Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

Al! posted:

if that's the case, can they please stop kicking in the door to my office and holding me down while taking the samples from wherever they please every half hour? and i've heard threats of something called fingertip samples?

While we urge all employees to take advantage of these exciting new benefits, they can be discontinued at any time by bringing form CV-7782, filled out in triplicate, IN PERSON to the Red Room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I broke the coffee machine trying to use vodka instead of water again, what forms do I need to fill out to requisition a new one and a new fifth of bottom shelf vodka

Manifisto

Ominous Jazz posted:

I broke the coffee machine trying to use vodka instead of water again, what forms do I need to fill out to requisition a new one and a new fifth of bottom shelf vodka

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce employees are advised NOT to use bottom-shelf vodka in the coffee machine. The impurities gum up the works.

City of Glompton

Human Resources software upgrade, my cloaca! Meanwhile us non-humans are stuck with the mysterious portal to complete our tasks. Maybe next time I have to reach through it to absorb additional staff, I'll just keep going!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

FactsAreUseless

Everyone! Get out of the building! Hurry! Run! "Human Resources..." it's a cookbook! It's a cookbook!

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Human Resources is PEOPLE

ArseMan

Jeg kan ikke snakke norsk, men jeg fortsatt elsker mitt fedreland :norway:

We're so happy to see the quick uptake of the new software! We know change is hard, but we are so thrilled that you have adapted so quickly to our new system.

Please submit your self-evaluations and 360 reviews by next Friday. You can use the web interface, or simply hand over a strand of hair (minimum length 6 inches) to your department's homunculus.

Manifisto

due to a computer glitch, our company is now named "annie's applesauce." instead of complex financial derivatives and global consulting services, starting immediately our business will be focused exclusively on apples, applesauce, and applesauce-like products such as apple butter and apple jelly. there will be an immediate hiring freeze for our branch offices in London, Paris, Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Santiago, as it is not immediately clear what role these branches will play in our refocused business. our CEO will step down as soon as a woman named "annie" with relevant leadership experience can be located and hired.

we apologize for any disruption from this unexpected development. however, we are pleased to announce that this year's company picnic is still on for next wednesday. we don't want to spoil the surprise, but be prepared to give up some "appl-ause" for a special surprise theme and secret ingredient!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

"Stack 'em like cord-wood." -a recent suggestion from our new human resources program

AAB

are we really the right flavor of Agile yet?

StandardVC10

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I logged in okay, but the only message the software had for me was "Pile body upon body."

Is that like some kind of system default or something?

death sext

Ok so. I went to log in but my fingers are stuck to the keyboard? There's a keening monotonous wail. Everything's red? Can IT send someone down here?

Manifisto

death sext posted:

keening monotonous wail

no no you misunderstand

that is IT

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

death sext posted:

Ok so. I went to log in but my fingers are stuck to the keyboard? There's a keening monotonous wail. Everything's red? Can IT send someone down here?

ƃuıoƃ ǝɹ,ǝʍ ǝɹǝɥʍ ʇı pǝǝu ʇ,uop ǝʍ

Al!

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i have trouble reaching IT. I usually get ahold of It. IT it or

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

i have trouble reaching IT. I usually get ahold of It. IT it or

well yeah, you have to offer an eyeball in sacrifice

it doesnt have to be yours but i hear it helps!

poopzilla

HI WHO JUST JOINED?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ultra Spoot

FactsAreUseless posted:

"You wanted to see me?"

[the sound of a 1980s laser printer]

ARE YOU MARRIED JOHN

"I'm not sure how that's... I don't see how that's relevant to my job. I thought this was about my insurance, and--"

[fax sounds cut John off]

JOHN HAVE YOU EVER KISSED A COMPUTER JOHN HAVE YOU KISSED HER ON THE PORTS

*Sitting in hr office* Yes, I hosed that printer. Is that what you wanna hear? We made love, and it was beautiful. I love her, and she loves me with all her plastic and lasery being. Clearly our love just makes you uncomfortable, and I would appreciate it if you respected what we do in the privacy of the copy room. GOOD DAY *storms out*

*pokes head back in* oh and I still can't log in

poopzilla

I saw stan have what can only be described as a very serious and emotional conversation with a squirrel while on lunch. i was just out of earshot so i couldnt make out much of what was said but he was visibly shaken as he walked away.

my question is what form on the sharepoint site should i use to report this

----------------

StandardVC10

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
When I alt-tab from the human resources software it turns all my desktop icons into pentagrams. Please fix

JuulPodSaveAmerica

poopzilla posted:

I saw stan have what can only be described as a very serious and emotional conversation with a squirrel while on lunch. i was just out of earshot so i couldnt make out much of what was said but he was visibly shaken as he walked away.

my question is what form on the sharepoint site should i use to report this

This one's good. Thank you for helping us identify the squirrel who had been stealing our nuts. He has been sent to Australia for purging. He will be purged.

----------------
i honestly believe you are tripping right now.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
The HR system here is a tyranny. Looking at The Book (may or may not be the Necronomicon) would drive you insane. Once you're sufficiently insane, you get to enter the Book for purging. Then, your souls fuel the HR department's search for more souls. It's so loving lit, and must have been designed by some kind of Dark Lord.

----------------

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

There seems to be a buffer overflow stack error on the last update and well ... look at Steve.

Manifisto

hello, was just wondering whether hr was aware that our new keyboards have an extra key with a skull printed on it. not entirely sure what this does but it is inconveniently placed next to the space bar and sometimes I hit it by accident. this seems to be followed by a faint rumbling as though some immense machinery far underground was being repositioned. am sort of curious whether our company disability plan covers injury by doomsday device haha!

seriously though I guess I'm just gonna play around with this thing until I get bored or something happens.

ty nesamdoom!

BIRDCON 2017

HR,
i'm trying to access the software but the login button onscreen keeps avoiding my mouse clicks, as if to taunt me. the enter key does the same when i try to press it. all i can hear is laughter, which persists in my ear even after i have removed my headset. this is clearly intended functionality for the program and i have failed you greatly. please banish me to the Doom Realm for immediate helltorture.
thanks,
henry from sales

Elusif

Dear HR,

I am so boring and uninteresting that the forces of darkness want nothing to do with me. Can I have a gray hat to go with my gray walls and gray life?

death sext

BIRDCON 2017 posted:

HR,
i'm trying to access the software but the login button onscreen keeps avoiding my mouse clicks, as if to taunt me. the enter key does the same when i try to press it. all i can hear is laughter, which persists in my ear even after i have removed my headset. this is clearly intended functionality for the program and i have failed you greatly. please banish me to the Doom Realm for immediate helltorture.
thanks,
henry from sales

the Doom Realm is down for server maintenance

Business Gorillas

I just got a new list of job duties and it's apparently written on human skin. Was this human skin sustainably resourced? In a conscious consumer

death sext

Do I get my skin back if I retire with full pension?

Business Gorillas

death sext posted:

Do I get my skin back if I retire with full pension?

Death Sext,

Fortunately for you, all employees have a guaranteed full pension of misery and filth in the Nightmare Dimension. Feel free to contact your union representative, Xugghunoth the Unyielding, if you have any further questions.

Yours in Death,
*audio file of manic screeching cut short by a buzzsaw*

ArseMan

Jeg kan ikke snakke norsk, men jeg fortsatt elsker mitt fedreland :norway:

poopzilla posted:

HI WHO JUST JOINED?

I think you are on the wrong call. Please join us here: http://conferencecall.biz/

heard u like girls

Excuse me, a batch of flesh eating ducks is blocking the west entrance to the building still

----------------

JuulPodSaveAmerica

heard u like girls posted:

Excuse me, a batch of flesh eating ducks is blocking the west entrance to the building still

It's actually a cleverly disguised Black Widow.

----------------

Manifisto

heard u like girls posted:

maybe when the batch of flesh is finished with the ducks, it will wander off?

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Attention: If you encounter a batch of flesh, please guide it back to the Doom Realm, so we can resume receiving victims employees for retraining.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Don't judge a batch of flesh by its skeleton, please. These bones are haunted :(.

----------------

Manifisto

Blanketspace posted:

Don't judge a batch of flesh by its skeleton, please. These bones are haunted :(.

you're in luck, I think the new software has a section about the Bone Exchange Program

offhand I'm not sure whether bones are getting exchanged for something else, or one employee's bones are getting exchanged for another's, or whether indeed the bones in your body are just getting rotated like a set of tires. but it'll probably help with your haunting issue?

JuulPodSaveAmerica

Manifisto posted:

you're in luck, I think the new software has a section about the Bone Exchange Program

offhand I'm not sure whether bones are getting exchanged for something else, or one employee's bones are getting exchanged for another's, or whether indeed the bones in your body are just getting rotated like a set of tires. but it'll probably help with your haunting issue?

I don't think it matters. Are skeletons nihilists?

----------------

bean mom

which department do i need to speak with regarding the 10 am meeting? I was preparing for it at my desk when everything in reality shifted to the right about three centimeters. I'm now partially phased into the chair i was sitting in, and my hands are now inside the keyboard

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas

Zyla posted:

which department do i need to speak with regarding the 10 am meeting? I was preparing for it at my desk when everything in reality shifted to the right about three centimeters. I'm now partially phased into the chair i was sitting in, and my hands are now inside the keyboard

*opens mouth to answer but only static noise comes out*

• Locked thread