Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I love that the customer survey they put out mentions the chicken video under the reasons you bought the game section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

GhostDog posted:

Are there remasters for 2-5 planned? Assuming not, are any of these worth going back to between Kiwami and 6? Better to just read the story synopsis?

Every one is great.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm not saying Dead Souls is bad because I haven't and don't intend to play it, but it's pretty astounding that they decided on that over Kenzan to bring over and even worse if it's true that they took Dead Souls' flopping as a sign that Yakuza isn't viable over here causing the great Yakuza famine we are gladly over with.

God, I'm so glad we're done with Yakuza being Japan only.

Americans are obsessed with zombie media, it made perfect sense to localize Dead Souls over the other spinoffs.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Digital Osmosis posted:

I assume most people here know this, but for "surprisingly excellent side-quests" basically nothing beats The Witcher 3. This is shaping up to be an easy second place so far, though.

The average Yakuza side quest is way more entertaining than the average Witcher side quest.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Fantasy Zone is the best arcade game in Zero.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Dead Souls was fun just to see characters I'm a fan of in increasingly stupid b-movie situations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Kiwami is better if you've played Zero first and Zero's just a better game overall.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Aren't they adding a whole lot of content to Kiwami 2 that wasn't in the original, with the playable Majima stuff?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I really liked the way they changed baseball in 6, since you aren’t angling the camera in weird ways to aim your swing anymore and you can keep your eye on the ball instead. Mind you, I’m also a weirdo who sank like 10 hours into the baseball manager mini game.

I still want a whole, fleshed out Yakuza Baseball game.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Ciaphas posted:

No. gently caress no. Where did this meme start. There may or may not be a murder Kiryu may or may not have committed but he is very definitely a murderer.

It's not a "meme," it's something the stories in the games repeatedly say, no matter how ludicrous it looks.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I want a Yakuza with Pengo in the arcade.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

VolticSurge posted:

Just skip 5, it's the worst game in the series. Just watch a synopsis on Youtube. But the rest are pretty good.

Awful advice, play them all.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Does anyone have a list of what's being changed that isn't in video form or on a crazy person's conspiracy site?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Sakurazuka posted:

Answer X Answer gone
Awful okama stereotype sub stories gone
One of the family crests changed to something less imperial Japan flag looking
Kiryu not smoking on the cover

That's about it

That all sounds fine, thanks

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I legit liked the goofy rear end golf game

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

BrainMeats posted:

Keeps calling him the Jar Jar Binks of the Yakuza world which seems a bit harsh.
Nice

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Yakuza: Like A Dragon Quest

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I'm playing the remaster of 5 now and I love the taxi stuff so much

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Y5: I could listen to Saejima do karaoke forever

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Mordiceius posted:

So far, just a little bit in to Saejima's story in Yakuza 5 and I like his character far more already. I didn't like him at all in Yakuza 4, but he's a lot better here. But boy does it feel like I'm the one spending three years in prison.

I really liked both Saejima and Akiyama way more in 5 than 4.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I've said it before but I'd love to play a game that expands 6's baseball stuff to an entire game

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Y6 baseball mini game rules

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Would I be right in thinking this is the first game where a platinum is actually possible to most players? There's no inane trophy to beat the whole thing again on ex-hard, and most of the minigames dont have to be touched.

6 is an easier platinum and takes way less time. The main time sink here is grinding levels for the final optional dungeon.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I wish there had been more photo missions and fewer robotics and motorcycle missions

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Difficulty DOES affect Death Race at least, after I got sick of it I just put it on Simple to grind out the rest of the races so I could see the story's end

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Death Race is bullshit. I thought y’all were being dramatic after finishing the first 2 gangs. Yeah it feels crappy but didn’t think it would get so hard. On the first race of the last gang I saved all my boost til the end and still didn’t win, getting passed at the end while boosting.

It felt like a waste of time trying to get good at it, I just turned the difficulty down and abused infinite boost (and still got passed every now and then)

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Mirello posted:

I've heard that 3 is pretty crappy. I was gonna wait a while to play it anyways, but its just sad. k1 and 2 have really tempered my enthusiasm for this series. After 0, I couldn't stop thinking about kamurocho and wanting to come back. I actually think I liked k1 more than k2 lol, which I've never heard of anyone else feeling that way.
I agree with everything you've said about K2 and #3 is one of my favorite in the series

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I wish it had more side content but I ended up liking the story in Kaito Files way more than the main game

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I was so happy when someone told me that turning down the game's difficulty level made the motorcycle races basically impossible to lose. They're awful but at least that got me though them quickly.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Yakuza 3's story is totally acceptable soap opera silliness, the only thing I really dislike is how much of it gets dumped on you at once in the big sit down scene. It's the game that got me into the series and I still absolutely love its vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

man nurse posted:

For me the motorcycle poo poo way overstayed its welcome and the fighting game esports club should’ve been longer in exchange.

Yeah this was way worse than the robotics club for me, it wasn't hard but it took so drat long

I wish there had been more photography missions, I liked those and there were what, 3?