Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

pre:
Name: Kalderich
Chapter: Iron Hands
Specialty: Devastator 
Past: Service in the Fleet
Demeanor: Iron and Hate, Ambitious
Special Ability: Unrelenting Devastation (Squad Mode: Deal 1 extra damage per hit vs Hordes, 1d5 if using a blast weapon)
Trapping: Exceptional-craftsmanship bionic hand
Solo Ability: Suffer No Weakness
Squad Attack: Ruthless Advance
Squad Defense: Strength of Iron

WS  BS  S   T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel
30  60  60  45  30  50  50  40  40

Movement: 4/8/12/24
Wounds: 23
Corruption Points:0
Insanity Points: 0
Fate Points: 3

Skills
Awareness +5
Ciphers (Chapter Runes)
Climb
Common Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, Deathwatch, War)
Concealment -40
Dodge
Drive (Ground Vehicle)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Intimidate +10
Literacy
Navigation (Surface)
Scholastic Lore (Codex Astartes)
Silent Move -30
Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic)
Tactics (Defensive Doctrine)
Tracking

Talents
Basic Weapon Training (Primitive, Flame, Las, Launcher, Melta, Plasma, SP, Bolt)
Pistol Weapon Training (Primitive, Flame, Las, Launcher, Melta, Plasma, SP, Bolt)
Heavy Weapon Training (Primitive, Flame, Las, Launcher, Melta, Plasma, SP, Bolt)
Thrown Weapon Training (Primitive, Flame, Chain, Shock, Power)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive, Flame, Chain, Shock, Power)
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Killing Strike
Unarmed Warrior
True Grit
Quick Draw
Nerves of Steel
Unarmed Master
Hulking
Heightened Sense (Sound, Sight)
Resistance (Psychic)
Mighty Shot

Traits
Space Marine Implants
Unnatural Strength x 2
Unnatural Toughness x 2

Gear
Armour: Mk V "Heresy" Armour (Arms 8, Body 9, Head 8, Legs 8)
  History: Death is Joy
  Battle Scars: Battered by War
 +20 St
 +5 Awareness
 +10 Fellowship with Space Marines
 -10 Fellowship with Inquisition

Astartes Heavy Bolter w/Backpack Ammo Pack
Astartes Bolt Pistol
Astartes Frag Grenade (3)
Astartes Krak Grenade (3)
Astartes Combat Knife
Repair Cement
Bionic Hand (Exceptional Craftsmanship)

Advancement
(1000/1000 spent)
200 - Deed: Precision Targeting (200)
500 - Talent: Mighty Shot
300 - Skill: Tech Use (Trained)
200 - Characteristic Advance (Simple) - BS
Rolls:
Wounds
Fate
Power Armor MK
Power Armor History Tables
Power Armor Histories

quote:

People tend to avoid Brother Kalderich. Some people don't like his staring, unblinking bionic eye. Most non-Astartes don't like his ancient, scarred armor and its uncomfortable association with the Horus Heresy. Some people are leery of the Iron Hands in general, disturbed by their endless pursuit of the annihilation of their own bodies. Some don't avoid his chapter necessarily, but simply don't appreciate the way he talks excitedly about losing limbs and even hopes to have his body destroyed so he could be given the great honor of being interred in dreadnaught armor, forever bringing violence to the enemies of the emperor.

Brother Kalderich doesn't mind. He needs no complications. He has what he needs. He has his clan, whom he is honored to represent in the Deathwatch, showing their dedication to the eradication of weakness. He has his weapons, admirably unfeeling tools of great destruction. He has his armor, a scarred and battered reminder that flesh will bend and break, but iron will endure. He has his hatred, cold, dark, and perpetual. And now in the Deathwatch, Kalderich has the greatest opportunity he has ever had to do great harm to the enemies of the emperor. He is happy to be at the tip of the spear.

Now, early in his sworn term, he appreciates being surrounded by strength. He treats any who go into battle with him with simple respect. His enemies are strong, yes, but he and his is allies are stronger. Kalderich will show them what strength means.

Rip_Van_Winkle fucked around with this message at Mar 8, 2017 around 22:44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Eponymous posted:

No such thing as overkill for the Deathwatch. By the way, is a 10 AM start better again for this Sunday, or do we want to move back to 9?

Either works for me since I'm on CST.

pre:
30 - Kraken Rounds (15 base, +15 for backpack)
20 - Camo-Cloak
12 - Auspex
7  - Assault Shotgun
5  - Stummer
1 -  Astartes Krak Grenade
re: heavy weapons, whoever wants 'em, go nuts, glad someone grabbed a missile launcher. I'm sticking with Heavy bolter + Kraken rounds for now.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Moonwolf posted:

Sorry about dropping the whole "Hey, these weapon stats are wack" errata doc, I'd just assumed we were using it already until damage rolls came out.

It was nice to have, I'd referenced it before but I'm using a character excel doc that says it's using all the errata but on closer inspection it's only using about 2/3rds of it. In the gear list it shows the correct Assault Shotgun stats as 1d10+10 with 4 pen but once you've selected it the actual equipment page it shows the old stats

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Rockopolis posted:

I'll take this moment to pick up some cybernetics.

Iron Hands Approved ™

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

pre:
XP:
500 - Ballistic Skill (Intermediate)

Requsition:
15 - MIU
15 - Auger Array
35 - Multi-Melta (Maxima)
30 - Lascannon
5 - Cameleoline Taurpalin
That should be plenty of different gun to gun whatever different things we might need to gun

gun

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

I'm still in for Sunday, yeah. Excitement!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

JcDent posted:

I posted about it, but I don't see it here, making me question where my post ended up... But anyways, I won't be able to play on Sunday. If you guys do autopilot Olaf, DO NOT get Haytam killed.

Olaf will die before Haytam does

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Eponymous posted:

Next adventure, I'm throwing y'all into space. Or underwater.

I'm suddenly concerned for the safety of my gun caddy

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

I'm in for Sunday.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Hey y'all sorry for the short notice I might be MIA this week, we had to do some last minute father's day rescheduling. Sorry in advance, someone can drive Kalderich if you want. He's easy. Just Use Gun On Man.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

I am also going to be out this upcoming weekend. Feels real flaky on my part to not be available two sessions in a row, but I've got a long-standing prior obligation to go to Chicago and look at dinosaurs in the Field museum.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Also, in my spare time at work over the past few weeks, I turned my dumb damage spreadsheet into a dumb weapon comparison website. Right now the database only has the Lascannon and Heavy Bolter stats in it, and the Dice Damage stat is derived from averages. I haven't gotten to figuring out how to display the min/median/max damage for each weapon, right now it's just dice average.

Anyways. Here it is. It's pre-loaded with the Lascannon and Heavy Bolter base stats, but you can add weapons to the charts and change their stats to see the impact that Might Shot or whatever might have.

http://40calc.com/Tools/DamageCalculator

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Got some characteristic advances and a few talents, nothing too noteworthy. Put a motion predictor on my Heavy Bolter so it's even less likely I'll miss anything. Also got a shoulder-mounted Conflagration Infernus Pistol. Y'know. Just in case anything gets too close.

All I need to do now is get a plasma cannon to round out my heavy weapons list.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

susan posted:

Ready to blend gun...

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Ready to bring great violence upon the enemies of mankind!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

No worries, take care of your Actual Responsibilities first and foremost. Good luck!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

I might be a bit behind this morning, had some family stuff come up, sorry in advance. Just point Kalderich at some xenos if you need GUN.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Apologies about being a no-show, family emergency got a bit escalated yesterday. How did terminator time go?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

susan posted:

Well it turns out Brother Bastion can kill all enemies in a 90m-radius sphere now, so clearing out a derelict Space Hulk went a bit smoother than anticipated :P .

I guess Bastion has achieved peak ugly, finally ugly enough to actually kill anything that sees him like some kind of horrible psychic medusa.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Grabbed Artificer Armor, history rolls got Last Survivor (+1 Fate Point) and Lead from the Front (+1 Cohesion)

Also picked up an Iron Halo for 40, Redemption of St Sulech for 40, and then re-upped my ammo and dumb horse friend's equipment with the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Eponymous posted:

Sorry you had to duck out there Rip Van, but we were pretty much at the end of things. Kalderich did manage to do 176 wounds of damage to the terminator on his next attack, which was pretty neat. Once the sorcerer wasn't there to provide psychic shielding, Bastion pretty much cleared the board with one more push. That just left Pugin, who was so sad about his ten millenia-long plot dissolving, everybody had a chance to stand around and decide who would get the final blow. (Tychon took it.)

Then Inquisitor Lexington got back on the radio, and said the whole mess was being cleaned up by the Inquisition's Ordo Chronos, which he hadn't really thought existed up until now. Without a clear path home, the team was given the option to enter a Webway portal to try and find a way back to their own time/wander endlessly, but everybody more or less decided to find a glorious end in the fields of Terra. And that was that for Kill-Team Sigma.

There was some chat about what people wanted to try next, with several votes for Traveller. Feel free to organize in here, I'll close it once we organize enough to get a new thread going.

Sorry for disappearing - pet emergency - and for generally having been The Flaky Player for this campaign.

I certainly didn't expect y'all to stop the finale just because I had to run. I'm glad we got things wrapped up in a satisfying way. Sounds like a fitting end. Thanks for GMing, it was really great!

I'd be willing to run some short stuff in the interim if someone needs time to prep something longer, I've been reading over Fragged Empire recently and I'm an Iron Kingdoms enthusiast, so I can throw some one-shots of those together if anyone wants to try them out. I probably don't have time to GM an entire campaign since I'm already running two, but I can certainly do short stuff.

• Locked thread