Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazon Prime is both a blessing and a curse since I'll definitely get it release day but no chance of getting it earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Now the only bookmarked thread I have with the PS3 tag is Demon's Souls...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's always safe to assume that you need to manual save with all Japanese games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fadderman posted:

I can't seem to find Yakuza 0 on the PSN store for europe,
anyone got a clue about that?

There no preorder you have to wait until it's actually out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's been out for two years in Japan so there wasn't likely to be a new patch at launch unless they caught a big gently caress up in the localisation too late. There's always an install on PS4 games but I guess it's quick enough to not be noticeable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I take it Rush Mode isn't that great against bosses, since it didn't work very well against the first one for me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

It depends. If you're good at bobbing and weaving it's amazing against bosses but it's probably the most effort to payoff.

Is there some trick to dizzying people with it since it seems to happen so rarely at the moment, they're usually dead before it happens.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CharlestonJew posted:

If you want to dizzy don't ever use the finishing blows, just mash square

Ohhhh thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tap my mountain posted:

I started the real estate thinking it didn't pay out nearly as much as it should and then 20 minutes later I own almost all of the first district and money is pouring in.

Where does the money go when you invest in yourself, do you just swallow it all?

It goes to paying hobos to punch you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gutcruncher posted:

Remember the days when we almost didn't even get Yakuza 3 at all? Lol funny times, I tell ya.

And 4 and 5

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Speaking of is there a decent guide anywhere for Kenzan aimed at people who know no Japanese? I bought it on a trip there ages ago, but my attempts to play it never met with any great success.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

... Uh, what?

Even if you somehow thought that was true, I'm pretty sure the critically-and-commerically hailed Dark Souls/Bloodborne games would count as the 'proof that Japanese game developers can do well" before Yakuza would.

Gyros a nutjob

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not fatal unless you see someone die in a cutscene. Much like how Batman can snap a guys arms and legs then throw him off a building or drive a tank around the city centre but never actually kills anyone.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Where does the Gundam cafe fit in?
Or Kirby Cafe?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a shame they couldn't reuse the old Mark Hamill dub

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kiwami is cool but drat I'll be glad when 6 comes out and looks better than an upscaled PS3 game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought Kenzan years ago thoroughly intending to play it but it turns out I'm really bad at playing games I don't understand.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Seems like it to me, I've been burning through the healing items at a rate. Bald funeral boss who's name I can't remember took way too many hits to put down on Normal.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah the whole thing is like when a TV shows writers realise that one of the side characters is super popular and shove them in everything until you start hating them.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Where's the dude that gives you stuff for your collection points?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Body there are skills that give a blanket boost to your damage in all styles, the first two are three point unlocks too.
There's virtually zero chance of getting both before Shimano though so I'm hoping he's just a one off.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 31, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Watch out for a giant traffic cone

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't play Yakuza games on hard unless your other hobbies include pounding nails through your cock.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh Snapple! posted:

Can you miss substories in Kiwami, or can you just do them at your own pace?

precision posted:

Kiwami, being an older game, has a lot more substories dependent on what time of day it is and whether Haruka is with you or not. So there are times you'll be able to "miss" something, I believe, if you can't trigger the right conditions.

As far as I'm aware, while it's possible to miss some during the main game because of this, all conditions and quests are available in Premium Adventure after you finish the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Like a lot of things Yakuza, Majima Everywhere would be a lot better if it was just the scripted fights/encounters and not literally running into him every five minutes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It feels like you start out a lot weaker in Kiwami, which works well for the 'you've gotten old and rusty in jail' feel but you get the old Kiryu back pretty quickly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sensor just makes him show up on the mini map if he's moving, if he's hiding he won't show up on it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did you get another message before that? Sometimes you can have a rank up event and a 'you did ~thing~ certain amount of times' event going at the same time and one will kind of take precedence over the other.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh my god I hate billiards, 8 or 9 straight losses against Majima :sigh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No that's it, you have to say you're not going to let them go when you get a choice at the end. You can also get it from the second quest with the guy who wants to be Kiryu's minion

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That bit made me want to try Dead Souls again....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rank C Majima gives you so much experience, at least for chapter 5 lol but can also just decide to gently caress your poo poo up if he wants

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The worst thing about never using block is that approx 50% of the skills are 'make Beast mode resist guard better'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kiwami seems to assume you've played Zero first despite being a remake of the very first game so I'm gonna go with Zero.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is the colourful parasol particularly useful as a weapon because I can get like ¥1000000 for selling it...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm on like 35% completion and I haven't finished chapter 5 lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The colosseum fights can go gently caress themselves

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol bowling only took me a couple of goes but I could not win a game of 9-ball against him to save my life.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey come and hang out with me and watch my girlfriend strip is probably one of the weirder 'get you know you's

E: oh god this is so awkward

Double e: I remember this side story now, it's the one they ripped off from the Golgo 13 movie

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Sep 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just a heads up, the requirements for Komaki's fourth skill is wrong on the 'Abilities' screen, he wants the Cat image not Kamitachi.

I'm an idiot and didn't realise that there were more than five skills and the next one was to the side...

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 2, 2017