Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Since the beginning I've always gravitated towards Skids in every blind campaign run as he's my favorite. Easy investigate cards are always exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Two bucks and three cards for a chance at three damage is still useful if you’re a seeker.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 7, 2020

Spritz3
May 3, 2009
Finally a good way for Ursula to get Moonstone into play.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Farsight is surely good even if you're not playing a handsize deck, right?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

For 4 XP? Nah.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Guardian is XP hungry but this is cheap and a worthwhile upgrade, though in solo it will depend upon the scenario/campaign.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Latest starter deck spoilers :

Harvey's weakness, yowza.

And here's all of the Return to the Forgotten Age spoilers in an album :

https://imgur.com/a/QVN351E

edit : thinking about Harvey's weakness, I guess it's designed to prevent you from just jumping to 15 cards in hand right out of the gate. You probably don't want to go above 8 until you've either triggered it or set up some soak, so it acts like a kind of soft limit on his power curve.

Kalko fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 9, 2020

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Is a weakness card in your hand during the resolution of its revelation effect?

Spritz3
May 3, 2009
^In this case, no. When you draw a Treachery from your deck you treat it like an encounter deck draw — it never enters your hand.

Harvey's likely to see that weakness multiple times. If you're holding 10 or 15 cards in hand and have assets in play there isn't a lot of deck left — and he wants to draw lots of cards a round to get use of his ability. Thrice-Damned will limit his power — normally weaknesses that deal damage/horror but cost no actions are mild, but not in this case: the more damage you've taken, the more future damage becomes a problem.

He'll need to pack some soak.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

A lot of interesting combo father here and a big improvement on that skull, which before was only really useful for akachi.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I'm no expert, but that Fates card seems pretty decent, at least for a 0xp deck.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

It has a serious chance of doing nothing...

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Not exactly, because it causes the encounter deck to be shuffled when it fails to go off. Technically that is the same as not having seen it at all, similar to there generally being no difference between drawing from the top or bottom of a deck. However, a forced shuffle could be useful by itself.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Honestly it seems to me that if one bothers with Parallel Fates, they might as well bother with Scrying.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Lemony posted:

Not exactly, because it causes the encounter deck to be shuffled when it fails to go off. Technically that is the same as not having seen it at all, similar to there generally being no difference between drawing from the top or bottom of a deck. However, a forced shuffle could be useful by itself.

Such as when?

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

Such as when?

Couldn't say off the top of my head, but I seem to remember there are some cards that can let you manipulate the encounter deck. There's that survivor card that tosses enemies on top of the draw deck for instance. Probably no crazy good combos or anything, but I don't think the card sucks.

My group just went blind into standard difficulty Forgotten Age. Holy crap, who balanced this? It is insanely overtuned. We are all solid players and we had to resign. My character ended up with three trauma.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Now we're talking!

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Kalko posted:

Now we're talking!

e'cache 3xp has a legitimately great use now!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Lemony posted:

Couldn't say off the top of my head, but I seem to remember there are some cards that can let you manipulate the encounter deck. There's that survivor card that tosses enemies on top of the draw deck for instance. Probably no crazy good combos or anything, but I don't think the card sucks.

My group just went blind into standard difficulty Forgotten Age. Holy crap, who balanced this? It is insanely overtuned. We are all solid players and we had to resign. My character ended up with three trauma.

Are use the board game geek Alternate swamp start version. The first three scenarios are the hardest.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

DontMockMySmock posted:

e'cache 3xp has a legitimately great use now!

It was already fantastic for reloading strange solution, which can't normally be discarded and replayed since it doesn't take a slot.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Pilfer was so, so close to being a bonkers card for Sefina. If it returned to your hand immediately instead of at the end of your turn, you could have copied it with the Painted World and gotten your Painted World back.

It's a good contender to replace Intel Report, but neither is strictly better than the other. I like it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I’m playing with a friend through to see you again, this time we are Winnifred in Jaqueline instead of Preston and Diana. Jaqueline is so amazing but her weakness can really get your goat. Even with olive and using my ability, drawing nine of the 16 tokens in the Chaos bag, I’ve been unable to get the elder sign multiple turns in a row. Other times, I draw my weakness at the end of my turn and immediately test it and beat it.

Two player, you’re really often in different places, which means we haven’t been able to do a predict the future style, scrying mirror double or nothing. But that’s coming.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
Despite having a complete collection since day 1, I only just played Lost in Time and Space for the first time with a couple of friends. I'm not sure if it was just our bad luck with chaos bag draws, but we got absolutely stomped.

We've been breezing through everything up to this point with Zoey, Daisy, and Sefina, but we got pretty overwhelmed with keeping tracking of all the location effects and all the doom flying around. We got up to Act 3 (after entering the Edge of the Universe), but the Agendas advanced pretty quickly after that, and we had trouble keeping up a connection to Edge of the Universe. The number of times we got forced back to the starting location because of one bad draw was immensely frustrating.

Any tips for this one? I think we've got a handle on keeping track of the locations now that we've seen all of them, at least.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I couldn’t tell you, I beat it with solo Rita who is the champion of movement.

It may be too late but if you want to add a lot of movement to your game, gives Safina nimble and open gate.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

Pilfer was so, so close to being a bonkers card for Sefina. If it returned to your hand immediately instead of at the end of your turn, you could have copied it with the Painted World and gotten your Painted World back.

It's a good contender to replace Intel Report, but neither is strictly better than the other. I like it.

I suspect Sefina's is literally the reason Pilfer has the delayed return clause.

It's still a hell of a thing, and might be worth playing as her anyways.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Chucks beard is super modern, congratulations. But he fixes a lot of problems with trick cards, that they’re slow and overpriced. This makes backstab three viable as a main damage dealer, it’s one buck and it’s +2.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Golden Bee posted:

Chucks beard is super modern, congratulations. But he fixes a lot of problems with trick cards, that they’re slow and overpriced. This makes backstab three viable as a main damage dealer, it’s one buck and it’s +2.

I'm going to guess it's a FFG staffer and thus can't change the facial hair to look more 1920's.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

jeeves posted:

I'm going to guess it's a FFG staffer and thus can't change the facial hair to look more 1920's.

I mean it’s a drawing?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Golden Bee posted:

I mean it’s a drawing?

They love putting FFG staffers into their cards once they hit 5 years or such. Change someones facial hair and it doesn't look like them anymore for said tribute.

Or maybe an artist just didnt do enough research. I guess we should be blessed with consistently decent art we do get after seeing the stuff in other games.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Mano is three testless damage from Cho, which is a good threshold, but I hope there's a way to recur these events otherwise I don't see how they can compete with late game weapons.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

I figure testless damage at 0 cost is very solid.
Midnight Oil could be a Burglary replacement on Rex, but I think being an event hurts it there.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Kalko posted:

Mano is three testless damage from Cho, which is a good threshold, but I hope there's a way to recur these events otherwise I don't see how they can compete with late game weapons.

His older sign lets him get his events back. Getting your guardian access to the elder sign consistently is a team effort!

I’m finding Jaqueline extremely hard to play at high xp. She has a lot of abilities that you want to put them down, but no ability to play events or as it’s faster than normal.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Lemony posted:

I figure testless damage at 0 cost is very solid.
Midnight Oil could be a Burglary replacement on Rex, but I think being an event hurts it there.

I've seen Rex played with the Crystallizer of Dreams and lots of events. It worked really well and I could see this card having a home in such a deck.

Rianlee
Jan 15, 2009
Pillbug
I'm interested in playing this on Tabletop Simulator, but can't seem to find anything on the workshop for it. Where would I need to look?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

The remainder of the Nathaniel Cho deck cards :

And :

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Rianlee posted:

I'm interested in playing this on Tabletop Simulator, but can't seem to find anything on the workshop for it. Where would I need to look?

There is a Discord server devoted to playing this on Tabletop Simulator, if that's your thing: https://discord.gg/PrAeZaw