Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yes yes yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Too many votes on pera already. Bet some of those voting her are scum

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Aren't we at starting levels though? Also what the heck does c mean? Never played a FF game

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Fine I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon. You guys better be right.

B

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
First of all, there are way too many posts for it being a weekend. I skimmed them but I'll read them properly later tonight or tomorrow. My show opened last night and I have another performance today.

Nextly, I wish people would like... converse about the choices before locking them in. I'm worried if we choose A that we'll get attacked and hurt before getting a chance to respond. I'm thinking B or C might be better. Of course we all know D is the real answer here, but it probably won't help us any in game.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Guys I'm really loving tired and am going to sleep. Someone tell me where to put my vote so we don't no lynch. I promise starting tmrw I'll actually be around.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I rnged and got ##vote moat. Sorry if you're town, but you're tied for vote leader and I'm sleeping now

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Bifauxnen posted:

note to self: come back to this to check out AN if Moat flips town. Helping to swing the vote in Moat's direction to build momentum at a time when they were tied, while disclaiming responsibility cause it was "rng"

I'm sure everyone would be bitching if I wasn't voting anyone at deadline so I just picked one of the vote leaders. I honestly don't have an opinion because, like I said, I've had an insane weekend and I'm exhausted and didn't get to properly read the thread. But tell yourself whatever you want.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Wow that's a lot of dead people for night 1.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sara this is what's called setup spec and is mostly useless and is just a good way for scum to look like they're posting content and aren't really doing much. Also I agree with stickup that one scum taking credit for another scums kill makes very little sense.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yeah guys cpig probably won't be following the game exactly or it would be pointless to even have these events. I think c would be fun.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

this is a stickup posted:

I guess cpig likes me best cause he proactively sent me a pm at like midnight telling me I was level 3

:same:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Mr. F! posted:

Im having a hard time engaging with this thread, could each of you guys give me some "homework" and tell me a person that you'd like for me to read their post history and give my thoughts on? That'd be great.

I always have a hard time re-entering a conversation when I missed time out. I make a lot of my calls from the context and nuance of different situations as they occur.

I'm going to limit this to four people for the time being, and maybe more depending on how much time i have tonight.

moat, IS, stickup, um...who else were vote leaders yesterday?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
my scumdar is leaning towards bif for one bc of posts like this

hedgy:

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah I wouldn't be mad about choosing stickup since that was pretty suss with him actually backing up something I said and all. I like to joke about anyone agreeing with me being scummy, but it often does turn out that when I didn't take it seriously, they were scum.

HOWEVER

I think Tobbs's particular case for stickup is even more scummy! The whole thing read as an obvious joke to me, especially since it was clarified right after. Like why would a scum even go there?

...then again, scum could probably come up with a more subtle and insidious case than some poo poo like: "look, Stickup said he agreed, then said he lied, then said no wait he was serious all along, and jokes do not exist so CONTRADICTION SPOTTED!"

gently caress it I'm gonna just leave my vote on BK for now

well not everything :mad:

setup spec:

Bifauxnen posted:

One thing I was confused about - if the Red Mage level 1 "power" is just having reduced cost to switch out of the job, how are you supposed to gain more proficiency in Red Maging except by constantly switching in and out of it at the slow rate of 1 change per day? But then I just answered my own question while I was trying to look up what CPig said:

Now what I'm still confused about is how CPig will deal with spells in his system. In the game, you didn't learn spells by levelling up in a job. The job just determined which spells you were allowed to use at the time. You learned spells by finding spellbook items or buying them from a shop, not from leveling up in a job. But there's no gold in this game apparently, just CP. So how do we learn the spells? Is it by leveling up in the jobs after all?

Like a Black Mage could use all black magic eventually, while a Red Mage could only use the more basic spells in both white and black magic. But according to Asiina, a Red Mage doesn't have the ability to do jack poo poo at level 1. (not even attack?) This sounds pretty drat weird. Unless all jobs start with jack poo poo and you need to level up a bit to do stuff with them, so we don't have pure role madness right out the gate.

Anyway, this exercise has got me thinking that Asiina has a bit of a point that revealing some mechanics could be helpful, so town can get a better understanding of how this poo poo works. But if we're locked in to only 1 change per day, and it's probably too late for most people now anyway, I don't see any point to it right now. It could at least wait till D2 so scum wouldn't have any idea of who's better to target tonight. Then tomorrow, just a few people who feel safe doing so could confirm some details in the morning, before people make their choices for D2 of whether they wanna switch jobs or not.

Also, anyone right about to be lynched could obviously just fullclaim whatever they know on the way out.

misrepresenting my post/actions:

Bifauxnen posted:

note to self: come back to this to check out AN if Moat flips town. Helping to swing the vote in Moat's direction to build momentum at a time when they were tied, while disclaiming responsibility cause it was "rng"

this is her 4th vote on someone different within 24 hours:

Bifauxnen posted:

I really like that case

a lot

##vote IllegallySober

the fact that he cannot at least appreciate its pure artistry makes his reaction all the more scummy

also there's still been a lot more vote jumping even since then. would vote bif.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Saying I was trying to build momentum on moat

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I don't like kash claiming to have leveled up but not getting a PM about it, but then again I've been a mod and forgot to send some PMs out. I'll have to reread the rest of kashs posts.

I also agree with this (about stickup tunneling tobbs all day):

IllegallySober posted:

*gets a vig and...kills Infinitum*

PS KB and Bif have very similar avatars and its throwing me off. Even IS's is fairly close. It's all the black and red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
btw guys i'm sorry. i am super irl depressed so i asked for a replacement.

• Locked thread