Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

Knockout of the Year - Whoever the gently caress did this spinning hook kick as a counter to a high roundhouse:

https://i.imgur.com/Opy1ANV.mp4

holy poo poo

I'm almost more impressed that the guys legs didn't get tangled up in the other dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
KO of The Year:

https://twitter.com/UFCONFOX/status/939720807428759552

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
That loving fencing response, hot drat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Digital Jedi posted:

KO of The Year:

My first reaction was,"That was amazing!" and the immediate reaction after that was,"Oh my God he's loving dead."

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

That loving fencing response, hot drat.

I keep hearing from people that this is bullshit, but I also keep seeing and recognizing it so...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I keep hearing from people that this is bullshit, but I also keep seeing and recognizing it so...

It's not bullshit, it just became a meme on this website because people would respond to any video or gif of someone falling down with "they totally got a concussion there, look at the classic fencing response"

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The technical term is “going Schaub”

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Alaois posted:

It's not bullshit, it just became a meme on this website because people would respond to any video or gif of someone falling down with "they totally got a concussion there, look at the classic fencing response"

Not just this website, fight sports commentary, football commentary, etc. People latched onto it as a thing to make themselves sound smart in the last few years.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Gonna nominate the Di Chirico knee for KO of the year vs Bamgbose at Fight Night Winnipeg because Oluwale just went extra limp

Also for best post fight interview https://streamable.com/qmsql

Edit:

Another RAD AS gently caress ko

https://twitter.com/ibdbmma/status/942130915341414406

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 17, 2017

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Bumped for end of year awards

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I'll make a new thread once the awards are done, if anything cool happens in tonight's fights post them here and they'll be added to the new thread

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Fentry posted:

I'll make a new thread once the awards are done, if anything cool happens in tonight's fights post them here and they'll be added to the new thread

You know how to do your job, but I want to float the idea of reducing the number of awards. I was able to get it down to 11. A shorter core ballot could increase participation:

KO
Sub
Fight
Performance
Round
Fighter
Breakout
Comedy
Bad officials (refs + judges)
Event
Goon Favourites

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

CommonShore posted:

You know how to do your job, but I want to float the idea of reducing the number of awards. I was able to get it down to 11. A shorter core ballot could increase participation:

KO
Sub
Fight
Performance
Round
Fighter
Breakout
Comedy
Bad officials (refs + judges)
Event
Goon Favourites

just look at lobstermobster's ballot and do all of those i would think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Worst Fight of the Year/Biggest Disappointment: Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou at UFC 220.

I knew going in that Ngannou probably needed to KO Stipe to win but I didn't expect his takedown to be so awful, and while it was nice of Stipe to not finish him off even though he could have at any point in the last three rounds, it made for a sad spectacle to see Ngannou just lie there desperately trying to breathe. At one point Stipe literally stood up, turned around and got back on Ngannou who didn't move at all the entire time.

• Locked thread