Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

slev posted:

Kat is pretty cold blooded just picking up dudes and tossing them off ships thousands of feet to their deaths

Dont forget just plain throwing motherfuckers at other motherfuckers. I dont think it can really be "knocking them out" when you crush several soldiers into a single ball and throw it at a giant robot, or envelop them all in a singularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dont forget just plain throwing motherfuckers at other motherfuckers. I dont think it can really be "knocking them out" when you crush several soldiers into a single ball and throw it at a giant robot, or envelop them all in a singularity.

At least those guys ostensibly deserve it. Gravity shift too near a small child or old woman and you send the poor bastards sailing into the abyss, no consequences or comment.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lord Bob posted:

At least those guys ostensibly deserve it. Gravity shift too near a small child or old woman and you send the poor bastards sailing into the abyss, no consequences or comment.
I had a hard time with that during the beginning of the first game but as we saw in WW2 and will probably see again real soon, the true horror of humanity is how easily we can emotionally adapt to horrific things. Now I'm like "welp, gotta watch out in this dangerous world of gravity princesses".

edit: wow that was really dark so here's Kat trying to figure out what the hell bathroom to use

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 23, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I liked the first game a lot at the time but felt like, by the time it was over I was begging for it to end. The combat especially got REALLY repetitive and just turned into a lot of Air kicks. I thought they'd fix that specifically but a lot of the gameplay still looks pretty air-kick centric. I do wanna float around in a PS4 level open world though..

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I barely do any gravity kicks anymore because stasis is incredible now. I just got lunar phase and I hope I can go back to that amazing level again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Marogareh posted:

I barely do any gravity kicks anymore because stasis is incredible now. I just got lunar phase and I hope I can go back to that amazing level again.

You can! It's on the list with the other mining sites.

Snidhog
Dec 31, 2007
Does anyone have a handle on how photo sharing works? Can you only be sharing one picture at a time, or do you just send them out individually? Does anything affect where your ghost shows up? I've played for 13 hours and encountered exactly one player ghost, and that was among the stalls in the port.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snidesworth posted:

Does anyone have a handle on how photo sharing works? Can you only be sharing one picture at a time, or do you just send them out individually? Does anything affect where your ghost shows up? I've played for 13 hours and encountered exactly one player ghost, and that was among the stalls in the port.

Just send them out individually. I think they're geotagged in some fashion to appear where the photo was taken, because I've seen the odd ghost on the side of a building or just floating in midair.

As for what makes them appear... hosed if anyone knows at this point :v:.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just send them out individually. I think they're geotagged in some fashion to appear where the photo was taken, because I've seen the odd ghost on the side of a building or just floating in midair.

I was wondering if the online part of the game was updated on some schedule every 24 hours or something, but I think at this time yesterday there were still no new photos or anything so I really don't know.

Also the Jupiter form makes Kat an avatar of destruction like never before. However, I still dunno what I would use the Lunar form for...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Samurai Sanders posted:

I was wondering if the online part of the game was updated on some schedule every 24 hours or something, but I think at this time yesterday there were still no new photos or anything so I really don't know.

Also the Jupiter form makes Kat an avatar of destruction like never before. However, I still dunno what I would use the Lunar form for...

Lunar's for non-shifting platforming, and yes it is often outshined by just Shifting gravity and falling to where you want to go. You can rest against the side of vertical faces and leap up by kicking off on them by holding X, and angle back into the same wall to keep on climbing indefinitely.

Jupiter Style might seem the best way to get around (and it makes falling very quick), but don't try getting smart and using it for the Dreams of the Sky races or anything like that; You can't fine-tune your fall for poo poo and you'll fly right past the targets. It will absolutely clown some of the Sliding races though.

Snidhog
Dec 31, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The one ghost I found was in front of a juggler, and the picture was of him doing his thing, but I wasn't sure if that was just a coincidence or not. It does sound like shot location matters now, so taking pictures in out of the way places probably won't get you those sweet Dusty Tokens.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
This Moving Service mission loving sucks

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

This Moving Service mission loving sucks

The one where you have to dump stuff on the air-truck? It's actually easy, you just have to wait for the object to float over the truck bed before you release it (which it'll do automatically, just wait a second).

Plus you have three whole minutes to do it in, there's no way you shouldn't have a full minute left at the very least.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

They keep floating AROUND the truck and keeping just enough momentum to swing off. Or they just explode for no reason, that happens a bunch too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

They keep floating AROUND the truck and keeping just enough momentum to swing off. Or they just explode for no reason, that happens a bunch too.

Having them explode never happened to me, so uh that's certainly something :stare:.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I don't mean boom explosion, for what it's worth, just something in there will suddenly shatter, even if I'm over near the shed grabbing that chest and chair.

:shepface:

e: Oh god finally.

..oh no there's a challenge mission of it noooooooooooooo

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 23, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Well, I got the final ending. gently caress, man. Neddy Seagoon was right, they really did..cover just about everything. Though, I don't know if I quite get the Nevi. Or the white Nevi. Or how Syd was controlling them at the end there. Buggered if I know what the "Angel Egg" Brahman jammed into Kali and Durga was either.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well, I got the final ending. gently caress, man. Neddy Seagoon was right, they really did..cover just about everything. Though, I don't know if I quite get the Nevi. Or the white Nevi. Or how Syd was controlling them at the end there. Buggered if I know what the "Angel Egg" Brahman jammed into Kali and Durga was either.

Welcome to the other side, friend. It's loving magical isn't it? :allears:.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It really is. What a great game.

I did all the sidequests and got Gold on all the challenges.. I do wanna platinum it but I might wait and do it when the Raven campaign hits, which I'm looking forward to.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Wow the camera in the level where you get the jupiter gear is not great. Poor thing goes crazy and can hardly keep up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man I wish there wasn't so much stuff locked behind Dusty Coins. I want all the costumes but I'm never gonna get close to enough

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Regy Rusty posted:

Man I wish there wasn't so much stuff locked behind Dusty Coins. I want all the costumes but I'm never gonna get close to enough

How many coins do you need for some of the later stuff?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

How many coins do you need for some of the later stuff?

Highest reward is 6000

I got 7 over the course of my entire playthrough.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah it's absurd. I've been doing things occasionally as they pop up on my way and I have 93. I will probably make it to 100 for the second prize Salute gesture, but I'm not gonna even make it to 300 for the first costume

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
That is a ludicrous amount of coins. I doubt I'll manage to hit 100, let alone 6000.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I think I had 600 by the time I finished. The reward list is definitely a bit on the expensive side.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I still have no clue the system to when and how often you get presented an online event to do. Like I have said before, it reminds me of frustrations with Dark Souls' online system. I want to do a shitload of those things both for the coins and because they're fun as hell.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This game's story is completely bonkers, I love it

Snidhog
Dec 31, 2007
Sending challenges and treasure hunt photos seems to provide a steady supply of Dusty Tokens. Regular photos seem to be quite rare. I've yet to have one of music etc rated and I've had a few from other people bug out and vanish when I try to interact with them.

On an unrelated note, Lunar Style is distilled joy. Less so for fighting, but mobility wise its a dream.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The Sprits of a man side quest is the best.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

WHAT THE gently caress

Mission 20 Kali just turned into a horrifying abomination. This game is loving insane :psyduck:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Regy Rusty posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

Mission 20 Kali just turned into a horrifying abomination. This game is loving insane :psyduck:

If you like that, pop open the statistics screen and take a good hard look at the story progress percentage.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you like that, pop open the statistics screen and take a good hard look at the story progress percentage.

What even is this game jfc

This train just keeps on rollin

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I think I just glitched out this game. After going to Hekseville and getting acces to the sewer pipe house, I replayed the mission where you first fight Raven and then team up on some soldiers, because the Raven fight has awesome music. After defeating the boss and just mashing through the dialog, Raven followed me to Hekseville, even though she's supposed to have gone missing in the story. Startled me to when she just slammed into the ground next to me. She's in constant gravity shift and just follows me around.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Attitude Indicator posted:

I think I just glitched out this game. After going to Hekseville and getting acces to the sewer pipe house, I replayed the mission where you first fight Raven and then team up on some soldiers, because the Raven fight has awesome music. After defeating the boss and just mashing through the dialog, Raven followed me to Hekseville, even though she's supposed to have gone missing in the story. Startled me to when she just slammed into the ground next to me. She's in constant gravity shift and just follows me around.

Yuuup. Reloading the save should fix stuff like that though.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yuuup. Reloading the save should fix stuff like that though.

Why would I want to fix that? Unless it brakes the game or something.
But yeah, save/reload is a good go-to when something bugs out in any game really.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I must have had more Dusty Tokens than I thought, because I just got the 100 token one.

Granted, I also had two successful photo rewards totaling 60 tokens, but still!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What is with the online system in this game? For a few days in a row I got no information that anyone had used my photo to find treasure, and then I start playing after work today and there literally ten notifications all at once that people did.

Edit: and another seven ratings of my pictures, mostly from days ago.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 25, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The only notification I've gotten was a challenge result and that was 30 hours in. I also saw a ghost like in Dark Souls for a few seconds and never again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yay I beat it. Great game, left me feeling happy and satisfied.

• Locked thread