Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am a replacement, I have not read the game at all. Hello!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

IllegallySober posted:

Welcome to ALL VIGS, ALL THE TIME

My job is vigless, whoever I replaced has no sense of fun or wonderment.
Who did I replace?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

The group travels to the town of Tokkul , a sense of change has come over them as if something fundamental in their story is different.

They find the town in ruins and learn that The evil Gutsco has kidnapped King Argus and enslaved his people.

As they ponder this Gutsco's men surround them and throw them into a prison inside the ancient Elder Tree.

The warriors languish in prison what do you do?

A. Wait around and see if something happens.
B. Use the Mini spell to try to find a way through the roots
C. Pretend to be sick and attack a guard when they come in to check on you.
D. Come to the realization that life is meaningless and we are all specks of dust that can never truly change anything.

Let's say, 10Pm for deadline. (Eastern)

D, absolutely D.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

I dunno, just reread him and nothing is really standing out to me. He has been more involved then the people on my existing lurking list, but seems to have dropped off recently. I don't know if I've played mafia with him before, is this different from his standard play? On re-looking at posts and skimming through some people, these are the people I'm most concerned about in the lurking category: MrF, BK, AR, AN/Grandi, in that order, but would really be nice if Grandi started posting or he'll move up.

Yesterday was my D&D night, so I haven't read anything before I subbed in. I plan on catching up over the weekend.
I am actively following along, but am pretty lost. I don't get the job system, I'm not sure what is happening with the choose your own adventure(even though the answer is definitely D), I'm sure I can figure it all out once I catch up, but right now I'm confused.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Everyone else is bolding, so I should too.

D ,Definitely D, Definately.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

jon joe posted:

what the gently caress are you really going to make me read all that poo poo

Noone is making you do anything jj. But the thought process is well laid out and follows internally. Would not vote pera today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

D

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Easy call, become a nihilist. D

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

IllegallySober posted:

Now that we are three nights in, potentially there are people who could have cleared out a job and started a new one.

What are people's thoughts on claiming? I know some of us already have and I've been tight-lipped on mine because early on I didn't think it made a lot of sense to reveal it, but I'm starting to think at this point it may be more beneficial than not.

Wait, the scum already know all of the roles, right? So by sharing role information, we are helping town be more informed. And since everyone has role(s), it shouldn't really change scum targetting. Role stuff should totally be on the table.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

Grandi, have you caught up? Thoughts on scum?

5 pages in, not caught up, reading now though.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Wait, why does tobbs know so much? I haven't gotten there yet.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The way he dropped it I assumed it was as a taste of his info, not the total of it. That makes sense.

Grandi Progress: page 9 and still reading.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mithross posted:

Geomancy can backfire, I can confirm that much, as well as the terrain choices doing what AR said. I agree with your case (I had AR on my short list yesterday, nothing has changed), but I did confirm his job info, on the off chance he was scum lying stupidly. Although I never received odds like he gave, I was just told it has a small chance to backfire.

Isn't that damning? If he has role info above and beyond with what info people who picked the job got?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hi Keane, I am a replacement too.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, GrandiStatus: Page 19

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Absurd Revolver posted:

my odd were a supposition from the info i got from cpig about the job

i figured the backfire chance was at equal odds with each individual power

I don't think that matches this

Absurd Revolver posted:

oh right

so i got to pick three terrain types which equal different abilities

every night i have 1/2 a chance to jail my target, 1/4 of a chance to turn them into a lightning rod, and 1/4 of a chance to jail/lightning rod myself

and

Absurd Revolver posted:

my action sadly failed

now I have two more shots, with bus drive, roleblock, and poison vig added to my roulette

so 2/7 Jail, 1/7 lightning rod, roleblock, poison vig, bus drive, and that last 1/7 is a backfire of any of them

this is a weird role

##vote AR still rereading, but this sticks out.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am all caught up. Hooray!

I am still happy with my job slip vote. But would vote for Bif too. Pera is mega town in my eyes. Posts display a town mindset and a internal consistency.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

D isn't a nihilist option. That makes me sad. I'm all for going to the city, it seems like how you would progress the "plot".

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Here's all the notes I have:

Wind Crystal jobs:
Warrior - ??? no one seems to have any interest in this one except Kash who hasn't actually got around to taking it yet?
Monk - 1-shot Nexus at lv 1, another 1-shot Nexus at lv 3. At lv 5 can reflect night actions against their users?!
White Mage - 1-shot doc at lv 1, another 1-shot doc at lv 3, WALL spell at lv 5 (blocks all night actions, not just kills)
Black Mage - 1-shot vig at lv 1, another 1-shot vig at lv 3, Tobbs-style jailer who can choose to kill the target at lv 5
Red Mage - no action at lv 1, 1-shot vig at lv 3, 1-shot doc at lv 5
Thief - 1-shot "yoink" steals 5 CP at lv 1, 1-shot nexus at lv 3, hide at lv 5

Fire Crystal jobs:
Ranger - 2-shot tracker at lv 1, higher levels ???
Knight - ??? no news yet
Scholar - 2-shot roleblock at lv 1, 2-shot jail at lv 3, ??? at lv 5
Geomancer - choice of 3 terrain abilities at lv 1 (effect is randomly chosen with chance to backfire on user), increasing randomness from higher amount of terrains at higher levels

Water Crystal jobs:
Dragoon - ???
Viking - berserk at lv 1 has random effect on random target (vig, roleblock, or nothing), lvl 3 random effects also include bodyguard and redirect. Lv 5 - ??? (this job sounds pretty shithouse I gotta say)
Dark Knight - ???
Evoker - ???
Bard - doublevote plus random anonymous votes at lv 1. Triplevote plus random vote destruction at lv 3. Lvl 5 - ???

Onion Knight bonus job
??? but note, in the game this job is known for having bad stats and nothing special about it at all until you reach level 90. Only then does it gain the highest stat growths in the game and become a force to be reckoned with.

drat, I wish I had read this before switching jobs today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

So, now the thread's homework assignment is to look at bif's post and see if there is any info there that hasn't been shared in thread, because that would point to him being scum. I don't remember the level 5 white mage, or red mage spell being shared. But damned if I'm gonna do that research.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

This event seems way more random than the rest. Maybe pig was annoyed at the walkthrough stuff so this event is a crapshoot?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

White and Red were both shared.

Do you have any info to share that isn't on the list?

Nope, all my stuff is covered in the list.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

why'd you already switch jobs when we'll be getting new choices after getting the earth crystal?

Because I misunderstood how job stuff worked. Once I finished catching up on the thread, and reading through other's misunderstanding and reread the OP it was too late as I had already sent pig a PM. Not that I am unhappy with what I ended up with, but it wouldn't have been such a shot in the dark.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ruins sound fun.
C

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Let's free doga, NPCs can wreck rear end.

Alternatively, lets pick D.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

also: how does D just keep getting even worse

You misspelled better.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Death is an illusion, Life is a game. Transcend it all and gaze into the void.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Doga becomes an actual boss fyi

A

So if we free him, we will have his eternal gratitude and he will never go against us?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

scumslip?!?!

Gaze into the abyss with me. It might just gaze back.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

C He made our airship be able to go underwater, he deserves to be saved.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

peramene posted:

Respectfully casting a dissenting vote for B on the grounds that CPig will almost certainly punish the whole of the light warriors for their hubris with all these walkthroughs and guides, which so far both led and misled us. Of course, my common sense approach led us just now into scum supreme territory the first time all game, so gently caress me.

But I firmly believe in democracy and one of the most important responsibilities of any voting citizen is to evaluate the evidence available and vote what they believe is best not just for themselves, but the whole of the system. To say "no" even when they call for "yes" from the hilltops if you truly believe they act in error. Reality - or in this case, CPig - will reveal the victor.

That said, my availability today may be very limited, and I need to make sure this is on the books. #vote Absurd Revolver both my personal case and "damning" evidence according to KB are earlier in this very thread. He has promised a counter-case and I'm hoping he'll deliver.

You have a single octothorpe, rather than a double, your vote doesn't count.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm still on board with AR.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't know why you think I'm playing to your sympathies pera, I don't think I've ever played with you before. I think you are looking to hard into scum motivations for job picks. Yeah, if I were on the scum team from the start I would lean heavy protective roles (set up a cross protect, especially since white mage would give you 3 solid nights of being able to keep the whole scum team up from nks while the vigs fly and knowing town's propensity to kill indiscriminately). But that didn't happen, both of our flipped scum were not protective roles when they flipped. (Mr F was a black mage and Keane was a Magus)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Good content post by pera. I have been suspicious of KB, though he did bring the heat on Mr. F! His play has been a bit sloppy and reactive, could be scum.

One thing I'm not understanding is how you are sure ANarc is scum, yet she didn't make your list?

I'm Anarc.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Playing off of KB's is this lylo question.

Assume 2 scum, they are both bards now with triple votes and they both have kills because of an old job.

They can force the lynch today with little effort if they have 6 votes between them. But is that lynch plus 2 NKs enough? There are 8 alive, so with the lynch and 2 kills that would take us to 5 alive. Which would be LYLO if this were a regular game, but because they are triple voters, in theory, it would be endgame, because they would just drop 6 votes on a person and go right to night phase. They wouldn't have any powers left, probably (because they still have to be active bards to get the triple vote, right? or is that a single use power thing).

I feel like if they did this that would play their hand too openly and they would be counter vigged or something.

I do not believe AR + pera are the scum team and this is a thing in LYLO trying to trip us up.

Even if they only had 1 bard that's 4 (triple vote plus regular scum vote) out of the 5 needed to lynch, but because of night actions, and having to overplay the hand, it would probably backfire, maybe?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Are we in full claim time? I think we're close.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't know what anarc's target was, but I subbed in as a level 3 white mage with a 1 shot doc used. I didn't really know what was up with the job system at the time so I withheld my action becoming a level 4 white mage.
I withheld my action again, because I didn't really have a good doc target, and the extra point wouldn't have helped much and became a level 5 white mage.
Yesterday I switched to scholar.
Last night I used a role block on Bif, becoming a level 3 scholar.
I am on the fence about switching jobs again.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

peramene posted:

Wouldn't Bif have been safe if you jailed her?

Role block, not jail.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh, and not like this should change anyones mind about anything, but I'm Luneth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Can we please do D?

• Locked thread