Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hello I bought Yakuza 0 and it's really great and Majima is lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Steve Yun posted:

Please live post when you see especially funny or dramatic things

Why can't I buy Bunchan plushies in real life

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

The White Dragon posted:

because you have to win them at crane catcher

It is very fat, and large, and wears a hat, it is soft and I want it

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Just completed Yakuza 0 with about 40 hours on the clock and somehow managed like, 21% completion. I wasn't necessarily trying to mainline the story, but there were a lot of parts - especially in the last third - where it didn't make any sense, storywise, to slack off and do any of the side activities. I also had a real tough time coming across sidestories despite going out of my way to find them, getting about 1/4 done for each characters, but maybe I completed what was available to me and then due to not spending much time in the open world between stories I didn't get ones that were available later. If that's a thing, that is. I chose not to engage with the erotic stuff or catfights and I tragically never found slot car races, either!

I also completely failed to realise how Kiryu's real estate thing worked until I dicked around for a few minutes in Premium Adventure since I hadn't revisited it for a while, I was waiting the entire time for purchasable properties to be highlighted some way on the map and they just aren't. You just walk up to them and get a prompt if they are :v: I feel stupid.

The combat system is really enjoyable but I was starting to burn out on it towards the end of the game. My favourite style is Rush for Kiryu and Thug for Majima, which transitioned towards Slugger at the end which made boss fights trivial because of hyper armour and bat nunchuck wrecking everyone's poo poo.

What a fantastic story and genuinely lovable characters, though. Nishitani :allears: I can absolutely tell why this series is so adored by its fans and I'm definitely along for the ride once Kiwami 1 and 2 come out for the PC. For now, though, I'll be popping in and out of Premium Adventure from time to time and just polishing up side stories and the management games for a while.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Bun-chan is my spirit animal and fills me with peace

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You do not understand, you loving ingrates, you lousy brigands. Bun-chan is so round and pleasant. He is your spherical pal and will accompany you and bring you luck.

His vacant eyes see but do not understand, he just loves unconditionally. He is soft. Sometimes he is pink and sometimes he is white but he is always well dressed and ready to play. Why won't you love bun-chan? What has he ever done to you? Collect him and cherish him. It is Correct.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Haven't visited this thread for a while since I finished 0 and started Kiwami last year. Got about a third into Kiwami and then dropped it for other games, recently got back into it and put the time in. I'm a Yakuza neophyte, these two being the only ones I've played in the series, but I really loved Y0 so I'm riding the Kiryu train as long as they keep releasing games on the PC.

I'm coming up on the end of Kiwami and while I preferred 0 by far, I've enjoyed my time with it. The side missions definitely feel a lot less wacky and there feels like there's been a lot more grind for things that aren't that interesting in the skill trees, all of which I've maxed out except for Dragon which I'm building up. No spoilers, but how does Kiwami 2 compare in these regards? Also, just out of curiosity, how faithful is Kiwami to the original game when it comes to progression, sidequests, story etc?

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

HebrewMagic posted:

We all love our digital daughter

Do we love her more than Majima, who is everywhere, including in our hearts (maybe literally)

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Inferior posted:

Kiwami 2 is a better game all around- the combat's more fun and the new engine looks really good. Yakuza 2 was a better game than Yakuza 1 to start with (weirder sidequests, larger world) and the update did it justice.

Yeah, drat. I just bought Kiwami 2 without looking anything up and I'm really surprised at the presentation bump, I wasn't expecting so many things to be overhauled. I thought they'd keep most of the things the same but this is a huge step up.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Would your life be improved by having Majima Everywhere irl

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Man going from Kiwami to Kiwami 2 makes me realise just how much I missed the wacky sidestories that made me fall in love with Yakuza 0. Car-loving men and making art, gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Paramemetic posted:

hi I'm playing Yakuza 0 for the first time, it is my first Yakuza game and I am dying laughing this is amazing

I am permanently breakdancing with Majima, with Kiryu I hit people with bikes but if there are no bikes I use Rush.

I just got the "I'll make them an offer... IN CASH" cutscene and had to pause and take a minute, what the gently caress is this game. The saccharine sweet and wholesome subplots and then I just beat a person with a motorcycle. Tonight I got the Arakure Quest and it was the most over the top wholesome poo poo at the end. Kids shows have less wholesome messages. Holy moly. Also the Pizza quest.

I love everything about this game and just had to take a minute to appreciate it directly into this thread.

I am struggling with fishing tho I'm not gonna lie.

Edit: oh my god did I just hire the band member I taught hooliganism to jesus christ this game

As a fellow Yakuza neophyte I'll warn you that Yakuza Kiwami 1 is way more sedate in tone with only a few wacky things happening but it's still worth seeing the plot through and fighting is still fun

Kiwami 2 throws you right back into zanyville where you get to beat up a man who loves his car until he starts naming it after you and have a heartfelt conversation about lovely self help books