Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

Appreciated.

Chaos, do you agree that this is accurate?

Can't speak to the N3/D4 stuff because I didn't end up reading the thread like I wanted to tonight (family stuff blah blah, will read in AM before I go to work), but the D1-D3 stuff looks accurate. Most of the bewilderment from D3 came from me trying to gambit to out a scum that didn't work.

BK is the survivor claim if no one else pointed that out. He is who I wanted to shoot but that didn't work out apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

People I would vote today:

BK - I said I was going to vig him. As a "3p survivor" his death gets scum one step closer to winning. While it's possible I was roleblocked, to me the flavor reads more like he was kept safe. I know that is setup speccing the mod and WIFOMing scum but it was pretty clear I was going to shoot BK and not gambit again. Therefore the only reason to protect him is that he is scum, IMO.

Kashuno - Jailed BK. Says he couldn't use the other part because someone was already targeting him. If Cpig gave priority to the other jail though shouldn't Kash's have failed? I don't understand "you successfully jailed a jailed player", but again that is modding the mod. Still don't like it. But if true, all the same the fact that someone who isn't claiming jailed bk and did not follow up with the kill points to BK being scum.

AR - successfully targeted pera who hid behind stickup who died. Claimed a random role. I like this the least but it's still on my list.

Ok off to work

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote bottleknight that was supposed to be in that post too

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Is there a class we dont know what it does yet? Having hit 5 at red mage I might as well check something else out.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Cool, so I guess it would be warrior, knight, dragoon, dark night, and evoker.

Any consensus from those around?

Also I think I will be voting A in the event

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

A

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm willing to check the dragoon out if nothing fun sounding opens up with the events

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

:siren: I just asked CPig if I could get 2 job changes in one day cause I had one day where I hadn't changed, and he said yeah whatever, he wasn't gonna limit them at all so long as I had points! :siren:

:lol:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I put in for dragoon so lets not hammer too early in case cpig gets back to me and it is worth others switching to as well.

Gonna read the event now

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

C

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bifauxnen posted:

Ninja - very strong attackers in game, who can throw swords and shurikens and stuff. No idea how this will translate to Mafia.

I mean, I can think of one way...

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Dragoon level 1 is a delayed vig called Leap. 1 shot. Didn't use it because I don't have a particularly strong scum read and being wrong on that would probably lose the game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I mean, I've seen scum shoot scum before (somber did it in my first game as a power role iirc and it blew my mind), but yeah, at this point in the game with as many vigs still apparently going around as there are I think it would be an insane gambit for Mithross to be scum and to shoot a scumbud.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

Hey chaos when you get a minute just to confirm your ability is a one-shot nothing happens that night? And you used it n2? Does it have a name or whatever

I don't think I ever specified a shot count to it? Maybe I did I don't remember :iiam:

It's called Capacity Storm. Used it N2.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hi everyone

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

sure B

Ok now that I got my one turn in at T/D (:rip:) I will go back and read

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Wait why did Tobbs vote disappear?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

Did it disappear? Or was it never there?

Sometimes votefinder is slow to update.

Kashuno (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Looks like it unvoted for him. Probably just a VF error now that I think about it. Just got paranoid over it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote AR

Would switch to Kash to avoid NL but we're under an hour so time to put em up

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

I would vote either, the case against them is basically the same. AR has been a little more open about it, I guess.

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at.

I am not going to vote for you, pera, or KB. Grandicap, I'll be honest, I haven't really read them and I'm :effort: about it because I feed off of other people's energy in games and everyone else is kind of just drifting towards the finish so thats where I am, too.

Ever since that D1 claim I have Tobbs as suspicious in the back of my head but it is pretty clear no one else is bard and so alerting the rest of the game to "level 5 bard is broken op" just seems a sub optimal play as a scum when you could keep that in your back pocket and strike at any time once it hits LYLO. So he's probably not scum (or is just not playing optimally? IDK)

So that leaves AR and Kash and my gut feels AR moreso than Kash, especially when stickup ended up dead on a night when AR targeted them thru trying to hit pera.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

Pera I'm pretty sure is town

Me too :v:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Off the top of my head my preferred lynch order is probably Kash Grandi Tobbs Mith, but I need to read KB tonight and see what he was thinkin

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Grandi, CL, Mithross voting order

Tobbs where?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grandicap posted:

I turned tobbs into a toad last night. (It was a jail)

Welp, looks like I'm voting Kash then

Potential LYLO situation so not gonna put my vote down yet because I want to do some more thinking but I still seriously doubt that Mithross is scum so with you and Tobbs both being accounted for now that only leaves Kash.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am traveling home and so far have convinced my wife to drive so I'm here now but that could change at any time. I'll be putting my vote in at kickoff because I can't guarantee participation after that.

I still want to vote Kash.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

##vote grandi all these "would vote but not yet" should be a red flag to people that I'm town

I'm the only one making those posts and for it to be a red flag that you are town it would require me to be scum but you're not voting me?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

But to lay out my logic for Kash:

Tobbs was jailed by Grandicap.
There is an unclaimed Town death.
I did not act last night.
Either Kash or Mith must be responsible for it.
I think Kash is responsible.

Alternative solution I suppose is a grandi + Tobbs scum team backing each other up

Kash why aren't you putting Tobbs in your lunch order list especially with

Kashuno posted:

I think tobbs and kb are weird bussing scum

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ahhhh eff me KB could have done the kill I'm dumb as hell

Kash I still want to know why Tobbs disappeared from your list after you thought he and KB were bussing scum though

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Lv3 dragoon is a second shot of leap fwiw

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Also tobbs also made "will vote kash" no vote type posting

Why would a town Tobbs holding that opinion be a red flag?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Deadline got pushed :toot:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh god it's up to me :ohdear:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

I would switch to Kash if you vote him. Or stick with grandi if you want to vote him.

I do not want to NL

I am leaning Kash but unsure what I want to do. You're definitely town so if you think it's grandi I need to consider that. I messaged Cpig on discord for a CP count. I'll give him a few minutes before I make up my mind for sure.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mith, I still want to vote kash, but if you come back and say you're sure it's grandi I will vote with you. I have been travelling a lot during this game so my reads are not likely as good as yours

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

Reading back over this, you left out the possibility that KB killed someone as he died. We also have an unclaimed scum death, which wasn't me if that's what people were assuming. Considering pera started homing in on KB pretty hard yesterday, I think it's possible they killed each other.

I didn't make an offensive move last night. Tobbs claimed to have been jailed, which grandi backs up. You claim no action.

Kash never actually claimed at all.

I'm close enough to split on my opinion I'm willing to switch to Kash if you think it's the better vote.

Yeah I realized the KB thing later and pointed that out. I still think Kash is the way to go. I just feel like he has been inconsistent with his opinions. His vote for BK seemed very forced and then his "Look at all these folks saying they would vote me but arent, that's bad" when it came from his top town read in tobbs and me who he was eh on. Seems like just saying words to say words.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gonna submit my job change real quick

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok, stupid hotel internet

##vote kash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord