Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

mastershakeman posted:

no idea

bears are gonna draft mike williams round 1, some random LT round 2, round 3 peterman, round 4&5 two kickers

I don't pay attention to college ball. Is Peterman a safety? I really hope Peterman is a safety.

Edit: Two first round WRs in a three year span while the rest of the roster is butt and you don't even have a QB would be so obnoxiously stupid I can't even conceptualize it. It better not happen.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

fishing with the fam posted:

Edit: Two first round WRs in a three year span while the rest of the roster is butt and you don't even have a QB would be so obnoxiously stupid I can't even conceptualize it. It better not happen.

I believe the technical term for that is "pulling a Millen", and if it isn't it should be.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ahahahaha Bears.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

gently caress

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

I don't pay attention to college ball. Is Peterman a safety? I really hope Peterman is a safety.

peterman is qb

mark my loving words this piece of poo poo incompetent franchise is going to do this

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Man, where is defiantgiant when you need him. That guy always had a reasonable approach. You guys are all doom and gloom and I just don't see how you can be down on the front office after the past two offseasons. It is arguably the strongest consecutive offseasons in the past 15 years. (Damning with the faintest of praise )

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Sataere posted:

Man, where is defiantgiant when you need him. That guy always had a reasonable approach. You guys are all doom and gloom and I just don't see how you can be down on the front office after the past two offseasons. It is arguably the strongest consecutive offseasons in the past 15 years. (Damning with the faintest of praise )

they had the second worst season in franchise history of close to 100 years and in response fired no one and got rid of the best qb in history then replaced him with a guy who's worse and makes a tiny bit less

once Fangio is gone it's all over

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Mike Glennon is a head scratcher but it's more despair over a decade's worth of chickens coming home to roost. The Bears are now arguably the most talent-poor roster in the NFL and good returns on one or two drafts is optimistic but isn't going to keep me from having to watch some really lovely football for the foreseeable future

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

they had the second worst season in franchise history of close to 100 years and in response fired no one and got rid of the best qb in history then replaced him with a guy who's worse and makes a tiny bit less

once Fangio is gone it's all over

Firing people every other year is how you become the Browns or 49ers. Fox was never getting fired after two years, so this is a make or break year for him. They were in full rebuild and between Pace's first and second year, purged a lot of the veterans for youth.It sucks, but when you have no talent at the start, it's hard to build a competitive roster.

GNU Order posted:

Mike Glennon is a head scratcher but it's more despair over a decade's worth of chickens coming home to roost. The Bears are now arguably the most talent-poor roster in the NFL and good returns on one or two drafts is optimistic but isn't going to keep me from having to watch some really lovely football for the foreseeable future

This is just silly. The 49ers and Browns are unquestionably worse. And there is not much you can do to avoid lovely Bears football over the next couple years, one way or the other. You just have to hope they are able to build from the ground up, so when it gets good, it stays good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

GNU Order posted:

Fox and Pace have had two full seasons to gut the roster and rebuild. This coming season is yet another season of gutting the roster and rebuilding?

What is going on in Chicago?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

SKULL.GIF posted:

6+ years of terrible drafting came home to roost. Seriously, look at the Bears drafts between 2009 and 2014 and try not to puke.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Since firing Lovie Smith, who coached Chicago to a Super Bowl, another NFCCG, and six playoff appearances in total (out of nine seasons) and a 81-63 record (0.563, better than Jauron's 0.438 and Wannstedt's 0.417), the Bears have gone 22-42 (0.344) over four seasons.

The Bears have lost Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Marshall, Matt Forte, Charles Tillman, Jay Cutler, among a few more players that don't come to mind immediately, and in their place they've acquired: ... a 31 year old Josh Sitton? Danny Trevathan's ruptured knee? At least you have Kyle Long and Pernell McPhee.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fox and Pace have had two full seasons to gut the roster and rebuild. This coming season is yet another season of gutting the roster and rebuilding?

they spent two years drafting the same positions twice and then were excited to get one starter out of each position (two centers, two rbs, bla bla)
their #1s were also a bad wr who sucks andi s hurt all the time, and a good OLB who is hurt all the time. real cornerstones

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Shiiiit, looking back at the Bears draft history, Alshon Jeffery is the longest tenured player the Bears drafted. After he leaves in free agency, there will not be a single person on the Bears roster they drafted prior to 2013. Now THAT is how you become talent poor.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The Bears will never have a qb better than cutler.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Sataere posted:

This is just silly. The 49ers and Browns are unquestionably worse. And there is not much you can do to avoid lovely Bears football over the next couple years, one way or the other. You just have to hope they are able to build from the ground up, so when it gets good, it stays good.

Surr, the Browns have a stupefyingly weak roster, that's just me whining. Obv hindsight is 20/20 but ever since Lovie left we've just seen talent slide off the roster with no real contingency plan or vision for the future. To be this far down the well and look at Mike Glennon (regardless of contract $) as the guy is a bummer.

As a GM you have to get up on the podium and talk up the guy, but it makes me wonder if they really have confidence in him as anything more than a one/two year bandaid.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shiiiit, looking back at the Bears draft history, Alshon Jeffery is the longest tenured player the Bears drafted. After he leaves in free agency, there will not be a single person on the Bears roster they drafted prior to 2013. Now THAT is how you become talent poor.

and it's pretty much just Kyle Long from 2013 with two other dudes who likely won't be on the team. hah

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

NO NO NO GODDAMNIT NO

https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/839927807094423552

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I think it is a calculated gamble while hedging with a mid round draft pick. What other options at QB did they have, knowing that Cutler is gone? I think they are hoping the unknown commodity pays off and if not, they will develop someone or maybe be more aggressive next year when Garrapolo / Cousins hit FA and have a stronger draft class to work with.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

loving christ are you kidding me

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I hope he can come back. He was so good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/839909386621440000

:twisted:

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Wow I didn't see that one coming. Especially when he just signed a contract pretty recently. Bummer he was one of my favorite players.

God dammit my family has a Suh jersey, a Calvin Johnson jersey, a Levy jersey, and a Tate jersey. Farewell Golden.

e: what is going on
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839932870831525889

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 9, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I changed my mind. gently caress the Bears. Bye Alshon. :(

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

what a great offseason

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I love DeAndre but he's been injured or otherwise unremarkable for two years now.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Remember how the Bears raised season ticket prices because they were going into the offseason with the most money in team history and were prepared to make big moves

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Trading Cutler and Jeffery for Glennon and Sims, the Bears unquestionably got worse today. But all I see on Facebook is people rejoicing that Cutler is gone. This dumb loving city deserves to have Marc Trestman and Phil Emery back.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

You forgot Markus Wheaton!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am sad about Levy.

I would like us to sign TJ Lang.

Somebody tell me how to feel about the rest of the changes.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

VJeff posted:

I am sad about Levy.

I would like us to sign TJ Lang.

Somebody tell me how to feel about the rest of the changes.

Detroit shouldn't get Lang. I've heard so much bitching over how much he supposedly holds every single play from Detroit fans that it's weird that they suddenly want him now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Deki posted:

Detroit shouldn't get Lang. I've heard so much bitching over how much he supposedly holds every single play from Detroit fans that it's weird that they suddenly want him now.

I want him to hold on every play for my QB instead, duh.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you know how in moneyball the old timey scouts are talking about how a guy is good because he's handsome and we're all supposed to laugh at them because they're luddites who don't understand on-base percentage and fat guy dingers, well here's a question, did any of those pro athletes look like this

e: i'm all three of these guys

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Reiff to the Vikings really!? I'm sure he'll bolster their paper line, but man it sucks to see him go to a division rival. I really liked Reiff.

VJeff posted:

I want him to hold on every play for my QB instead, duh.

lol

e:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRcAJ_GAagW/

quote:

dre_levyMan, it's been a great 8 years. The last 2 have been tough personally, but I wouldn't have made it without being around a group of teammates I enjoy being around and want to give my all for. Being a Lion has been tough but rewarding and I'm forever grateful to have been able to spend the last 8 here in Detroit. The last second wins, the heartbreaking losses, the up and down seasons, Gridiron's touchdown song, regime changes, questionable officiating (understatement), all were apart of shaping this amazing experience here. There's not a sports city more deserving of a championship. Thank you, Detroit. Peace ✌🏽✌🏽

Dammit... take care Levy.

Knyteguy fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 10, 2017

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
TJ Lang is fine. But letting Warford go and spending a bunch on Lang instead would be the Lions-iest thing to Lion.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Trading Cutler and Jeffery for Glennon and Sims, the Bears unquestionably got worse today. But all I see on Facebook is people rejoicing that Cutler is gone. This dumb loving city deserves to have Marc Trestman and Phil Emery back.

As a Packers fan, I'm stoked for the Mike Glennon experience, but I'm definitely going to miss Jay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDgGcCnZ4Zg

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I noticed Cutler is almost never in frame whenever his teammates are trying to stop an INT return.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I noticed Cutler is almost never in frame whenever his teammates are trying to stop an INT return.

Its that or break something making a tackle, like in 2011.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Pops Mgee posted:

As a Packers fan, I'm stoked for the Mike Glennon experience, but I'm definitely going to miss Jay.

I love this because it's somehow exactly what I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Pops Mgee posted:

Goddamn I miss Nick Collins.

Also HELL YEAH MARTELLUS BENNETT TED ACTUALLY DID A THING!

• Locked thread