Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«46 »
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

VAG is going to have either Audi or Porsche in WEC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Roller Coast Guard posted:

If Porsche leaves then I would assume LMP2 becomes the new LMP1, maybe with a loosening of regs to up the speeds a little.

LMP1 only counts as a top tier category in the FIA because it has 2 Manufacturers in it.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

VAG is going to have either Audi or Porsche in WEC.

Porsche is in GTE.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Wonder how many more manufacturers would jump into DPi if they were also the top class at LeMans. Already have 4 builders for next year, with supposedly a 5th (Mercedes-AMG) on the cusp. I know full well that would never happen, btw. Just theorycrafting.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003

The OEM LMP1-H grid is indeed shrinking, but Porsche is committed until at least 2018 and Toyota until the following year afaik. BMW wants to enter in 2020 with stupid H2-powered cars. (Stop trying to make hydrogen a thing!)

But there are quite a few privateer (non-hybrid) LMP1 cars on the way for next year.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

drgitlin posted:

The OEM LMP1-H grid is indeed shrinking, but Porsche is committed until at least 2018 and Toyota until the following year afaik. BMW wants to enter in 2020 with stupid H2-powered cars. (Stop trying to make hydrogen a thing!)

But there are quite a few privateer (non-hybrid) LMP1 cars on the way for next year.

I was pretty confident BMW had abandoned any plan of entering LMP1 in favour of resuming GTE and entering Formula E.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The proposed new LMP1H rules look to keep things at a lower cost level and maintain stability, and there's already been positive sounds that a hypothetical new manufacturer would get concessions. So Peugeot may have less cash available but it still seems like they're rolling out the carpet to get them in.

drgitlin posted:

BMW wants to enter in 2020 with stupid H2-powered cars. (Stop trying to make hydrogen a thing!)

yeah agreed it's not the best decision moving forward.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The new LMP1H regs are just going to lead to larger budgets. F1 tried half of that poo poo already and it either didn't work at all, made teams spend more money, or (like the token system) was just idiotic. Like F1 has been restricting wind tunnel hours for years, costs have continued to rise. The silly rules about running the last km or whatever on battery power are just going to force teams to spend more on *gasp* batteries.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Feels Villeneuve posted:

When's the last time Audi ran a major program without Team Joest?

Guessing DTM and Formula E aren't "Major programs"?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Dudley posted:

Guessing DTM and Formula E aren't "Major programs"?

Formula E is probably run by Abt and, as far as I can tell, Abt effectively also runs their DTM team.
I'm not disproving you, but pulling a different link and saying "how long has it been since Audi did something like Porsche and ran it themselves"?
I think Joest got killed when Audi pulled the plug, and if true that's very sad.

julian assflange
Jul 29, 2010

She's offering me a ride....

Who run the R8s in the Blancpain races? All privateers?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

julian assflange posted:

Who run the R8s in the Blancpain races? All privateers?

"W Racing Team", a Belgian group.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

this is a level beyond puke

you can call it puke 2

Oh, hey, a refund update for my Le Mans pass:

quote:

Dear [removed because lmao I don't need someone showing up to my front door and jerking off in front of me],

Our platforms have suffered attacks which prevented our serevers to respond properly.
We invite you to consult the GCU and in particular Article 6: [[http://fiawec.com/en/terms-of-use-app/62]]
The entire race is available in replay.

However, I refund your account.

Best regards,

I don't think they realize their email signature is off.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Keeper of the Secret

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh, hey, a refund update for my Le Mans pass:

I don't think they realize their email signature is off.

Or how silly it is to have an English page for their TOU if they aren't even going to bother to translate it

VV Edit: I've become so fluent in reading it, I actually didn't notice it at first.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at Jun 22, 2017 around 17:11

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Grimey Drawer

gently caress you if you can't read French.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

The proper subtitle to a Le Mans race.

«46 »