Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

My Lovely Horse posted:

yesssss

I need Kiryu very seriously driving a taxi-themed go-kart across a giant mahjongg table, driving over Staminan pickups and chucking traffic cones at Majima in the lead

My dream game like this would be one where you play as Nishiki and have it set between Kiwami and 1 so you can have the story span the bubble and the crash/90s. But instead of having any fighting at all just a really light goofy story and it has every mini-game and arcade game and karaoke track/video from the entire series in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Jerusalem posted:

The announcement should be that the remasters are coming out on Steam goddammit :negative:

Yeah, this is what I want. Worse case scenario, they put them on the Series X or whatever which, if that has the same backwards compatibility as the Xbox One, then I can get a console with Yakuza games and also those other random Sega games that happen to be on there like VF5:FS and Virtual-On OT and etc.

Best case scenario, that Series X stuff happens to just work on Windows 10 I guess?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I can only see the branding coming as part of a “SegaSammy bought by Microsoft” story, which would be a loving bombshell. Microsoft had apparently been sniffing around Japanese firms as part of their studio purchase spree, but...man.

Also lol if the next Persona only comes out on Series X.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It would have to be a LOT of money for Sega to give up on the mint they make via the Sonic & Mario Olympics games.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

kirbysuperstar posted:

It would have to be a LOT of money for Sega to give up on the mint they make via the Sonic & Mario Olympics games.

Microsoft seems pretty lax about stuff showing up on Nintendo platforms, so they could theoretically just keep doing deals with Nintendo on that front I guess.

Alternatively, "Master Chief & Sonic at the Olympic Games"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Well we know who would win the clay shooting I guess.

It's Shadow.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So in Y0 Kiryuu is in Osaka. I've eaten, played darts and pool, but before i answer the text I want to make sure there isn't anything I can only do at this point, no side stories or such.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There really isn’t much Kiryu can do in Sotenbori.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ChaosArgate posted:

There really isn’t much Kiryu can do in Sotenbori.

Good. I was worried there was some unique side story hidden away or something. He ate at the giant crab resturant and won at darts, that's a pretty good day.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Kiryu can do the underground arena there, which I think he has his own separate ranking? Didn't do it much with him so I dunno what you get for progressing to through it with him.

Dunno if that's an actual spoiler but just in case.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I think he can take a taxi back there whenever anyway, though it’s a bit on the pricey side.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I remember reaching the point where Kiryu goes to Sotenbori for the first time and feeling momentary terror at the idea of each character having a set of sidequests for both cities. But no the characters have all their content bound to their respective city. There's some funny flavor text though like Majima having no interest in the Pocket Circuit building because it's a game for kids.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

mycot posted:

There's some funny flavor text though like Majima having no interest in the Pocket Circuit building because it's a game for kids.

My favorite was Kiryu going up to the restaurant that's a front for the weapon shop and going "But I'm not hungry."

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You get a whole cutscene inside if you visit the restaurant’s Kamurocho branch beforehand. :v:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

ChaosArgate posted:

Y0: You get a whole cutscene inside if you visit the restaurant’s Kamurocho branch beforehand. :v:

Wait. Are you telling me I missed an entire weapon store/development side of things as Kiryu too? I THOUGHT THAT WAS MAJIMA EXCLUSIVE AND HAD TO KEEP TRANSFERRING poo poo OVER TO KIRYU VIA THE MONEY PERVERTS ALL GAME.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

kiryu doesn't get to do equipment searches, he can only buy stuff majima has unlocked for buying. you did miss the chance for kiryu to repair weapons, though

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
majima unlocks the zap guns and kiryu uses them to farm infinite money from very large comedians.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
That still would have been incredibly handy because I legit thought that was one of the Majima-exclusive things.

gently caress. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah, I didn't know about it till one of the last few chapters of the game. I'll just have to remember it whenever I go back to the game.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

mycot posted:

I remember reaching the point where Kiryu goes to Sotenbori for the first time and feeling momentary terror at the idea of each character having a set of sidequests for both cities. But no the characters have all their content bound to their respective city. There's some funny flavor text though like Majima having no interest in the Pocket Circuit building because it's a game for kids.

I’m glad (Kiwami 1 spoiler) Majima got that stick out of his rear end like 17 years later as a 40 year old man so that he could school Kiryu in a children’s game

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mycot posted:

There's some funny flavor text though like Majima having no interest in the Pocket Circuit building because it's a game for kids.

Pocket Circuit is for everyone, friend :shobon:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 31, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
everyone should be like majima in their 40s.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

and 50s

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Y0 went from being crazy insane bonkers to being incredibly sad in a short span of time.

It feels like I should be getting close to the end based on how the story is progressing but I feel like I'm actually only about half way.

Kuze is such a gently caress up, I can't help but feel Bad for the guy.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

twistedmentat posted:

Kuze is such a gently caress up, I can't help but feel Bad for the guy.

Avoiding spoilers here - I will say he's become one of my favorite characters in the series, and the ending should make that clear. If not np, we can circle back when you're done. Kuze rules

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kuze's a piece of poo poo but he's a charismatic piece of poo poo. he's like a classic yakuza movie character, as opposed to kiryu who is a wonderful sweet man who would never intentionally do anything bad.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
The car shooting sequence in the original Yakuza is terrible. I knew it would be but drat.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

I’m glad (Kiwami 1 spoiler) Majima got that stick out of his rear end like 17 years later as a 40 year old man so that he could school Kiryu in a children’s game

Majima everywhere was a lorefriendly way to have Majima explain to Kiryu what he had done in Yakuza 0.

If it was Kiryu Everwhere, he would explain the time he ran a real estate firm after Majima's boys were shaking up a real estate firm and the subsequent antics, dealing with a phone club-esque minigame and the time he was a film director for an advertisement at Kanrai

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Kiryu Everywhere would never involve a fight with Kiryu, you'd just chat with him a while before a group of thugs would try to pick a fight with the both of you

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Kiryu everywhere would be him running some errand on your behalf and telling you that he believes in you and you should always live to your full potential. 5 mins prior to this he flattens some goons with a moped but not before driving his knee into the base of someone's skull.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

gyrobot posted:

Majima everywhere was a lorefriendly way to have Majima explain to Kiryu what he had done in Yakuza 0.

If it was Kiryu Everwhere, he would explain the time he ran a real estate firm after Majima's boys were shaking up a real estate firm and the subsequent antics, dealing with a phone club-esque minigame and the time he was a film director for an advertisement at Kanrai

iirc if you find him at the hostess club, Kiryu tells Majima he used to run a real estate firm and Majima says "oh yeah, you were into some weird poo poo back then"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Kiryu Everywhere would be you're in the middle of a minigame when he suddenly shows up because he's in the middle of a sidequest and now it's a super boss version of the minigame.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Kiryu Everywhere would be you run into him on the street and he politely asks for help carrying ice creams or taking bento boxes to homeless people

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

MorningMoon posted:

Kiryu Everywhere would be you're in the middle of a minigame when he suddenly shows up because he's in the middle of a sidequest and now it's a super boss version of the minigame.

and if you lose he gives you an inspiring speech about not giving up or how winning and losing isn't the only thing that matters

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

and if you lose he gives you an inspiring speech about not giving up or how winning and losing isn't the only thing that matters

real talk one of my favorite things about majima everywhere is majima's relentlessly positive attitude about the whole thing

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Is losing to a wild Majima encounter still a game over? It’s not a problem I encountered outside the ultimate battles, because I always carry a dozen bottles of Staminan Royale in case I’m ever in real danger, but I feel like Majima would just be “aw chin up Kiryu-chan everyone has their bad days; chug this bottle of Toughness ZZ and I’ll come at you again later”

Edit: not including the places in chapters 5 and 10 where you fight Majima for real like in the PS2 version

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Also drat, now I really want an Ichiban game with Kiryu Everywhere, or a Majima game with Kiryu Everywhere, or a Majima game of any kind really

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Captain Walker posted:

Is losing to a wild Majima encounter still a game over? It’s not a problem I encountered outside the ultimate battles, because I always carry a dozen bottles of Staminan Royale in case I’m ever in real danger, but I feel like Majima would just be “aw chin up Kiryu-chan everyone has their bad days; chug this bottle of Toughness ZZ and I’ll come at you again later”

Edit: not including the places in chapters 5 and 10 where you fight Majima for real like in the PS2 version

I'm pretty sure I lost to an Officer Majima encounter because I underestimated how much damage he was doing and it didn't game over me. I think the Majima Everywhere meter moved up a little though.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm pretty sure I lost to an Officer Majima encounter because I underestimated how much damage he was doing and it didn't game over me. I think the Majima Everywhere meter moved up a little though.

You don't game over. Replaying K1 on hard now and lost once. The Majima everywhere meter went down by 1 if I'm not mistaken, making it take an extra win against Majima to rank up. The bar seems to go up by 20% every win and goes down a tiny bit (hard to even see) when you lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Playing Kiwami 2, played virtual on for the first time at haruka's request, played for about 5 minutes, now have BOMB SWORD RIFLE burnt into my screen from the hud