Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

quote:

In this incarnation, I am eliminating Equipment and HP and bringing things more in line with a traditional mafia game.

quote:

Scum do not get a kill,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't read the rules and I'm not going to FYI

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Request to be scum so I can rely on others

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Missed 100 posts not reAding them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
INF gently caress YOU SCUM

##vote Inf

get hosed bitchlord rear end bitch gently caress

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What's jerkcity

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
JEez I missed the first encounter?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The most straightforward way of defeating this boss is by using the SouthWinds obtainable in this cave, but it can also be defeated with simple attacks, since it's only a strong foe to parties at starting levels.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hmmmm B

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ayyy

##vote bif

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

imo, give this a full game day

defending scumbro right here

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
IM scum with pera and asiina and they are very rude in the scum doc

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This game I am gonna role play as

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I already called the scum team idiots

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Real talk come Monday I'll actually read this

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Real talk you're dumb and I hate you

ok

Infinitum posted:

Double real talk, the gently caress is going on with CYOMusical Mafia Asiina?

Scumdoc distracting you?

stfu take it to gen disc

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
don't doxx me inf wtf.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
c

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh jeez a Weekend day uhhh I'll try to read I guess

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

So for people who played this game before, how did claiming work? Should a few people claim if they've taken various jobs, so other people know what to expect? I feel like since scum have all information, then getting some of that out to the town can't hurt too much as long as not everyone does it.

I don't mind claiming what I took and what it gave me so other people can make more informed choices.

scum post.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote asiina scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Hey Kash you actually going to try this game?

yeah during the week I will be able to read it I had a really busy weekend

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm sure everyone would be bitching if I wasn't voting anyone at deadline so I just picked one of the vote leaders. I honestly don't have an opinion because, like I said, I've had an insane weekend and I'm exhausted and didn't get to properly read the thread. But tell yourself whatever you want.

this is a good post

chaoslord posted:

RE: The KB/Asiina thing, I don't get a scum read from Asiina. Her posts were "KB isnt trying", "I expect more from you", and "You don't get active in jokephase." KB replies with this, bolding mine.

This sounds damning to Asiina until you realize what KB should be saying is "your claim is now seemingly that I don't participate [in jokephase] and simultaneously I also try harder?" which is not a contradiction. It's a logical pairing. It's clear Asiina draws a distinction between "active in game" and "active in joking". KB is really stretching to make this be a contradiction imo.

Whether she has a good point, imo, is another thing, but her opinion is consistent and trying to sell it as not looks bad imo.

i already claimed the scum team but no one is willing to vote it so :shrug:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Black mage here popped asiina

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote stickup he just happens to go BLM and doesn't actually kill his biggest scum read. Eh

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

this is a stickup posted:

sure sounds like you knew exactly what black mage would get you in advance

cause I didn't

I mean I know final fantasy well enough to guess that blm would give a killing ability yeah

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

Meh im overreacting I guess

Tbh I don't have the time or energy to go reread stick but I trusted both tobbs and moat to remember who was casing them but apparently not!

##unvote for now until tomorrow AM when I can reread

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I'm a 3P Survivor. I had a chance to become light-aligned if I found Desch during the night, but Desch is dead. Just letting everyone know.

When I still had a chance to become good I didn't want to claim, but now that I have no chance, I figure it would be best to just come out and say it.

3P should not be suffered to live

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

neither should you if you don't make with the black mage deets

I thought I was clear I got a 1 shot vig and killed asiina, the person I said was scum over and over.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

Effort case?? :allears:

I feel like we should mass claim at this point and the game may be solveable? What are your thoughts?

This is a scum post if I have ever seen one. Like..you're legit telling me DAY 2 after FOUR TOWN DIE we should mass claim? Christ it's so bad you have me agreeing with Tobbs.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tobbs actually presents a hella good read on Moat and Bif. The only way you can judge players "based on their job choice' is to know what the jobs do ahead of time. Possible major slip. Otoh you can generally discern what your job would do just based on the job right? White mage is probably a doc. Thief probably steals CP. Black mage kills. The other 3 are a bit harder to discern tho.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That would be my guess (for those jobs).

But if you're town and you have any of those roles, is it remotely helpful to claim them, even under pressure?

No, because:

1. Scum know all the jobs and can fakeclaim anything.
2. Any role can be duplicated or lied about by anyone (except town with regard to lying).

This, pretty obviously, should be a claimless game. Everyone should pick whatever role they want, never crumb it, and only come out if they have a useful result. Otherwise scum can game solve.

Moat, and to a lesser extent Bif are advocating claims, which based on the mechanics of the game, helps scum and hurts town.

I'm just repeating myself here, but based on the setup I'm pretty sure I'm interpreting the game correctly and would very much like nobody to claim anything, ever, because there were 4 deaths and we can't afford to make any mistakes.

:agreed:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

This reads to me as fake outrage.

The "to be honest" is what sells it.

##vote IS

Nah I don't think so tbh.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think Moat is town because he is really not being careful with his words

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I do not think it is Moat.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He gave scum an easy out to towniness, which to me implies he isn't really thinking hard about what he says before he says it. That's a town move.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

I mean this is like an interesting experiment since everyone can be avig

Would town win by sheer numbers?

I wanna find out

No. Scum already know who scum are so their targets would be significantly reduced. Town would have a much higher chance of hitting town than scum, or overlapping kills. This is a bad plan.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't really see picking the black mage, killing a townie, and claiming it as the towniest of deeds.

Really, all scum has to do is kill someone and have a reasonable reason for it. If so, they can claim it freely as a town vig that just happened to hit the wrong, but scummy, target.

I didn't really read Asiina and Infinitum as being very scummy. Like, the top scumspects for D1 were obviously Moat and IS. We had information on who was voting them, and their flips would have given us information.

But nobody killed the previous day's vote leaders after a no-lynch, so we have zero information.

How, exactly, is that pro-town? I've seen stickup (as town), for example, murder a player with a daykill because we were about to no-lynch. And now, on N1, he picks neither a vote leader nor the person he himself was voting for and kills them.

Yes, you can justify your vigs as hitting a player you say you thought was scummy, but all the kills were zero-info kills.

Also, you both claimed vig right away (and someone has apparently been roleblocked). Why claim before we had more information? Now if you are town, you're almost certainly going to be blocked N2.

the fact that no one killed the lynch leaders is telling, fyi. Lack of a d1 lynch and lack of supposed town vigs not killing the lynch leaders leads me to believe that 2-3 of the vigs were used by scum. I realize that puts me under heavy suspicion, but I will freely admit I didn't have a chance to read much of d1 and shot who I personally thought was scum. I'll have to go reread, but if there are vigs that spoke a lot during d1 but didn't vig top lynch targets, I'd make a strong case for them being scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I also strongly believe a lynch leader was scum. At least one of them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
where is the "leave because Desch is dead" option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
B seems cool and hilarious. A is probably the best one though.

• Locked thread