Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

anyone else get a little teary eyed at the grave which had no epitaph for norman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

anyone else get a little teary eyed at the grave which had no epitaph for norman?

Honestly I was kind of hoping there'd be a grave for Norma Romero, and nothing else. Norman's really not worth commemorating.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Henry Black posted:

Honestly I was kind of hoping there'd be a grave for Norma Romero, and nothing else. Norman's really not worth commemorating.

This would have been punchy, but Dylan's had an enormous amount of faith in Norman (definitely played up this season, but it had always been there) and really who else would do the tombstone. I could see a new tombstone for Norma Romero and Norman Bates, with Norman described as merely "beloved brother".

edit: I'm very happy that Dylan made it out happy/alive, but would have liked a little more elaboration on the outcome of his and Emma's relationship. Maybe I read the GBS r/relationships thread too much, but "my husband abandoned me and our infant to confront his brother, who murdered both our mothers" comes off as a big problem. I would have liked to see either a little more ambiguity in Dylan and Emma's reunion, or a scene of Dylan choosing to frame his actions as vengeance to her.

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 26, 2017

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Henry Black posted:

Norman's really not worth commemorating.

I see where you're coming from and understand why it might seem that way at first but realistically I don't see why not. He was a young man who struggled with crippling mental illness. The guy was about as not guilty by reason of insanity as you can possibly get.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 26, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I almost teared up when I made the parallels between that episode and the end of a particular video game that I'd rather not spoil (I know, I'm lame).

NatashaQuick
Jun 30, 2007

No Mr. Bond,
I expect you to die.

get that OUT of my face posted:

I almost teared up when I made the parallels between that episode and the end of a particular video game that I'd rather not spoil (I know, I'm lame).

Mother?

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
what was the medallion (?) thing that the cop uncovered in the gravel parking lot? It kinda looked like a dog collar but i barely saw it. maybe a throwback to an earlier season victim but i haven't seen 1-4 yet.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

life is a joke posted:

what was the medallion (?) thing that the cop uncovered in the gravel parking lot? It kinda looked like a dog collar but i barely saw it. maybe a throwback to an earlier season victim but i haven't seen 1-4 yet.

It was Emma's mom's room key, if I recall correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

the only show I like anymore is over :smith:

I liked how loving insane Norman was by the last episode. Highmore deserves all the awards.

• Locked thread