Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I know it's australia and everything but this still seems like a gong show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
It's so dark I can barely tell which part of the track it is, is it the blind turn up the hill?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It looks like it's right before they start going downhill.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Just after Skyline down the esses, before the dipper

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

the yellow is to let everyone enjoy the sunrise

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
To be fair id probably crash at the top of Skyline looking at the sunrise too

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So Sebring decided to throw some shade at the aussies (and Daytona).

https://twitter.com/sebringraceway/status/827954090491707393

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hey you know the things that make those other tracks unique? We have none of that! C'mon Sebring I like you but that was weak.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

njsykora posted:

Hey you know the things that make those other tracks unique? We have none of that! C'mon Sebring I like you but that was weak.

They do have 12 hours of framing hammer impacts to the back of your head though.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Goddamn, Chaz - nice

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mostert round the outside into the cutting jesus christ.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Best place to park that McLaren. Good job.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Mclaren activating flamethrower mode.

RIP turbos.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Well there goes a valve or a piston ring.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Who *hasnt* had some sort of issue so far?

Chaz hit a Porsche, Vilander gets a pass through, and Soulet in 3rd had a puncture, thats just the recent top 3

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

well this is cool as hell

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's not a real race until a car is shooing red hot liquid metal out of the exhaust.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
JFC its a bloodbath out there

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Gonna need more tape on that mercedes.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Powershift posted:

Gonna need more tape on that mercedeseverything.

ftfy

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
This is almost a Macau level bloodbath.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Endurance racing has gone from "slow and steady" to "12 hour sprint" to "maximum fucktardery"

e: and lol theres another incident

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BUMPERCARS!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe they shouldn't have let the drivers swap their drink bottles for goon bags.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Just loving :lol:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I cant even :psyduck:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Guys we're loving only 2 hours in.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Guys we're loving only 2 hours in.

the last couple hours are going to be boring with a bunch of busted rear end cars limping around the track.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
There's going to be a bunch of taped together cars with the alignment "best guess" hammered in in the last few hours if this keeps up for a little while longer, I don't think it'll be boring.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Finally some racin' :munch:

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
That Ferrari is pretty.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:rip: lambo

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I really wish they'd have a little counter for the number of laps the safety car has led.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

I really wish they'd have a little counter for the number of laps the safety car has led.

So... 68 at this point?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

:rip: lambo eyreybody

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Aw, I really liked that pretty mazda :(

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crashes in front of pit lane are always hilarious because of the cars limping all the way home

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The 12 hours of yellow flags.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

:rip: 35

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
OUCH. He's moving, thankfully

• Locked thread