Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Need to have :fap: emotes by the Mazda. Also should have something about Blancpain and Super GT in the OP since them streaming free on Youtube makes them way easier to get into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cadillac absolutely blitzing everyone in prototype qualifying.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how things actually are in the race once the draft and traffic is in place.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

God I hope this season isn't just the Cadillacs stomping everyone in prototype.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/825713258141274114
https://twitter.com/SPEED/status/825713182299688960

IMSA twitter rules.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bathurst support races are on, qualifying and shootout also being streamed by Nismo later on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

#23 Nissan in the garage gently caress everything.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hey you know the things that make those other tracks unique? We have none of that! C'mon Sebring I like you but that was weak.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Mostert round the outside into the cutting jesus christ.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Well we were green for a solid 5 seconds.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

We made it 3 laps...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

OK now we have a god drat motor race.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

"Reduced vision"

That's one way to say "can't even see the loving pit in".

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yes give me more GT4 cars.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The FIA heard people saying WRC was good this year and decided that cannot be allowed because their cool new fast cars are apparently now too fast.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

WSR is apparently going to formally be a BMW factory team in BTCC this year which means gently caress yeah that livery. Also apparently a new engine.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Norns posted:

Are they V6s yet?

I think Holden is going V6 next year, if they're still in the series.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

gret posted:

They offer a streaming package of qualifying and the race for like $30/season. The video quality is kinda crap but it's not a bad deal.

Yeah Superview is probably the best way to watch it live outside Austrailia, it's $40 Austrailian which is pretty good value for the full season though I'm always sad they don't include the support races in that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

In non-hack news, the Suzuka 1000km race in Super GT is being replaced by a 10 hour endurance race. Also apparently SRO (the Blancpain GT company) are getting involved in it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Cool thing, British GT will actually have a UK TV deal this year. It's on Front Runner which is a seemingly new channel I've never heard of but it's a free channel and they'll be airing the Mini Challenge support races as well.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I like Kris Meeke more and more every rally.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Remember the Goodwood Members Meeting is this weekend and has a bunch of cool poo poo going on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Goodwood stream is here if you want something to watch before Sebring, today's mostly practice but there'll be 70s touring cars and 60s F3 cars racing before the end of the day.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

GramCracker posted:

What happened to the 911? I thought it was leading GTLM for a minute, unless I was mistaken

Got a puncture, then after changing the tire on the resulting pit stop they dropped the car before the wheelman could get rid of the gun so it ran over the hose and got a drive through.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Shame Prototype looks set to be a Cadillac stomp the whole way.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

E: Very wrong thread.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 24, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

TCR's season opener has a rather miserable 12 car grid. That thing has just gotten more and more sad to watch over the last 2 years.

Meanwhile IMSA's Twitter is posting dogs.
https://twitter.com/IMSA/status/848138831371153408

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I feel it might be both, the grids fluctuate so wildly that there's almost no point to it being an international series since only 10 or so drivers actually run the whole season while everyone else is national series drivers who figured they might as well show up to their home race. The regulations are cool though since manufacturers seem to have taken to them the same way they took to GT3.

Though I did notice they decided to run the first round of the international series the same weekend as the Silverstone 24h touring car endurance race which is using TCR spec cars. That seems like a bad idea.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Dudley posted:

Maybe they should consider making the TCR International a one-off "World Cup" at the end of the season at whichever middle eastern crap hole will host it.

That was basically the Macau race the last 2 years I think they got 30+ cars but Macau told them last year because it was all being livestreamed on the Macau Grand Prix site they couldn't have the TCR graphics on the stream and had to use the same MGP graphics as everyone else. So TCR threw a shitfit and moved the last race of the season to Yas Marina as an F1 support race.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BTCC 2017 made it all of 6 seconds before its first safety car because Turkington swerved into Matt Neal on the grid.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Plato, Turkington and Neal all eat poo poo on the grid in the same day. This is one hell of a season opener.

Also ITV just keep talking to Ingram even though its obvious talking is causing him serious pain.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They usually go up the Monday after. So they'll probably be up later on.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Nismo TV put up a video yesterday confirming that they'll be streaming Super GT live on Youtube with RLM commentary again this season. Round 1 is this weekend at Okayama starting at 6:30am UK time and 1:30am EST.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They'll have the stream saved for watching later yeah, the 4 races they had live last year are still watchable now if you want to go see what Super GT is like. The Fuji race was pretty excellent.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

harperdc posted:

[Edit] apparently Radio Le Mans and the previous commentators aren't involved this year. Interesting.

Huh, that seems weird. Why would you get internal commentators to do it when RLM are probably doing it anyway?

Anyway.
https://twitter.com/jordan10taylor/status/849417714062045186

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Super GT round 1 is here and this was one worth checking out. The new low downforce regs have made GT500 a god drat warzone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If Alonso wins the 500, maybe not this year but sometime we could see him and Montoya teaming for Le Mans to get the triple crown together.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BTCC Donington 2017: What's a track limits?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There's video of the F4 crash on Youtube and gently caress it's nasty. You literally don't see the slow car until about half a second before impact. Nothing he could've done to avoid it. Apparently he's got serious leg injuries and it took 2 hours to get him out the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hey remember SRO are involved in British GT now? They're streaming it on their Youtube channel. It's wet as hell and there are cars nearly losing it on the formation lap.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 17, 2017

• Locked thread