Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Your response to this question:

Was this:

Which goes counter to what you said before. What you are saying doesn't hang together. Please explain to me what I normally do during joke phase if your claim is now seemingly that I don't participate and simultaneously I also try harder?

I don't normally see you participate in joke phase by joking. You seem to be more likely to try to play for real immediately, even if there's only a little content. You're not doing that here, you're making jokes in jokephase which I feel is unusual for you.

It's like Quid. Quid almost never participates in jokephase. He's usually a lot more aggressive in being like WE ARE PLAYING FOR REAL NOW EVERYBODY *4000 posts and/or words* but same basic attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Actively participating in jokephase = Not trying. Like moreso than trying to find what little content you can.

There are people who contribute to jokephase and keep it going via that contribution and I don't see you as one of them, so it's odd behaviour.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I don't normally see you participate in joke phase by joking. You seem to be more likely to try to play for real immediately, even if there's only a little content. You're not doing that here, you're making jokes in jokephase which I feel is unusual for you.

It's like Quid. Quid almost never participates in jokephase. He's usually a lot more aggressive in being like WE ARE PLAYING FOR REAL NOW EVERYBODY *4000 posts and/or words* but same basic attitude.

Naw. Give me a recent example game to look at that you are basing this supposed opinion on? And I guess it should be a game where I was town, since you seem to be implying that I would act like I am here as scum? Or are you saying I never do this in any game? In which case, what?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Asiina posted:

Actively participating in jokephase = Not trying. Like moreso than trying to find what little content you can.

Actively killing jokephase = Infinitum is a sad panda

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Truly a joke phase tragedy

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Since it's dead, you two should comment on me and Asiina now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Naw. Give me a recent example game to look at that you are basing this supposed opinion on? And I guess it should be a game where I was town, since you seem to be implying that I would act like I am here as scum? Or are you saying I never do this in any game? In which case, what?

I mean I can look this up but it's more showing the negative. Like it's more productive again my point if you show me a game where you're town and you participate actively in jokephase. BTW if you show me this I'll back off.

I'm not going to spend my Saturday night looking up games of yours, trying to find out if you were town, to find a jokephase you didn't participate in just so you can say "it was a different kind of game than this one because X was happening"

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah gimme a sec

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Make me.

I already told you who the scum was

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

Truly a joke phase tragedy

much like you're posting

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

this is a stickup posted:

much like you're posting

See, now this is just bad scum jokephase posting right here

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

See, now this is just bad scum jokephase posting right here

you're projecting too hard I can't hear myself post

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Look, Stickup

Mate

I know you're scum

You know you're scum

I'm just gonna tunnel the gently caress out of you until you just loving admit you're scum

So why don't we just save us all a lot of effort and name calling, and you just come out with it already?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

much like you're posting

This is true, I am posting. Astute.

I didn't like this joke less vote. It didn't seem like a jokevote to me and it stuck with me wrong. It would only be something if King B didn't post more or become his usual self which is happening now. So, it's moot point to me rn

As far as Asiina goes, I don't have much of a baseline for her but I can vouch for her oot activities last night.

Stickup is the real scum here.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

Look, Stickup

Mate

I know you're scum

You know you're scum

I'm just gonna tunnel the gently caress out of you until you just loving admit you're scum

So why don't we just save us all a lot of effort and name calling, and you just come out with it already?

This is true sticky strap yourself in

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also imma full claim right now.

I am Purple David Bowie.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted:

Look, Stickup

Mate

I know you're scum

You know you're scum

pera and asiina told me in the doc that I shouldn't respond to you, but that's rude. like moat

so here is a reply

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Moatillata posted:

This is true, I am posting. Astute.

plesse don't ruin I'm joke

rude!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote infinitum scum found

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Look, Stickup

Mate

I know you're scum

You know you're scum

cmon bud, you know thats just gonna make you look more scummy than him :v:

as for Asiina/KB, this reminds me a lot of when I was clashing with KB myself. I think he's conflated posting at all (participation by not lurking) with posting in jokephase (which is not necessarily participating in any serious casing or voting sense). And by doing so, he believes he has caught Asiina in a clear contradiction to prove his case, and it may become very hard to talk him out of it since the more she says, the more opportunities there are for a misunderstanding to serve as further proof.

unfortunately, my bet would be town slapfight.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Infinitum posted:

Also imma full claim right now.

I am Purple David Bowie.

wrong game mate, JoJo 4 Mafia doesnt even exist yet!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

jon joe posted:

##vote infinitum scum found

:yeah:

Bifauxnen posted:

cmon bud, you know thats just gonna make you look more scummy than him :v:

as for Asiina/KB, this reminds me a lot of when I was clashing with KB myself. I think he's conflated posting at all (participation by not lurking) with posting in jokephase (which is not necessarily participating in any serious casing or voting sense). And by doing so, he believes he has caught Asiina in a clear contradiction to prove his case, and it may become very hard to talk him out of it since the more she says, the more opportunities there are for a misunderstanding to serve as further proof.

unfortunately, my bet would be town slapfight.

I actually agree with Bif. pretty sure asiina just latched onto the only real read she could get. If anything, KB's rebuttal feels like it bit a little too hard, but I don't think it was scummy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I mean I can look this up but it's more showing the negative. Like it's more productive again my point if you show me a game where you're town and you participate actively in jokephase. BTW if you show me this I'll back off.

I'm not going to spend my Saturday night looking up games of yours, trying to find out if you were town, to find a jokephase you didn't participate in just so you can say "it was a different kind of game than this one because X was happening"

From my perspective, you are the one with the burden of proof here. Not only to convince other people you are right, but also to prove me wrong about your contradiction. I'm fine with you continuing to pursue me on this because I think other people will eventually see what I do. The worst part is, you still aren't actually putting yourself on the record when I've asked you questions like this:

King Burgundy posted:

You didn't answer most of my post here. Please confirm what you are actually saying my meta is. Are you saying I DO participate in joke phase as scum? And I do NOT as town? Like I feel like you are trying to weasel out of your opinions by not stating anything clearly now that I've caught you in a contradiction. I don't normally associate this kind of arguing with you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

I didn't like this joke less vote. It didn't seem like a jokevote to me and it stuck with me wrong. It would only be something if King B didn't post more or become his usual self which is happening now. So, it's moot point to me rn

It's important to look at that vote in context:

if we lynch moat today, we all get 15 CP

cpig just confirmed this to me in pm

I mean, it was quite literally the post right before it. Not sure how anyone looks at this sequence and thinks I'm being serious.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Are all the girls playing this game scum?

(Yes/No/Maybe)

*please circle one and pass back to me

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, it was quite literally the post right before it. Not sure how anyone looks at this sequence and thinks I'm being serious.

people literally make entire cases around posts like that vOv

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

You didn't answer most of my post here. Please confirm what you are actually saying my meta is. Are you saying I DO participate in joke phase as scum? And I do NOT as town? Like I feel like you are trying to weasel out of your opinions by not stating anything clearly now that I've caught you in a contradiction. I don't normally associate this kind of arguing with you.

I am saying my recollection of you as town is that you do not participate in jokephase. I don't have any specific memories of you as scum participating or not participating in jokephase, but that doesn't change that I find the way you participated here to be different from how you usually do and I consider that odd and enough for an early D1 vote in a game with exceedingly little content.

I'm once again not going to scour games to find one in which you are town where you did not participate in jokephase but instead went straight into really playing because I know the argument against that is just going to be that "there was content in this game to go on, but there wasn't here." or you'll accuse me of cherry picking so I would have to find a lot of examples. I can't prove a negative wherein I show you NOT doing something, I'm just going based on my impression.

Again if you can show me an example of you, as town, shitposting it up with the rest of a shitposting thread, I will unvote. I'm willing to be wrong here, but I don't think I am.

I do agree though that I don't know that any of this will lead to a lynch for either of us but I am very interested in people giving opinions on this argument. It is actual content, time to weigh in shitposters.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Is Asiina being stubborn or scummy?

Like, KB is asking her to back up her claims with literally anything at all, and she refuses.

Like, if Asiina is actually scum I can see her going after KB because he is a strong town player.

Like, if it were me I'd say "That was my perception at the time, but KB is clearly putting effort/thought into this exchange and asking for opinions, which is in line with his normal town play."

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I dunno, I kind of have the same feeling Asiina does w/r/t KB, but it's in the context of very few games with him. I feel KB is a strong town player and makes good lengthy cases as town but I'm not sure I'd say that a few jokes during D1 makes him scum. It's worth watching, though.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I need to kill myself IRL real quick for starting three consecutive lines with "Like"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I actually agree with Bif.

!

holy poo poo, Inf's on to something

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

!

not a fan of this post

*looks at other posts by Bif*

holey moley!!!!!!!! :popeye:

##vote Bifauxnen

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

!

i lied

i just wanted to seem agreeable :smith:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

i lied

Stickers why must you always be so scummy?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I got big plans, man

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
but I do seriously agree with bif. that feels like a town on town slapfight.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Scum plans

i lied

Scum post

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Infinitum posted: