Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
I had forgotten just how well Adam can fabricate when he's on the ball. That armor looked stunning. However, yeah, Emily and Tyler deserved that win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Johnny Longtorso posted:

I was surprised Bevan's bearded black ice queen wasn't in the bottom.

I liked the idea they were going for, but it just didn't work. That emerald prom dress didn't help either. I also wish that Cig and George's queen worked better, but it wasn't terrible (I actually liked the makeup, but they deserved the "safe spot.")

This week's episode should have been a "let's talk to every team" night instead of just the top and bottom looks.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I like that the bottom 3 teams got to have a touch up session. None of the bottom makeups were hilariously bad, just not good.

Though, to be fair, Cig and George's makeup was the only great look tonight. :colbert:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I like the second chance last looks, but I think if they did a limit of how many per season (like they did for the save) it would make the contestants unable to rely on that so much.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I happened to like Adam and Logan's doofy little stone sailor boy. :colbert:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I like to think that Ben realized that he was being mediocre and bumped it up a notch because that wheelchair kid was creepy and awesome. It was my favorite individual look of the night.

But yeah, I really like Adam, but I agree that it was his time to go. Even in his original season he's been hit or miss, and he's been having way too many misses this season.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Shneak posted:

:lol: at Adam pushing for his team to switch the models around to make them more interesting (they were) and getting eliminated for it.

Go big or go home. Adam managed to do both.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Shneak posted:

I thought it was really close. Rat Coven looked more unified as a concept but nothing stood out. Tree Coven had three makeups that all stood out individually though it didn't match the challenge as well. Tyler's witch might be my favourite of the season so far.

I agree. While I personally liked the rat cursed coven more because it felt more on the mark to the challenge, the tree cursed coven were good makeups as well.

I think that the only thing that tripped up the tree coven was that they were looking at each of the ingredients as individual components ( "we gotta do something that is a breath of a dying man! We gotta cover the willow and the sap!") instead of ingredients of a single curse. However, that's just nitpicking and doesn't detract from the final result too much.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

If you wanna talk crazy contestants, who was it that was pretty poo poo, only liked doing goth/horror makeups, and when she was eliminated, she kept saying they eliminated her because she was fat.

And for the record, I liked George's makeup, even if it was colored like an action figure. I didn't like Emily's actually. It felt like the big chunks of black veins covering 80% of the top of the head distracted from the overall look, but whatever.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It feels like Emily and Tyler have been relying on looks they did in previous challenges ( Tyler and his love of making faces out of vines, Emily with strategic nature placements on the bosom). Like, it was interesting the first time. Now I'm just wondering if that's all they can do.

I also think there should have been a bottom 3 because Cig and George were the only two who made good makeups. (Popsicle sticks!)

Miz Kriss fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Apr 12, 2017

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

If I got to choose, I would have put Tyler over Emily in the bottom 2 just for the fact that the entire head was a 4th grade social studies project :colbert:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I loved George's happy dance in the interview clip that he was going to the finale.

Also I think that even though George's creature was kinda ugly and haphazard, I think deconstructionism is supposed to be kind of a middle finger to architecture, so in a way George really succeeded. Still don't like that stupid wing though, but hey, it worked.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Yay Cig won! :toot:

His makeups were phenomenal, and his victory was very well deserved.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Is no one gonna acknowledge that someone thought giving a werewolf six boobies was a good idea? :psyduck:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I like to think that twisted 6 was gonna win until they found out that Nick committed makeup sacrilege

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

Let it be known that Suzanne's clockwork thing was such a train wreck that she went home over someone who had no prosthetics on their model

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

I love how this show just gives up on its own rules when it feels like it.

'Twisted Six you totally trashed the other team, but go home Phil.'

I spent so much of the season ragging on the guy but once they announced Kiersten was safe, he seemed like he knew it was coming. I actually found him pretty affable.

While I hope that they never try this type of season again, did any of artists actually get kicked off for doing a lousy job as the foreman?

E: I also said it early on this season, but I don't understand how judges make their decisions; sure Phil's face might not have evoked the infection as well as the other two, but he also sculpted Andrew's chest piece and a prop (I have no idea if they take past performance into consideration or if they just go 'eh gently caress it; that one goes home')

I think one of the main problems is that they were trying to get the best of both worlds in the aspect of a team competition vs an individual competition.

Like, ideally, I would have liked it where they got their theme and how many makeups they're creating, and it was up to the foreman to delegate what needs to be done and how many people should be doing what things. You want three people sculpting while two people fabricate and pre-paint? That's fine. You want mini teams for each character? That's fine too. It gives the shop to succeed or fail as a team based on how they delegated the task at hand.

Instead, we got the same as an individual challenge where half the contestants just so happen to be working together, but only one character is on them. Oh, you helped make something kickass for your team? Well, it wasn't on the character you were assigned, so that doesn't count.

Also, I think Nick was the only one who was sent home for being a lovely foreman. (Well, and destroying someone else's work.)

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I like that Andrew's makeup looked unintentially like an old age makeup too. :v:

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I kinda forgot that Nelson was still on the show, tbh. What a hell of a disaster to remind me that he was still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

I actually liked that it was a haunt instead of yet another short film like previous seasons.

• Locked thread