Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."
Yeah, half of them might as well be new contestants to me but I am excited for Gage, Cig, and Tyler who were all finalists who could have easily won their seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Just give Emily (and of course Tyler) the trophy. And my heart. Good lord she's adorable.

I came into this season rooting for Tyler and am really glad he got a partner as good as he is. It's hard to see anyone else winning at this point though anything is possible. I would expect them and Cig&George in the finals with the third spot up for grabs.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

lifts cats over head posted:

I had much higher expectations for Ben and Evan. I may be remembering their seasons wrong but I thought they both had potential. Granted I'm not sure where I would have gone with a gold smith but I'm sure Cig/George or Emily/Tyler would have knocked it out of the park. I also get the vibe that Logan hates being on a team with Adam.

They were finalists on on what I think was by far the least talented group of any season. Ben was on the bottom at least 3 times in the final few episodes(though I think he also had some of the strongest work from that season) and Evan was always just barely not bad enough to get eliminated. I'm honestly surprised they have lasted this long.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

Johnny Longtorso posted:

The only real drama this season is who's going to end up in the finale with Tyler/Emily and Cig/George, right? I mean, there hasn't been a season this lopsided since Anthony.

Unless they do some bullshit like split the teams up for the finale or something.

As far as the third-place contenders are concerned, the stone guy just looks rough (the face is okay, but the rest of the body is terrible), but I didn't think the gold one was that bad. The iron giant just looks like it's all fabrication, was there any actual makeup involved?

I think the final four of the first returnee season were obviously waaaay better than their competition but, yeah pretty much. Having some people be obvious finalists doesn't really bother me in talent based reality shows unlike it would in Survivor.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

LabyaMynora posted:

Not to get all :tinfoil: but I'm pretty sure Adam has wanted to go home for a few episodes now. He's been so negative, and then just started beaming when they announced he was eliminated.

At the end of the episode, I was kind of thinking the whole conceit of just eliminating one person on a week when, according to pattern, no one should have been eliminated might have been in order to accommodate him. Maybe a lucrative gig/opportunity came up, or maybe he just decided he hated it there after a few episodes.

Eliminating one team member and keeping Logan around feels to me like Adam wanted to leave the show, but Logan didn't, so rather than eliminate them as a team, they decided to let Logan hang around. I bet on the production schedule this was not supposed to be an elimination challenge.

The question now is, what the gently caress do they do with Logan? It's pretty unfair to make him do challenges meant for 2 people by himself, but it's also unfair to make a 3 person team.

I would be really, really surprised if it wasn't planned that they would go to individuals this week. Didn't Mckenzie say it would be like that with eliminations every week from now on?

• Locked thread