Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So if you win the non elimination, you're not safe the following elimination episode?

What's the motivation for the designers to avoid losing or to strive to win the non elimination week? Goofy prizes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Johnny Longtorso posted:

I was surprised Bevan's bearded black ice queen wasn't in the bottom.

Me too, what a mess.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Why can't we just get another season of Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Why do 99% of the episodes in any given season involve some kind of mould drama? Either a mould won't open or there's some other issue with the mould.

Are moulds that unpredictable?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The rock sailor marionettes stroke face was just the worst. I'm all for doofy but that wasn't whimsical or amusing at all. Also those hands and forearm prosthetics looked pretty bad overall.

Not an elimination week so like it even matters anyway.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So was it just luck that Tyler and Emily's model also happened to be a ballerina? I mean she was doing the pointe technique and poo poo, which is pretty difficult to fake.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Adam was a poo poo that episode and self sabotaged.

With that said, the model who stood in for the father figure on that team really did zero with the character. Yeah just stand there, stare, perfect.

Also the midget in the wooden wheelchair on the Circus Freak Family was probably the grossest thing I've ever seen on this show. Straight up disturbing. That huge malformed head was just the nastiest thing I've ever seen and really hope it's exaggerated and no one has ever had to deal with something like that in real life.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

For a while there it seemed like they were editing it to make it look like Emily was going home, but after a while it became pretty obvious that it was Ben's time to take a hike.

Both teams did pretty awesome in that challenge though, that was a cool episode.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Cosplay Melee is ok so far but I think I'm going to get pretty tired of the format pretty fast. Even when compared to Face/Off.

Every CM episode we're going to have to see the picture of the host being kissed by Norman Reedus to show how much of a super fan she is and we're going to have one of the contestants always say they recognize her from Community, for example.

But this poo poo is coming from someone who can't stand how Glenn Hetrick always says "Goooood Evening" when he's introduced and who notices when Mckenzie Westmore sounds slightly different when she delivers her lines, so whatever.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

This was one of those kinda esoteric themes the show does every once and a while but Cig fuckin nailed it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Didn't expect Corn Head to take it over a vaguely Victorian Gargoyle, but here we are.

Johnny Longtorso posted:

I'm sorry, that lovely piece of styrofoam spraypainted and stuck to the back of the model to be a "wing" is good enough to get George into the finale?

A last minute lovely piece of styrofoam spraypainted and stuck to the back of the model to be a "wing" was good enough to get George into the finale.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That was probably the best finale they've ever done on this show. All three did good work but Cigs stood out from the rest. He really chose wisely by picking the Dragon and Tiger Masters, but that could have easily worked agaisnt him.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Miz Kriss posted:

Is no one gonna acknowledge that someone thought giving a werewolf six boobies was a good idea? :psyduck:

Ya I had a good chuckle at Six Tits McGee spending all that time sculpting three pairs of lucious breasts instead of helping the girl who ultimately got eliminated work on her chest piece.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The show is still the same regardless of the two team gimmick. It's edited the same, it's paced the same, McKenzie says basically the same things, there's a commerical before Glenn Hetrick announces the winner etc.

Only now it seems like the Team Leader could end up getting eliminated instead of the artist responsible for the worst aspect of the worst look.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Well at some point I'm sure the team gimmick will get dropped when the amount of artists left on the show won't allow for it.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

I'm not sure if regular Face Off is going away, but while I was watching, there was an ad for a 'new' show called Game Face. According to SyFy's website, it's going to be four different returning contestants in three elimination rounds every episode.

So it sounds like they're mashing together Face Off with Cosplay Melee's progressive elimination style.

Someone made a vagina face during Episode 1 so it was an ok show. I guess it will fill the Face Off void for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I hope that the judges don't stay the same every week. This kind of format allows for a lot of variety in who's there to decide a winner each episode. Game Face reminds me of a show on the Food Network called Chopped and there the judges are rarely the same 3 every time.

• Locked thread