Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

I am every bit as fascinated by this wild and crazy game idea and closing my eyes and pretending it isn't mafia so that I'm going to let myself play it this month anyway (and hereby promise not to replace out barring Actual Legitimate Emergency) as I am by playing a game you mod, cpig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

CapitalistPig posted:

A young orphan named Luneth investigates, but as he approaches, a hole opens in the earth and swallows him...

hot

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

so what kinds of fantasies are we talking here eh heh heh heh

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

okay I'm gonna recount my liveblog reaction for you

BottleKnight posted:

Sara is scum, I'm a first post detective. ##vote peramene

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's final fantasy so maybe starring in a snuff film?

HOT

jon joe posted:

Kant argue with that logic:

If everyone voted peramene, she'd be turbo'd.

##vote peramene

It's our categorical imperative.

god loving drat it jon joe this is a quality loving post jesus christ i really wanna play but i also half want to vote myself as a joke just to loving play along with your post omg

chaoslord posted:

Hmmmmm....

Lynch all liars ##vote bottleknight

thanks for backing me up, but he's just teasing. I am Light-aligned, friends, I promise. I don't quite understand how to get crystals or whatever but I'm gonna figure it the gently caress out and we are going to win

or lynch me as a joke because this fucker cracked wise AND FRANKLY, THAT WOULD TEACH YOU HOW THE CATEGORICAL IMPERATIVE IS TRASH

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

realtalk, bk could probably be scum and super disappointed we're not scum together - which would be a blast - so he knows he can play on my rep and how fun I am to bs with to possibly score a serious d1 on me.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

yeah most of my focus is on truth or dare i am sorry

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

BottleKnight posted:

the wildcats

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Too many votes on pera already. Bet some of those voting her are scum

Can we just take a moment to appreciate that the bounties of 2017 have already included my wife becoming a goon and this post right here.

Bifauxnen posted:

Was paramene previously known as a different name?

Hi, I'm peramene aka Sara. I'm an assertive and mediocre "mafia community" member now playing in what technically counts as my fifth game. I'm quiet-ish, obnoxious, and thanks to my avatar will have difficulty both not laughing every time I post but also being taken seriously. Which is good, because you should never take a goon seriously, but especially not a Mafia goon, and especially not the two-time 2nd runner-up (aka "first loser") in consecutive forum reality games. The avatar was, uh, earned? as a penalty for ripping out my opponents' hearts in a particularly strange challenge, and artistically speaking is the fantastic work of forums user Allen Wren, who attempted to reach deep into the weird internet and make me a "hosed up" avatar and as he gathered his purchases while he was down there, he happened to walk by my house. I hope this stupid metaphor isn't too obtuse, it's 530am and I'd rather not be awake, but I am stuck this way for the next few minutes and why the hell not introduce myself since I have a minute.

Some have described me as having a "terrifying social game," others have recently called me a "manipulative shithead." Both are fair and true.

I can say with 80% confidence that BK just wanted to have a little laugh at my expense and it got a little outta hand. But it's a big drat game with all kinds of crazy poo poo going on. We should all buckle up though because CPig has one philosophy in life: "If nobody died, then you could handle it."

Kashuno, if you even read this post, hey buddy, but also you owe us a loving painting. How's that for justification for a D1 lynch? Also mostly kidding.

Does this count as a D1 effortpost or am I just trapped in a late morning twilight zone???

No, I'm peramene aka Sara. I'm technically new but I've gained a little bit of notoriety. Hi. BK probably joking, nbd.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Infinitum posted:

Hi I'm Infinitum, and I'm a piece of sarcastic poo poo who never wants joke phase to end.

Can confirm this claim is 100% true

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

The longsword was in this cave which means it should be balanced for the encounters in the cave (in theory.) Unless poor Luneth has failed to find enough armor or whatever, we should be fine? But even then, we do have an unspecified number of potions. Can't shake the feeling that will cost us rewards in exchange for the cost of new potions, but we'll just have to see. Makes sense to save the magical items for a boss or something.

B

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

GulagDolls posted:

asiina's still not back

abandoned game as scum again

imo, give this a full game day

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Kashuno posted:

This game I am gonna role play as

Would you try not to spoil? It seems weird, sports and mostly boys?? But the right people are all digging it and idk, flip flappers was excellent (was that you that gave me the rec?) maybe I can watch things

I'm not a big fan of meta reads, but in defense of claims of "pera prodded Asiina" I can confirm, as can Gulag, that we were both up very late playing a drat good game together that had nothing at all to do with this one.

My oog fondness for many of you is apparent, but I would never - despite lengthy conversations on multiple other topics - "prod Asiina" as that would be oog communication about the game, yeah? The urge didn't even strike me, which frankly is odd, given my many urges. Anyway,

The Asiina bailing thing is real. Or at least she wants you to think it's real. But just being late to D1 isn't the same thing.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

I wish we had a straight up ladies' alliance scum team that would be the best day of my life.

Then again, I suppose I can only say that I'm not on such an amazing scum team, which would be such a drat shame.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

I honestly do not understand these day one circlejerks. Every single thread everybody's tossing poo poo around and I mean I've seen it grab scum day 1 okay cool but it seems like a LOT of work to bounce around all over the place and make hundreds of posts and then eventually nobody gets loving anywhere

which is exactly what I would want the thread to be constantly if I were scum

so

see ya'll for the next encounter

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

I am happy to discover that the option I would've voted for not only ended up winning, but that my oversleeping way in PST robbed me of a chance to weigh in.

A was obviously the right choice... but that 5 CP to the Dark-Aligned players suggests perhaps they achieved... something.

I would like to formally request that nobody use tha drat walkthrough again, as CPig will punish your hubris greatly. Speaking from experience. Secondarily, it is also a well known fact that none of you read the loving rules. So. Let's be real.

Light players have only 20 CP and the rest of the day to become... wow, literally any of the jobs save the hidden one. Nice.

Also?

IllegallySober posted:

Nah, cause according to the walk through you posted Princess Sara also joins our party in this cave. I bet if we blindly attack, we're gonna accidentally stab her instead.

lol

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

I don't like this Mafia Dad term like, why build more barriers.

No reads, nothing helpful. Class set. Nnnnot sure we necessarily want to lynch someone? They don't have a night kill, so...

I mean, poo poo'll get crazy but theoretically just raw statistics what if you're wrong? Scum got 5 points to spend today and that's it (assuming they didn't get more somehow) which puts them at a disadvantage. Each individual town player is an asset and a mislynch hurts us.

This argument might seem super scummy but the way I see it, knowing that town has no clue to target and scum can coordinate, they have an advantage in trying to convince us to kill just the player we might end up wanting because of some abilities. Yeah, it'd be fantastic to win the bet and nail scum and I know ya'll are gonna blast on and on regardless but I'm reading every drat word and none of your flopping around makes sense to me

I think I'm maybe really messed up atm and loving what do I know but losing a town player sucks more when we are all getting progressively more powerful (scum is too) it seems to me that a NL rather than being the end of the wood would be a good thing.

I'll be the first to cop that this argument is scummy, I've locked my job in, I think it's a good choice.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

What the gently caress

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

How the gently caress did that even, is this normal for FF mafia? I thought we were relatively safe at least for a bit gently caress

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Four of our own have fallen, and assuming all stated true, it suggests a maximum of two scum went black mage.

We have Kashuno claiming to have killed Asiina. If scum, good job. If town, you hosed up buddy. And owe us a painting.

We also have stickup claiming to have killed Infinitum in what is either a clever fake slap fight concluded in his favor by force, or a loving dumb move.

Other things to consider: death reports may not be 100% reliable, but let's look at the spread:

MMT: White Mage. RIP bestie
Gulagdolls: Monk
Asiina: Red Mage kashuno
Infinitum: Red Mage stickup

Now if I remember my ancient 8-bit Theater, White mage is obvious, red mage is... variable? Lots of different things? I'm not sure about monk. Ki? Punching things? And you say there's more jobs coming?? Sheesh.

Assuming that Kash and stickup were both above board and just made bad calls. (Happens to the best of us.) If you were a town BM, and you hosed up, it'd help to come forward I think.

If we don't get confessions, we can at least make an assumption that scum targeted an unclaimed victim and assess.

Obvious counterpoint: but pera, you could have rolled BM, shot your bestie because lol ultimate betrays, and now have the perfect way to leave a hole and make this argument and gently caress with town.

I did not roll BM. The job I took did not have a killing ability of any kind.

If anybody can prove this, that'd be nice of you. "But what if?" then okay, there's your case against me if nobody fesses up to one or both murders. As much as I love MMT my fondness for Gulag has also become known. Asiina as well. Even Infinitum and I, he may stomp his feet and shout, but I respect the man. Knows who he is deep down inside. I like that. That we have even have two town that blew their loads N1 I can hardly believe.

I don't know. Moat? IS? It'd be nice to hear from you, obviously. Y'know, when you have time to post.

Any scum that didn't and can afford to are probably gonna take advantage of the 1off NK and it's gonna gently caress us.

Kash and stickup, why claim responsibility so quickly? Just wanna hear your reasoning mostly. Sucks to waste a one-shot on a townie. But you coming out straight up and saying it makes you look good and "reveals" your class. If either of you are lying, you're taking credit for kills to attract attention to yourselves and away from the actual killers?? Maybe??

This has been another massive word vomit post from Sara. Peace for tonight.

Personal Addendum: Bet you laughed your rear end off when you got your role pm, MMT. Bet you've been so excited to tell me. Sorry I found out this way. My flavor isn't anywhere near as fun.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

I didn't realize we'd be advancing in level so quickly! Regardless.

For the sake of argument, let's assume "you're" scum, alright? You and buddy2 know that you can switch to the right roles and get kills, but you also know people who get kills are going to draw suspicion.

So, you were already being targeted (tunneled?) - maybe you're doomed today anyway. Say you killed Asiina. Really buddy2 did. But if you manage to survive today, not only do you now realize you have a second kill - something a scum stickup would know in advance and something a town stickup would not know in advance, theoretically scum could cycle through jobs with kills and slaughter a bigass chunk of town. Buddy2 lurks just well enough or remains in just the right light to not be identified and lynched. Scum could theoretically identify a path of least resistance where for the cheapest CP possible, they swap roles effectively enough to take advantage of all possible ways to kill town as quickly as possible.

With a setup like what you're telling me BMs have - and I have no reason to doubt you, scum knowing how to get the most kills as quickly as possible is the whole loving game. Unless we have some kind of protection mechanic I haven't found out about anyway.

Or somehow we can revive a bitch. Who knows. CPig crazy.

The balance between scum knowing what job we are and what those abilities are makes claiming very dangerous? I think?

What do I know, somebody more experienced and not have an awful night loving figure this out

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Sara this is what's called setup spec and is mostly useless and is just a good way for scum to look like they're posting content and aren't really doing much. Also I agree with stickup that one scum taking credit for another scums kill makes very little sense.

Thank you for the help as always, you are the best. I thought I had some big genius town read and could lead us to victory. I'll just... get out of the way until the professionals offer more reasonable somethings.

Really don't like BK's claim but survivors are always weird to me. OK goodnight everybody

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

I dunno guys, option D seems pretty hot. Like, I don't know about ya'll but...

On second thought, let's come to a consensus about exactly how much cpig is loving with us (always assume maximum X) and punishing us for using the walkthrough (you fools) and then decide together rather than empty voting?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

this is a stickup posted:

what is your goal here? do you want me to kill you tonight to make up for it?

Hot.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

AR probably misunderstood the rules for getting jobs exactly the same way I did. He was trying to save up and didn't realize that was a bad call. I expected my job to be expensive and then it wasn't. We'll be unlocking even more jobs.

Incidentally, level 3 folks, it's more expensive for y'all to say, switch jobs.

AR assuming you're being upfront and I frankly believe that you didn't pick one, because I was seconds from making the same call, make sure to get a job today.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Vote Kash for not keeping a tidy inbox and then blaming our glorious mod sent from heaven to make us suffer for our very many sins

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKCU5ll3D0

A

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Kashuno, you card you

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Kashuno posted:

pera who scum

real talk why even post if you're scum at this point? we're not gonna just start lynching lurkers, they're gonna swap jobs to kill us and loving I ain't got a clue how to stop it

like sometimes kash I feel like I can tell somebody is scum from their posts
or sometimes I know them really well and I just know this is them playin' me
one of the things I sometimes look for is people who post a lot or people who post nothing at all
or things that are different than normal even???

pictured: peramene and kashuno

like literally how the gently caress does town survive in this setup?? how do we even know?? survive long enough to get rezzes?? survive long enough to get, idk, the ability to make phoenix downs??

I think... maybe I agree with Tobbs? This whole goddamn game is bashi-bazouks.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

"Worst case" for me is that Kash and stickup are scum (idk and doubt it, I feel like Kash is working pretty hard - that doesn't necessarily mean good or bad things but y'know) and have just begun to see if I'll do anything under pressure, so yeah, let's do something under pressure.

Last night I stole 5 CP from IllegallySober (my #1 scum pick) and as far as I can tell he hasn't said a word about it. Refunded my switch to Thief. That he expressed discontent with the setup but not with losing CP - this is their one disadvantage, right? They don't get as much CP as we do. So while I have... poo poo, I'll check.

I will do my best to provide something meaningful / useful since this is the only meaningful thought I have. I don't think this is enough to lynch me over, but if you disagree, throw the vote down. I do not think Kashuno is scum just because he is voting me however, he is often critical of my posting in these games because I try to say as much as I can but it usually isn't worth very much to town. And I've been town every game so far. It's gonna be super obvious when I finally roll scum because I'm gonna be SUPER strategic all of a sudden and finally look like I know what I'm doing. Instead this is all I can think to do:

CP Balances:

E1|E2=T
Town: 10 | 10 = 20
Scum: 10 | 5 = 15
Town-AR: 10 | 10 = 20
Scum-AR: 10 | 5 = 15

This gives everyone, even scum, enough CP to grab a job in the day and spend 10 CP on their ability on their ability in the night. Unless I'm mistaken, there is no benefit to delaying spending CP - yet? - so... assuming everybody else did, that's -15 from everybody.

D2|E1|E2=T
Town: 5 | 10 | 10 | 25
Scum: 0 | 10 | 5 | 15
Town- AR (allegedly): 20 | 10 | 10 | 40
Scum-AR (allegedly): 15 | 10 | 5 | 30

If everybody got a job (except AR) and used their ability, everybody but AR is Level 3 in that job before they switch jobs (which they may already have.) I'm not great at math so maybe this is just another "pera states the obvious" bullshit post, but since we don't have any town confessions I think it's safe now to go ahead and presume we have 2NKs from ScumBMs -- perhaps more, though.

There's a fundamental piece of this I'm missing, and its critical. Level 3 Scum can't afford to take the new jobs;

CapitalistPig posted:

The Base Capacity points you must spend to change jobs will be increased by your skill level at your current Job for example, if you are a Skill Level 4 Warrior and you change to a Knight, it will Cost 14 points total because you are a Skill level 4 Warrior and it is a Fire Crystal job.

If they want to change jobs away from their level 1 jobs, they can do so, but it will leave them with only 2 CP for the night. They can't afford any abilities tonight. They can use their new level 3 abilities instead, at the same cost of 15 CP, and get to level 5. Who knows how CP advancement works, but there's two things I think the above information demonstrates.

There is at least one person for whom the above information is wrong, based on their posts.

And then there's also AR. If AR is scum this is a VERY good lie - because at 40 points he can do a lot tonight while the rest of the team rests. Maybe head for an AOE disable or something?? I don't know. If he's town, loving AR get your rear end into the job system. As a result of not taking a job D1, I think AR is worth a very, very close look. I know he hasn't posted much, and I know he's been busy, and we both have D&D tonight even so I know he won't be posting much more realtime tonight. But pooling points may not be such a bad idea if you, say, can coordinate who does the pooling. If AR knows its even remotely possible to, say, have a job that can tell how much CP a given player has, and he got unlucky, being honest about that saves him from having to deal with "AAAAHA" from that bad luck. It'd be a hell of a play.

There's something nagging at me about this kind of thinking and what could be wrong with it. So, idk kashuno, here's my best effort at an effort post. I'm gonna take a look at AR and then see if I can figure out what happened with the person or people who the above is obviously not correct for,

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Yyyyyyyyeah there's nothing helpful in AR's posting history. Inactive town vs. potential scum? Not taking a job is either loving up the rules (and I remind everybody I almost didn't take a new job) but if pooling points can at all benefit scum working in coordination to be constantly pressuring town from, say, 2 active attackers and 2 active poolers? They stay mostly quiet, make a fake case or two if somebody (say, like me) makes posts that people hate and so they can get a lynch too or whatever.

I have no idea. And if deadline is really tonight, real talk, AR and I are both going to vanish in about eight minutes. Somebody good with numbers run worst case scenarios.

All that being said, whether it was a mistake or not, pooling cannot possibly help town, since it is in our active disinterest to share information and collaborate our moves; meanwhile scum has all the intel they need to coordinate the gently caress out of theirs. And maybe our two Town BMs just... helped 'em along.

I can't make sense one way or the other out of the arguments being made, but I can say that inactive town is bad? But inactive town intentionally pooling points is, theoretically, very important to the scumplan.

Either I'm way the gently caress off base or I've loving got it. Scum: IS?????? For not bitching about me taking his points?? AR for the above.

##vote Absurd Revolver

Sorry buddy. You know I love you. But at this point you should either have replaced out or I think I've got you.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Using the ability from your current job doesn't cost CP, right?

If this is true, disregard loving everything I just said. Good lord. Doublechecking.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Confirming: went for the information way too quick and blew basic loving reading comprehension.

## unvote

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Using the ability from your current job doesn't cost CP, right?

Bifauxnen posted:

[We] have to spend 15 CP to use their level 3 powers if [we] switched out of [our] job[s]?

Absurd Revolver posted:

i actually did take a job, just now

atta boy get on in there

I don't see how you used an ability and didn't realize it cost you 0 CP while you're attacking AR for not paying close enough attention to how CP works in the same breath

I don't see an active balance or anything. I just assumed it cost 10 and then I got 5 back from somebody else's stack. Seemed weird but seemed balanced.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

pera how much hp do you have

I'm an old woman so I doubt I have very much.

Kashuno posted:

Pera doesn't about CP costs for abilities but used hers last night? Yeah scum

I'm off to d&d - roll on me if you want! Ignore my case on AR. We have tons of CP, pooling might be a strat for later but not now. AR is town or brilliant. (I now believe both are true anyway.)

I had it on my notes that it cost 10 and I "spent" it thinking it was really spend 5 to take 5 away from somebody. I hit IS. I have no idea how much I have now. 5 more than other LA players?? I guess?

IllegallySober posted:

I'm here for about another half an hour. Did not remember deadline was tonight either.

I'll verify this is true, but two things:

1) What do you mean "refunded your switch to Thief?" I was under the impression we could only pick one job per game day. You had something else D1 and then switched to Thief the same day?

2) Why would you claim your job?

1) It cost me 5 CP to become a Thief, and then I stole 5 CP from IS. "Switch to Thief" from Freelancer. Sorry for mucking up the details.

2) loving man I gotta be straight with you I don't know what the gently caress I'm doing I'm just trying to play some mafia and make some big plays and win for once and god drat it I can neither read nor do math it's loving embarrassing. I didn't even realize I'd said I stole from you earlier in the post and then later I'm all shady with it like "at least one person."

Regardless, either IS and I are both scum, or I'm confirmed... no, no I'm not, am I? gently caress this game is weird. GOODNIGHT EVERYBODY I'll try to be back by deadline to hop on whatever bandwagon develops.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

For the record Asiina said it D1 (I think I meant to but forgot to - loving Xanax): no lynching is not necessarily bad if we don't have confidence in our target.

I guess we get a bit of info? But who wasn't at least a little totes for voat mote? I was initially quite delighted to see ya'll had pulled it off without... well, isn't that an interesting list.

Maybe I don't understand the push for always at least getting somebody, but it seems like yesterday just ended up allowing scum to get a kill in despite (likely some amount of foreknowledge?) last night. Nobody Mafia Dad me, I'll get it eventually.

Good morning. I'll be out for a bit, but I'm gonna reread and "case"(?) my fellow novoters.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

BK is not likely to be much more available over the weekend and claimed 3P (Survivor?), so if no better case is made...

Unless you think I'm scum for realsies, Kash! Reasonable with the poo poo quality of my work, I will be the first to admit: faking misunderstanding mechanics would be a good lie. But I'll still flip town. You fixating on me, even if it's just out of frustration, even jokingly, though does feel like "town Kash" to me? Or maybe just Kash.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Confirming.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Kashuno posted:

Scum post right here. It's an easy push for BK and doesn't have any reads in it at all Aaaaaaa pera you're cool but you're also scum

Since when does Kash think I'm anything but annoying? It's funny because you vote up there and say I'm scum down here but omg "aaaaaa pera you're cool but" is the scummiest thing I've ever seen you post dude you even lowercased my p who ARE you?

We cool though fyi but if you're town and wrong they'll turn on you next and since I think that to be the case ("yeah, yeah") I must obviously dissuade this line of thinking.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

I'm laughing because, right, it's suspicious as hell to actually try to accuse Kash the second he says vote me, but holy poo poo Kash if you're scum you just hosed up and I'm about to go into this therapy appointment laughing my rear end off at the possibility. Like, honestly? You're so cool? Nobody thinks that but especially not you.

If I'm wrong though dude I'm sorry I have that impression. I remember the Hugbox days. They were good days.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Aight seriously though, back in like, an hour or two.

"You're so cool." I just can't. If that's really the scumslip that does you in buddy, good hustle Kash & gg. Looks like I have another case to make later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

Just peramene.

Kashuno posted:

I meant you're cool irl. I attack you in a lot of games but I can't help it when you look lovely to meee

Oh, I know what you meant. <3

• Locked thread