Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

Management is the best way. You'll have millions by the time you finish it.

I finished it a long time ago and the only reason I would go back is more money.

Arzaac posted:

Honestly once you beat the game you can probably get more money out of Final Millennium Tower than management. It's more interesting, too.

Thanks. Once you enter that place can you go back out or are you locked in until you finish it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I managed to get myself locked out of a shitload of Akiyama's quests. It doesn't help that the main story AND the substories want you to go to Sky Finance.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Lareine posted:

I managed to get myself locked out of a shitload of Akiyama's quests. It doesn't help that the main story AND the substories want you to go to Sky Finance.

once you get to the point of no return in the finale, you'll be able to do all of them

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Raine posted:

once you get to the point of no return in the finale, you'll be able to do all of them

Yeah, knowing that is what's stopping me from despairing but it's still a pain in the rear end. RGG Studio is usually pretty good at giving you a heads up before locking away content but they seemed to have dropped the ball for Akiyama. I'm glad I did the Hostess Maker stuff when I did, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to finish it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Lareine posted:

I'm glad I did the Hostess Maker stuff

congrats, you are the only person to have ever said this.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The only time I know I locked myself out of content in a Yakuza game was in 3 when I didn't take Rikiya to the tattoo parlor.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

congrats, you are the only person to have ever said this.

i regret doing it to completion

at least i was able to stop myself from completing the dojo apprentices after reloading 10 times trying to get a good result on solo training

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Yakuza Like a Dragon is finally out on Steam in South East Asia, full price. Is it likely to go on sale you think? I realise the earlier games went on sale fairly often but this is the brand new one and I'm not sure if it's worth waiting

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It already went on sale in the west once, for lunar new year or whatever it was recently, so there's a decent chance of it getting another sale soon enough, hopefully for your region too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Artelier posted:

Yakuza Like a Dragon is finally out on Steam in South East Asia, full price. Is it likely to go on sale you think? I realise the earlier games went on sale fairly often but this is the brand new one and I'm not sure if it's worth waiting

It is on sale constantly. I think on physical its down to 1/3rd price some places

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

I finished it a long time ago and the only reason I would go back is more money.

Thanks. Once you enter that place can you go back out or are you locked in until you finish it?

You can bail out at each floor but you have to start over. It’s kind of like the battle arena but without any checkpoints at all.

Management mode money is completely worthless for the post game, you want to run the 4 floors of battle arena that give gold bugs enough times to make everyone a crown. Equip everyone (even the benched party members) with a crown and run the millennium tower over and over for boatloads of cash, and you can pick up virtually all of the crafting mats needed for the ultimate weapons along the way.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

History Comes Inside! posted:

You can bail out at each floor but you have to start over. It’s kind of like the battle arena but without any checkpoints at all.

Management mode money is completely worthless for the post game, you want to run the 4 floors of battle arena that give gold bugs enough times to make everyone a crown. Equip everyone (even the benched party members) with a crown and run the millennium tower over and over for boatloads of cash, and you can pick up virtually all of the crafting mats needed for the ultimate weapons along the way.

Awesome! Thanks! I already have a crown from some side quest so that's a little less work.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

For reference, you make like 3mil (IIRC) doing an entire business period in management mode.

You make like 80mil every run if you do what OP just described lol

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Chapter 13, status of the gang

Most jobs also having like EX +5 weapons or so as well.

I might have gotten carried away grinding Sotenbori Arena.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

There are way, way better grinding spots later, you’re super over-levelled to finish the main game now though so congrats on that at least.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Yardbomb posted:

Wow you did more grinding than I did.

Yeah you're good to finish the game.

I'm in the final area of the postgame and having a good time. People said that all my attacks would do chip damage to the enemies and fights would take forever but that hasn't been my experience. Hit weaknesses and don't worry about conserving MP too much and you're good. I always carry around max MP restore items so it hasn't been a huge problem. Not sure if I can beat the final final stuff but we'll see. At the very least I have a fuckton of money and crafting materials.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wow you did more grinding than I did.

Yeah you're good to finish the game.

I'm in the final area of the postgame and having a good time. People said that all my attacks would do chip damage to the enemies and fights would take forever but that hasn't been my experience. Hit weaknesses and don't worry about conserving MP too much and you're good. I always carry around max MP restore items so it hasn't been a huge problem. Not sure if I can beat the final final stuff but we'll see. At the very least I have a fuckton of money and crafting materials.

For the final-final dungeon you want everyone at 99 with at least one job at 99 and as many other jobs as you can bear as high as possible.

It doesn’t gently caress around, that’s where it feels like chip damage while you’re getting 1-2 hit KO’d.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

For the final-final dungeon you want everyone at 99 with at least one job at 99 and as many other jobs as you can bear as high as possible.

It doesn’t gently caress around, that’s where it feels like chip damage while you’re getting 1-2 hit KO’d.

OK then I guess I'm not at the final final area? That's hosed up because all my nerds are at 80ish and I'm having no problems. And yes I finished the main game and saw the credits. All my saves say Premium Adventure. Is there another area I don't know about?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah thankfully I have one or two jobs on most characters at like 40 or so now too, Freelancer and Hero and Devil Rocker and Chef on Ichiban are good and up there, Detective and Foreman and Chef on Adachi, Nanba's got Homeless Guy and Breaker and Foretuneteller, Saeko and Eri have Gambler and Matriarch in the 30's and everything else in the 20's, Joon-gi Han has Hitman high up there and Fortuneteller and Foreman, Zhao has Gangster and Foreman and Enforcer, I got Fulminating Forecast, Ice Spreader and that one big dynamite move from Foreman on like all the dudes, I swapped jobs around a lot and gave them their EXP items when benched in Sotenbori so they all got like all their shareable skills, it's been fun to have all those options.

I also have like 2-3 War God Keystones, two Black Belts and 3 Brawler God Mouthpieces, a bunch of the Dragon gear sets from the last fights in the arena. :eng101:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 1, 2021

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Also I had to when everyone popped to it in Sotenbori. :nice:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

This is no joke. I have all my party at 99. All their jobs at 30+, and their main job I want them to stay as at 99. They all have EX weapons at different numbers. And they have the best armor in the game. And Saeko still gets killed in one combo, and everyone else dies if they get targeted twice in a row, even with perfect guards on every hit.

It feels like luck at the final boss, because I can't do anything about my whole party deciding to coincidentally bunch together just before a shoulder tackle. I just couldn't keep up with reviving, and gave up after about 5 tries. The climb to the top every time I shut he game off and come back later wore me down. The grind for a few more +5 agility just isn't worth it at a certain point. Especially when some characters just can't get any better stats from their jobs to survive hits anymore.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

OK then I guess I'm not at the final final area? That's hosed up because all my nerds are at 80ish and I'm having no problems. And yes I finished the main game and saw the credits. All my saves say Premium Adventure. Is there another area I don't know about?

after you clear what you thought was the super last dungeon, you will get an email

i recommend saving and trying it for fun to see what it's about

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
For Like a Dragon, the difficult content is only available in New Game+, right? I'm not focusing on doing every sub-story in my first play through since I'd be revisiting them in NG+ anyways, so I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything by doing so.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Raine posted:

after you clear what you thought was the super last dungeon, you will get an email

OK thanks. Based on this and the post above yours I am not there yet.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Raine posted:

I did this as soon as I cleared the first version and managed to make my way past the two goons outside with a lot of luck, then got one hit game over by the first encounter when you actually get inside because they decided to target Ichiban.

I ended up doing a lot of grinding for that trophy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Reik posted:

For Like a Dragon, the difficult content is only available in New Game+, right? I'm not focusing on doing every sub-story in my first play through since I'd be revisiting them in NG+ anyways, so I just wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything by doing so.

Depends what you mean by difficult content.

New Game+ can be set to Legend difficulty which is all the same poo poo but a lot harder, that’s the only thing exclusive to NG+

The real difficult content is the final-final dungeon in the postgame, which is an order of magnitude harder than anything else in the game on any difficulty.

If you’re dead-set on doing a NG+ run then the only thing I’d say to look out for is the job exp items. Some can be bought from vendors so it doesn’t matter but some of them are substory reward/pickup from a specific safe only so the only way to get two is to do a second run.

If you want to do the final-final dungeon it’s recommended to have them just to cut some time off the grind.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 1, 2021

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Starting 5 (for the first time!) after doing a quick replay of 4, and I have to say, running around doing low-stakes errands as Kiryu is the most immediately fun any Yakuza game has ever been for me. The city he starts in is super cozy and easy to navigate

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Depends what you mean by difficult content.

New Game+ can be set to Legend difficulty which is all the same poo poo but a lot harder, that’s the only thing exclusive to NG+

The real difficult content is the final-final dungeon in the postgame, which is an order of magnitude harder than anything else in the game on any difficulty.

If you’re dead-set on doing a NG+ run then the only thing I’d say to look out for is the job exp items. Some can be bought from vendors so it doesn’t matter but some of them are substory reward/pickup from a specific safe only so the only way to get two is to do a second run.

If you want to do the final-final dungeon it’s recommended to have them just to cut some time off the grind.

Is the final-final dungeon not harder in the Legend difficulty?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Reik posted:

Is the final-final dungeon not harder in the Legend difficulty?

I believe it ignores difficulty because the entire point of it is to be a ‘gently caress you this is hard’ challenge, which it is. It was originally DLC in the original release.

I finished NG+ on Legend (which was no cakewalk) for the boosted xp to save myself some of the grind and it was way easier than the final-final dungeon.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

7’s PS5 version drops tomorrow, no?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
yakuza's minigames are always a mixed bag but hoo nelly did they ever pick a winner with Y5's taxi missions

i'm going to regret leaving kiryu behind because of these things alone

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I'm trying to finish up yakuza 5 and I just can't seem to beat this damned "hit 3 foul balls" challenge is there a trick to it or do you just need better timing than you do for home runs?

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Senator Drinksalot posted:

I'm trying to finish up yakuza 5 and I just can't seem to beat this damned "hit 3 foul balls" challenge is there a trick to it or do you just need better timing than you do for home runs?

hit the ball when the circle is still pink, slightly before before the yellow/red home run circle appears

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

man nurse posted:

Apparently, but the free upgrade doesn’t seem to have been applied since PSN alternately decides to offer me either the PS4 version for download or the PS5 version to add to cart for full price when I go in and out of the store page for it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Ishioda gets his rear end kicked as much as Kuze and gets unceremoniously blown up off-screen, but his memorable design and banger theme puts him at the top of the long ladder of expendable henchmen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn3eTeuuaX4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I had to take a break for awhile to deal with other stuff but finally got back to playing Yakuza 3. I'm still in Okinawa, I'm supposed to be in town talking to the Councilman and "somehow" ended up spending all day at a cabaret club haranguing some lady I found on the street that goddammit no you can't pair those fingernails with that watch what the gently caress is this amateur hour bullshit!?! :argh:

God I missed you, Yakuza games :allears:

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The most rewarding thing in my career as a police officer is people giving me money every time I apprehend a suspect

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Ishioda gets his rear end kicked as much as Kuze and gets unceremoniously blown up off-screen, but his memorable design and banger theme puts him at the top of the long ladder of expendable henchmen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn3eTeuuaX4
I really hope they do some video game magic and say he survived and have him show up in the next one. His character design is just too cool to waste. I definitely gravitated more to him than boring old Tendo.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

man nurse posted:

Apparently, but the free upgrade doesn’t seem to have been applied since PSN alternately decides to offer me either the PS4 version for download or the PS5 version to add to cart for full price when I go in and out of the store page for it.

I claimed the PS4 disc upgrade this morning. The digital upgrade will probably need to wait for the PS Store update later this afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m in no rush to see it fixed since I’m not going to replay it any time soon after the 100+ hours I put in for the platinum, I imagine it’s frustrating as hell for anyone who decided to wait due to the lack of cross-save though.