just wasn't right of me to take a fellow guildie's take. Won't happen again.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I didn't pick a geo, I was just hella confused at what AR said about it, partly cause I thought he meant he would jail AND lightningrod himself. Now I am more confused, but it sounds like he might have assumed there were equal odds for each case? Jail target, jail target, lightning rod on target, or "hit self"

King Burgundy posted:

Already claimed my other stuff:

Changed to Viking. Can go berserk, at level 1 This does nothing, vig, or roleblock to a random target.
N3: Berserk'd

At level 3 it adds Bodyguard and Redirect as possible outcomes.

Why would you do this?!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I didn't pick a geo, I was just hella confused at what AR said about it, partly cause I thought he meant he would jail AND lightningrod himself. Now I am more confused, but it sounds like he might have assumed there were equal odds for each case? Jail target, jail target, lightning rod on target, or "hit self"

Why would you do this?!

Because I couldn't change jobs again until today and I wanted to find out what the next level did. There was only a 1/3 chance I'd kill someone, and even if that happened there was a chance I'd hit scum.

I think even with the added bodyguard, I'll probably still swap jobs today. We'll see.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm finding Kash's claim a bit hard to believe. Wondering why he would double up on BK after chaos already called out a shot on him. Even if it was to "make sure", what if scum just plopped a protect or redirect on him?

And for Kash's claim to be true about the "same effect", there must have been another lvl 5 black mage out there, who would likely be scum at this point cause early everyone else has claimed otherwise, and that this scum also wanted BK dead. If BK is not scum, why would scum want to kill him off when he's got that dodgy 3P claim out there and he's a nice walking target to draw attention away from them?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm finding Kash's claim a bit hard to believe. Wondering why he would double up on BK after chaos already called out a shot on him. Even if it was to "make sure", what if scum just plopped a protect or redirect on him?

And for Kash's claim to be true about the "same effect", there must have been another lvl 5 black mage out there, who would likely be scum at this point cause early everyone else has claimed otherwise, and that this scum also wanted BK dead. If BK is not scum, why would scum want to kill him off when he's got that dodgy 3P claim out there and he's a nice walking target to draw attention away from them?

It's because I didn't know CL called out a shot. I barely got my action period. I played hella Tales and really ignored this game hardcore from Thurs-Sun

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

peramene posted:

If the three of us are all really town and this is where the game turns in town's favor, I'd just like to point out that the Thieves' Guild collectively pulled off this amazing operation with no ability to coordinate whatsoever.

I wonder about that...

You claim to be a thief who stole from IS. IS backs up the loss of CP.

IS claims to be a thief who stole from Mr F. Mr F (scum) backs up the loss of CP.

Mithross claims to be a thief who stole from BK. BK keeps lurking and doing his possible 3P thing and never bothers confirming.

I was thinking earlier that if you were scum after all, peramene, IS would probably be your scumbro cause he could back up your fakeclaim of having been a thief and using that action N1, instead of vigging people with black magic. And now that Mr. F has flipped, it would make a whole nice drat chain of scum stealing from scum stealing from scum.

Not exactly a smoking gun but it means you two are in my "looks scummy all right" category.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Scum targeting BK doesn't make much sense to me at all. But I guess it's possible they were targeting someone else and got moved there by a nexus/thief thing/rod or whatever?

I mean, we don't actually know that Kash actually went to BK last night even if that is what he intended.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
D1 picked monk, N1 and N2 used 1-shot nexus getting it to level 5.

D3 switched to ranger, switched to Bard the same day and sang, getting to level 3 bard.

CPig had no problem with me switching twice in the same day, and I have 30 CP left.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I already asked CPig if we could change more than once per day because honestly I'd spend all my CP just going through as many jobs as I could and then announce the level 1 powers, but he said 1 per day.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So something is messed up here. Because Tobbs and flipped town Asiina have conflicting stories.

Also, why would someone want to immediately switch away from a job that started with 2 tracks at level 1?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I tried to swap to knight and back to BLM and got denied for two swaps.##vote Tobbs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Well either CPig messed up or one of us is lying.

They were all jobs of different crystals, dunno if that's why he let me do it (bard wasn't available when I picked ranger).

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Eh, if I'm the lynch today because CPig made an error, that's sort of lame.

I guess just remember that what I told you about the role info is true after I flip town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

I tried to swap to knight and back to BLM and got denied for two swaps.##vote Tobbs

Why is this a thing you were trying to do?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I guess just remember that what I told you about the role info is true after I flip town.

FUNNY BECAUSE THAT HAPPENED TO ME AS SCUM TOO!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Scum targeting BK doesn't make much sense to me at all. But I guess it's possible they were targeting someone else and got moved there by a nexus/thief thing/rod or whatever?

I mean, we don't actually know that Kash actually went to BK last night even if that is what he intended.

Yeah, maybe. 2 thieves have already claimed who they hid behind though, and neither was BK. The monk nexuses would've probably been used up by now. Not too many chances left for that to be the case unless scum are lying to hide their own redirects. But again, this just seems unlikely and last time Kash was "just too busy and totally not paying attention guys" last FF game, he was scum.

fake edit: welp, hold on...

Kashuno posted:

King Burgundy posted:

So something is messed up here. Because Tobbs and flipped town Asiina have conflicting stories.

Also, why would someone want to immediately switch away from a job that started with 2 tracks at level 1?

Yeah what the gently caress? Tobbs the math would've worked on you if you'd switched to ranger just now today. You might've got greedy bud.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Nope. I'm town and have those three roles and I got them in that order.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

why would he even have the opportunity to make this error? I thought you were going all nerdcore on analyzing the CP costs and poo poo, but somehow you missed "can't change more than once per day"?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, maybe. 2 thieves have already claimed who they hid behind though, and neither was BK. The monk nexuses would've probably been used up by now. Not too many chances left for that to be the case unless scum are lying to hide their own redirects. But again, this just seems unlikely and last time Kash was "just too busy and totally not paying attention guys" last FF game, he was scum.

fake edit: welp, hold on...

Yeah what the gently caress? Tobbs the math would've worked on you if you'd switched to ranger just now today. You might've got greedy bud.

Yeah, but we have two people who are claimed geomancers who might lightning rod, so that throws things a bit more up in the air.

AR claims to have geomanced pera, but it would have hit stick instead since she hid behind him. If it was lightning rod for example, everyone hit stick last night.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Why is this a thing you were trying to do?

I like blm and wanted to hit 5 but also wanted another class skill if needed and I like kni

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hang on, you would've been allowed to make the first switch to knight though, Kash. Right?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

hang on, you would've been allowed to make the first switch to knight though, Kash. Right?

Ya but my PM to Cpig was "Swap me to kni and back to blm" which resulted in cpig responding with "No that is not allowed"

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
CCKeane replaces Jon Joe

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

*a farting sound rings throughout the sky*
*CCKeane lands in thread like a meteor*

Hello Friends I am here to save the game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hi Keane, I am a replacement too.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, GrandiStatus: Page 19

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

why didn't BK get replaced when he's posted literally nothing for almost like a whole loving week

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

why didn't BK get replaced when he's posted literally nothing for almost like a whole loving week

Because he's not actually 3P he's scum who is active in the scum doc and is lurking here???

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
my odd were a supposition from the info i got from cpig about the job

i figured the backfire chance was at equal odds with each individual power

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Because he's not actually 3P he's scum who is active in the scum doc and is lurking here???

Thinking we should just lunch him today cause depending on town vigs to actually hit who we want seems very dicey at this point.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
btw pera did you mention what my ability did to u last night i have no loving idea

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sending out pms with current CP totals for everyone so they know what they have.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
also i targeted you because i think ur scum and your analysis of my actions lends me too much credit

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

why would he even have the opportunity to make this error? I thought you were going all nerdcore on analyzing the CP costs and poo poo, but somehow you missed "can't change more than once per day"?

That's not a part of the OP. I didn't ask if I was able to change, I just PM'd CPig after the new crystal unlocked and he let it happen.

Like, it's not really a perfect defense but I liked KB's Mr. F! case, expanded on it, and told CPig to use my second vote to hammer if he got to -1 (the anonymous hammer was mine).

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yeah, still want to get the events/etc and hear from our replacements on what they think before we end the day. But right now voting BK makes the most sense to me. Consider my vote there. I don't want to put it down yet knowing there are double and triple voters out there potentially.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Absurd Revolver posted:

btw pera did you mention what my ability did to u last night i have no loving idea

She said she hid behind Stick, so your action would have hit Stick if she's telling the truth.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

You claim to be a thief who stole from IS. IS backs up the loss of CP.
IS claims to be a thief who stole from Mr F. Mr F (scum) backs up the loss of CP.
Mithross claims to be a thief who stole from BK. BK keeps lurking and doing his possible 3P thing and never bothers confirming.

I was thinking earlier that if you were scum after all, peramene, IS would probably be your scumbro cause he could back up your fakeclaim of having been a thief and using that action N1, instead of vigging people with black magic. And now that Mr. F has flipped, it would make a whole nice drat chain of scum stealing from scum stealing from scum.

Not exactly a smoking gun but it means you two are in my "looks scummy all right" category.

This is a fair argument, but I want to clarify the timeline of - ahem - Guild activities.

D2 - Jan 24, 2017 3:22 PM Mr. F demanded to know who stole his CP. Mr. F is scum. - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806659&userid=219245#post468705864

D2 - Jan 25, 2017 5:47 PM: Having given other thieves sufficient opportunity to claim responsibility, I take the risk and claim not only that I am a thief, but that I attempted to steal from IS, not Mr. F. I believed thief would be a rare choice and that I could confirm redirects/abilities. - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806659&userid=216296#post468745998

D2 - Jan 25, 2017 6:19 PM: I explicitly invite town to consider that "Either IS and I are both scum, [or nonsense as I thought-out-loud, IS confirming the lost CP does nothing but confirm the theft or our cooperation.]

D3 - Jan 26, 2017 6:40 PM: Mith says he's a thief just to be helpful and answer a question asked of me. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806659&userid=175574#post468782315

D3 - Jan 28, 2017 11:59 AM: In-thread talk between Mith and I follows that you can take or leave as real or scummy but somewhere in all of this talk I counter my own suggestion that Mith's theft being redirected to BK with the possibility of a "third thief." ...which now that I type it like that, doesn't exactly look all that good with the timing of IS' claim, does it? Hm. Well, the truth always serves the town. I entertained the idea of there being a third thief. [Forums won't let me link specific posts anymore for some reason??]

D4 - Jan 30, 2017 11:32 AM: Just shortly before this post, IS FINALLY comes forward as the third thief and claims to have blown his ult standing behind me, while I stood behind Stickup.

It is possible with this evidence that IS and I are both scum, as has been the case from the moment he confirmed that I stole from him. Particularly suspicious because I foretold the existence of a third thief, et voila, here he is. However, unless I'm mistaken, for this to be true: both IS and I need to be scum. Not necessarily Mithross. Even if BK comes along (which he should today, incidentally, in just a few hours) and confirms Mith's theft, BK could very well be on our scum team too or as a Survivor devoted to the scum cause and now know to back Mithross up. I invite you to explore the order of operations and ask yourself if we are capable of it.

Looking at this in front of me, I can see the argument. I'm not sure if this is what anarc meant when she referred to a "setup spec" earlier? It sounds complicated but it is feasible. If you need to test it, lynch me instead of IS. I don't believe there is a justification to confirm my claim like he did, and when I flip town, he is at least a superior player. Assuming he survives the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's not a part of the OP.

But you spent literally all D2 writing loving speeches about the problems of claiming or not, which often included discussing Asiina's view, or my D1 view on how claiming might be pointless cause everyone was probably locked in for the day anyway, are you trying to tell me that the whole time you were giving me all that poo poo, you were totally spacing out on a pretty key game mechanic and just letting your eyes glaze over the stuff both me and Asiina said that was pretty drat relevant to the topic you devoted all that effort to?

• Locked thread