Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

godDAMN is Marshall Pruett kicking rear end in this broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Basticle posted:

I'm watching the WEC stream, explain please.

In the fox broadcast they have MP camped out in a "war room".

He'll chime in about various engineering things and answer fan questions.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Footage of Dan Gurney kicking european rear end never gets old.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

TOYOTA MKIII REFERENCE.

God that car owned...

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

am I loving up by listening to the fs1 feed?

MP's insights have been a real treat. I don't know.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

iospace posted:

Wikipedia check says... it was supposed to be a class in IMSA's top series, but that never happened.

god that would have owned.

Wasn't bruton smith trying to rebuild the nurburgring in :911: to boot? Another cool project.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cygni posted:

So Porsche goes to Formula E and saves $190m a year. Wonder if they are considering any other racing programs with that extra coin (*coughcough* DPi or IndyCar)

oh god I loving wish.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Why does the Pirelli World Challenge kick so much rear end?

Seriously. I got to get an up close look at a Lambo today, and got to witness the Italians running one of the Ferrari team cheering on their team in Spa today.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I don't mind COTA.

But in order for a venue like that to survive? You need multiple events running it. You need XFinity, you need the WEC/IMSA double header, and you likely need Indy.*

The series I typed above? Insurance policies to ensure it doesn't wither away and turn into condos.

*In the spring. I don't see how a race in March would effect attendance in June, Mr. Gossage.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Motorsport in general isn't Lambo's style.

Wasn't the rumor that they were doing Prototypes in WEC?

That and I guess the whole IndyCar deal, but they got scared off because they were afraid of going full Alfa Romeo/Lotus there.

At least the PWC cars are a beautiful thing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

julian assflange posted:

They made engines for F1 in the late 80s so there is some precedent

Aguri Suzuki apparently got a podium with that engine in Japan in 1990.

They're beautiful cars. I keep having the weirdest luck running into them in the northeast ohio area. The Huracán is almost an artist masterpiece.

• Locked thread