Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I'm excited for this season but it needs more Eric Foxx. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I like the team approach as well, should make for better end results. I understand that shows like to have intensity but I never really enjoyed the deadline aspect. I'd much rather watch them produce consistently awesome products with more time to work.

Oh, and we all know you'll eventually get your mold open after the commercial break.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

AndyElusive posted:

So if you win the non elimination, you're not safe the following elimination episode?

What's the motivation for the designers to avoid losing or to strive to win the non elimination week? Goofy prizes?

The winners of the off week get immunity.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I just want to give Cig and George unlimited time to see what crazy creatures they create.

Seconding the adorableness of Emily.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I much prefer the obvious plugs for cars. It's much better than when the contestants narrate:
"So we hopped into the new Kia Sorento to go buy supplies for the challenge"
"Man there is so much room in here!"
"Is that a navigation system? COOL!"

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

I had much higher expectations for Ben and Evan. I may be remembering their seasons wrong but I thought they both had potential. Granted I'm not sure where I would have gone with a gold smith but I'm sure Cig/George or Emily/Tyler would have knocked it out of the park. I also get the vibe that Logan hates being on a team with Adam.

A fun fact I learned from their twitter page, Cig has a corgi named Tupacshacorgi.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

CommaToes posted:

I have only really watched this season.

Any recommendations on previous seasons that were fun and good?

Season 4 just to watch Eric Fox enjoy the hell out of making ambitious pieces.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Labes for days posted:

Yeah Adam was needlessly a dick this episode and I was glad to see him go. Loved the circus family. Felt kind of bad for that model having to drool on herself the whole time (unless it was part of the makeup and I didn't catch it.)

That model always seems to really get into character so I wouldn't be surprised if that was her doing. Just watch her again during the close-up inspection, she was really selling a character that was in a panic from all the attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

My boyfriend asked me if any contestants from previous seasons ever didn't complete a look for a challenge? Not things like Ben covering the rat-witch hands with fingerless gloves or a not so stellar paint job, but like a catastrophic gently caress-up.

Nothing's coming to mind except that one guy from season 5(?) that threw a fit and left on the first episode.

I'm betting Evan, Logan, or Emily is getting the axe tonight. But at the same time, with Adam gone, Logan had a pretty good showing on his own last week.

There was that guy who made a killer rabbit (I think) and the body was just fun fur. Also that girl who was awful and drew paws on what looked like mittens.

• Locked thread