Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Would you mod a game like Yakuza anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV9RrdIUpTI

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I just reached the "point of no return" in Kiwami, so now I'm trawling for any side stories I missed. It's always so sad when a Yakuza game reaches the end...

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

Holy poo poo the penultimate reveal in kiwami

I shouldve guessed but sunflower being the orphanage of all kazamas targets kids is nuts

Yeah, that made me gasp.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Heartbreak Mermaid for sure

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Yesssssssss

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

They still had them in later games too, there was one I distinctly remember in Saejima's chapter of 5 where some dude wanted you to carry plates of food over an icy road, it was super finicky and it counted as failed if you hosed it up once, unless you'd saved recently. I hadn't.

That was probably the hardest substory in the whole series for me. I reloaded my save probably ten times before finally giving up. In spite of that, it’s still one of my favorites.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

VolticSurge posted:

Just skip 5, it's the worst game in the series. Just watch a synopsis on Youtube. But the rest are pretty good.

5 has the best substories in the series. Don’t skip 5.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Also the photoshoot minigame in Kiwami 2 is the worst minigame so far. Even apart from the creep factor, the mechanics aren't engaging and a round goes on for far too long. Telephone Club did a similar thing much better.

I have trouble conceiving of a worse minigame than the catfights in 0, but I wouldn't put it past them either.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

If they made Dead Souls play like Binary Domain it would probably be my favorite game ever

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

A good poster posted:

Man, porting Kiwami 2 to PC would require getting Virtual On and Virtua Fighter 2 to work properly, on top of optimizing the the base game's newer engine. I'm worried that Sega would consider that too expensive to attempt.

If they were to add online multiplayer for Virtual On in a hypothetical PC version, I’d absolutely double dip and buy a copy

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Catzilla posted:

I want a green hoodie with FART written across the front.

Of all the differences between Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2, that was the thing I missed the most.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Norton the First posted:

Has Kiryu ever canonically gotten laid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkAVyBE8qNM&t=326s

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Norton the First posted:

I seriously do not understand how to play Virtua On. It seems like such a fun concept, but I have no idea what determines whether I'll hit someone or not. I just end up dashing around the stage like a maniac hoping that something lands.

Does Kiwami 2 default to the control scheme where you use the face buttons? Because that’s not a good way to play it. Make sure you switch to the control scheme where it’s just the analog sticks and the shoulder buttons, so it’s more like the arcade controls, then you push the sticks apart from each other to jump and in together to jump cancel. That’s the better way to play it.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

It only really hut me when I realized I had 49 hours in Yakuza four and hadn't gotten past akiyamas story

i would say that you are playing the games as intended. the people who just zip through the story without stopping to smell the flowers have something wrong with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

And Tyler Too! posted:

I want to see Haruka hit at least one person over the head with a bike.

https://youtu.be/RV9RrdIUpTI