Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It seems like one lane always has a huge advantage in putting power down out of the final corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LOL angry Felipe!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Juan finishes Pjuan!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I've started following WRC this season since Redbull.tv is covering it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

What's the deal with IMSA.tv? Can I stream from that instead of Fox?

Not from the US.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Good thing there weren't any blinkers on the Cadillac.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

:siren: RACING THIS WEEKEND :siren:

:neckbeard:

I love racing.

e: no Fiat 500s this year? :(

gret fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 2, 2017

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

RIP both Nismo GT-Rs.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It looks like it's right before they start going downhill.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

fyodor posted:

I just realized there's a KTM X-Bow racing lol.

I think I saw one at Macau too.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

i guess nobody thought to give the KTM a strap for the driver to close the windshield

The X Bow should be racing with an open cockpit anyhow. :colbert:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Lizard cam and now kangaroo cam!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

Don't know if this has been covered, but it looks like all the 2017 IMSA races will now be shown live and many of them have been moved from FS2 to FS1.

Good news for them.

I hope that's a sign that the ratings for Rolex were much higher than anticipated.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

:siren: Racing this Weekend: :siren:
V8 Virgin Australia Supercars kick off their season at Adelaide this weekend. Practice is about to start.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They offer a streaming package of qualifying and the race for like $30/season. The video quality is kinda crap but it's not a bad deal.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Whincup is still a menace.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

Ban Audi.

Agreed. Ban Audi for taking away Montoya's shot at a triple crown.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I miss Audi.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So Bob Varsha's on the official Formula E commentating team today. Interesting.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Welp.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They do crazy poo poo like send course vehicles out on track alongside cats rainy at full speed without a safety car/VSC/even c.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

This FOX coverage is terrible. They just missed the pass for the lead because they cut away to an interview.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They're holding an auction to sell off everything from Scott Tucker's Level 5 Motorsports.

http://auctionsamerica.com/events/all-lots.cfm?SaleCode=AS17&grouping=Level%205%20Motorsports&category=

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So Fox won't even be showing the race live on FoxSports Go? BeINSports also didn't show the MotoGP race at CoTA live either a few weeks back either, but at least they streamed it live on their app. Even F1 qualifying's been relegated by NBCSN to online streaming once so far this season.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Kilonum posted:

If F1 qualifying isn't on NBCSN then it is CNBC or MSNBC. Same goes for actual races during le Tour de France.

Bahrain qualifying was only on NBC Sports Extra.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

BTCC, DTM, and V8 Supercars are all racing this weekend too. Too lazy to add in details about how to watch.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

T1 would be great for watching the start. Most of the passing opportunities will be at T12, so sitting by there or in the T15 grandstands will allow you to catch a lot of the action. But yeah, walk around a bit and watch from different vantage points.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CactusWeasle posted:

Jesus Christ Kenny..

That was pure idiocy. I dub him the new Tracy Krohn.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

That almost looked like a brake failure it was so bad. I'm not convinced it wasnt.

With a guy like that, who can tell the difference?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

If you're not already a multi-millionaire, then maybe this racing series just isn't for you. Oh wait, no I was thinking of F1.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yay qualifying 1 has started.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

OMG!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So for us North Americans when does the race start tomorrow? 9AM Eastern?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/876221118117556226

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Chandhok is terrible.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

quote:

The pole-sitting No. 7 Toyota of Kobayashi retired in the 10th hour with clutch failure, in what Vasselon said was triggered by a bizarre pit lane incident.

He said it was the “most amazing” problem they had during the race.

Kobayashi pitted for routine service while under the race’s second safety car period before going into the queue at pit exit, where Vasselon said he was signaled to re-enter the track by a fake marshal, believed to be a driver from another team.

“It’s amazing… Someone came to tell him, and we have it on video: ‘Go go go!’ And normally, our drivers are used to the human action dominate signs,” Vasselon explained.

“From our side, we told him stop because the safety car queue was coming, and it was not possible.

“There has been, as you can imagine, some confusion. Start, stop, start, stop.

“So he had done several restarts with the clutch and the combustion engine… and burned the clutch because he has been thrown into a situation which should not exist.”

Kobayashi ground to a halt moments later and was forced to retire the car at the Porsche Curves.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/vasselon-frustrated-with-toyotas-missed-opportunity/

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Goodwood continues to be awesome. Love seeing a NASCAR stock car, followed by an IndyCar, followed by a rally car, and then a GT car.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

So every Cadillac gets the same BOP adjustments due to WTR's domination, right?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Montoya to the Penske DPi please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah I would guess Penske puts an experienced endurance driver in the other seats. Lots of good talent out there, especially with the demise of Audi's LMP1 program. Maybe somebody like Romain Dumas, who used to drive for Penske in the ALMS Porsche Spyder days, or Loic Duval.

• Locked thread