Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is Going to Win the Rumble?
This poll is closed.
Goldberg 15 4.23%
Brock Lesnar 4 1.13%
Undertaker 31 8.73%
A New Day Member 11 3.10%
A Wyatt Family Member 19 5.35%
The Miz 11 3.10%
Dean Ambrose 4 1.13%
Sheamus 3 0.85%
Cesaro 7 1.97%
Baron Corbin 8 2.25%
Braun Strowman 30 8.45%
Big Cass 4 1.13%
Rusev 10 2.82%
Dolph Ziggler 10 2.82%
Big Show 4 1.13%
Sami Zayn 60 16.90%
Chris Jericho 29 8.17%
Someone Else 95 26.76%
Total: 355 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

nooneofconsequence posted:

very little discussion about Alexa's engagement here

No more reason to watch Smackdown now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

American Alpha should grow moustaches.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Kennel posted:

American Alpha should grow moustaches.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

My friend just told me a great Kevin Nash story. He said he was at an indie event a few years back with a friend and the friend asked Nash for a photo. Nash asked for money and the person stormed off angrily. Nash just kinda laughed and shrugged and said "Well how else am I supposed to make money?"

Kevin Nash owns

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
https://youtu.be/RkTtcwWmdfA

Yo' uncle and yo' daddy is very bad at Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Gable with a mustache looks like an 80s action movie protagonist from the 4th sequel where the main star has long since moved on.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Shawn Cotureier posted:

This is a good watch.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Seth's cackling :allears:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

very little discussion about Alexa's engagement here
aw :kimchi: good for them!

ive wondered before how WWE feels about the two of them, since Vince loves to interfere in relationships. they called up alexa without buddy murphy, but wwe doesn't (usually) mess with married couples, right?

FIRST TO SCOOP: Buddy Murphy to move to Smackdown Live!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sportsgenius86 posted:

I haven't watched all of the Confirmation Hearings but I'm confident in saying Linda is probably the most qualified of all the appointees to hold her position.

Linda didn't suggest that we need guns in our schools to fend off bear attacks so she's already ahead of the curve

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
I hope Jericho wins the Rumble by being in the Shark Cage and Owens controlling the crane swinging him around and knocking people out of the ring. Jericho then turns on KO and goes for his title but Stephanie forces him to fight the match at Wrestlemania inside cage.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Jericho winning is the only thing that makes sense, correct? I guess KO and Jericho can feud over the US title but that would be loving lovely to do for the two guys that have been carrying Raw. Goldberg, Undertaker, and Lesnar would be the most awful for obvious reasons. All part timers, Goldberg and Undertaker are over 50, and they totally don't need it. Too soon for Sami, plus he sucks. Maybe Miz would be okay.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRwdo-oHCSI
:lol: Cesaro's burn on DJ Hyde

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

KANE is back in the confession thread.

quote:

I'm still WWE Superstar Kane, I still post on these forums, and my new goal in life is to become mod of the Rowdy Ringsports subforum.

Here are a few tidbits of info. Believe or disbelieve, it's your right

1) Just like you hate talking politics at work, most of us hate it too. Vince McMahon is extremely pro-Trump, they've worked together for years and you all know Linda was basically gifted a government position she's not qualified for. Most of us in the locker room are anti-Trump, so there's very little we can discuss at work without having to look over our shoulders or outright lie and smile like we love everything. That said, it does my Big Red Heart good to see those protests on Saturday.

2) My best friend in the WWE is Daniel Bryan and I'm really happy we are on Smackdown Live together. We still get to hang out and now that he's in a non-wrestler role, we get more time to talk books and sports.

3) I would not recommend anyone get in to the wrestling business. It is a scummy industry and I've seen it chew up and spit out hundreds of people in my life. It takes a certain type of person to make it here. You have to be slightly crazy (I dressed up as a Christmas tree to break in to the industry) and it is hell on your social and love life. That's not even getting in to the havoc it does to your body. I wrestled a very safe style for decades and I'm kind of a mess. Guys today run at 110% at all times, I fear for their bodies when they're old like me.

4) Hunger Games books are way better than the movies and I will chokeslam anyone who disagrees lol

5) There's also one other WWE superstar who's posted there for YEARS and nobody figured it out, even I didn't know until he told me.

I hope everybody has a good week, watch SD Live on Tuesday (9/8 c on USA Network), and the Royal Rumble is this Sunday!!! You may see a surprise or two on SD this week.....

Also there was something about how he knows who a poster here really is and he hates that person.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm Mojo Rawley and I post here and Kane hates me just fyi

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm Mojo Rawley and I post here and Kane hates me just fyi

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I always assumed somebody here was Matt Striker.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
*poster shows up in gdt adjusting his glasses and tie*

Sorry fellas, had to go fill the parking meter, shucks, did I miss another Kane match? One of these days I'll see one live, I swear

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Xerzes posted:

I always assumed somebody here was Matt Striker.

I'm more of a seth rollins

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I was talking with my boss today, he told me his son is getting more and more into wrestling. My boss is like, the epitome of a hipster CEO dude, there's no way he's into wrestling. He's actually pretty angry with the WWE in general cause of the McMahon/Trump affiliation.

Anyway I asked him about what introduced his kid into wrestling, and he said it was the Scooby Doo cartoon. Now his son is a big "John Sena" fan and wants to go to a live show.

So I guess the cartoon poo poo I've been making fun of them doing is actually working to build new fans? Weird.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

So I guess the cartoon poo poo I've been making fun of them doing is actually working to build new fans? Weird.

I vaguely recall somebody doing some kind of breakdown of their demographics and figuring out that while they're continually bringing in new kid fans very few of them are actually sticking around for more than a year or two?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Royal Rumble
Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns
AJ Styles vs. John Cena
Charlotte vs. Bayley
Rich Swann vs. Neville
Nikki Bella & Naomi & Becky Lynch vs. Natalya & Alexa Bliss & Mickie James
Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

Those 6 hours are going to fly by.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm Matt Striker

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I can't believe all the votes you people gave Sami Zayn. The blandest of the bland wrestlers. I suppose it's better than Oldberg, Brock Lesnar, and Undertaker. Lots of votes for Jericho, but he's got outside obligations after Wrestlemania, so he isn't winning. I voted for Rusev, my favorite to win.

I seriously doubt big hosses Strowman and Corbin are ready to be main eventers for Wrestlemania. Maybe Summerslam, but not before.

Fake edit: I hope HHH doesn't gently caress with the finish of the royal rumble.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

ijii posted:

Fake edit: I hope HHH doesn't gently caress with the finish of the royal rumble.
*Wade Barrett's podium slowly rises to the right of the ramp*

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Jerusalem posted:

I vaguely recall somebody doing some kind of breakdown of their demographics and figuring out that while they're continually bringing in new kid fans very few of them are actually sticking around for more than a year or two?

Weird, how could the compelling WWE narrative not hook viewers long term?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

ijii posted:

I can't believe all the votes you people gave Sami Zayn. The blandest of the bland wrestlers.

I wanted Joe :(

Ended up going Kofi/Big E tho.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I'm Kane and welcome to SMACKDOWN LIVE

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Blaise330 posted:

I wanted Joe :(

Ended up going Kofi/Big E tho.

I've never seen Joe wrestle, but hopefully he can make a debut like AJ Styles and have a good run. New Day would have been my second vote. Let Big E win at RR then WM, and then have Kofi and Xavier win the tag belts at a later time. During this time, I hope they go back being heels.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

What's this about road dog taking over smackdown's writing?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I'm Kane, and so is my wife!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Miz is cool and good, and always has been.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They really are going to do Shane-A.J for fucks sake.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

They really are going to do Shane-A.J for fucks sake.

AJ is going to make Shane look like the superstar he deserves to be, and then there's going to be a stupid spectacle bump and maybe even one for Shane too

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Surprisingly Kane isn't in the rumble. Still hope for Fake Diesel and Gillberg tho.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm watching some old WWE videos on Youtube and these struck me as really surreal:

(a) The US President and at least one incoming US Cabinet member have received Stone Cold Stunners on live TV.

(b) I was watching the old Team Hell No / Anger Management videos from 2012/2013, including the skits with the Rhodes Scholars. Kane has somehow outlasted Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow in the WWE (as active-roster wrestlers, at least - Daniel Bryan is still in the WWE but in a non-wrestling role).

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jan 25, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

AJ is going to make Shane look like the superstar he deserves to be, and then there's going to be a stupid spectacle bump and maybe even one for Shane too
mm yes i am very glad wwe signed aj styles so that he could run a program with shane mcmahon

i certainly enjoy pro wrestling

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

JosephWongKS posted:

(a) The US President and at least one incoming US Cabinet member have received Stone Cold Stunners on live TV. They both also had the worst sells of the stunner ever

ftfy

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i hope kane keeps austin aries secret to himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

John Cena had a promo that was bad and made AJ look like a joke.

• Locked thread